031 - 040: Bad... 1 3.13%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Even G.I. Joe made more sense than this crap... 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-03, 02:26   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Naruto Shippuden Episode 201 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Do not vote before the episode has been "released".
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

A Bitter Decision - 苦渋の決断 ~ Kujū no Ketsudan.

Description:
Quote:
Konoha learned that Sasuke now belongs to Akatsuki and fellow batchmate ninjas felt sad about it and relies to Shikamaru for Sakura's consent. Sai told Sakura the reason why Naruto wants to return Sasuke back to Konoha is because Naruto had feelings for Sakura, despite being frustrated and persistent. Sakura realizes that she is the reason why Naruto is hurt and sad and decided to go to the Land of Iron and wants to talk to Naruto. As the Five Kage Summit continues, Lady Mizukage's bodyguard Ao sensed that there is something wrong and used his Byakugan. All of a sudden Ao sensed and shocked that Danzo is using a special Sharingan acquired from Uchiha Shisui, that unawaringly manipulates Mifune. Ao interferes and suddenly white Zetsu appears in front of them telling Sasuke has snuck in the building which makes the Raikage more furious. Meanwhile as Naruto thinks about Sasuke, Madara suddenly appears and wants to talk to him.
Animation Supervisor: Beom-Seok Hong (190, 183) & Tatsuki Takemoto (190, 183)
Storyboard: Shinji Satou (190, 182, 171)
Episode Director: Maki Odaira (190, 183)
Screenplay: Yasuyuki Suzuki (194, 191, 181)

Sprinting Lightning - 疾走る雷 ~ Hashiru Ikazuchi.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-03-10 at 00:11.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 07:17   Link #2
DarkHollowIchigo

First few minutes where emotional, mid piece was talk but good and it got more exciting when one of them found out that Danzo has a sharingan on top of that Akatsuki bounced in, and cherry on top Madara wants to talk to Naruto.

Very good episode, can't wait for the next episode!
Old 2011-03-03, 10:11   Link #3
iBeast

Damn the last portion of the episode was fantastic.

Zetsu is hilarious lol...

"Hellllloooooo"

Best part of the whole episode.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 10:19   Link #4
mrShady

The build up is slow, yet it should be very rewarding in the end.

Zetsu with his psycho voice real sweet, alot better than I had imagined it would be reading the manga.

Upcomming ep should be great.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 10:40   Link #5
Fran~
floating away...

Man... this is just the beggining of the new Naruto (it's so much different from the old Naruto)... i can't wait for the next episode.

Shikamaru's POV is the center of Naruto's plot and i think that we need to keep focus on that to understand this arc.

Pierrot is doing a great job.
Old 2011-03-03, 11:10   Link #6
Glader

Finally something is happening! Can't wait to see the next episode!
Old 2011-03-03, 11:48   Link #7
Kallen4life

the whole 'if Cloud kills Sasuke then Naruto/Sakura and freaking INO (didn't she get over him?) will lose it and omg-war-revenge' is kinda weak .. they should really be able to keep it together (rage and grieve - sure .. go to war on Cloud - lol), Sasuke is an international criminal and has kidnapped Cloud's jinchuriki to submit him to a process which will kill him (the fact that B escaped is a moot point) .. anyway

Zetsu was funny and of course Tobi/Madara makes every second of his screen time awesome .. he has that vibe about him - makes a good villain methinks .. the awesome mask helps too
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 14:05   Link #8
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
the whole 'if Cloud kills Sasuke then Naruto/Sakura and freaking INO (didn't she get over him?) will lose it and omg-war-revenge' is kinda weak .. they should really be able to keep it together (rage and grieve - sure .. go to war on Cloud - lol),
That's something a lot of us think too.... but Shikamaru and Naruto think different, so we can't change their pacifist point of view. That could like us or not, but is a fact. At least Shikamaru understands the need to eliminate Sasuke as sacrifice to keep peace.

Quote:
Sasuke is an international criminal and has kidnapped Cloud's jinchuriki to submit him to a process which will kill him (the fact that B escaped is a moot point) .. anyway
Yeah, a cloud nin kidnapped Hinata, he was killed by Hiashi in self-defense and they get the body of Hisashi... that's criminal too.

I'm not trying to defend the idiot, i'm trying to point out that no Ninja has the moral standard to ask respect. I liked Mizukage's bodyguard speech about he has no right to discuss about implanting an eye... he got it right. Besides he was using the Byakugan for bigger reasons (unveil the 4th Mizukage and now Danzo).

At some point the prophecy is very clear... Naruto will end that cycle of hatred and vengeance. He was very clear when he "spoke" to Sasuke before Madara showed up in his room.
Old 2011-03-03, 14:54   Link #9
Kallen4life

Quote:
Yeah, a cloud nin kidnapped Hinata, he was killed by Hiashi in self-defense and they get the body of Hisashi... that's criminal too.
and yet no war came of it .. why should a war come out of killing Sasuke ?
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-03-03, 15:14   Link #10
FBZ

Send a message via ICQ to FBZ Send a message via AIM to FBZ
the end of the episode was awesome! can't wait for the next episode!
FBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 15:21   Link #11
epyon96

Quote:
Because the Hyuga clan are simply not that popular. Look at how anti-social Neji is. He doesn't have that many fans in the village whereas Sasuke has a number of female fans who will jump his bones. Even the mizukage wants him.

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 16:05   Link #12
Kallen4life

I still have a hard time picturing Ino starting a war over Sasuke

and Naruto & Sakura should've gotten a clue after he tried to kill em

anyway, I agree with Shikamaru about needing to take care of him, because he is, well, their mess .. Konoha's .. just that line of reasoning about Naruto/Sakura/Ino swearing revenge on Cloud for killing Sasuke, akatsuki member (the organisation that wants to capture & kill naruto and then harness the power of all the bijuu) & international criminal - i dunno
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-03-03, 16:09   Link #13
AnbuItachi

pretty obvious he needs to be get rid of. he's a wanted criminal who's done a number of bad things. and seriously theres way too much crying. those 2 girls had a crush on him when they were like 12 yrs old. 3 years have past. they (esp ino) don't want him alive because of the person that he is. they want him alive because they like how he looks.
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 16:54   Link #14
Fran~
floating away...

Don't think so... probably Sakura at first like him because how he looks, but i think she formed a bond with him after risking their life so many times, the same goes for how she sees Naruto.

Quote:
Because Ino, Sakura and Naruto are so dumb that they can go for revenge.
Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji went for revenge after Asuma's death... it's the same. Remember how Ino and Chouji were expecting Shikamaru's plan, but their minds were ready to fight. Kakashi knew that, so he joined them, to protect them i think.

Naruto after Pain's fight probably could manage the anger, but not Sakura, she and Ino would go, get killed and that would be enough to Naruto...

I'm trying to think what ninjas think as the natural chain of events after someone close to you dies no matter if he was "good" or "bad". Remember they were taught in the ninja code.

Revenge is natural for these ninjas.... that's what Naruto must change (according to the prophecy)
Old 2011-03-03, 16:58   Link #15
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
pretty obvious he needs to be get rid of. he's a wanted criminal who's done a number of bad things. and seriously theres way too much crying. those 2 girls had a crush on him when they were like 12 yrs old. 3 years have past. they (esp ino) don't want him alive because of the person that he is. they want him alive because they like how he looks.
Bad things like what? He dealt with two konoha missing nin Orochimaru and Itachi doing more too clean up Konoha's past messes than anyone else has.

As too kidnapping Killabee cloud tried to kidnap two konoha shinobi without war so why shouldn't a konoha shinobi get a chance to kidnap a cloud.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 17:22   Link #16
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
So there is someone quite regular who managed to defeat a Hyuuga and steal one of his eyes. Afterwards he fought Uchiha Shisui who was at Itachi's level and consequentially he survived and he remembered what the active eye looks like. He discovered the manipulation of the 4th Mizukage he said and now he's one loyal servant of the new Mizukage and part of the summit where he discovers that Danzou has Shisui's eye which seemingly is different from all other Sharingan eyes.

Okay...
Old 2011-03-03, 17:55   Link #17
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
So there is someone quite regular...
Regular? This guy is one of the strongest ninjas of the (blood) mist village. That's why he is the bodyguard of the mizukage. There are no regular ninjas at this summit, here are the best of the best.

Quote:
who managed to defeat a Hyuuga and steal one of his eyes. Afterwards he fought Uchiha Shisui who was at Itachi's level and consequentially he survived and he remembered what the active eye looks like. He discovered the manipulation of the 4th Mizukage he said and now he's one loyal servant of the new Mizukage and part of the summit where he discovers that Danzou has Shisui's eye which seemingly is different from all other Sharingan eyes.

Okay...
You assume that he fought those guys alone, but ninjas usually are part of a team. There had to be a medical ninja too, to implant the eye. We don't know the circumstances of his encounter with Shisui, i guess it was not a 1on1, since as Chiyo said if it's 1on1 against the sharingan it's best to escape, but if there's a team then it's much easier to handle the sharingan. You just assume that Shisui was at Itachi's level, but all we know is that he was probably killed by Itachi, but we can assume that there wasn't much of a fight since the suicide story was accepted, so his body or Itachi's body was not badly hurt (if there were signs of a battle then nobody would have believed Itachi's story of the suicide).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 18:19   Link #18
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Regular? This guy is one of the strongest ninjas of the (blood) mist village. That's why he is the bodyguard of the mizukage. There are no regular ninjas at this summit, here are the best of the best.

You assume that he fought those guys alone, but ninjas usually are part of a team. There had to be a medical ninja too, to implant the eye. We don't know the circumstances of his encounter with Shisui, i guess it was not a 1on1, since as Chiyo said if it's 1on1 against the sharingan it's best to escape, but if there's a team then it's much easier to handle the sharingan. You just assume that Shisui was at Itachi's level, but all we know is that he was probably killed by Itachi, but we can assume that there wasn't much of a fight since the suicide story was accepted, so his body or Itachi's body was not badly hurt (if there were signs of a battle then nobody would have believed Itachi's story of the suicide).
Actually, I believe that Danzou was there. The ANBU Black Ops did it, probably in front of Itachi. Shisui had two eyes. Where's the other one?
Old 2011-03-03, 18:31   Link #19
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Actually, I believe that Danzou was there. The ANBU Black Ops did it, probably in front of Itachi. Shisui had two eyes. Where's the other one?
According to Itachi's words one can gain MS by killing his best friend, so Itachi had to kill Shisui himself.
BTW a 12 year old Itachi without MS could kill this Shisui guy without too much of fighting, so i'm not impressed by Shisui (of course compared to the top ninjas, it's not that he was weak). We know that he had a unique ability but nothing else is known.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 18:35   Link #20
Fran~
floating away...

Well... Ao was raised in the village of the bloody mist... so... It wasn't an easy life.

Tags
weekly episode discussion