AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-01-11, 23:15   Link #5861
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

A good suggestion tsunade; it certainly would help in showing some magic in the story that's focused on the events before July.

Still need to think of what his abilities would be...

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 00:04   Link #5862
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Let's see, it would be difficult to think up powers for one aligned to Michael after the representative of the Archangel on Earth (Fiamma of the Right).

Hmmm, know what, gonna do some more research before coming back to you, specifically gonna look into Zoroastrism.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 00:08   Link #5863
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Oh, this should be good.

Coming from you Allfictions, I have no doubts that what I get will be truly amazing.

I most certainly look forward to what you come up with...while doing some research myself.

Also, once I get a few things squared away, I'll try to get around to explaining Jacob Priar (Threefold Truth guy I mentioned way back when) and his abilities. As it stands, I'm making some headway on that, but I still have things to sort out before I feel comfortable posting it on here.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-01-12, 01:27   Link #5864
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Actually you have 2 characters with the power of Michael, Fiammia and the Queen of England(Curtana). I think it would be nice to have him act as someone who is compatible with containing Michael, much like Sasha did with Gabriel.

The abilities of magic doesn't necessarily have to relate with Michael's abilities as an angel but someone aligned to him would probably be based around fire magic as the telesma he has would be for fire.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 01:59   Link #5865
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Actually you have 2 characters with the power of Michael, Fiammia and the Queen of England(Curtana). I think it would be nice to have him act as someone who is compatible with containing Michael, much like Sasha did with Gabriel.
Hmm, that is a possibility; but wouldn't the circumstances needed for him to contain Michael need to be something that is akin to Angle Fall? I'm still confused about how Gabriel came to surface, but I can't deny that the idea itself is something interesting to mull about.

Quote:
The abilities of magic doesn't necessarily have to relate with Michael's abilities as an angel but someone aligned to him would probably be based around fire magic as the telesma he has would be for fire.
Hmm, again, an interesting think to mull about. I don't want to make another Fiamma or anything, and if he's anything I'd want to do something different, more unique, than just generic fire spells and basically ripping off Fiamma or Stiyl's fire-based abilities.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-01-12, 02:06   Link #5866
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Hmm, that is a possibility; but wouldn't the circumstances needed for him to contain Michael need to be something that is akin to Angle Fall? I'm still confused about how Gabriel came to surface, but I can't deny that the idea itself is something interesting to mull about.

Hmm, again, an interesting think to mull about. I don't want to make another Fiamma or anything, and if he's anything I'd want to do something different, more unique, than just generic fire spells and basically ripping off Fiamma or Stiyl's fire-based abilities.
I'm pretty sure there's a lot of interesting scientific aspects of fire magic Kamachi hasn't used yet so you could try that. I, myself, am pretty bad at physics so I can't help you there with what the aspects are.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 02:12   Link #5867
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Perhaps there are some myths lingering around that I could use as a base for the type of fire magic he uses. Who knows, all I know is that I better start looking.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-01-12, 04:59   Link #5868
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Oh jesus.

I just realized something....

You know how I said Ichiryū Ouji's name stands for 'Prince of the First Rank', well...one must refer back to one specific thing about angels that needs to be acknowledged.

Lucifer was an angel too and it can be speculated that, before his fall, he stood above Michael in terms of authority. So, while most people would associate his name as a reference to Michael, Ouji isn't actually associated to the archangel at all. While Lucifer may not have ever been referred to as 'Prince of the First Rank' the fact that he was an archangel himself and even stood above Michael, can very well be traced back to him since he's still in the same bracket as Michael...even if the latter did beat him after he had fallen from Heaven.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-01-12, 05:09   Link #5869
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not sure, but being born under the right signs could work. One can be born as a Saint, a human, or something else entirely right? At the very least, Kamachi hasn't denied existences outside of what he's already introduced.

As for something similar to angel fall happening, it's normal to call the power of an angel down from the heavens as their spells call forth the required telesma. Think back to Index' magic lesson with Komoe with the healing magic. Four directions, four directions, four guardian angels, four elements. The temple is the circle. A plausibility is a spell that requires Michael's intervention, a mass of telesma programmed as God's greatest warrior being called to this Earth for a specific task. Not sure what kind of spell would need that, maybe a devil slaying spell or something. And instead of the temple or focal point of the spell being a circle, it was this character that was used, thereby forcing Michael to descend unto him.

Also, how about magic that forces things to go out of control? XD

Well AF will have better ideas but I just thought this would be funny.

EDIT: Dammit ferret, now you make me want to make you write a certain arc. =))
Old 2014-01-12, 05:27   Link #5870
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Teehee, sorry.

I think your misunderstanding what I meant by that last bit I wrote there. Though, to be fair, I'm not certain that my idea bares any grounds at all and may just be a load of crack entirely.

What I wonder is if someone's powers could be aligned with 'the morning star; Lucifer' just as Fiamma is aligned to Michael. Again, I'm not sure if this would work, but if so...(shudder) I have more than enough ammo to use for the guy.

But, again, I'm not sure if something like that can or will work. I'm not sure how the alignment system works, so I can't really say if it would, thus this is all just speculation and mainly a thought I'm toying with at the moment.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-01-12, 05:38   Link #5871
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I do believe that it's not as intricate as one would think. Fiammia is only special compared to the others because he was born with the alignment. The others, like Vento, Terra and Aqua still required adjustments as far as my knowledge extends. It hasn't been explained but those of the right seat undergo a process that changes their body, specializing their magic right?

It wasn't explained either whether Fiammia was born under specific circumstances to give him this special constitution. All that was said was that he was born with the likeness of god.

One of the great things about indexverse is that everything is so fleshed out, but at the same time it leaves much to your imagination. Try giving out your idea.
Old 2014-01-12, 05:53   Link #5872
tsunade666

You do know that Lucifer is some big shot right?

If your planning to align this bad guy of yours to him. That will make him some major villain or at least someone that can curbstomp anyone in academy city (Minus Aleister and Frau) because he will SURELY ended up BROKEN or OP.

Anyone link to Lucifer should be some big shot.

That will be some major planning >_> Your Touma isn't up to that task yet.
Old 2014-01-12, 05:59   Link #5873
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Alright, here's the idea. And just so we're straight, I really liked you idea and I can probably use it too if I end up scrapping this idea.

Starting off, 'Prince of the First Rank', while can be linked back to Michael, isn't actually the truth. It can also be linked to Lucifer, as he stood above all of the other angels including Michael.

Now, playing off that, what I'm thinking about is that Ichiryu Ouji is actually aligned with Lucifer, giving him great power since he stood above all except god prior to his fall. After a bit of reading, though the sources are questionable, the only reason Michael is able to best Lucifer is because of God providing him the means to do so; basically His blessings allowed him the means to defeat the fallen angel.

Look at Fiamma's Holy Right; there are signs of this in his abilities.

Quote:
The Holy Right is as strong as it needs to be. Its strength depends on Fiamma’s needs and the enemy that stands before him — ergo, the Holy Right simply defeats whatever it targets with the precise amount of force needed, no more no less
That in itself is similar to the case with Michael in his victory over Lucifer; because the Lord gave him the power necessary to emerge victorious while Lucifer was cast out and didn't have His blessings anymore.

So, where am I going with this? I myself am not entirely sure yet since this is still all just a giant thought with no real basis yet. But basically, if its not too unreasonable, someone who possess power that stands just below Fiamma, but higher than the rest of God's Right Seat.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-01-12, 07:17   Link #5874
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

I have plans to align Lucifer to somebody in my fanfiction though. Basically if you read it then it would be obvious.

This idea of how its going to happen probably doesn't work, but it's doable in some sense and I went with it. But it's not really align but more then overlapping. Basically I took the idea that the realm of angels if full and that achieving level 6 forces you into that realm. So any attempt in doing so would horribly overlap a level 6 with an existing angel. Lucifer while a fallen one would also count into that category.

Same goes with other angels, but then I'm missing out on a certain detail. There are four angels right in this universe? Or are their more?
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 08:37   Link #5875
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
Same goes with other angels, but then I'm missing out on a certain detail. There are four angels right in this universe? Or are their more?
ugh, I'm on my phone right now so I can't really answer a lot of things I want to, but I will just go with this one for now. There are 4 Archangels, specifically the 3 considered the only Angels actually named in the Bible, plus Uriel who is added by Tradition. Yes there are more Angels, in simply nameless and nothing to distinguish from one another.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-01-12, 15:14   Link #5876
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

I understand them now. As I said above, the concept in my fanfiction when one shifts into level six. It overlaps both the esper and one of the angels. So their personality and behaviour is corrupted or destroyed in the process.

I do have a plan if push comes to shove which angel would be overlapping with which level five.

Fallen Archangel Lucifer - Number 6 level five.
Archangel Micheal - Accelerator
Archangel Uriel - Shokuhou Misaki
Archangel Raphael - Mikoto Misaka
Archangel Gabriel - Sogiita Gunha

I have given this thought, Number 6, accel, Misaki, Mikoto and even Gunha has good reasons for my fanfiction to be paired with those angels.

Last edited by Loremaster; 2014-01-12 at 15:56.
Old 2014-01-12, 20:55   Link #5877
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Okay, so I got bored, and like everyone who's bored with internet access; I went random net surfing. During that time, I came across this:

Now I don't know how to alter kanji to make someone's name mean 'the great prince who protects your people' but I was able to work with 'prince of the first rank' and what I got was Ichiryū ōji.

So, having said all that, I now have the full intention of making a character with that name and be an antagonist at some point in my Darkness Project. The question I have is what kind of power should they have and if they should be magic-side or science side. I'm honestly leaning more towards magic, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of making him a science side antagonist.

Thoughts on this anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Let's see, it would be difficult to think up powers for one aligned to Michael after the representative of the Archangel on Earth (Fiamma of the Right).

Hmmm, know what, gonna do some more research before coming back to you, specifically gonna look into Zoroastrianism.
Okay, so I came back to properly give my two cents.

First, let me explain why I chose to talk about Zoroastrianism, which, when thinking back on it, seemed like it came out of nowhere.
Spoiler for Long story not short:

Why all this infodump? To explain what I came up with:
Spoiler for Profile? written on ToAru wikia as a basis:
Old 2014-01-13, 11:11   Link #5878
demino_hellsin
That one guy

hmmm I would like to make some suggestions.

-fire magic: if my research is correct, atar means fire in zoroastrianism. but I found that atar in another language also means essential oils of plants. I think it would be an interesting medium for fire magic to burn through these oils as they exhibit high volatility, though combustibility I'm not too sure on. these oils can be kept in little bottles or some other :3
it's probably cliche but I think each flame should have its own property.
1. fire that spreads but can be quenched. normal fire. however this is a flame that can be ignited at any time with the lowest need for telesma. this could be Ichiryu's "jab".
2. fire that spreads and cannot be quenched. a fire that seeks and destroys. I imagine something like mixing the hair or sweat or some bodily part of the target with the oil that will be the medium of this flame. it then proceeds to hunt down the target until it's burnt to a crisp.
3. a fire that does not spread but cannot be quenched. odd in the way that the fire does not burn at all but instead pummels solid objects as if the tongues of flame were jets of shrapnel.
4. a fire that can be quenched and does not spread. as much as it is lightning, I think this refers to a beam. maybe sunlight. the oils emit instantaneous light, igniting as if they were molten flecks of the sun, releasing massive solar radiation in split seconds.
5. fire of the most holy that stands before the god. I think the sentiment is well captured that the ability lets one steal the person's essence. not so much as to take their soul but to take what makes them, "them". I imagine this ability able to reverse from the flame being turned into oil.

-the idea of the living spirit inspires me with the whole kagebunshin deal. using sunlight as a medium, he can summon a separate image that shares his consciousness and mind but is completely independent. By placing magic in the image, it becomes solid and interacts with the environment as someone of his body size would. However, the image is still only an image. an imitation cannot be the truth. The image dissolves the moment someone touches it, dispelling the illusion.

-this ability reminds me of GARO for some reason. the mage produces a special type of flame. the flame has two functions. first, the shadow cast by someone with these flames will have their true form exposed. their nature becomes an image their shadow portrays, allowing their personality and their ability to be discerned. the second function is by reflecting its light off a person's eyes, the mage can see into memories and thoughts, the innerworkings of the person's mind showing like a film over their eyes.

the last ability I don't really have much to say on it other than it sounds pretty risky.
Old 2014-01-13, 19:51   Link #5879
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Chapter 3 of a certain hidden level five.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9986081...Fated-Memories
Old 2014-01-18, 21:07   Link #5880
Ilidsor
Angelerator

And my newest chapter of Touma's Busy Day is out

It feels a bit too uneventful for the first chapter after such a long wait, but I didn't want to mess with my story-board.

Also since no one else has mentioned it a new Twist of Fate is has been up for 2 days now.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction