AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-16, 01:56   Link #1
blkraven

I need sudjestions...

Hello I'm new to animesuki.com and would like to know some really good (hopefully) complete series. but they don't have to be complete.

A friend gave me this web site while i was at college and i have 3 weeks before i have to go back to school. the firewall at school does not allow peer to peer. (curently working on a hack for that) some hacks can be for a good cause . like feeding my anime addiction.

anyway i was looking for some good series that i could download easily without takeing 2 weeks to get it all. like currently im getting 0 to 3kb/s on the gundam ZZ series. when i know its not my router because i downloaded stellvia of the universe at 30 to 120 kb/s.

i would even be willing to give someone my IP so they could send a complete series to me in just a few minutes through a direct IP hook up.

basically i want as much anime (thats worth my time) as i can get in the next 3 weeks.

Please give me some ideas as to what is good in this long assed list of series.

thanks feel free to PM me if you would like to know more or would like to help.

~Raven
Old 2003-12-16, 02:02   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You didn't mention what type of anime you like, so here is a cross-section of the best. Each and every one of these is unique and extraudinary. Please enjoy them.
  • Condor Hero - Think of the best Hong Kong martial arts movie that you've ever seen. This is strong on characterization and drama with some really kick-ass fights thrown in for good measure.
  • Princess Tutu - This is a unique and thoughtful show about fairy tales. It seems sweet and innocent on the outside, but the inside is very dark and rich and deep. Don't let the surface fool you! Note that you have to give this show a few episodes to develop or you might actually think it is simple and uncomplicated, but then the true plot develops...
  • Tenshi na Konamaiki - Some serious gender wierdness, but strangely this isn't a wierd show. This is a romantic comedy whose theme is exploring the underlying differences between men and women. This is fun and romantic and sometimes very insightful. Definetly not a harem show!
  • Human Scramble: Stories about people facing a turning point in their lives. Very realistic and heartwarming. The downside is that only 4 episodes have been subbed so far, but r-b seems serious about getting the rest of the series out in a timely manner. Every episode is self-contained.
  • Detective Academy Q: A really good mystery series with really cool puzzles, good humor and interesting characters. Get the Live-eviL version, I checked them all out before deciding that it's the best. It is in well-seeded 4 episode batches.
  • Piano: Hearwarming story of a teenage girl. There is no real plot, just a slice of her life at an important time in her growing up. Very well done. It consists of just 10 episodes which have all been subbed. Get the batched episodes subbed by Solar.
  • Rumic Theatre: Another anime taking place in the real world. Every episode stands alone with different characters and a different story. It is based upon Rumiko Takahashi's short stories, but doesn't resemble Inu-Yasha at all. If it resembles anything she's done, it is Maison Ikkoku. These stories are funny, but also a bit traumatic, so don't marathon them. Make sure that you spell them out interspersed with other anime. You'll understand why when you watch it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-16, 02:26   Link #3
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Is there a particular genre that you like or you are all-taker

nvthless: here is my list:

bottle fairy If you want something lite-hearted~~ I am suggesting this one~~ It's about four fairies (with totally different personality)"Together, they have misadventures trying to understand the human world, seeking advice from the totally misinformed grade schooler next door."

Spiral If you like Detective showz: this is another great series about solving the mysteries of the cursed blade children

FullMetal Alchemist something magical/dark(i call it) This is a must see series: Alchemy is a scientific magic that only be grant w/ equal trade. Story begins with 2 brother, Eric and Alphonse, they tried to revive their beloved mom, yet human revival is forbidden, hence Eric lost an arm and a leg; Al lost his whole body~~ Hence the two travels to search for methods to revive back to normal~~

Fullmoon wo Sagashite great song, Touchy and Magical~~Another great series: Mitsuki(a 12 year old girl who love to sing) was diagnosed with a malignant tumor of the throat and was told by (shinigami) that she only have a year left to live~~ Yet with the help w/ the two nice (shinigami)'s help, she turned into a 16 year old teenage to search for her dreams ~~

check these out~~

ps. shinigami = death angel ^^
Old 2003-12-16, 02:41   Link #4
blkraven

ok to be honest im not picky at all.

i've watched everything from ebichu to evangelion and liked it all.

hell i even cried in FULL moon wo sagashite.

you just stated pretty much exactly what i was looking for. stuff kind of like a synopsis i guess.

but the one thing i do prefer if that it has a basic story line. (a direction/plot) I like things that i can get into really easily. good char development etc. those are the best in my opinion. But ive also found that the japanese like dramatic endings damnit i want to dude to get the girl in the end every now and then.

i just got finished with stellvia and i liked that series alot, it had direction, lovable chars etc. and it had a good ending. the only downside (but it fit the series so it works for me) is that it had alot of medium grade CGI in it. The CGI was probably the only way they could do it and still keep the series kool. because its all about the ships and technology plus what a person can make it do.

over all i would have to say out of my collection that Evangelion was probably the best done. but in enjoyability i would say Naruto is taking the cake.

I hope this helps with what im looking for.

I want a story thats like a good book, you just can't stop watching it till its done.

~Raven
Old 2003-12-16, 03:12   Link #5
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkraven
But ive also found that the japanese like dramatic endings damnit i want to dude to get the girl in the end every now and then.
Ok... finally you are being honest: you just want romance XD just j/k

hm...

Asagiri no Miko the dude gets the girl~~

edit: plot: Yuze loves Amatsu, her childhood friend, he have a dark secret behind his eye, hence a target of the evil spirts. as the shrine maidens of the Morning Mist, Yuzu Hieda and her sisters carry special powers to banish evil spirits. of course with some help from classmate(they have a Miko Club @ skool ) ^^
Old 2003-12-16, 03:15   Link #6
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

INFINITE RYVIUS - Buy it. Rent it. Watch it somehow. It's my favorite.

Oh, and you might also like Maison Ikkoku. Both are out on DVD right now (though I don't believe they are complete)

*EDIT*

Nevermind. You said you had to download them. I don't support downloading of licensed material so er... whoops! My bad!

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2003-12-16 at 03:26.
Old 2003-12-16, 03:29   Link #7
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That helps me fine tune my recommendation quite a lot. Every one of these has a great well focused story.
  • Condor Hero - Think of the best Hong Kong martial arts movie that you've ever seen. This is strong on characterization and drama with some really kick-ass fights thrown in for good measure. If I was going to liken it to anything in particular I would say that it most resembles "Crouching Tiger, Hiden Dragon."
  • Princess Tutu - This is a unique and thoughtful show about fairy tales. It seems sweet and innocent on the outside, but the inside is very dark and rich and deep. Don't let the surface fool you! Note that you have to give this show a few episodes to develop or you might actually think it is simple and uncomplicated, but then the true plot develops...
  • Tenshi na Konamaiki - Some serious gender wierdness, but strangely this isn't a wierd show. This is a romantic comedy whose theme is exploring the underlying differences between men and women. This is fun and romantic and sometimes very insightful. Definetly not a harem show!
  • Piano: Heartwarming story of a teenage girl. There is no real plot, just the story of her life at an important time in her growing up. Very well done. It consists of just 10 episodes which have all been subbed. Get the batched episodes subbed by Solar.
  • FullMetal Alchemist: Story of how two brothers searching for the ultimate secret of Alchemy, the Philosopher's Stone, find far more than they bargained for. Not much by way of romance unfortunately, but it has a lot of other stuff going on. Get the AnimeForever version. There are a few unfortunate translation errors in the Keep&ANBU version that might confuse you.
  • Mermaid's Forest: A dark and twisted tale about the evils that men might do in quest for immortality. Just when you think you've seen the worst, you'll discover that there are depths yet to be plumbed. This is seriously messed up. Curiously, it is by Rumiko Takahashi, the creator of Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Inu-Yasha and others. It proves that she can create something very serious and deep when she tries.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-18, 13:48   Link #8
blkraven

Thanks guys thats what i needed.

And just in case you are wondering i also buy anime that has been lisenced. I'm not just a guy that downloads cause im a cheap bastard I'm still cheap but i like to buy the high qaulity stuff if i like the anime.

like for instance I have evangelion and about 10 other series in DVD form. But i also have around 250 gigs of anime thats been burned. I'm just looking for more from new sources.

Anyway thanks for your time and effort I will attempt to download as much of these as posable.

Thanks,
~Raven
Old 2003-12-18, 19:10   Link #9
Zoya
Dazed and Confused

Hrmm... I think you may want to check out Scrapped Princess.

On the most basic levels, this is the story of a Princess who was "thrown away" by her father because of a prophecy which states that she will destroy the world. Saying much more than that would really start to give away some major plot elements. The story is plot-driven with great pacing and fun characters. Definately worth a watch.
Old 2003-12-18, 22:50   Link #10
blkraven

thanks guys keep the ideas coming ive got 2 cable modems and 4 computers downloading right now.

getting some crappy download times on some of it but hey its because i cant connect to some of the seeders till the end i think. hmmm still working that part out.
(like gundam ZZ all im getting is about 2 to 7 download kib/s)

i downloaded all of bottle fairies. and plan to watch them soon so please feel free to give me some more sudjestions.

Thanks for your time
~Raven
Old 2003-12-19, 22:54   Link #11
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I would highly recommend Srapped Princess as well.

Get Backers - The story of two guys with special powers who retrieve things. There is lots of exploration into the past history of each character as well as a good mix of action and humor.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime - My current favorite. Dark and mysterious vampire show with excellent music and lots of intrigue.
Closed Thread