AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-09-19, 17:33   Link #721
Lendial

not going to lie bleach has not been this awesome since the ss arc.
Old 2012-09-19, 17:55   Link #722
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
And so what if they are elite, I can't imagine Byakuya turning into petals in 1000 years time or Soi Fon becoming a butterfly or Hitsugaya turning snow into 100s of snow golems...
Well I don't know about the others, but I could at least see Hitsugaya's shikai ability to do this

Eventually turning into a bankai ability to turn the snow he can already conjure up into 100's of ice dragons. Even if it took 1000 years. lol

Last edited by sayde; 2012-09-19 at 18:10.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 19:06   Link #723
Xagzan

Quote:
Because these powers are seriously haxed, especially whole zombie thing.

And so what if they are elite, I can't imagine Byakuya turning into petals in 1000 years time or Soi Fon becoming a butterfly or Hitsugaya turning snow into 100s of snow golems...

It is simply weird, especially since none of these type of powers were ever implied in the series.
Yamamoto is supposed to be haxed. That's what we've been waiting for this whole time. I really think he's the only one in Bleach who can get away with it.

Besides, he doesn't turn himself into flames...
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 20:42   Link #724
itachi-san314

Quote:

It is simply weird, especially since none of these type of powers were ever implied in the series.
a power like shunsui's shadow ability/kids games is out of the realm of 'fitting' soul reaper powers, but i actually think yama-jii's bankai makes sense. we are talking about soul reapers here. death gods. resurrection of the dead by their leader doesn't really seem that far-fetched given that we accept the bleach universe in the first place

i agree that a shinigami's body changing shape or form is what doesn't fit into the apparent range of soul reaper abilities. it is more like an arrancar ability to change the form of your body. it's why fullbring and some of the shitritters dont ring true to readers. because their powers are too random and don't fit a particular supernatural category like sword abilities or transformations into animal-like beasts or arrow-like projectiles and spirit particle weapons. like james said though, i could totally see the snow golem power form hitsugaya at some point.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 21:50   Link #725
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
perfect defense and offense?

old man is dead in 5 chapters now. he is showing all his powers, powers tite wants to show off before he kills him off.
Old 2012-09-20, 00:50   Link #726
Langus
Optimus Prime

Sooo zombies... Zombies are good....
Old 2012-09-20, 00:58   Link #727
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ And burning zombies are even better, especially in trillions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
that's the scariest bankai I ever saw.... maybe the scariest ability I ever seen as well...

perfect defense...
perfect offense....
and now... you got an army of the dead...
The only drawback is that it kills you too in the process Still pretty good, nobody should be able to kill Yamamoto except himself.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 02:27   Link #728
Casshern

Yeah, if Yamamoto has sun-related powers then maybe he'll end up going supernova and then turning into a black hole and destroying all of soul society. That would be pretty cool imo.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 10:18   Link #729
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:

Let's wait till we see what is this power. My suspicion is that those are just fire "warriors" that he made. Sort of like an evolved version of his pillars of fire that he can use at longer range or and move around. If you can accept Hitsuguya making ice dragons and such, making fire warriors doesn't seem haxed or unlikely.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 19:28   Link #730
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Let's wait till we see what is this power. My suspicion is that those are just fire "warriors" that he made. Sort of like an evolved version of his pillars of fire that he can use at longer range or and move around. If you can accept Hitsuguya making ice dragons and such, making fire warriors doesn't seem haxed or unlikely.
No he said they are corpses of people he killed.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 21:58   Link #731
David_The_Gnome
MR Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Yeah, if Yamamoto has sun-related powers then maybe he'll end up going supernova and then turning into a black hole and destroying all of soul society. That would be pretty cool imo.
Better yet, that blackhole rips a tunnel straight to Soul Society's King.

Part of me doesn't even want to read the next few chapters knowing that Yamamoto is going to lose. And sun warrior zombies?

We all know what'll happen to fodder armies in typical shonen. There's no suspense left in this manga besides the passing curiosity of how it'll look like once it's drawn out.
David_The_Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 22:03   Link #732
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Whatever happened to stealing Bankai?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 22:24   Link #733
Alchemist007
*Author

They can't steal everyone's, Ichigo being the first obvious one.
Old 2012-09-20, 22:35   Link #734
Inarius
★★★★★

>all your faces when Yama's north phase is so powerful it gives him a heart attack on the spot
>all of this was pre-planned by Aizen from the get-go
>Bach was just a chess piece
>everybody starts qq'ing Kubo u troll

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-21, 05:31   Link #735
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

the opposite of an ultimate offence is an ultimate defence. what is the opposite of resurrecting the souls of the people you've killed? mass killing? like a super nova kinda explosion thingy. i like that idea. or maybe a phoenix rebirth? like the old man cant get killed kinda thing
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 05:59   Link #736
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
the opposite of an ultimate offence is an ultimate defence. what is the opposite of resurrecting the souls of the people you've killed? mass killing? like a super nova kinda explosion thingy. i like that idea. or maybe a phoenix rebirth? like the old man cant get killed kinda thing
Phoenix might be awesome, especially if it makes him younger. Maybe he's even older than 1k years, but he keep dieing and reviving, which is the reason of him becoming so powerful

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 06:10   Link #737
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

A dead god of death summoning the dead in the afterlife...why not? It's Bleach.

The skeletons do look awesome. But zombies are usually fodder. I'm wondering how this undead army will be a threat when an army of a shinigami soldiers is nothing to Bach. I guess there still might be more to them. Maybe they haven't even finished being formed yet and they will actually turn out to be flesh-and-blood resurrections of their former selves. I liked Stark's wolves better, but this is fun. The real highlight of this chapter for me was getting to see more Quincy techniques. Kirchenlied was very cool.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 12:09   Link #738
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
a power like shunsui's shadow ability/kids games is out of the realm of 'fitting' soul reaper powers, but i actually think yama-jii's bankai makes sense.
hey, i like kyouraku's shikai! i thought it suits him perfectly. he does have a child-like side to him, he loves pranks, he loves to joke around, he's immature and irresponsible even. and yet he is one of the deadliest and most powerful shinigami in soul society, perhaps the most powerful one besides yamaji. we still haven't seen urahara's bankai though, it might even be more ridiculous than kyouraku's shikai.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2012-09-21 at 12:23.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 13:41   Link #739
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
No he said they are corpses of people he killed.
Could still be just their forms or he modeled the fighting methods or styles based on them.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 21:26   Link #740
Calca
Expressionless

It'd be funny if somehow Yama-ji does get killed, the bad guys think he's dead THEN he comes back to life and claims that is what North does.

Bad guys proceed to shit themselves.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter