AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-16, 21:43   Link #181
Master Mold
Banned

Slayer X We will see, what happens, when Luffy faces The warden again.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-03-16 at 22:35.
Old 2009-03-17, 00:44   Link #182
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Sigh. Still with the 3rd Gear thing? You do know even if he hits Magellan, he's still touching him and being poisoned. So unless it finishes him off, gear 3 is the last thing Luffy wants. And the side effect as well.
Old 2009-03-17, 05:28   Link #183
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Sigh. Still with the 3rd Gear thing? You do know even if he hits Magellan, he's still touching him and being poisoned. So unless it finishes him off, gear 3 is the last thing Luffy wants. And the side effect as well.
Yea I mean how hard can it be to snatch away an exhausted chibi Luffy and toss 'em into a holding cell?
Old 2009-03-17, 06:35   Link #184
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Well judging from the, Oz fight, the moria fight and the Kuma clone fight, that IS the general idea
Old 2009-03-17, 07:23   Link #185
kari-no-sugata

Going to be interesting to see how Luffy gets out of this one. Magellan thinks that with all the types and amount of poison Luffy has received that he's a walking body-bag - should die within 24 hours. He thinks Luffy can't be saved because antidotes to all the poisons don't exist.

So, do (normal) antidotes exist? Will it turn out some character has anti-poison or antidote capabilities? Will Luffy turn out to be resistant to the lethal poisons? Will he somehow be able to "learn" Haki enough before he croaks to throw off the poisons?

Something else perhaps? Some suggested "using poison to fight poison", but that's not a phrase you should take literally! Small amounts of some poisons can be used medically or to train the body to resist that poison in large amounts, but combining poisons together doesn't magic up an antidote in the real world.

I also wonder if any prison guard/warden will attempt to cuff Luffy. They might not want to risk the poison If so, Magellan might have done Luffy a favour in sending him down to Level 5...

However, I expect the next chapter to be more focused on characters other than Luffy.

PS On the subject of Haki... it *seems* to be quite variable for Luffy so far. For example, when Luffy faced down Magellan he looked very determined, focused and so on, saying he'd even sacrifice his hands... but it seems he didn't use Haki during his attacks (or at least, not enough to make a difference). So, going to be curious to see how this develops...
Old 2009-03-17, 09:00   Link #186
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Going to be interesting to see how Luffy gets out of this one. Magellan thinks that with all the types and amount of poison Luffy has received that he's a walking body-bag - should die within 24 hours. He thinks Luffy can't be saved because antidotes to all the poisons don't exist.

So, do (normal) antidotes exist? Will it turn out some character has anti-poison or antidote capabilities? Will Luffy turn out to be resistant to the lethal poisons? Will he somehow be able to "learn" Haki enough before he croaks to throw off the poisons?

Something else perhaps? Some suggested "using poison to fight poison", but that's not a phrase you should take literally! Small amounts of some poisons can be used medically or to train the body to resist that poison in large amounts, but combining poisons together doesn't magic up an antidote in the real world.

I also wonder if any prison guard/warden will attempt to cuff Luffy. They might not want to risk the poison If so, Magellan might have done Luffy a favour in sending him down to Level 5...

However, I expect the next chapter to be more focused on characters other than Luffy.

PS On the subject of Haki... it *seems* to be quite variable for Luffy so far. For example, when Luffy faced down Magellan he looked very determined, focused and so on, saying he'd even sacrifice his hands... but it seems he didn't use Haki during his attacks (or at least, not enough to make a difference). So, going to be curious to see how this develops...
Karin's healing power from Naruto springs to mind perhaps there is a new character that will have similar extraction/healing abilities?
Old 2009-03-17, 09:04   Link #187
Narona
Emotionless White Face

First post in the One Piece forum for me

This arc is very good and interesting so far.

Magellan did beat Luffy so "easily", wow. I hope there will be a second round in a near future, and that Luffy will win, obviously
Old 2009-03-17, 09:14   Link #188
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Also first post in the one piece threads for me^^
I expect Luffy to win this one through Haki, and Jinbei knowing about an antidote that exists...IN THE KITCHEN! which would make them toil around Impel Down a bit more, this place is just so much fun.
P.S: I can't see Luffy losing again so soon, he already tasted defeat not long ago.
Old 2009-03-17, 10:17   Link #189
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yea we were discussing about the mushrooms 4 pages back. I also added that the fact that Luffy is freezing, his blood flow is much slower and he may even be in a hibernating state. The slower blood flow meant that his poison will spread slower and he'll survive longer, maybe long enough for the poisons in his body to counteract with the mushroom poisons.

Also being frozen will mean that his body will become numb from all the pain inducing poisons.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-03-17, 10:42   Link #190
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It would be funny, if the poisoned mushrooms, Luffy ate on Amazon Lilly, made him immune to most of Magellan's poison.
I didn't think about that at all. Yeah, it would be really funny if that's the case
Old 2009-03-17, 10:43   Link #191
Slayerx

Ya, i am bit worried about how this will play out because somethings would seem so contrived... i mean, for instance like a new character that JUST HAPPENS to be a doctor and JUST HAPPENS to be an expert on poisons in particular who JUST HAPPENS to be able to scrap together cures from what little they can find in impel down, showing up or something; that would feel like such a plot device to cure Luffy... if we knew of such a character before then i could except it, but not a new character
grant it, the impel doctor himself, as far as new characters go, could work out if they gave a good enough excuse for him to help Luffy; though that's iffy on the grounds that if the impel down doctor could cure then Magellan should know that it was curable

The poison mushrooms counter acting some of the poisons? that i could except, though it will be a bit tricky how Oda shows us that it was the mushrooms from before that allowed him to survive... probably my favorite theory so far

Training with Garp... i guess... but i feel a i bit iffy about that. Feels like "a wizard did it" kind of thing. Like anytime Luffy has to know something he never showed himself to know before they pull out "garp trained him for that"... for every serious pitch, that because the standard excuse... It's not that bad, but i don't feel it's that good either... I'd except it better if we had previously seen some flashbacks to the training to see random moments; one of which was constantly feeding Luffy poison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolick
Slayerx, If Jinbei could use "Spash attack" than he wouldn't have nothing to fear - as I remember from gamboy pokemon this attack heals pokemon's status - so no more posion XD
While i hate to explian the joke, i can't help but point out that it's the most useless move in the game; it literally does nothing
Old 2009-03-17, 11:08   Link #192
Prancing Preys
Voluptuous Pigeon

Well, besides feeding Luffy poisons and forcing him to defecate the poisons from his body, there are many other scenarios:

If Croc is willing to, he can suck the poisons out of Luffy's body.

Or maybe, Jimbei can purge Luffy of his poisons by pumping water into his body and forcing him to spew the poisons out.

Or, as someone pointed out, pump him with wax....

Leave it up to the imagination and wait to be surprised by the mangaka.
Old 2009-03-17, 11:28   Link #193
Master Mold
Banned

I got 2 questions, how long does Luffy have to live and how many hours till Ace's show starts?
Old 2009-03-17, 11:46   Link #194
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
I got 2 questions, how long does Luffy have to live and how many hours till Ace's show starts?
Magellan reckoned around 24 hours for Luffy to croak.

Last we heard a few chapters ago, Ace was due to be taken from Impel Down early the following morning, for execution that afternoon. Basically, in less than 24 hours, Ace is due to leave Impel Down and in a bit over 24 hours, he's due to meet his maker.
Old 2009-03-17, 12:02   Link #195
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It would be funny, if the poisoned mushrooms, Luffy ate on Amazon Lilly, made him immune to most of Magellan's poison.
Unless it was a "magic poison" or a chemically very similar poison, this wouldn't happen in the real world.

Quote:
Or maybe some other kid of poisonous stuff, he may have encountered during his childhood, when Garp was "training" him.
Only if Garp repeatedly poisoned him with small doses of all the (fatal) poisons Luffy got hit with.

I had wondered if maybe Bon Clay's "Okama King" might get involved, but thought that'd be a bit too easy/convenient... but...
Spoiler for apparently confirmed chapter 536 spoiler:
Old 2009-03-17, 13:47   Link #196
james0246

Wow, confirmed spoilers out already. Pretty impressive. We need a new thread to start talking about the many (mis)adventures of Bon Clay and the Gang...
Closed Thread