AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-13, 18:43   Link #1
Sweets Yumi
Queen Marimite ~♥~

DVD Question

I need to know the differences between the 2 DVD types out for Marimite.

I have money to buy some, but don't know what differences there are between the two styles.

The normal edition and the Laser boxed edition. The prices are great between the two. So I assume the Laser box must come with lots of extras???

Prices:
DVD box 1 2,100 YEN
Laser box 1 9,240 YEN The Laser box volume 1 is especially shocking!

DVD box 2+ 5,775 YEN
Laser box 2+ 8,190 YEN
Old 2004-06-13, 19:51   Link #2
LynnieS

If by "DVD box 1", you mean the one that retails for 2000 yen on CDJapan, it only has the first episode. The regular box that retails for 8800 yen has the first 3 episodes.
Old 2004-06-13, 20:36   Link #3
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Other differences:
- The first volume of Collector Edition ("Laser Box") includes a free marimite ads poster.
- When it is opened, the centerfold of Collector Edition illusterates a big picture of a Marimite character. First volume is Yumi and the second volume is Sachiko.
- Collector Edition is always guaranteed to have Maria-sama niwa Naisho, while only first press edition of normal edition has it. (Note that I haven't found a normal edition which doesn't have Maria-sama niwa Naisho)

I recommend you to buy the normal edition. The Collector Edition is a bit overpriced. The extras do not justify its significantly higher price.

Last edited by SleeplessHeart; 2004-06-13 at 20:55.
Old 2004-06-15, 18:22   Link #4
lordwu

I would recommend buying regular edition as well if you can secure a copy of first press edition. The centerfolds are nice but it really doesn't justify the additional cost. In fact, I found the "photo shots" on DVD jackets quite good and might double dip the regular editions later on.
Closed Thread