*Author

Spoiler for 291:
Old 2012-07-12, 17:29   Link #9044
Bern-san

Spoiler for new chap:
Old 2012-07-12, 17:49   Link #9045
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Woah and here I thought there will be no more chapter of Fairy Tail getting utterly destroyed Of course I also thought that Lucy will redeem herself...but this thing happened

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 17:53   Link #9046
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I know this won't happen in a million years...but for me it would be awesome if next chapter people in the crowed noticed that it started getting really hot in the arena and even the water started to increase in temperature. Cue an image of Natsu more pissed than ever before and everyone seeing that the increase in heat was coming from him. Then they announce the first match and it turns out to be Natsu vs Sting...sadly for Sting, Natsu destroys him mid rant on how Sabertooth is awesome.

And I'll be honest with you all, I don't want a big epic dragonslayer battle between Sting and Natsu. I don't want a typical shounen rival battle where Natsu attacks Sting and looks strong, but then Sting reveals that he is much stronger and gives Natsu a beating but ultimately Natsu uses nakama power to beat him. I don't want Sting and Natsu to be anywhere near the same level.
I want an one-sided beatdown, I want Natsu to say nothing and obliterate Sting and be vicious about it...I want Natsu to go primal rage on Sting's ass and need to be restrained from killing Sting after dishing out a beating so brutal that what Minerva did to Lucy will look like a pillow fight. A beatdown so ugly that the arena needs to be fixed afterward and Natsu is the first to get disqualified for excessive violence in the history of the tournament. One so gruesome that Wendy can't look anymore, Gray and Erza worry about Natsu's mental state and Sabertooth question if continuing the tournament is the right choice.

I know it won't happen...I know the battle will follow the typical shounen rival battle format and will have an exciting ending with each using their strongest power but Natsu winning. But goddamn if watching Natsu go full on berserk overkill on Sting wouldn't be satisfying as hell.

As for anyone fighting Minerva...I actually want to see Lucy do it, she has taken enough shit this arc already and needs epic redemption. I would love it if at one point int he fight Lucy looks like she'll lose only to have all her spirits pop out all pissed off and blast the bitch to hell where she belongs.
If not my second pick would be Mira...yup Mira. Why? Well Erza's epic battle should come in the form of Kagura and truth be told Mira is strong but doesn't get the recognition she deserves...and I want to see her new Demon Soul in full action.

This chapter did well in pushing my buttons, even knowing that it was coming from early spoilers. It's funny, I'm not a big Lucy fan, yea I like her but it never really went further than that...but I too think Mashima has been going overboard with Lucy being the ragdoll of the arc. Yes, we know she'll have some big epic moment of awesome later on but it doesn't change the fact that she's been shafted for the entire arc. Same with Juvia...we haven't seen much of her this arc but what we have seen she's always on the losing end...but at least she had a cool moment where she matched Aquarius and took out three other competitors...AND didn't get a beating, just a soft push out during a moment of distraction.

Holy Raptor Jesus did this chapter manage to make me rage, good job Mashima.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 18:28   Link #9047
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I know this won't happen in a million years...but for me it would be awesome if next chapter people in the crowed noticed that it started getting really hot in the arena and even the water started to increase in temperature. Cue an image of Natsu more pissed than ever before and everyone seeing that the increase in heat was coming from him. Then they announce the first match and it turns out to be Natsu vs Sting...sadly for Sting, Natsu destroys him mid rant on how Sabertooth is awesome.

And I'll be honest with you all, I don't want a big epic dragonslayer battle between Sting and Natsu. I don't want a typical shounen rival battle where Natsu attacks Sting and looks strong, but then Sting reveals that he is much stronger and gives Natsu a beating but ultimately Natsu uses nakama power to beat him. I don't want Sting and Natsu to be anywhere near the same level.
I want an one-sided beatdown, I want Natsu to say nothing and obliterate Sting and be vicious about it...I want Natsu to go primal rage on Sting's ass and need to be restrained from killing Sting after dishing out a beating so brutal that what Minerva did to Lucy will look like a pillow fight. A beatdown so ugly that the arena needs to be fixed afterward and Natsu is the first to get disqualified for excessive violence in the history of the tournament. One so gruesome that Wendy can't look anymore, Gray and Erza worry about Natsu's mental state and Sabertooth question if continuing the tournament is the right choice.

I know it won't happen...I know the battle will follow the typical shounen rival battle format and will have an exciting ending with each using their strongest power but Natsu winning. But goddamn if watching Natsu go full on berserk overkill on Sting wouldn't be satisfying as hell.

As for anyone fighting Minerva...I actually want to see Lucy do it, she has taken enough shit this arc already and needs epic redemption. I would love it if at one point int he fight Lucy looks like she'll lose only to have all her spirits pop out all pissed off and blast the bitch to hell where she belongs.
If not my second pick would be Mira...yup Mira. Why? Well Erza's epic battle should come in the form of Kagura and truth be told Mira is strong but doesn't get the recognition she deserves...and I want to see her new Demon Soul in full action.

This chapter did well in pushing my buttons, even knowing that it was coming from early spoilers. It's funny, I'm not a big Lucy fan, yea I like her but it never really went further than that...but I too think Mashima has been going overboard with Lucy being the ragdoll of the arc. Yes, we know she'll have some big epic moment of awesome later on but it doesn't change the fact that she's been shafted for the entire arc. Same with Juvia...we haven't seen much of her this arc but what we have seen she's always on the losing end...but at least she had a cool moment where she matched Aquarius and took out three other competitors...AND didn't get a beating, just a soft push out during a moment of distraction.

Holy Raptor Jesus did this chapter manage to make me rage, good job Mashima.
i agree with everything you have sated here. Oh My God, I have never ever be so in rage in a manga ever! the beating was just all kinds of wrong. if the crowd has no problem with what just happen, i will be beyond raged.

i want lucy to be the one to take Minerva out in the ultimate payback is a ***** moment. but you are right, i see more than likely mira or juliva ( she had a front row seat to the beating)who will be the one to take her out. it would be cool if wendy, cana or levy be the ones to do it. my wish is still lucy. the wait for the next chapter will be agony.

P.S. love the fanservice expect for Minerva who is on my **** list
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 18:31   Link #9048
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
it would be cool if wendy, cana or levy be the ones to do it.
The only problem with these three is that Wendy and Levy aren't strong enough and Cana is shit without Fairy Glitter.
Old 2012-07-12, 18:43   Link #9049
Qilin
Romanticist

Oh my. This chapter was quite brutal.

I was getting tired of Fairy Tail hogging all the glory, but this was a bit... too much, I'd say?

Well, cheers to Sabertooth for finally finding their stride, I guess.
Old 2012-07-12, 19:01   Link #9050
Aesthetic Shampoo

The referees say stop, that means Minerva is disqualified, you useless people who can't do their job properly!
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 19:16   Link #9051
ImperialFlameGod8190

unfortunately as much as i hate to say it i'd say minerva's real reason for pummeling lucy was actually because of Natsu's attack against Sabertooth. After all like father like son (or in this case daughter) This is the first time since the attack that sabertooth has been able to directly attack FT. Not to mention the fact that FT just dominated the last game. Also i think part of it has to do with minerva's magic. After all for the first decent bit it seemed like Minerva had good intentions and then all of the sudden she goes 100% bad
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 19:34   Link #9052
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
When I saw that sphere of water in the middle of the coliseum, it immediately reminded me of Blitzball. e_e
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 19:47   Link #9053
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
unfortunately as much as i hate to say it i'd say minerva's real reason for pummeling lucy was actually because of Natsu's attack against Sabertooth. After all like father like son (or in this case daughter) This is the first time since the attack that sabertooth has been able to directly attack FT. Not to mention the fact that FT just dominated the last game. Also i think part of it has to do with minerva's magic. After all for the first decent bit it seemed like Minerva had good intentions and then all of the sudden she goes 100% bad
No, I think she was just pissed at Lucy just being too nice. Clearly Sabretooth was in on it judging by their expressions.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 20:13   Link #9054
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
When I saw that sphere of water in the middle of the coliseum, it immediately reminded me of Blitzball. e_e
lol you beat me to it
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 20:47   Link #9055
ReinhartX

i just hope sting and orga's face get pummeled into oblivion for making those smirking faces at fairy tail lol and especially sting for laughing at the end too.....makes him no different from raven tail
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 21:35   Link #9056
celestialguy

I Haven't raged at a manga for a long time, but thus chapter is an exception. Aquarius should get her priorities straight. If her summoner needs help, help her! I hope she gets yelled/scold/bitchslap at by her boyfriend.
celestialguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 21:40   Link #9057
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Have to agree with most of the sentiments expressed thus far... Seriously, Mashima? Twice now, you've made Lucy the loser ragdoll? You couldn't have at least arranged a tie? Or used someone else? Granted, I was wondering if Lucy would win, given how strong they set Minerva up to be... but easily grabbing Lucy's keys, and then no spirits pop up to help her? She doesn't use her whip? That's what I thought she might do, to keep herself in the sphere. Latch onto Minerva and then not let go. I really, really hope that is Gemini there, but somehow I doubt it.

And Juvia? Come on. I do enjoy her comedic moments, but this was totally not the time for it. Again, she's coming off looking like a dunce, too. At this point, her love crush needs to be dealt with, and she needs to straighten up and be serious. It would have been nice to see her and Lucy team up against Minvera, showcasing how teamwork is better than simple strength.

This chapter just felt really bad. I hope he gives Lucy a major epic battle victory moment, because at this point, her feelings have to be crushed: losing twice now, in a real bad way. Dammit, Mashima, you better have something really big for her, to make this up to me.

As for the next chapter... "I'm only thinking of one" could mean several different things. Natsu thinking of Lucy while attacking Sting, Lucy thinking of someone as she actually does come back from this (it was Gemini all along), or Gray/Juvia finally have their conversation. Those are my guesses.

Edit: And oh yeah, Aquarius... I tolerated her attitude before because she was good and it was funny... but abandoning her master like that? Letting Lucy get the crap beat out of her? What happened to her spirits really loving her?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 21:46   Link #9058
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Another thing I think would be cool for next chapter would be Juvia doing something.

Juvia sees Lucy as a love rival in her own twisted way...but we've seen how much she cares for her as well (Unison Raid would have been impossible otherwise).
Now...we have Bitch Queen Minerva holding up a half-dead Lucy inside a giant ball of water...with Juvia right outside it. It would be cool if Juvia flipped a switch and released pent up crazy yandere rage on Minerva using all that goddamn water.
Sure she would be disqualified but I highly doubt anyone in Fairy Tail wouldn't throw a party in her honor afterward. I miss the insane Juvia we saw against Meredy, she was such a beast.
Old 2012-07-12, 22:18   Link #9059
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Another thing I think would be cool for next chapter would be Juvia doing something.

Juvia sees Lucy as a love rival in her own twisted way...but we've seen how much she cares for her as well (Unison Raid would have been impossible otherwise).
Now...we have Bitch Queen Minerva holding up a half-dead Lucy inside a giant ball of water...with Juvia right outside it. It would be cool if Juvia flipped a switch and released pent up crazy yandere rage on Minerva using all that goddamn water.
Sure she would be disqualified but I highly doubt anyone in Fairy Tail wouldn't throw a party in her honor afterward. I miss the insane Juvia we saw against Meredy, she was such a beast.
ah yes, that would be great if juvia slug her out of anger, god it been hours since i read it and i am still raging.
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 23:06   Link #9060
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Yeah, Minerva and Sabertooth deserve some serious ass whipping for what occurred this chapter. They are just pissed because Fairy Tail is making a big comeback on them.

Next should be the vs rounds, I hope Fairy Tail obliterates them for that.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen