AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-07-16, 17:35   Link #1
SpartenOmega117

What do you do when you feel sad when a awesome anime ends?

I just finished code geass which was an awesome anime. It was probably the sadest anime i wtched For some reason after i finish watching an anime i always feel so upset because it ended or how it ended. The same goes for fullmetal alchemist. What do you guys do to get by this sadness?
SpartenOmega117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 18:07   Link #2
Samurai dono
Anti-Manga Squad

Location: Anti-manga Corps Headquarters - Assassination Division
Your Code Geas bizarre statement was redeemed by your Fullmetal Alchemist statement, and so I'll answer your question ... j/k ... I force my self back into mood by starting something that isn't so good, so my crippled enjoyment by the temporar phase doesn't spoil the few first episodes (the forcing phase takes 3-7 episodes, depending on how good the said finished anime was), nor very mediocre that I would go through the whole thing with my mood still in the low range.
Samurai dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 18:59   Link #3
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I generally like to find a similar anime in feel, genre, and style, and start watching that soon after. Then I keep going from one anime to another to another like that until I'm no longer sad when an awesome anime ends, and start to feel like I want to watch an anime of a different feel, genre, and style to change things up.

Also like Samurai dono, I try to make a point to not watch too many great prominent animes back-to-back. I try to watch something a bit more obscure at some point also just to change things up.
Old 2010-07-16, 20:34   Link #4
Kudryavka

Hm, I've never felt bad at anime ending, but man, I got hit hard when I finished Kingdom Hearts for PS2. After spending ~3 hours (it was my first time ) fighting the final boss, and then watching that final cutscene, I was just leaking water. I'm watching the beautiful game credits to Utada Hikaru's wonderful voice and acoustic guitar, then the game freezes.

Needless to say I flipped out. This is why you beat your games within the first year of buying them, sigh.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 20:55   Link #5
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

yeah the Code Geass ending also hit me hard not as much as episode 19 though. Well I just move onto the next anime when the current one I'm watching ends it may not be as good, but hey all things good or bad have to end at some point right??

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 21:44   Link #6
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Surely you jest.

At first, a sad ending is melancholic and emotionally charged. But every ending I've seen so far tried to make a point (whether it succeeded in making that point is debatable, however).

A story doesn't have to end like it would in a fairytale.
A story doesn't have to have a happy ending.

It has to have a purpose.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 22:46   Link #7
OkamiNoKaze

There is always that sense of loss when a series ends, especially a short 12/13 episode series. For me I just start looking for something fill in it's time slot, now how I replace it depends on the anime that finished in question, if it's something like Clannad, I need something wholey hilarious, as a balance, in this example i watched Ah! My Buddha.
Old 2010-07-16, 23:06   Link #8
Nadeko_Sengoku
Evil Vampire

I immediately go look for another anime to put on my "to watch" list.
Old 2010-07-16, 23:39   Link #9
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

When an awesome anime ends, I look for the next awesome anime to watch.

Case in point, Clannas AS -> Cross Game. After that, Cross Game -> Tatami Galaxy.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 06:19   Link #10
Lonestar9

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonestar9
Yeah, just watch something else, start another series soon after wards, or do something else to take your mind off of a bit. Everything comes to an end, even series I enjoy, I think of it that way.
Lonestar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 14:38   Link #11
Magnamon

I normally go watch something else like Justice League or Digimon then I'll search for the next flavor of the month
Magnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 23:41   Link #12
hero147

It depends on the anime. If the characters are ones I like and are very memorable, I usually obsessively read every forum and every post regarding that anime. If the characters just plain suck and have no emotional attachment to myself, I usually let it go and don't give it a second thought. And yeah, I hated the end of Code Geass and hated what happened to Lelouch at the end. It hit me hard and I remember being unable to sleep for like a week. On the first night, I woke up at like 2 a.m. browsing the Code Geass forums and just reading posts. =X. But the comments came too fast and I realized it was a waste of time reading everyone's opinion on the finale. So I jumped to saving memorable pictures from Code Geass and got on with my life.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 00:06   Link #13
Raiga
tl;dr

Yeah, it really depends on emotional involvement. Usually when I finish a show I'm unable to watch anything else for the rest of the day; if I really loved it this might last for a few days; if I'm really into it and it's currently airing I could end up distracted and less motivated to watch other shows all week. But I digress. Finishing a show that I loved...

Usually some sort of fanboy high during which I download a ton of fanart and listen to the theme songs and rewatch my favorite scenes and possibly check out related media (manga, novels, etc) and maybe go on forums and wonder loudly about a second season. XD Depends.
Old 2010-07-19, 00:31   Link #14
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

when FMAB ended it was very awesome, but also so sad because there's no more and the manga already ended. ;_; luckly we've got the coming movie, I can't wait for it! >:3
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 00:39   Link #15
Nightt
☠ Lord of the Things ☠
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nightt
I usually look for another anime like it (similar genre, storyline, etc.), and watch that. Or, I'll watch an anime like Gintama. xD
Old 2010-07-19, 02:14   Link #16
klare

if that awesome anime had an awesome ending, will not feel sad

but if u do, best is check out other animes until u found another awesome one
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 06:43   Link #17
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I used to just move on instantly to the next show when I was younger, now I usually just take a break for a few weeks-month.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 04:28   Link #18
LovelyRose

Find a comedy anime.. :P
LovelyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 06:11   Link #19
Samurai dono
Anti-Manga Squad

Location: Anti-manga Corps Headquarters - Assassination Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyRose View Post
Find a comedy anime.. :P
Yep, I somtimes do that too. An intermediate phase of something light-hearted or comedy.
Samurai dono is offline   Reply With Quote