AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2011-04-12, 15:08   Link #61
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
What's the song name? I want to see how it sounds to get an overall idea of how this OVA will turn out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdJO1xQSTq0

This is probably just a sample instrumental remix of Ni's opening (I don't think R07 would only use the NJP for only 1 song..). Since there will be "magical" CDs and things that'll come with Kira package, there will probably be many more performed by the NJP.

To me the OP sounds a little slow in the beginning, but the 2nd half I think is fitting for Kira, since Kira means "Light" and it gives a bit of a grand (bad word choice, sorry) feeling. Plus, Kira's arcs are quite emotional ones (or so the file names look like it, since I was told there is no gore / edgey mystery suspense in these arcs) (minus Batsukoishi-hen which is the humor chapter) that contained aspects that weren't really included in Ni / Kai, since the only emotion portrayed by the characters would only contribute to the motive or the guilt after the murders (and R07 did state when Ni was released, "this is not a love story", so maybe we'll see some of that in Kira too!)
Kantoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 15:32   Link #62
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantoku View Post

This is probably just a sample instrumental remix of Ni's opening (I don't think R07 would only use the NJP for only 1 song..). Since there will be "magical" CDs and things that'll come with Kira package, there will probably be many more performed by the NJP.

To me the OP sounds a little slow in the beginning, but the 2nd half I think is fitting for Kira, since Kira means "Light" and it gives a bit of a grand (bad word choice, sorry) feeling. Plus, Kira's arcs are quite emotional ones (or so the file names look like it, since I was told there is no gore / edgey mystery suspense in these arcs) (minus Batsukoishi-hen which is the humor chapter) that contained aspects that weren't really included in Ni / Kai, since the only emotion portrayed by the characters would only contribute to the motive or the guilt after the murders (and R07 did state when Ni was released, "this is not a love story", so maybe we'll see some of that in Kira too!)

the second half of the songs sounds like the first opening in the anime....uhmm..for some reason i think its not the kira opening lol i could be wrong though
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 15:44   Link #63
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
the second half of the songs sounds like the first opening in the anime....uhmm..for some reason i think its not the kira opening lol i could be wrong though
Agh, sorry my mistake I didn't mean to say OP. And it's basically an orchestral version of Ni's opening. Kira's real OP will probably have Eiko Shimamiya singing again (or maybe Niira Etsuko, unless COSMIC COMIC, RIFF RAFF and/or ALTERNAIT use her again for a Kira MAD motion graphic). May be old news but I hope Shimamiya's thyroid cancer isn't taking a huge toll on her.

I'm not sure why NJP's orchestral version of Ni was released first, it seems a little too early for it to have any relevance to Kira, since it's neither OP nor ED. They could have done this any time without referring to Kira at all.

Also, since many Japanese sites / forums or blogs have very little information on Kira besides the very basics and what will be in the DVD / Blu-ray package, it might be better to not constantly look around and assume anymore until something official is announced, there's already too many rumors as of now.
Old 2011-04-12, 19:45   Link #64
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Ugh, okay sorry for the double post. But.

I emailed the person who announced all the info about the music composition, cameo appearances, etc.

I knew that another Kira video similar to it was posted on April Fools' Day, but I was hoping he/she at least kept to her/his word saying that the information wasn't a prank, since so many of those were floating around, and the wiki pages got so messed up because of the rumors. The OST video wasn't posted on April Fools'...

-Yes, the cameo appearances are completely fake.

- That OST I just posted to you guys? Fake. It's not part of Kira. It wasn't composed by the New Japan Philharmonic. It was just an (unrecognized? I've never heard of it till now) instrumental remix done by someone else that the video owner just happened to find.

-The side characters, i.e. Takano, Akasaka, Ooishi, etc. appearing in Kira was also made up. No "official" info as to whether they really will get screentime or not, but it's likely.

-Kawai Kenji and Nobuo Uematsu will not be composing for Kira.

So basically, the only things confirmed are the main characters appearing. No wonder I found no evidence anywhere else ==; -facepalm-

Last edited by Kantoku; 2011-04-12 at 20:05.
Old 2011-04-12, 20:50   Link #65
fuff

Quote:

hahah i see i was right about that person making it up lol and u got mad at me for it LOL its okay though

ya its too early for any new kira info to come yet because its due in july and its only april....i just hope amiami will have the dvds on sale
Old 2011-04-12, 23:11   Link #66
Oblivion

Quote:
Ugh, okay sorry for the double post. But.

I emailed the person who announced all the info about the music composition, cameo appearances, etc.

I knew that another Kira video similar to it was posted on April Fools' Day, but I was hoping he/she at least kept to her/his word saying that the information wasn't a prank, since so many of those were floating around, and the wiki pages got so messed up because of the rumors. The OST video wasn't posted on April Fools'...

-Yes, the cameo appearances are completely fake.

- That OST I just posted to you guys? Fake. It's not part of Kira. It wasn't composed by the New Japan Philharmonic. It was just an (unrecognized? I've never heard of it till now) instrumental remix done by someone else that the video owner just happened to find.

-The side characters, i.e. Takano, Akasaka, Ooishi, etc. appearing in Kira was also made up. No "official" info as to whether they really will get screentime or not, but it's likely.

-Kawai Kenji and Nobuo Uematsu will not be composing for Kira.

So basically, the only things confirmed are the main characters appearing. No wonder I found no evidence anywhere else ==; -facepalm-
I had a feeling it was a fake. I mean reusing an OP, regardless of whether it's remixed or not doesn't sound right.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 00:26   Link #67
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It still sounded good.
Old 2011-04-13, 15:42   Link #68
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
hahah i see i was right about that person making it up lol and u got mad at me for it LOL its okay though

ya its too early for any new kira info to come yet because its due in july and its only april....i just hope amiami will have the dvds on sale
Sorry "OTL ><;

But yea the orchestral remix still sounds neat. On a somewhat irrelevant, someone did an orchestral "grand finale" remix of Dear You that sounds really nice too.

Looks like it'll be a long wait till we see any teaser of Kira, since 07th probably won't be "leaking" anything more than a trailer.

On a 3rd note, 07th got themselves a Twitter!
Old 2011-04-13, 16:30   Link #69
fuff

Quote:
Sorry "OTL ><;

But yea the orchestral remix still sounds neat. On a somewhat irrelevant, someone did an orchestral "grand finale" remix of Dear You that sounds really nice too.

Looks like it'll be a long wait till we see any teaser of Kira, since 07th probably won't be "leaking" anything more than a trailer.

On a 3rd note, 07th got themselves a Twitter!

ah its okay ^_^ mistakes happen lol

awesome! too bad the twitter will be in jap i wont be able to read it lol
Old 2011-04-14, 10:53   Link #70
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
A new update on Kira's website.

OP song: Happy! Lucky! Dochy!
Performance: Rika's, Satoko's and Hanyuu's seiyuu.

ED song: Zendaimimon Miracle Change (前代未聞☆ミラクルチェンジ)
Each episode will get a seperated version.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 11:05   Link #71
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Awww... so no more Shimamiya Eiko? I enjoyed her songs... oh well I hope Happy! Lucky! Dochy! will be good (though judging from the title and who's singing, it probably won't seem like a very "Higurashi-esque" opening).

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 12:01   Link #72
Joly
モエカステル

Seems like the entire OVA will be rather lighthearted judging by the names of those songs.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 14:45   Link #73
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post

Finally official information. I hope this is confirmed.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 16:07   Link #74
fuff

Quote:

thanks for the info!
Old 2011-04-16, 17:26   Link #75
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

Quote:

The OP sounds...interesting (?) I guess it'll be a completely different tune, than the last three OPs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
Seems like the entire OVA will be rather lighthearted judging by the names of those songs.
Ah, ah, ah, don't be quick to judge on just the song titles alone.
Higurashi has surprised fans again and again, straying away from what they expected. Just look at the DVD boxsets for the first season. They're plastered in fanservice pictures, making Higurashi seem like an extremely lighthearted harem anime about little girls at a maid cafe.

I'm excited for more information, and better yet, Kira itself!
Just gotta make it up until July...
CrimsonSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 18:59   Link #76
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSunshine View Post
Higurashi has surprised fans again and again, straying away from what they expected. Just look at the DVD boxsets for the first season. They're plastered in fanservice pictures, making Higurashi seem like an extremely lighthearted harem anime about little girls at a maid cafe.
I am completely aware of that and that's what I thought at first that maybe the official illustrations we're seeing are just there to throw us off. But those song titles really do feel like it's going towards a more lighthearted direction to me. The themes of the questions arcs, Kai, and Rei (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Naraku no Hana, Superscription of data, etc.) were darker and matched with the horror, mystery atmosphere and I'm just not getting that feeling with these.

There is nothing wrong with it being some lighthearted arcs (if that's what they turn out to be. We already know one of them is a fanservicey arc), but this is the impression I currently have. We shall see when the episodes come out. I'm just really happy we're getting more Higurashi.

EDIT:

Also, can't really read much of this. But the official site was updated. Are they doing a live broadcast re-running the previous episodes on the 30th on NicoNico?

Last edited by Joly; 2011-04-18 at 09:23.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 17:37   Link #77
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
Also, can't really read much of this. But the official site was updated. Are they doing a live broadcast re-running the previous episodes on the 30th on NicoNico?
Just saw that as well, it looks like they set up 2 channels.

I wonder why, though. Maybe 07th is getting the impression that it's been too long, especially with the Umineko Chiru hype, for many people to remember the plots of Higurashi anymore?

I can't exactly understand what the text inside the black box says, besides that you can only watch the broadcasts if you pay for it as a premium member..I think? And that you can watch it on your cellphone. I think right below the line is the countdown to the broadcast.

Someone correct me / add if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Kantoku; 2011-04-18 at 22:53.
Old 2011-04-18, 21:37   Link #78
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
They will broadcast for FREE in two days, and only season one (all 26 episodes). From 19:00 to 1:00 (GMT+9).

In April 29th, they will broadcast Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen and Tatarigoroshi-hen (13 episodes in total).
In April 30th, it's Himatsubushi-hen, Meakashi-hen and Tsumihoroboshi-hen (13 episodes in total).

Edit:
If you have Niconico's premium membership, you can make the time-shift.
Free members have to wait.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)

Last edited by WarriorKK; 2011-04-19 at 00:57.
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 17:15   Link #79
Hanyuuhau

Yes, this is so exciting. More higurashi is always a good thing.
Hanyuuhau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 10:41   Link #80
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yay! i'm veru urged o see something good or at least something nostalgic so i'm hoping for this new ova series from Higurashi, seeing the girls will be nice but i'm also hoping to see Keiichi, Oiishi and Akasaka, as well as the rest of the cast, even if they don't play a horror story i still be interested to see what new directions the cast can take, it canbe a lot of things, comedy, sports, solving misteries, the aformentioned club activities, Hinamizawa and Okinomiya have are places with lot of potentiall to tel different stories, let's wait for what the witers have prepared for us!

....i just hope that, for once, Satoko didn't end up receiving a beating again(seriously, the poor girl can't take a break, even in the comedy arcs xDU).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote