AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 12 20.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 39.66%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 25.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-28, 21:33   Link #21
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
go download it, the Feili bit more then makes up for it
You're right. Just watch it and man it's filled with Felli's goodness,

Spoiler:

<3 Felli. XD

And yes, confirmed that Fon-fon is overpowered within Zuellni,

Spoiler:

But this is also right,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious
If your grasp of JP isn't strong, I'd wait for subs. There's some fighting, and some slapstick, but lots of talking that's pretty heavy, too, and that will frustrate you.
The episode was dialogue heavy, referring to city, mines, Layfon as a Heaven Blade and the rest of them. Damn subs I beg you please come soon......
Old 2009-02-28, 21:55   Link #22
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
The episode was dialogue heavy, referring to city, mines, Layfon as a Heaven Blade and the rest of them. Damn subs I beg you please come soon......
lol, I warned you. I'm surprised more of you don't just bite the bullet and start 勉強ing some 日本語. It gives you an instant excuse for watching RAWs-- "It's language practice."

I guess the Zettai Ryouki effect is more powerful than the stuff that burned Fon-Fon's face in ep 5... the cities must use some sort of an enhanced ZR field to keep the pollution and acid out as well.
Old 2009-02-28, 22:15   Link #23
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

lulz@ the so called "hug"
Old 2009-02-28, 22:35   Link #24
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I just realized that during the battle with the 5th Platoon (Gorneo's platoon), there are many Layfons. Is that his another ability or something? o_o

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-02-28 at 22:35. Reason: sorry typo
Old 2009-02-28, 22:37   Link #25
TrueKnight

Quote:
lol, I warned you. I'm surprised more of you don't just bite the bullet and start 勉強ing some 日本語. It gives you an instant excuse for watching RAWs-- "It's language practice."
I'd do that if I'm still at college and if not having around 14 hours of working hours or so a day and had to maintain of clients' expectations which include travel overseas. Well, I've also advised and work with some japanese clients but heck they also speak english so my chance of learning is slim.

I'm learning Japanase more from subs lol but I see where you're getting at.
Old 2009-02-28, 23:10   Link #26
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
haha yea I noticed that too, but then girls will be girls. Be it freezing cold temps, blizzards, acidic erodding enviroment, fighting big ass monsters, they will always always want to look the part no matter what
I'm not sure for Nina,but for Felli,its the FRILLS that protect her from the environment.

Its the FRILLS yooo..

Oh man i just love Felli in that training/battle outfit...
Old 2009-02-28, 23:15   Link #27
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred
Oh man i just love Felli in that training/battle outfit...
It was made to please us Felli fans. If only Fon-fon realizes the frills' appeal and start hunting her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin
I just realized that during the battle with the 5th Platoon (Gorneo's platoon), there are many Layfons. Is that his another ability or something? o_o
I'm guessing it's something to do with a Heaven Blade's kei or their training, you see,

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-28, 23:23   Link #28
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
It was made to please us Felli fans. If only Fon-fon realizes the frills' appeal and start hunting her.
But apparently he doesn't. Ufufufu.

Quote:
I'm guessing it's something to do with a Heaven Blade's kei or their training, you see,

Spoiler:
Just how much of a gamebreaking character Layfon is (in Zuellni)... as if his kei and fighting weren't enough
Old 2009-03-01, 00:05   Link #29
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Quote:
I'd do that if I'm still at college and if not having around 14 hours of working hours or so a day and had to maintain of clients' expectations which include travel overseas. Well, I've also advised and work with some japanese clients but heck they also speak english so my chance of learning is slim.

I work too, you know. It's not hard to self-study if you're smart about it. It's more about having the right tools and resources at hand, and knowing how to use them efficiently. Study smart, not hard. Anki + iPhone FTW.

As for the Fon-Fon shadow copies, is anyone really surprised that he can do that? That's like the first thing an uber anime hero learns, right? That and how to get the hair so it looks like an electrocuted haystack that still manages to flop down over one (or both) eye(s). (Oh, and the yelling. They have to learn the yelling.)
Old 2009-03-01, 00:06   Link #30
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
I work too, you know. It's not hard to self-study if you're smart about it. It's more about having the right tools and resources at hand, and knowing how to use them efficiently. Study smart, not hard. Anki + iPhone FTW.

As for the Fon-Fon shadow copies, is anyone really surprised that he can do that? That's like the first thing an uber anime hero learns, right? That and how to get the hair so it looks like an electrocuted haystack that still manages to flop down over one (or both) eye(s). (Oh, and the yelling. They have to learn the yelling.)

you left out going blond without chemicals.
Old 2009-03-01, 00:12   Link #31
Guppy

I'm pretty sure what Gorneo said to Layfon was something like,
Spoiler for ep. 8:
As for Nina and Layfon's talk about victory, I understood it as something like this:
Spoiler for ep. 8:

Last edited by Guppy; 2009-03-01 at 00:23.
Old 2009-03-01, 00:28   Link #32
TrueKnight

Quote:
I work too, you know. It's not hard to self-study if you're smart about it.
Dude that's the point I've been learning japanese basically from anime with subs.

Quote:
Quote:
t's more about having the right tools and resources at hand, and knowing how to use them efficiently. Study smart, not hard. Anki + iPhone FTW
Well I thought what you you meant by learning is by taking classes or stuff which I don't have the liberty on doing that. And I have the iPhone but not the anki lol maybe I'll put that in my blackberry.
Old 2009-03-01, 02:21   Link #33
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Hrm ep 8 was interesting, but yeah, some important dialogue. That 'hug' scene could have been easily misconstrued as well, haha, as can be seen from one of the screenshots I captured. XD

And I agree with Guppy's translations. Wonder what Gornio (Goruneo) meant, exactly, by that...hopefully they tell us in ep 9 like they say they're gonna, heh.
Old 2009-03-01, 02:31   Link #34
zibi88

Well learning japanese from anime is not called learning in full name ^^ since you learn only understand little by little their sentences of talk... but you wont learn how to read Kanji and stuff like that ^^

Personaly I was watching many animes and little by little started to understand what they are talking about (at least if the sentences have words that I know ^^)..... offcourse first I watch 1-2 times a RAW episode and try to see if I understand what are they talking about..... then I watch raw with subs to confirm if I was right ^^

Episode was good and I wonder what was the grudge agains Layfon..... I kinda think that Layfon defeated Gorneo in a match of heaven-blade....even when he tryed he lost.... and later he learns that he lost with someone who does not posses honour or pride of beign a HB..... maybe that's hurt him..... since his brother is a HB and he is now thx to Layfon.... next episode will show

But I heared in Sovarius [cant recall his name ^^ but the long-silver haired guys from ep1] words the mentioned Layfons name... so I wonder when they will decide to go to Zuelii.......but ehhh that queen pervered sexual molester scenes are starting to annoy me..... I hope that someday Leerin will say "Stop it... I hate you..." so the queen will stop it to regain her trust

Next epiosde I think that Leerin will be attacked by a monster and both HB will protect her.... maybe after that incident Leerin will decide to go to Zueli to Layfon... since here in Grendan is not safe for her..... the same we will see Layfons past.... maybe ther truth will crush Nina's self-thinking and start to better understand under what weight Layfon is liveing...
Old 2009-03-01, 03:15   Link #35
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
I'm pretty sure what Gorneo said to Layfon was something like,
Spoiler for ep. 8:
hmm, l wonder where he got such information, layfon should beat his ass!

blushing leerin was so
Old 2009-03-01, 03:45   Link #36
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88
Next epiosde I think that Leerin will be attacked by a monster and both HB will protect her.... maybe after that incident Leerin will decide to go to Zueli to Layfon... since here in Grendan is not safe for her
She's got the queen and 2 heaven blades already guarding her so nah she needn't to come to Zuellni.........j/k I also want her to come to fuel the harem competition haha.

For next ep Felli related,

Spoiler:

Damn judging from the spoilers from all of you seems like Layfon's past as a heaven blade (tenken?) is more than what we've seen. Cant wait for subs.

EDIT: btw ep 9 pics are out in the website zibi88 posted, mmmm,

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-01, 04:57   Link #37
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
hmm, l wonder where he got such information, layfon should beat his ass!
Errr...because he and the white-haired guy in Grendan are actually...brothers?

There's no reason why Gorneo shouldn't know about Layfon. After all, Layfon did work, for some time, with the elder brother, Savaris.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-03-01 at 07:13.
Old 2009-03-01, 07:02   Link #38
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Ok...in next ep we learn about the Layfon's past(especially why he left Grendan)...and of course we got some fan service too:P.(judging from the pictures)
Old 2009-03-01, 08:36   Link #39
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-03-01, 09:58   Link #40
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Actually, I wasn't implying that you should learn Japanese solely from anime (because then you'd wind up sounding like an idiot), it's just an excuse to watch it if you want to. It's just a nice side benefit to be able to watch RAWs and get a general idea of what's going on without having to wait for subs. Same goes for manga and LNs. You're no longer a victim of EN-language publishers who are slow, overcharge, and whose translations sometimes just plain suck. Same goes for scans if you roll that way, I guess. (Except for the overcharge part.)

Guess I need to say something about the episode to stay on-topic... uh... uh... yeah... nice frills. Fear the power of the ZR field.
Closed Thread