AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-23, 06:32   Link #1001
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was rushed, but still a pretty enjoyable and amusing episode. That was a fun arc overall, although I expected a bit more of the plot... it remained fairly trivial, which in the end is fine, I guess.

I absolutely loved Itou Shizuka's performance, she was perfect from beginning to end, I'm sure she's a huge part of the reason why I liked Haruka so much. Hard to say if she'll remain my favorite heroine (in fact, I doubt it), but I'm sure she'll still be up there at the series.

Now, on to the sex hair!

Oh my god <3
Old 2010-07-23, 06:43   Link #1002
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
They will. Even if Junichi fails to do so, there's still the wind to do the job for us.

Btw to add, my physical attractiveness rank will be something like...

Hair > face = body stature > attitude

To explain the hair part

Shoulder length curl > Long curl > long straight > other type of hair.

That means my list would be something like this.

Kaoru > Haruka > Ayatsuji > other girls.
Well we were talking mostly about facial composure rather than body in general but even with bodies in the game I do not think my 'chart' would change much.

For me Haruka still tops Kaoru and Ai Ayatsuji because her face is sharper (Ayatsuji's lines lack of that to make her more handsome and makes her more plain looking instead, Rihoko isnt so bad - she is chubby but it is also interestiung and her bit messy hair gives a carefree personality so I think she works fine in the line with Ayatsukji...

The only of the girls whom I find to be severely lacking in terms of looks AND personality so far is Sae. In fact when I first saw Amagami anime heroine list the first question that popped in my head was why the hell did they make Sae a heroine and give her 4 episodes that could have been well used to increase by one episode other much more interesting heroines arc (4+2 would have been enough to make it a 5 episode for each girl and either one omake episode or extend Ayatsuji's arc to 6 episodes because Ayatsuji's arc is more complex than any of the other girls).

When I heard of Amagami animation then the first faces that popped in my head were Ayatsuji's, Ai's, Kaoru's and Haruka's... With some additional thinking i could recall Rihoko, but not Sae...

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-07-23 at 07:04.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 07:03   Link #1003
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh my god <3
Production is looking pretty damn good for that sexy messy hair of hers in that preview, so i'm all pumped. Seriously can't wait for next weeks episode.

I'm expecting plenty of new fans for the messy hair to appear next week!
Old 2010-07-23, 07:06   Link #1004
Wrath88
Kissing...

The sudden Haruka personality switch was a bit hard to take, but it's kind of nice to watch. As for the past encounter, that seemed a little too convenient
Old 2010-07-23, 07:59   Link #1005
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up Episode 4

Guess I missed the party of arguments. Well my main question is based on on this=>
Did Haruka really want to have sex right at the hotel or not? I mean I know she can be a tease and all but other than that part the one with the bath towel looked to me like it happened. Have to say my heart raced if it was going to happen and that's what good romance is sometimes about with IRL dramas on TV (well some). Well since I am Christian I will assume whether they did it there or not did not matter.....since they got married here =>
Spoiler:
so it's all good. Just wished they made it more like Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (just the serious sex part with Takayuki and Haruka) Like the towel falling and them getting on the bed....heck could have been a little like Aki Sora but maybe that's pushing it too much......you know since the Sim was considered pure why not make it a little more ecchi (serious not fan service). Maybe I am expressing myself wrong since I am French but you know what I hope you know what I mean. Some other impressions.....so Morishima has a C cup? here well it was well detailed down to color tone=>
Spoiler:
Very impressive scenery here...really astonishing=>
Spoiler:
Wow, did not know you can fool a love compatibility machine by changing letters here=>
Spoiler:
BTW is this stuff only in Japan? Did not see any around my area around Marseille Nice handbag and details of it=>
Spoiler:
I swear this part made me think of Bacano's couple Miria x Isaac somehow=>
Spoiler:
Is this true or just game of Haruka with her name? Kind hard to see for me if she was fooling around or was true here=>
Spoiler:
Ok that explains why her English like "Let's go go go" or "Wow" liked the explanation. Oh nice! Dog spirit brings couple together=>
Spoiler:
No seriously I though it was lovely and original. Not being at all The answer should have been YES! Here=>
Spoiler:
Awwwww, I wish I had kept my innocence like Junichi like that....now I feel when I think about it. Anyways those some of my impressions on some parts of this episode.......Overall.......for this arc a excellent 10/10 but I have to see Sae's and Rihoko's arc as well as other ones to see which will really be my favorite. Since I read the mangas curious to see Ayatsuji's arc.....You can all PM to spoil me about it from the game and I don't mind that (Mentar maybe?). BTW #2......Junichi is not a real detective right? He was just playing around....or was is he? Don't see him really the type to become one really.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 08:07   Link #1006
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
So we are moveing to the next arc .. i kinda wanted to see more of these one ,and the 10 years jump in the future seemed .. so straight .
Old 2010-07-23, 08:18   Link #1007
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Yep... Actually Morishima Haruka did mentioned her name as Morishima Lovely Haruka. The scene at the arcade is just the same in the game. The game only adds one more line by Haruka "Japanese names don't have middle names that's why my name is Morishima Haruka".

Since haruka's arc has already reach its conclusion hence a spoiler won't hurt here, I guess.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-23, 08:21   Link #1008
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
@sgwc

Oh is that so? Than i guess i cant complain about these arc's ending
Old 2010-07-23, 08:22   Link #1009
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post

Guess I missed the party of arguments.
Did Haruka really want to have sex right at the hotel or not? I mean I know she can be a tease and all but other than that part the one with the bath towel looked to me like it happened.
Hmm.... it's the first relationship for both of them, isn't it? I'm gonna guess...no.

Quote:
Just wished they made it more like Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (just the serious sex part with Takayuki and Haruka)

Oh, man it was just painful when poor Mitsuki went off the edge. Then the ending wasn't enough to make up for it. I'm not watching the show ever again.

Quote:
Very impressive scenery here...really astonishing
Yeah, the slowmoving clouds were nice.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 08:36   Link #1010
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwc View Post
Yep... Actually Morishima Haruka did mentioned her name as Morishima Lovely Haruka. The scene at the arcade is just the same in the game. The game only adds one more line by Haruka "Japanese names don't have middle names that's why my name is Morishima Haruka".

Since haruka's arc has already reach its conclusion hence a spoiler won't hurt here, I guess.
Spoiler:
Ok so I guess he really does become a detective but still I am at that because his personality with the way he was acting was so not detective like unless we are talking about the sneaking part.
BTW made these GIFs quickly based on the first pics when talking about episode 4 started but will make the rest after some farming chores. Here they are link only because they are big:
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/d685e305.gif
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/768e0aba.gif
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/97ed1a6a.gif
rest on BLOG when I do them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Hmm.... it's the first relationship for both of them, isn't it? I'm gonna guess...no.
Well that's nice to know.....I wished I kept mines....oh well.
Quote:
Oh, man it was just painful when poor Mitsuki went off the edge. Then the ending wasn't enough to make up for it. I'm not watching the show ever again.
Yeah....I got drunk over all of it while seeing end of episode 2.....damn the rest was just here and there and
Quote:
Yeah, the slow moving clouds were nice.
I found it more nice the sun and light around it.
Old 2010-07-23, 08:37   Link #1011
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Guess I missed the party of arguments. Well my main question is based on on this=>
Spoiler for Image:

Did Haruka really want to have sex right at the hotel or not? I mean I know she can be a tease and all but other than that part the one with the bath towel looked to me like it happened. Have to say my heart raced if it was going to happen and that's what good romance is sometimes about with IRL dramas on TV (well some). Well since I am Christian I will assume whether they did it there or not did not matter.....since they got married here =>
I don't think Haruka had any intent on having sex with him. She just wanted to put him in a position where she can confirm his feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
That badge you saw?

It's real.
I thought it was a prop he brought home. They said he wasn't a detective. Maybe he was a street cop or something.

Quote:
I'm slightly disappointed...... that there wasn't a voice calling out 'Nii nii!' from somewhere in their house.

Then I can spend the rest of my day imagining what kind of roleplaying three people can get up to...

@dragozero's kaoru pic: Wow, Kaoru gives Junichi a LOT of dai-service, it seems
Yeah, I bet you would have liked that fantasy, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
So 10 years after, junichi -> police detective, hibiki -> doctor, Haruka -> housewife...

I wonder why they do not show any kids.

Would they do a time skip for the next arc?
No kids because they still LOOK like kids. They really could have made them look more mature, I mean it's 10 years later, right?
Old 2010-07-23, 08:47   Link #1012
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Did Haruka really want to have sex right at the hotel or not? I mean I know she can be a tease and all but other than that part the one with the bath towel looked to me like it happened.
I'm pretty sure that her hotel ploy was intentional ... come on, she said she wanted him to peek. He already got enough eyefuls of her in the swimming pool, so she didn't merely want to flaunt her assets, she rather wanted to take things to the next level. Likewise, the grandparents story was bogus also.

So, if you think that after booking a room in an expensive hotel, a tearful confession and a hug and kiss with Haruka wrapped in a towel they went "Okay, I'm glad that I know your feelings now, so I'll put on my clothes again", be my guest ^_^; ... I can say that if you go this far, you don't want to stop.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 08:51   Link #1013
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
She remains mysterious until the end. Is she really naive or is she secretly cunning?

I do agree it's rushed and the sudden personality change is a bit hard to swallow.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 08:52   Link #1014
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'm pretty sure that her hotel ploy was intentional ... come on, she said she wanted him to peek. He already got enough eyefuls of her in the swimming pool, so she didn't merely want to flaunt her assets, she rather wanted to take things to the next level. Likewise, the grandparents story was bogus also.

So, if you think that after booking a room in an expensive hotel, a tearful confession and a hug and kiss with Haruka wrapped in a towel they went "Okay, I'm glad that I know your feelings now, so I'll put on my clothes again", be my guest ^_^; ... I can say that if you go this far, you don't want to stop.
I could totally see her doing just that and leave the guy hanging. I do like how they left it up to the viewer to decide what happened, as do other series.
Old 2010-07-23, 08:57   Link #1015
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I could totally see her doing just that and leave the guy hanging. I do like how they left it up to the viewer to decide what happened, as do other series.
Why the heck would she want to leave Junichi hanging? She isn't there to tease him. This girl WANTED him to peek on her. She is crying because she is _afraid_ that he might not really love her anymore. She was waiting for a chance to officially _accept_ on the third confession.

In this emotional state, you WANT to go further. I sure did in comparable situations. And Haruka most definitely isn't the c*ckblocking prudish type ^_^ ... so stopping, dressing and walking out may not be impossible, but extremely unlikely, IMHO.
Old 2010-07-23, 09:00   Link #1016
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

They weren't there alone in a room to play card game. Its obvious everyone knows the answer to the infamous question "what do you think a boy and a girl will do when they're alone in a room".
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 09:03   Link #1017
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
They weren't there alone in a room to play card game. Its obvious everyone knows the answer to the infamous question "what do you think a boy and a girl will do when they're alone in a room".
Well, let me rephrase the question a bit.

"What do you think a boy and a girl will do when they're alone on christmas in a rented hotel room while the girl is draped in merely a towel after a tearful confession was just mutually accepted and sealed with a kiss?"

^_^;

I'm a practicing christian too, but I've got to admit that I find the purity of some people quite remarkable.
Old 2010-07-23, 09:11   Link #1018
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

"What do you think a boy and a girl will do when they're alone on christmas in a rented hotel room while the girl is draped in merely a towel after a tearful confession was just mutually accepted and sealed with a kiss?"

^_^;

I'm a practicing christian too, but I've got to admit that I find the purity of some people quite remarkable.
I said I could see her doing that, not that's what I think happened. However, as I think about it, I see the old, episode two or three, Haruka doing that. She has changed a lot so I don't think episode four Haruka would do that. She may if the situation was different, but she was totally serious and opened her heart to the guy.
Old 2010-07-23, 09:13   Link #1019
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Why the heck would she want to leave Junichi hanging? She isn't there to tease him. This girl WANTED him to peek on her. She is crying because she is _afraid_ that he might not really love her anymore. She was waiting for a chance to officially _accept_ on the third confession.

In this emotional state, you WANT to go further. I sure did in comparable situations. And Haruka most definitely isn't the c*ckblocking prudish type ^_^ ... so stopping, dressing and walking out may not be impossible, but extremely unlikely, IMHO.

Yeah, there's no way in hell a guy wouldn't want to continue; it all depended on Haruka's mindset.
I'm still going with no, not all the way.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 09:35   Link #1020
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
I though the whole grandparents story was bogus too but she must be rich to just get a hotel suit like that...logically maybe the grand parents did get delayed.
Quote:
I though so too but Haruka does look like the slutty type at all so the feeling confirmation as mentioned earlier on as a answer to my question was the best answer. Also Junichi looked perverted but he controlled himself. That's quite spectacular considering all the perverted characters in other animes. I partially agree with you but somethings are still debatable....will leave it at that..... good part still stands at the marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't think Haruka had any intent on having sex with him. She just wanted to put him in a position where she can confirm his feelings.
exactly what I was mentioning to Mentar about.

Quote:

"What do you think a boy and a girl will do when they're alone on Christmas in a rented hotel room while the girl is draped in merely a towel after a tearful confession was just mutually accepted and sealed with a kiss?"

^_^;

Same here with the Christian thing except I won't get in the debate other than they married in the end and it was all good. In other words he took her virginity and took responsibility for it....unlike me. Well at least I confessed to the priest and will leave it that.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen