AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-04-01, 11:40   Link #101
purusani

Will definitely watch:

Jormungand: finally an anime which doesn't center around a bunch of moe girls or boys doing nothing. I enjoyed the manga a lot so i hope White Fox gives this a faithful adaptation. Also the pv with Kawada Mamis song rocks!!!!

Going to try out:

Sankarea
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Sakamichi no Apollon
Eureka Seven Astral Ocean
Tsuritama
Hyouka
Old 2012-04-01, 23:59   Link #102
black_star
How should i say it?

Thoughts :

Watching : Natsuiro Kiseki, Eureka 7, Accel World
Might try : Medaka Box, Uchuu Kyoudai, Shining Hearts, Sankarea,Dusk Girl of Amnesia,Jormungrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Fate/Zero, Fate/Zero, Fate/Zero and... Fate/Zero.

Everything else? My schedule is tight so I am probably going to play catch up after the semester ends.
well, me too.

Those who wanted to see my other thoughts, see my blog below. Really.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 08:47   Link #103
Fabrice
Padawan

Since im tight with time management, Ill definitely watch Hyouka, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Accel World, Sankarea and Fate/zero.

Ill look at the reviews for certain shows to see if i can squeeze in. All the overgeneric fan service anime can easily be dismissed.
Fabrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 10:51   Link #104
Arya

Here my memo for the spring season:

I surely will watch
  • Fate/Zero II: liked the first season.
  • Jormungand: look promising. And the art style looks decent similar to Fate/Zero.
  • Zetman: the PV got me, even if it looks a bit too grim.
  • Eureka Seven Ao: just for the brand, I'm not a fan, but surely it should be a huge production. I just hope that Ao will not be a Renton replica.

I surely will try few episodes
  • Hyouka: the PV was one of the less engaging I have ever seen, so it could go only better.
  • Tasogare Otome×Amnesia: look interesting, I hope it is not episodic or fall into the ecchi zone.
  • Mysterious X Girlfriend: the old fashioned art style is not a plus, but the setting fit my tastes.
  • Sankarea: the story looks strange enough to reach my attention as the main girl, that looks cute.
  • AKB0048: only for Kawamori/Okada. I'm not into full female singers/players/whatever cast.

Give it 1-2 episode(s)
  • Medaka Box: because it remind me of high school DxD.
  • Hiiro no Kakera: reverse harem, why not, but only if it is not super-cliched.
  • Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan: don't know why but I don't get good vibes from this title.

Maybe, maybe not:
  • Acchi Kocchi: wow, a loli tsundere? it is something I was waiting for a long time. I'm thrilled. /sarcasm off
  • Accel World: I wouldn't have given it a chance, but with all the hype it gets, who know? My main problem is the MC. The main girl looks awesome, but the MC killed all my enthusiasm.

Ginga e Kickoff!! ?? I didn't find any information about this series. Is it similar to area no kishi?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 22:31   Link #105
Shimapan
Try me! <3

I've updated the first post with the v2 overview of spring series:
http://i.minus.com/i70RqqpyS5WHh.jpg

Will definitely watch:
Kore wa Zombie desu ka - Of the dead

Will watch, unless they mess up or troll the viewers:
Medaka Box
Accel World
Sankarea
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Will give it a try:
Upotte
Shiawase no Pan
Koiken (supposedly aired on 1st of March, but no one picked it up yet?)

Might watch:
Hyouka
Natsuiro Kiseki
Old 2012-04-06, 05:55   Link #106
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Shows I am anticipating:

Fate/Zero - While I loved the first season, I have to admit that practically no movement had actually been made in the war. The second season had better not wait 'till the last two episodes to start dropping bodies.

Ozuma - Ok, already watching, and it's rock solid.

Saint Seiya Omega - Ok, not the highest of expectations, especially after watching the first episode, but I dig the old-school vibe (or modern day remake of Casshern Sins, depending on your age I guess). This will probably be a guilty pleasure that has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, but will entertain me anyways, because sometimes you need to just turn your brain off and pretend you're five again (that's not sarcasm, btw).

Uchuu Kyoudai - I'm a space nut. This show is about space. Do I need to elaborate further?

Zetman - My shounen show of the season, I suppose. Not expecting anything but some violence, violence, and maybe a pretty girl or two. And, I'm happy with that.

Sankarea - I know absolutely nothing about this show beyond a one sentence blurb I read somewhere combined with a promotional picture, and have yet to watch the first episode. That said, it's very high on my 'great expectations' list (possibly the second highest behind Jormungand, as an argument could be made that Fate/Zero doesn't count, being a continuation from the Fall).

Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna - When I realized, last week, that we're getting a new Lupin show, I was speechless. I can't really describe how much I loved Lupin as a kid, other than to say, 'a lot'. I'm really digging the art, and Lupin is always great when there's a femme fatale involved. Here's hoping this doesn't shatter my childhood memories. Full disclaimer: I had a mad crush on Mine when I was like...I dunno....seven?

Jormungand. Ok, the last time I was this psyched for a show that seemed to have everything going for it, Canaan let me down horribly. But, it's not really fair to let such past experiences color my hopes, so suffice to say, I have very high expectations for Jormungand.

Sakamichi no Apollon. The pedigree looks great, but I hear some rumors of boys love or some such, and frankly, I have no interest in such things. That said, I will give it a shot anyways, as this is the internet, and it's definitely possible that people are over-dramatizing the boys love angle.

Eureka Seven Astral Ocean. Eureka Seven was one of my favorite shows of its time, which is saying something as Renton is close to Shinji as 'male character I wish had never existed' in my mind. So, it goes without saying, that anything with the words, 'Eureka Seven' attached to it, is an automatic must see for me. That said, I have a small niggling thought in the back of my head that Eureka Seven may have been a perfect storm of a whole lot of goodness that outweighed the bad, and such a magical balance may not be easily emulated in a show that seems to have given the series the 'Fam' treatment.

I'll probably give most of the rest of the Spring shows a look, but I have no expectations for them.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 11:23   Link #107
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Sakamichi no Apollon. The pedigree looks great, but I hear some rumors of boys love or some such, and frankly, I have no interest in such things. That said, I will give it a shot anyways, as this is the internet, and it's definitely possible that people are over-dramatizing the boys love angle.
I don't know where people are getting that from - I've read the manga and it's not BL so chances are the anime won't be BL either. (The Sentarou-Kaoru friendship does run pretty deep, though, in case someone is allergic to that sort of thing. But subtext is subtext is subtext...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 22:26   Link #108
Kaiyon

Eureka Seven A.O, Sankarea and Hyouka are the ones i wanna watch, And Hyouka is the only one not released yet despite it being my most anticipated...
Kaiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 21:18   Link #109
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Hyouka is the only show I'm truly looking forward to, everything else just doesn't matter to me that much.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series