Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2022-09-23, 09:17   Link #1501
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
Apparently, Takahiro Sakurai is married and the public only knew about this now because of the tabloids. So, his agency has to release a statement that he's indeed married.

While I'm displeased with what the tabloids did because Sakurai's family life is a private matter, all I want to say is that I hope he's happy.
To be fair if one look into all his slipped commentary on various seiyuu talks with him, its very obvious he's already married for long time.
Even in Japan, most male fans of him are not buying idea that he's single. Only his female fans mostly in denial about possibility Sakurai already married.

Can't help to think perhaps better like this than keep pretending he's single in every talk show until 60's.

Old 2022-09-23, 14:43   Link #1502
Frontier

Quote:
Apparently, Takahiro Sakurai is married and the public only knew about this now because of the tabloids. So, his agency has to release a statement that he's indeed married.

While I'm displeased with what the tabloids did because Sakurai's family life is a private matter, all I want to say is that I hope he's happy.
I wish he could've revealed it more on his own terms, but I'm happy for him nevertheless .

I honestly wonder how much the tabloids must be hunting for stuff on Sugita and Nakamura...
Old 2022-09-25, 20:30   Link #1503
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I just assumed he’d been married, but for me the main point is how creepy it is that people in Japan care so much about it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-25, 20:40   Link #1504
larethian

It's his choice and he's not the only one for sure.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 17:02   Link #1505
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I just assumed he’d been married, but for me the main point is how creepy it is that people in Japan care so much about it.
That's not only a Japanese problem. Paparazzis exist in the West too, and that's because there is a demand for it. People love knowing all about their favorite actor/model/whatever's private life.

Of course, it doesn't get as toxic as with otakus and idols, but it's still bad. Private lives should remain private.
Old 2022-10-19, 13:18   Link #1506
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Pretty surprising for me personally but looks like some idol corporations are more lax in this regard.

Risa Tsumugi (best known for her roles in Bushiroad musical franchises: she is a rapper/second vocalist/DJ of Raise a Suilen band and vocalist/DJ of Photon Maiden unit) married anime composer Yuki Honda.

https://twitter.com/risa_tsumugi/sta...82325615136769
https://twitter.com/compose_ojisan/s...82398604091393
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-19, 14:13   Link #1507
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Pretty surprising for me personally but looks like some idol corporations are more lax in this regard.

Risa Tsumugi (best known for her roles in Bushiroad musical franchises: she is a rapper/second vocalist/DJ of Raise a Suilen band and vocalist/DJ of Photon Maiden unit) married anime composer Yuki Honda.

https://twitter.com/risa_tsumugi/sta...82325615136769
https://twitter.com/compose_ojisan/s...82398604091393
Congratulations to the couple .
Old 2022-10-25, 09:52   Link #1508
Frontier

Ayahi Takagaki just gave birth to her 1st child.
Old 2022-10-25, 10:16   Link #1509
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Grats to her. My favorite seiyuu out there. To bad she rarelly gets good roles nowerdays (she got two this sason but both characters are pretty meh).
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-25, 10:30   Link #1510
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Grats to her. My favorite seiyuu out there. To bad she rarelly gets good roles nowerdays (she got two this sason but both characters are pretty meh).
Hard same.
Old 2022-10-26, 08:37   Link #1511
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:

Uh, yeah, apparently, news came out he has also been cheating on his wife for 10 years.

Old 2022-10-26, 10:21   Link #1512
saya_leviathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Uh, yeah, apparently, news came out he has also been cheating on his wife for 10 years.

Yeah, I just heard. Here's the article in question:
https://twitter.com/YahooNewsTopics/...41079644753920

The only question is how would this affect his reputation. Because of what I've seen so far, the fan reaction (at least the non-Japanese reaction) is shock and anger.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-26, 11:55   Link #1513
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post

Quote:
Yeah, I just heard. Here's the article in question:
https://twitter.com/YahooNewsTopics/...41079644753920

The only question is how would this affect his reputation. Because of what I've seen so far, the fan reaction (at least the non-Japanese reaction) is shock and anger.
Dear lord .
Old 2022-10-26, 12:06   Link #1514
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wasting a lady's young 10 years is... quite nasty
Otaku not caring about getting married, 10 years, sure. But dating for 10 years for nothing is terrifying.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-26, 12:08   Link #1515
Frontier

It's not even just the affair and cheating for 10 years, which was terrible in and of itself, but that the woman he was cheating with had no idea he was married for 10 years and had an emotional breakdown after she found out.

Sakurai did both women dirty.
Old 2022-10-26, 13:50   Link #1516
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Oh and Suzumura said he didn't knew about this.
No way I am believing this.
But if Sakurai did managed to even hide this from Suzumura, he must be a damn good actor...

Last edited by shmaster; 2022-10-26 at 16:29.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-26, 14:38   Link #1517
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I don't think Sakurai will get as much flak as Suzuki, Okamoto or Namikawa considering his personality and reputation, but the circumstances are definitely terrible and will probably have an impact on his career. It is doubtful he will be replaced for his most important roles such as Cloud Strife, but beyond that, it is going to be dicey.

The worst part is that Suzumura might be dragged into that mess, since he and Sakurai are quite literally best friend forever, often demonstrating their friendship whenever they can. Not to mention Suzumura and Sakamoto are often seen as the perfect seiyuu couple, so I wouldn't be surprised if some unreasonable fans will question him whether or not he knew about Sakurai's affair.
Old 2022-10-26, 16:35   Link #1518
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The worst part is that Suzumura might be dragged into that mess, since he and Sakurai are quite literally best friend forever, often demonstrating their friendship whenever they can. Not to mention Suzumura and Sakamoto are often seen as the perfect seiyuu couple, so I wouldn't be surprised if some unreasonable fans will question him whether or not he knew about Sakurai's affair.
As far as I know the press is already approaching Suzumura, he probably is already in the progress of getting dragged in.
The two are close enough so I don't see the collateral damage can be avoided.
Oh and the unreasonable fans are already digging at the old news on that decade old rumor where Sakurai was dating 6 women at once.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-26, 18:30   Link #1519
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Presumably (at least I hope) everyone can agree that adultery is a bad thing. It's an expression of a character flaw, to be sure. But this is still the usual Japanese otaku celebrity nonsense. Cheating (even if it sounds as if this is a pretty egregious example) should not result in a seiyuu losing jobs. It's a private matter and if sanity prevailed it would stay one.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-26, 18:39   Link #1520
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How does this even work? That woman has been dating him for ten years and never suspected he was married? That means she never met his friends, family, or spent holidays with him. She really never found that odd? I never understood how people managed to live double lives like that.