AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-05-07, 14:42   Link #7221
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
LOL that's insane. What is 'small glass of wine'? A pint? Wine cheaper than a hotdog makes no sense to me.

At CNE (toronto canada), we charge $7.00 for a corn and $3.00 for a bottle of water.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 14:47   Link #7222
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
LOL that's insane. What is 'small glass of wine'? A pint? Wine cheaper than a hotdog makes no sense to me.

At CNE (toronto canada), we charge $7.00 for a corn and $3.00 for a bottle of water.
Well, the length of the hot dog must be at least 10ft tall. Super Subway size.

What amuses me the most about this whole Olympic thingy is that the sheer amount of money they have spending does not seem to do much. One of Rupert Murdoch's evil newspaper even managed to sneak a fake bomb into the stadium.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 14:49   Link #7223
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Like "injecting your face with diseased poisonous food" to annihilate tissue in your face so you look like a robot or as doctors call it 'younger'.
Usually it is consumed. Human placenta pills, though now mostly replaced with sheep placenta, is a source of anti-aging. Over a long period of time consuming it works.....though the consuming demographic behave no different from what they consume despite the change.

Quote:
I had to drink urine when I was like 3-ish (thank god I don't really remember it) to cure chronic internal bleeding issues that I had. Not sure if it worked but I haven't suffered since.
Black-Jew's ear boiled with dates and turnip. Internal bleeding is supposedly caused by extreme "nei shang" (internal injuries, but duh) caused by irregular flow of qi following the stage of inflammation of blood vessels. When the bleeding stops, you have to take anti-inflammation herbs. To reverse the effect of overdoing it (when you feeling cold/damp) you have to take something "heaty", like ginseng to "get your blood flowing again".

My cousin had the same condition and the sinseh was a noob fresh out of some TCM college. They overdid it and my cousin went into "cold" mode.....no idea how much my relatives spent on the ginseng soups prescribed by her master.

Quote:
That's like the most delicious thing ever. My parents used to always tell me to not eat so many because it's 'full of lead'. Still not sure if that's true
Not true - you can't process lead from liming something! Just don't overeat it because it causes diarrhoea.

There is only one Chinese medicine I know has a guarantee for treating a fever/flu - boil green beans in a saucepan, put a piece of cloth over it to catch the steam, then drain the steam out into a bowl - drink that while it is hot. A burnt tongue is still better than feeling like shit for the next 2 weeks.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 18:28   Link #7224
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Stradivarius cello broken in accident in Spain
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-07-14-04-52
Quote:
MADRID (AP) -- A Stradivarius cello housed at the Spanish Royal Palace was broken in an accident, an official said Monday. The instrument could be worth more than $20 million.
Old 2012-05-07, 18:35   Link #7225
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I am reminded of this scene from the Pink Panther Strikes Again.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-05-08, 03:05   Link #7226
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Photos of Chinese Students Cramming for Exams Hooked to IVs Spark Controversy

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/ph...ntroversy.html

Old 2012-05-08, 11:09   Link #7227
AnimeFan188

Busted: Iran's Jarring Photoshopped Missile Test Image

"Remember back in 2008, when Iran Photoshopped an extra missile into a
photograph of its missile test? Turns out, bad habits die hard. The Atlantic Wire
has caught Iran's semi-official Mehr News Agency (MNA) using another digitally-
altered image to depict its missile program. Only this time, the image is even more
egregiously Photoshopped.

On the homepage of its website today, the image appears next to a story
downplaying the threat of Iran's ballistic missile program. It's a small image but
upon closer inspection, you can see that something is amiss."

See:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/globa...t-image/51940/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 12:04   Link #7228
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Teen's sweet prom dress made of Starburst wrappers
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-08-10-53-12
Old 2012-05-08, 19:53   Link #7229
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Scanning though the news for anything important and this headline caught my eye. Google Earth Outs Hizbullah Bases
After reading the article, I headed over to Google Maps hoping to find it for myself. I was wondering if anyone else thinks if this could be it as well, or if you find anything else.
I searched Yanta, Lebanon and found a place nearby that I thought could be it. GPS cords: 33.628664,35.975221. Any thoughts.
Old 2012-05-09, 04:27   Link #7230
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Woman Hasn’t Shaved Armpits in 18 Months to Challenge Social Taboos

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/wo...al-taboos.html
Old 2012-05-09, 06:39   Link #7231
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post

Now her entire arms look photoshopped. Especially how thin she is with the width of her arms lol (it's just that angle)
Old 2012-05-09, 11:25   Link #7232
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
The Marin Community Foundation announced Tuesday that it is working with Lucasfilm to "explore options" for building affordable housing in the location where the movie mogul wanted to build a film studio until residents in an adjacent subdivision protested.

"We don't know yet what might be able to be developed there, but the notion of being able to explore his property and see if some beautifully designed family or senior housing can be developed there is too wonderful to pass up," said Thomas Peters, president and CEO of the foundation. "One of the incredible offers that Mr. Lucas made is that he would make available the extensive technical studies that have been done on that land, including water, topography, creek access and other engineering data that would give us a head start and help us determine whether senior or affordable housing can be built there."

Lucas, whose "Star Wars" films ushered in the digital arts age, withdrew his plans last month to build a large mission-style movie-making studio on Grady Ranch, blaming the Lucas Valley Estates Homeowners Association for being Nimbys and torpedoing it.

Several Lucas Valley Estates homeowners had, in fact, said that they considered the historic Lucas-owned farmland their back yards. They claimed the proposed 263,701-square-foot digital technology production complex was too large, would displace too much dirt, would change the course of a creek going through the area, create too much traffic and hadn't been studied enough.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...F38Q.DTL&tsp=1
And the Empire Strikes back.

Hope George succeeds.
Old 2012-05-09, 11:50   Link #7233
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How about an affordible housing housed inside what looks like an Imperial Garrison? With Imperial artitecture the entire way.
Old 2012-05-09, 12:25   Link #7234
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
How about an affordible housing housed inside what looks like an Imperial Garrison? With Imperial artitecture the entire way.
There is only one place......anyone played Jedi Outcast 2? Bespin City is the closest concept to an Earth housing plan.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 12:35   Link #7235
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Do you take pills guys?
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/video/world...-29224059.html
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 12:57   Link #7236
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

There is a simple reason why almost no animal or human exercises cannibalism:
Every desease your 'food' might have had, will be able to infect you too.

For the same reason, monkeys are a bad food. They are too closely related to us.

It's just a bad idea, if you want to stay healthy.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 13:02   Link #7237
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Every desease your 'food' might have had, will be able to infect you too..
There is no quality check for human meat....ewww
Old 2012-05-09, 13:13   Link #7238
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

I like my humans lean and smoked.

These articles are great for explaining to teens what 'eating out' means in sexual education. /KIHIHIHIHI *twitches*
Old 2012-05-09, 13:20   Link #7239
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I like my humans lean and smoked.
Actually human taste great like kind sweet. My father once said that during the 70's Mindanao conflict they usually burn the bodies of the dead and it produces a good aroma that you will find hard to resist until you find its human, then you throw up.
Old 2012-05-09, 16:59   Link #7240
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post

Ewww I can understand not wanting to do legs since it's a good deal of work to keep shaved, but Armpits take very little effort and look way worse when left alone... I can understand trying to break the taboo, but still Ewww .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor