AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-07-18, 14:36   Link #1
FFTHEWINNER

Smile FINALLY finished my dream gaming room setup! :)

First of all,i am new on this board,so i apologize if you guys dont enjoy topics like these. however,i thought it a cool topic to start with as i have been wanting it for years and finished it relatively recently

for months i have been custom making the boxes and painting them and getting the rest from various sources.within 48 hours,i literally worked for over 25 hours on installing them and organizing every gaming item i have on them until they look perfect and are easily accessible whenever i want them. here is the final setup:

first of all,the inspiration for my work was this picture:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wILc6gBgVVo/maxresdefault.jpg
i like it and wanted to utilize it as the basis of my work while at the same time improving on it,so i made my design 30 boxes(6 boxes by 5),split into two pieces for ease of transfer, instead of 24 boxes in one piece. i made a vertical row wider than the rest,for xbox and whatnot,and i made a horizontal raw higher than the rest,for wii and whatnot(although the Carpenter messed up and only made a half raw higher and the other half the same height.oh well). i also made two big circular holes in the back for wires and air. other than that it is pretty similar.

i organized all the consoles i have here in Syria in it(i also have a Saturn and NES in America) in vertical rows according to manufacturer. from left to right Nintendo then Sega Then MS and Atari(with a 3do in the middle) then Sony . then in the last two rows i put my wrestling DVDs,a few of my displaced books that didnt fit in my library,and my 2 3TB HDDs . also,My MSX and Commodore 64 were wider than any row,so i just put them on top lol.i also intend to put a 24inch tv with S-video support alongside the LCD and connect all the retro stuff to it,but the one i got is blurry for some reason.will try to get it fixed soon. i also intend to get a 42inch HDTV instead of my current 27inch one

then i added a new closet with 5 rows and a keeping space. here is what i filled the rows with:

-lowest one is used to store all my copied games for all my consoles. majority are 360 and PS2 games

-the two rows above it,i put in the back duplicate consoles i had,and above them all the extra cables and what not that i am unlikely to need. in the front i put my original games for the majority of my consoles

-the row above them i made a "Showcase"raw,for the most rare and valuable gaming items that i as a collector am proud to own and was quite happy to get(for extremely cheap!)were placed there.also,the front of the row hosts all my handhelds

-the top row has my original xbox collection(My largest collection by far!) in the back,and many small cartridges in the front. that way i can see the xbox games,identify them,and get them without having to remove the games in front .

on top i have my CIB MSX, my two CIB xbox steering wheels,and my xbox/360/ps3 holding bags on them. in the keeping space i have a ton of controllers,many fake genesis cartridges from my childhood,my old portable dvd player,and some "etc"gaming items.

Hope to add an arcade with MAME in the future,and more of everything(you know,our collectors urges never stop . but that is for later.i am quite happy and wanted to share this happiness with you guys . any comments/advices/questions welcome

http://imgur.com/a/6TIxm
FFTHEWINNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 15:41   Link #2
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Beautiful! Good stuff bro
Old 2016-07-18, 15:55   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Cool display, be mindful of dust! How do you keep track of your games in the lowest row?
I hope you have a lot of friends to play with, games are always more fun with 4 players...except NBA, teamwork is too hard on that one.

P.S: Someone really likes wrestling
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 16:24   Link #4
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Smexy. I can barely keep my desk clean

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 10:00   Link #5
FFTHEWINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Beautiful! Good stuff bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Smexy. I can barely keep my desk clean
thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Cool display, be mindful of dust! How do you keep track of your games in the lowest row?
I hope you have a lot of friends to play with, games are always more fun with 4 players...except NBA, teamwork is too hard on that one.

P.S: Someone really likes wrestling
in the lowest row,each group of stacks is for a different console. when i want to play said console i pull the stack and look at the games and decide that way.

i am actually a single player kind of guy,since i care about story the most

and most definitely! i intend to become a wrestler after i finish pharmacy college in fact . also,behind the official wrestling dvds you see are stacks and stacks of copied ppvs and shows
Old 2016-07-19, 10:25   Link #6
Psyco Diver

Ah reminds me of me when I was young, single, and had no kids, unfortunately I got older, got married, and had a kid. Now my gaming rig is 8 years old (was pretty high end then so it still does ok) but it's not like I have time for that anymore. Enjoy it while it lasts lol
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 12:58   Link #7
FFTHEWINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Ah reminds me of me when I was young, single, and had no kids, unfortunately I got older, got married, and had a kid. Now my gaming rig is 8 years old (was pretty high end then so it still does ok) but it's not like I have time for that anymore. Enjoy it while it lasts lol
trust me,on of my main things that will be clear to my"future wfe"will be that she has to always stfu about my hobbies. other wise no deal no matter what
Old 2016-07-20, 16:02   Link #8
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTHEWINNER View Post
trust me,on of my main things that will be clear to my"future wfe"will be that she has to always stfu about my hobbies. other wise no deal no matter what
Lmao let me know how that goes, I still have my car at least (1972 Oldsmobile 442 for those curious) it's not like most woman will make you give up your hobby, they will just spent so much of your money on throw pillows and picture frames you just won't have anything left. Of course when a kid comes that's different because you want them to have everything which is cool because my son loves cars
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 09:04   Link #9
FFTHEWINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Lmao let me know how that goes, I still have my car at least (1972 Oldsmobile 442 for those curious) it's not like most woman will make you give up your hobby, they will just spent so much of your money on throw pillows and picture frames you just won't have anything left. Of course when a kid comes that's different because you want them to have everything which is cool because my son loves cars
well,this is a matter of different cultures. in my culture,the man is responsible for money decisions and the woman has to take his ok first if she wants to buy something expensive,so such a situation wont arise.

still,will let you know how it goes whenever it happens lol
Old 2016-07-22, 08:27   Link #10
Jinjer

you could totally do this into a job, i think...

"mancave designer", or something like that
Jinjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 14:11   Link #11
Zoel

Although my setup isn't like yours. I basically made my setup for playing Shmup games. I got even the monitor rotated just for shmups.

And I got custom made wireless controllers to solve my wire issue with retro systems. Because I hate wires, period.

Old 2016-07-23, 08:17   Link #12
FFTHEWINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjer View Post
you could totally do this into a job, i think...

"mancave designer", or something like that
this is actually the highest praise i ever got for it lol.thanks very much

however,considering how dead tired i was at the end,and that i am a pharmacy student,i dont think i will turn it into a job lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoel View Post
Although my setup isn't like yours. I basically made my setup for playing Shmup games. I got even the monitor rotated just for shmups.

And I got custom made wireless controllers to solve my wire issue with retro systems. Because I hate wires, period.

quite a nice setup!congrats

how do you play your other games with the screen like that though
Old 2016-07-26, 10:02   Link #13
FFTHEWINNER

also,a few things i obtained since those pictures,and how i obtained them:

"for the equivalent of 39$ (38$ and 70cents to be exact lol) i got:

Super Smash Brothers Melee(Black Label,CIB)
Super Mario Sunshine(Player's choice)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles(CIB)
Zelda:Skyward Sword(CIB and included the music CD
Shadow of Memories(PS2,known in america as shadow of destiny)

and the one that i am the happiest and most excited about getting:

Fire Emblem:Path Of Radiance!!!

i had known that he had Fire Emblem since my last visit,but he refused to sell it back then. went to him again today and he said that he now agrees to selling the games i asked about last time(dont ask me why he didnt agree to sell it when i originally asked. no clue lol)so i checked what he had and chose it alongside SMS,SSBM,FFCC and SOM. he then asked me if i was interested in "games for the nintedo". i was like"you mean the NES?" he was like"No,the wii"and pointed towards a bunch of garbage wii games,so i was like"nah". he then said"zelda?"and pointed towards Skyward sword,which was in a completely different location and quite hidden. i was like"yup!" XD

FE,FF:CC and SOM didnt have manuals. also,being the a****** he is,he actually refuses to give me the boxes! not the game covers,the f***ing boxes lol. after my insistence i got the Zelda box and the FE box. will be buying some GC Madden games when i go to america and using those boxes for the rest of the games lol. i have put them in generic boxes for now

i am quite happy with this! especially with Fire Emblem as it alone is worth over 100$! and as always i wanted to share my happiness with you guys!

as a funny sidestory,i also got 5 copied nes games from some seller. got all 5 for 65 cents,and the covers are pretty funny(the"Duck tales"one is a normal cartoon duck superimposed on a lake background lol ). this is actually the first time i ever saw copied NES carts. i saw tons of fake famicom stuff,but not fake nes stuff. i never even saw an nes here in my life lol. only famiclones XD

image:
http://imgur.com/oCL7tWy "

and:
"For the equivalent of 30$,i got:

Majora's Mask(need to buy an expansion pack. seller told me he'd see if he had one and sell it to me if he has it)
Mario Party 3 (the one i was most ecstatic about,especially considering how expensive and uncommon it is
Mario Party 1 (European version,so unfortunately i cant play it >_>)
Pokemon Stadium(with an empty"this gamepack belongs to"sticker on it lol)
Pokemon Puzzle League(which had a block buster sticker on its back with a date of 01/29/01. the sticker was half the reason i bought it XD)

in addition,got an original N64 controller(See-through,with a great analog stick)for 4$

Truly quite glad with the deal,especially with the Mario parties . might be able to get some more great deals from this guy. we will see.(He is an a****** through and through,but i am handling it just so i get the great deals he is offering without knowing)"

Tags
console collection, dream setup, games, gaming room, gaming setup