AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-01-12, 12:23   Link #61
K-chama

Send a message via AIM to K-chama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam

YamiBou is also a yuri anime for guys..
YamiBou was based off of a hentai game that was obviously aimed at a male audience though.
K-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 12:30   Link #62
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

This is going to sound wierd, but why did the Nasa guys sound like your adverage 4k!ds/Media Works/CPM dub?
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 12:58   Link #63
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
....Watch it, enjoy it, if you like but I have to find the person who suggested this to me and punch them. -.-
I really find violent statements like this quite objectionable, and I was going to write a note attacking Mr_Paper, until I checked and found that he posts mainly in Gundam threads. Now I sympathise a bit. Why on earth would anyone suggest to someone whose strongest anime interest is Gundam that he watch this show?

Just for the record, I really sympathize with poor Yasuna.
Spoiler for Yasuna's affliction:
As for Hazumu's voice, I've just listened to both the early and late voices, and there is definitely a big difference. The first voice is not very low, but the second is quite high. With a giggle, lol. We just don't hear much of the second voice in ep1, so it doesn't make a big enough impression for the difference to be obvious.

To say this show is not yuri is really splitting hairs. Hazumu is now, physically at least, and even in spirit, a girl. He was a guy (sort of) who liked girls. Now she's a girl who likes girls. But with a twist.
Spoiler for who likes what:
It's interesting to see how many posts there are in this thread already. Looks like this show may be popular. There are already three Chinese fansubs available, as well as the wonderfully early English one.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 13:31   Link #64
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
As soon as I get home from work I am so going to watch this...

I could care less about the romance even if it isn't remotely justified or realistic...I'm here for the pantsu.

/checks Users Currently Browsing this thread

...and I am not alone
*raise tentalces

I am just here for the hot girl/girl action
Old 2006-01-12, 13:33   Link #65
K-chama

Send a message via AIM to K-chama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo

Just for the record, I really sympathize with poor Yasuna.
Spoiler for Yasuna's affliction:
Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Spoiler for for being hard on Tomari:
K-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 13:54   Link #66
Kyaa the Catlord

Well, that was wonderful.

I was afraid this wasn't going to be done well and now, it appears, my fears were unfounded.

I'm completely shocked how much more I like Yasuna than I did before! And I was firmly in Yasuna's corner previously. (Well, as much as I get into corners. I prefer they not choose. *teehee*)
Kyaa the Catlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 14:11   Link #67
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortana
You'll notice that a .srt file came with it. That's the subtitles. i know WMP and BSP can work off a .srt file and display subtitles from it.
Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble with the subtitles and soundtrack? Both are off my several seconds. I'm using the Core Media Player, with all of the lastest codecs. Team Tomari needs to redo this one, or get another group to do it. Good show, otherwise.
Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 14:14   Link #68
Kyaa the Catlord

The timing was sketchy at first but got better as it went along, in my experience.

And um... Keep at it Team Tomari! Its a great name! Don't disappear! V!
Old 2006-01-12, 14:25   Link #69
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

I found that the only time that happened was when they were showing either the aliens or the American army/air force guys.
Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 14:30   Link #70
Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Mikuru Moe Overload

Send a message via MSN to Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Episode 1 Screencaps

Not bad for the first episode, hopefully Kashimashi will turn out to be good.

Hazumu <3!!!!!
Old 2006-01-12, 14:33   Link #71
musouka

Sorry, but I think Yasuna is full of it.

Spoiler:
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 15:02   Link #72
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
Sorry, but I think Yasuna is full of it.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-12, 15:12   Link #73
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Well... its official. It's about exactly the same as the manga, in terms of both story and quality. That means that its silly and stupid, but I'll enjoy it anyway

Ueda Kana was spectacular as expected, except that she really can't simulate a male's voice at all. Luckily, she doesn't HAVE to from now on Horie Yui was a pleasent suprise. I was ready to hate her, but she mitigated her screechy voice, and I enjoyed her parts. Tamura Yukari was the one who suprised me. Maybe it was because I already liked Tomari a lot, and had a good idea of who she was in my head... but I had trouble with her. Hopefully the voice I've come to know as Midori (Mai HiME) and Nanoha (MSLN) will grow on me as my favorite character from the manga.

I hear Doremi is subbing Kashimashi. Don't let it delay your Mai Otome releases, but Yatta!
Tremalkinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 15:24   Link #74
MeggieMay

Well I've not seen this show but after reading the thread I think I can understand where Mr. Paper is coming from. It sounds to me like Mr Paper just doesn't buy into the plot twist and sees the situation as one where the lead female is using the lead male (who's now a female) and the lead male/female is accepting it because they don't mind being walked over as long as the person they are in love with loves them back.

Seeing that this plot twist is one of the main cornerstones to how this series works, if you don't buy into the ideas being presented here you aren't going to enjoy this show. So Mr Paper jumping ship at this point is probably a good move for him. [BTW, this plot twist sounds to me like the manga writer used a very odd and convulted excuse to justify their lead females lesbianism. Why the manga writer felt they needed to justify it at all seems to make me wonder if the writer realized the fuitility of a hetrosexual male winning over a lesbian female and worked up this idea as a way to get around reality issues that were getting in the way of their Yuri sexual fantasies ]

That said, just because Mr. Paper generally posts in the Gundam Forum doesn't mean he's been guided wrong to check this show out. I also post mainly in the Gundam forum but I thought the series sounded interesting enought read up more on it. Also, seeing how this show is very Yuri, Mr Paper might actually enjoy it on that level more than I would, seeing I'm a female who usually isn't that interested in Yuri to begin with .

Anyway, at this point I'm not sure I want to check this show out or not. However, I may keep reading up on it to see how it progresses and check on the show later if it seems to be progressing well (and at least it doesn't sound like a totally uninteresting plot).
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 15:35   Link #75
madmus
Be my friend

Send a message via MSN to madmus
SUperB ive been waiting for this one ... yay
madmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 15:42   Link #76
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay
Well I've not seen this show but after reading the thread I think I can understand where Mr. Paper is coming from. It sounds to me like Mr Paper just doesn't buy into the plot twist and sees the situation as one where the lead female is using the lead male (who's now a female) and the lead male/female is accepting it because they don't mind being walked over as long as the person they are in love with loves them back.
That's not how the series is at all, but I can see how you'd take those impressions away from the comments thus far in the series. So far from what I've read in this thread, people have a VERY twisted view of Yasuna. I'd encourage you to read the manga and draw your own conclusions about her.

Quote:
BTW, this plot twist sounds to me like the manga writer used a very odd and convulted excuse to justify their lead females lesbianism. Why the manga writer felt they needed to justify it at all seems to make me wonder if the writer realized the fuitility of a hetrosexual male winning over a lesbian female and worked up this idea as a way to get around reality issues that were getting in the way of their Yuri sexual fantasies
Yasuna claims in the show that she's incapable of seeing male's faces, yes. But it's fairly clear that this isn't supposed to be taken literally. The only real evidence we have is (a) her claims and (b) the drawing she made with blank male faces. But It's staggeringly impropable for someone actually being incapable of seeing the features of one gender compared to another.

If Yasuna's 'afflictment' was used as justification for her being a lesbian, I'd heartily agree at it being both unnecessary and silly. But honestly, I enjoyed her explanation in its own right as a facet to her character.

Honestly, the series would work fine if all three people were girls to start with. In fact, Tomari is more masculine than Hasumu could ever hope to be. The only real lasting effect that Hasumu's old gender has on the series is Tomari's angst over her own love, and whether its okay for her feelings to continue.

Quote:
Anyway, at this point I'm not sure I want to check this show out or not. However, I may keep reading up on it to see how it progresses and check on the show later if it seems to be progressing well (and at least it doesn't sound like a totally uninteresting plot).
It sounds like Kashimashi is outside your domain of interest, but you never know. If you come back and enjoy it, yay! It's nicer to wait for a couple episodes to be out anyhow. I seriously doubt this series will ever get licenced, so no worries about it dissapearing from the archives. And I know I'll be sharing it for months.
Tremalkinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 16:49   Link #77
BigPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-chama
YamiBou was based off of a hentai game that was obviously aimed at a male audience though.
And as said in the first post, Kashimashi runs in Dengeki Library, a seinen (young men's) magazine. Romances are quite common in shonen and seinen manga (Ah! My Goddess, for example, runs in the seinen mag Kodansha Afternoon). Some knock them for being less "deep" or "meaningful" than the romances in shoujo or josei manga (and heavier on female fanservice than male), but they definitely exist.

If this were a shoujo or josei manga, 9 chances out of ten it would involve a girl becoming a guy and a guy who couldn't see girl's faces. After all, there's more money in the BL market when trying to make a manga for women than the yuri market, whereas in the yuri market, you're going to aim for the dollars and yen of men. It's just the way the world works. You'll always get men who buy BL/yaoi mangas and women who buy yuri ones, of course, but to get the most money for your effort, you'll put it where it'll get the most response.

Anyhow, I've onl read the first chapter of the manga and now seen the first episode of the show. I think I'm going to keep watching, for a while at least. I was happy with what I saw in the first episode. Good humor, nice looking characters, etc.
BigPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 17:39   Link #78
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
A lesbian romance anime aimed at young men.
Very interesting... I'll definitely have to check this out!
Yuri is always a nice thing to have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
*raise tentacles

I am just here for the hot girl/girl action
Yeah, you betcha!
Yuri action ftw!
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 17:43   Link #79
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
Very interesting... I'll definitely have to check this out!
Yuri is always a nice thing to have!

Yeah, you betcha!
Yuri action ftw!
I am hoping instead of just hot girl/girl action.

We get hot girl/girl/girl action
Old 2006-01-12, 20:17   Link #80
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Wow that Team Tomari is fast beyond fast! XD.

Liked this episode, seems like it's good to the manga and the voice acting is beyond good. Real english to, as an added plus.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, genderbender, romance, seinen, yuri