AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-12, 22:44   Link #61
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And I hope that if she does have another guy, that the reveal isn't too painful (for character and reader, lol.)
Depend on how you consider it's "painful", but I think it's kinda obvious, with all the hints they throw it out, so I already was prepared.
Old 2011-06-12, 22:52   Link #62
Shadow5YA

Despite all those hints, I wonder why Emiru still urged Kido to stay with Yuri. He was aware that his relationship with Yuri was more shallow than ever before. If he had gone through with it, it would save him from a lot of pain that's bound to happen.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 22:59   Link #63
Chandalen

Emiru: "Just according to Keikaku"

That said, it was fairly evident to me that she's been with someone else since pretty much the beginning. I'll be surprised if it's not the case. It's more a matter of how it is revealed, and even then I won't be terribly surprised/affected by it.
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 23:32   Link #64
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
catched up to ch 36, and Oo things are gonna get hectic from here on out
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 16:08   Link #65
Ravenest

Quote:
That said, it was fairly evident to me that she's been with someone else since pretty much the beginning. I'll be surprised if it's not the case. It's more a matter of how it is revealed, and even then I won't be terribly surprised/affected by it.

I´m a weak man, so I´ve downloaded the raws until the end of vol 7 and all I can say is that those questions will be ansewered till then.
Ravenest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 17:03   Link #66
Shadow5YA

Is this series still ongoing, or did it finish in however many volumes?
Old 2011-06-13, 17:46   Link #67
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Despite all those hints, I wonder why Emiru still urged Kido to stay with Yuri. He was aware that his relationship with Yuri was more shallow than ever before. If he had gone through with it, it would save him from a lot of pain that's bound to happen.
Because they didn't know better. And I don't think it's easy to tell that their relationship is shallow. You can see that they care for each other. I'm not sure what the deal is with Yuri, I do believe she cares for him, but she may be twisted (QB style) or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Is this series still ongoing, or did it finish in however many volumes?
Eight volumes and counting!
Old 2011-06-13, 18:20   Link #68
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

After some time reading a chapter here and there i caught up with recent scans. Good series that has ecchi (seinen level at that ) and a good storyline so far.

What has impressed me the most is Emiru's character and how uniqe she is. She's extremely resolute, intelligent and absolutely in control of every situation (save for the end of chapter 38 maybe, but we'll have to see about that).

This is what I call a real strong female lead - not those usual female characters with fake strength that can beat anyone to a pulp but need to be saved by a male character the moment it's getting serious, activating their "damsel in distress" - switch.... and no, I'm not necessarily a feminist, just bored by the trope

Last edited by Waven; 2011-06-14 at 04:17.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 20:47   Link #69
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I'm starting to get a School Days flashback. The girl with the biggest set of breasts is also the same one that has the biggest set of insecurities-v-. Can someone photoshop a pic of Emiru with Sosuke Aizen's mullet form from Bleach? Emiru uses her just as planned powers for good-v-.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 21:10   Link #70
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
After some time reading a chapter here and there i caught up with recent scans. Good series that has ecchi (seinen level at that ) and a good storyline so far.
The art and ecchi are awesome. So tantalizing every time.
Quote:
What has impressed me the most is Emiru's character and how uniqe she is. She's extremely resolute, intelligent and absolutely in control of every situation (save for the end of chapter 38 maybe, but we'll have to see about that).

This is what I call a real strong female lead - not those usual female characters with fake strength that can beat anyone to a pulp but need to be saved by a male character the moment it's getting serious, activating their "damsel in distress" - switch.... and no, I'm not necessarily a women's libber, just bored by the trope
She really is an amazing character. I love how one Kido comes up, her mood and attitude changes. And the part where she told him she loved him, so damn... cute. She can be cute and sexy, that's awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I'm starting to get a School Days flashback. The girl with the biggest set of breasts is also the same one that has the biggest set of insecurities-v-. Can someone photoshop a pic of Emiru with Sosuke Aizen's mullet form from Bleach? Emiru uses her just as planned powers for good-v-.
I think her 'just as planned' power is going to run out at some point.
Old 2011-06-14, 00:23   Link #71
Chandalen

/agree with Wavens' last post

I think the 'just as planned' is cracking a bit this last chapter (38 IIRC), but I don't doubt she'll recover and go back to revise whatever plans she has accordingly.

Mostly I'm just craving to read the next chapter constantly.
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 08:17   Link #72
Shadow5YA

I really don't think Emiru is as complex as people think she is. She is definitely different, but at heart she is just a passionate girl who loves seeing (Kido's) emotion and relationships unfold right down to the sex.

Socially, Emiru is strange because she is so open about her sexuality when in most cases sex is a very taboo adult subject. Her values are different from the norm, which is why she has been said to have her own little "world".
It would be difficult to find the correct adjective to describe her, because any single word pinned on her would have some contradictions. For example, a person could all Emiru an exhibitionist, but that's not really an accurate term because she still keeps her sexuality private and is only open around Kido and in their apartment complex. Emiru can't be called lustful, because she is very picky about who and what she likes and knows how to control herself in public. There is just no way Emiru would make any sense from a "traditional" moral standpoint.

That is why Kido initially found Emiru to be an annoyance. For a person who is (or was) mostly normal and well grounded in society, being watched while having sex is a little disconcerting because sex is supposed to be a very private act with no third parties involved. However, I think that Emiru is still driven by a simple concept to see honest, passionate relationships unfold. To that end, she'll find ways to spy on Kido, who is physically honest himself, but I think that is the extent of Emiru's scheming.
Old 2011-06-16, 17:01   Link #73
Khalil

Get PROzess' good-bye gift over at Black Wing.

Thanks, PROzess, you'll be sorely missed.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 19:28   Link #74
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Wowee, what a gift. Never gonna see THIS story as just an ecchi story again.
Old 2011-06-16, 19:49   Link #75
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Rage quit don't matter. What matters is the story, and that's what we should be talking about here. And for the record, I don't think it's good practice to link to scanlator sites. An indirect link, like MangaUpdate's group page, would be best.

Spoiler for Chapters 39-45:
Old 2011-06-16, 20:02   Link #76
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Blame the reason why he had to drop in the first place Drago. I bet Prozess felt the same way you do, but he didn't wanna leave on a sour note, so that's why probably the chapters were released in a row instead of one at a time. I think we can let it slide just this once^^. I never knew something like voyeurism can turn into such an implict to explicit addiction o.o. I'm gonna start using manga like these as my master's and doctorate's thesis>v<, this is genius>v<. So what happens now? Will volume 6 be the last volume?

Spoiler for Volume 6 maybe?:
Old 2011-06-16, 20:46   Link #77
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Six, the last? Nahh... We're at eight and counting.
Old 2011-06-16, 21:02   Link #78
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Rage quit don't matter. What matters is the story, and that's what we should be talking about here. And for the record, I don't think it's good practice to link to scanlator sites. An indirect link, like MangaUpdate's group page, would be best.

Spoiler for Chapters 39-45:
Yes the NTR stuff was kinda painful, especially since Yuri has been shown to be quite cute 1-2 chapters before the revelation and it also didn't help to see afterwards how desperate she has been all the time. Still, she got it coming - At the page where we see her shocked face when seeing the broken toy I was evilly laughing maniacally like a mad scientist raising my hands only to scream "It is broken!" ... that felt incredibly good

As for the future, I'm quite sure this is the last NTR shit we've seen in this series. Especially since I hope we're finally ready for the main dish, which ofc is Emiru.

As for the volumes: Mangaupdates lists 7 completed, maybe with x chapters of the 8th already released in the mag.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 22:55   Link #79
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

The whole sordid affair was like watching a car accident in slow motion. You know it's coming, little-by-little, yet you can't look away while everything comes to a head. Even so, he would've been totally in his right to rip into her more than he did. :/

Still not sure if it's Emiru's time to shine though. There hasn't been any kind of buildup to him admitting his obvious feelings for her, so... well, guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 23:10   Link #80
Shadow5YA

I'm glad Yuri at least had a trace of conscience after all of that, even if it was too late. If she doesn't stay with her old boyfriend, then that's still far better than the typical NTR found in h-anime and manga. She had it coming, but at least I got a little more than just rage out of it.

I also don't think it's Emiru's time to shine just yet. The drama is still fresh, so at best Kido is just using Emiru as a safety net. Other than her personality, we still don't know that much about Emiru herself. I'll consider their relationship in the home stretch if he's still with her when everything has cooled down.

Tags
ecchi, romance, seinen