Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-10, 12:48   Link #41
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
It is a Go Nagi show, it is definitely on my watch list. I loved the first episode and especially Yukiko, she was so cute.
Does anyone know if the manga was ever licensed in North America?
For those in the western world, key word here is "Cutie Honey" creator.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 14:45   Link #42
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Early in the episode there was a TV running in the background playing an opening song. It seemed very familiar to me. Anybody know what song that was or what show it was the opening for?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 14:49   Link #43
Blaat

Why is Yuki Onna is these type of Youkai series always so awesome?
Old 2011-04-10, 15:09   Link #44
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Early in the episode there was a TV running in the background playing an opening song. It seemed very familiar to me. Anybody know what song that was or what show it was the opening for?
I think the song that was playing was Furimukanaide. I don't know much about it, other than it seems to be a pretty old Japanese song. Of note, however, that version isn't/doesn't seem to be the same used in the show. But it was all I could find!

EDIT: Apparently there is another track with that name that was in Evangelion? It doesn't really seem to be the same one, though. The one up there is performed by "Honey Knights" (?) while the Evangelion one is supposedly a cover of "Furimukanaide" by "The Peanuts".
Old 2011-04-10, 15:37   Link #45
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
I think the song that was playing was Furimukanaide. I don't know much about it, other than it seems to be a pretty old Japanese song. Of note, however, that version isn't/doesn't seem to be the same used in the show. But it was all I could find!

EDIT: Apparently there is another track with that name that was in Evangelion? It doesn't really seem to be the same one, though. The one up there is performed by "Honey Knights" (?) while the Evangelion one is supposedly a cover of "Furimukanaide" by "The Peanuts".
Thanks, I think I figured it out now that I was confusing it with Scarlet Scarf.

Although now that I think about it, it might have been used in Maison Ikkoku in a similar fashion (ie the TV was playing in the background with this song).

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 16:18   Link #46
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

This is a very fun show. I agree with what someone said earlier about how it has that classic 70s/80s anime feel to it while still being modern and flashy. I did some research and looked at a little bit of the past versions of it, and I can say that this remake does Nagai's original justice in capturing the same kind of overall tone.

And strangely, I really like the OP and ED. I dunno why, lol.
Old 2011-04-11, 10:24   Link #47
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I am so in love with this show already.

<3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 11:16   Link #48
ShiroiRyu

I think the gif of the granny want me to saw this anime ...
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 20:39   Link #49
scr
my sides are in orbit

"I love you more than anything in the world in Hell!"
^ yeah, that line sold me
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 20:47   Link #50
Miraluka
Banned

What the hell, this probably what my not-so-pure mind need, I'll follow this series from now.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 00:40   Link #51
Nayim

Spoiler for About Hammer:
Old 2011-04-13, 10:48   Link #52
Goblinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Spoiler for About Hammer:
Kimura ain't the director. He's the character designer and chief animator.

Yoshitomo Yonetani is the one behind GaoGaiGar and Dororon Enma-kun.
Goblinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 18:54   Link #53
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm late to the game here, but I really loved the first episode. I didn't know much about the property - all it was to me was some kind of first cousin to "GeGeGe no Kitaro". But this is really creative and clever stuff. There's some really edgy comedy that belies the seemingly childish material. I also appreciate the obvious love & care the staff have put into updating the material. It looks fantastic, the music is great, and the timing of the comedy is spot-on.

Brains Base doesn't get the credit they deserve. They do a lot of good stuff, and in a lot of different genres. I agree that this is the second best premiere of the season after Hanasaku Iroha so far.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 22:16   Link #54
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Granny in bathhouse spinning her boobs was scary shit.
Holy fuck. The episode was amazing until I realized this at the very end, I'm so traumatized now.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 08:25   Link #55
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

The official best ero animation this season;
Spoiler for episode 2 - images:
Old 2011-04-15, 18:16   Link #56
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

I love Go Nagai's stuff. Bring on the tentacles. Second episode wasn't nearly as manic as the first, but still enjoyable.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 20:38   Link #57
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
I love Go Nagai's stuff. Bring on the tentacles. Second episode wasn't nearly as manic as the first, but still enjoyable.
o.0. What do you mean it wasn't nearly as manic as the first? It was way more chaotic imho.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 20:56   Link #58
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anyone know if the '73 series had all this stuff - tentacles, "My dick broke off!", etc? Whatever, I'm loving this remake. Some of the best pure insanity since "Hare Guu". Naturally, King Enma had to be played by Norio Wakomoto - it couldn't possibly have been anyone else.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 08:59   Link #59
Kakkou
Tch.

I love how they altered the ED to have Yukiko naked with some snake and tentacle censorship rofl. Wakamoto being in this show and voicing someone was odd as Enma's uncle made this show even better than it already is.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 09:40   Link #60
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I didn't really like episode 2 as much as 1, but that's mainly because I didn't enjoy the action nearly as much and there was no awesome oldschool tune montage, like the Furimukanaide one! On the other hand, I guess having as many of these Yukihime moments more than makes up for it. Enma/Yuki antics are still so much fun to watch! Poor Yuki needs to stop going au naturale!

Oh, and I can't forget Great King Enma voiced by Norio Wakamoto, of course. I cracked up when he handled the tape to Enma and the others. Best joke in this episode for me, hahaha.

Anyways, seems like episode 3 might bring our first real antagonist here? What with Chiko's mark and all. Also, wondering when we're going to find out a bit more about that witch like woman that pops up on the OP. The GESO GESO definitely had her silhouette on his explanation, so I guess she must be related to the whole incident with the demons showing up!

All in all, though, another solid and extremely fun outing from this series. Go Nagai!