Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-23, 11:01   Link #841
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Now that's it has been completed, here's my reactions on each episodes

Spoiler:

As predicted.. Mio won't die.. This anime is just too lighthearted for that~ amidst a freaking WAR going on~~~ Imagine if someone were to die it'll be like "WHAT? What was that all about?"

Actually i think it's better. You started happy and cheerful, you should end in that way.... forget the war story. Strike Witches was never about a war story anyway. It's about flying skirtless Loliplanes who love each other~

All in All..... I'll give this season 6.8 out of 10 (The first season for me is like 7 out of 10..)

It's because this season seem to be even more lighthearted than Strike Witches 1... Takamura Kazuhiro nailed it after all...

or maybe the episodes were just too scattered.. like in the case of Episode 8. Yoshika's Kyushu Shinden upgrade was a serious one then the next episode, they were in a silly treasure hunt...

I dunno.. I had a taste of the Misfit Squadron Novels, it seems to have a very different feel than the Anime.. (or maybe because it was text based..) Hope it's translations continue.. or better yet get licensed for publishing which i'd gladly buy..

imo, this anime didn't realized it's potential... It seems to be a unique way to express a war romance. Imagine, girls who were like the weapon systems themselves LITERALLY, not the ones riding it...

Instead, Strike Witches focused on being under a genre that so popular already.... Moe Fanservice..

Perhaps I'm just expecting WAAAY TOO MUCH from this Anime series..

Anyways.... remember Yoshika said it was the Neuroi IN ROMAGNA that was defeated.. It probably means that there are still neuroi hives in other parts of the world. So a continuation.. whether about the 501st (might have a slim chance though..), the 502nd (the "Break" Witches yay~) or the 504th (Redpants^) could be possible..

Sorry for my senseless wall-o-text but those are my though on SW2. ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Anyway who is the Sanya-lookalike with Marsielle?
Raisa Pottgen Hanna's wingman...

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-09-24 at 10:19.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 18:49   Link #842
Dahak86
Classics never age

OVA?

Spoiler for size:
is that the new installment?
(please, someone translate the text in the lower right, oh pls!)
Old 2010-09-23, 19:35   Link #843
Qikz

Text is far too low quality for me to even try D:
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 20:13   Link #844
Key Board
Carbon

Theoretically, there's material for two more seasons

Season 1 liberated Gallia (France)
Season 2 liberated Venezia (Italy)

Orussia (Rusia) and Karlsland (Germany) are still under occupation with Karlsland being the central base of all Neuroi activity
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 21:09   Link #845
ElizLestrad

A season taking place in Karlsland would be epic to say the least. And it would be a perfect excuse to bring back Minna, Trude, and Hartmann. Though Russia would be awsome too since it would hint at more Eila/Sanya goodness. Such a hard decision....

But by your notes, that would hint at:

Season 3: Orussia
Season 4: Karlsland

But again thats wishful thinking until some formal announcement. Honestly though since they managed to have an excuse to bring back the 501st in a season 2 (and really, what were the odds), I forsee them continuing with the 501st since the Anime is really about them. Not to say they wouldnt have an excuse to bring in more witches since the list seems to be pretty long...well at the very least 2 if they dont find some way to have Mio and Miyafuji regain their powers.

However, given the last two places where Neuroi are, that would indicate (to me) the following:

502 - "Brave Witches", Defense and recovery of Orussia and Karlsland

And looking at the list of characters it wouldnt be that bad a group. The other cool thing about doing a season involving the liberation of Karlsland is:

http://strikewitches.wikia.com/wiki/Adolfine_Galland

I mean, she just looks awsome...

*Depressed sigh* I just dont know what else their is to do now.......need more Strike Witches....

Last edited by ElizLestrad; 2010-09-23 at 21:29.
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 21:16   Link #846
Midonin
Last Engage

Did anyone besides myself watch the behind-the-scenes videos posted at Crunchyroll, hosted by Mie Sonozaki? There were some brief shots of a scene from ep 11 being recorded, and a small chat with the Sound Director. Apparently that laugh that Gertrude did in the pink dress fantasy was ad-libbed. Behind the scenes stuff is always of interest to me - puts a face on the show beyond what we see.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 22:07   Link #847
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow great ending cant wait tell the dubbed dvd comes out
Old 2010-09-24, 01:24   Link #848
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

It appears that I too would be lonely without the lack of Strike Witches, (especially Lynne-chan. Anyway, here are my thoughts of this season.

Spoiler for Overall thoughts on Strike Witches 2:
Overall, I expected this season to take the elements that made the first season great and make them better. While it didn't really exceed my expectations, I still found season 2 enjoyable.

Overall score - 7/10 yet I want to give this an 8/10.

Now to wait for the R1 DVDs and for more to come.
Jof12788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 02:13   Link #849
arkxkra
全力全開

It is too bad that Mio and Miyafuji no more power, if continue season 3 it is high chance to talk about different team!? I hope it will be the same team if there is season 3 .
Old 2010-09-24, 02:26   Link #850
tsunade666

I doubt that Miyafuji's lost of power would be permanent. I think it's just exhausted and if their would be Season 3. Yoshika would surely be back.
Old 2010-09-24, 03:27   Link #851
Siegel Clyne

Minna Dietlinde Wilcke = Miqo'te

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I was actually hinting the need for more yuri in the series. So if you are a girl....that's fine.

Wished Minna and Mio went the Eila x Sanya style of harder and more open love for each other. Oh wait, that is already covered in a certain episode :

Are you hinting at wincest? Pervert!

P.S
If we keep talking about Minna I am gonna name my FFXIV Miquote after her!

P.P.S What Minna needs is a ponytail on her hair.
Tanaka Rie is Minna's voice in Japanese and Miqo'te's Voice 2 regardless of language.

FFXIV - More Miqo'te emotes

Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 04:16   Link #852
SanyaChan

Strike witches 2 ended great ;D not much to complain for since sanya spoke alot more then S1 XD and not to mention godly episode 6 !
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 08:14   Link #853
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
That was a great ending but this can't be the end. I'm going to miss the Witches.

*cross fingers there will be a s3 with the same cast*
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 12:16   Link #854
hai_san

The Last episode was great. It shows that the makers arent just a bunch of old perverts which like schoolgirls in their panties Storywise Season 2 was a bit weaker than season 1 but far more "fanservices" than 1. I already thought there will be a battle against the Yamato again... like season 1 but it was way better than season 1 Final Fight. A litte bit to much "cliche", with drawing the sword and "become one with the striker" but the execution of the fight was epic!

Overall i would rate Season 7/10 with the 12 ep 10/10.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 12:49   Link #855
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Tanaka Rie is Minna's voice in Japanese and Miqo'te's Voice 2 regardless of language.

<snip>
I already made a character of her, with the same name as one of her recent characters in a console game.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 12:51   Link #856
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Interesting last episode. Not as much "teamwork" as the first season's with Miyafuji soloing the big Neuroi core. She Strike Freedom's the big bad, FFS. Though it is a fairly conclusive end. Nice little fanservice at the end showing the 502nd.

Overall it was an okay second season. Nice that we got all the witches back together but I don't feel they utilized the entire cast enough. Was still fun to watch.

"War... War never changes."

"But occasionally, it ends."

I guess the future of Strike Witches is up in the air. I'd like to see the series go in a different direction, like the stuff in Africa or take on the Manhattan Project/ushering in the atomic age. But since this is a Japanese series I doubt they can ever make a direct reference to it, plus there isn't much of an arms race going on between nations. Common enemy, I guess.

Last edited by fict_ticious; 2010-09-24 at 13:22.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 13:28   Link #857
ElizLestrad

You know thinking about the pairings throughout the series I cant help but feel some sympathy for Perrine. After all:

Minna + Mio
Miyafuji + Lynn
Lucchini + Yeager
Hartmann + Barkhorn
Eila + Sanya
Perrine + ..........

Then again we can always go Perrine + Neuroi-chan as a "consolation prize" LoL.

And after watching the final episode again I noticed a bit of what I think to be forshadowing:

Spoiler:
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 13:30   Link #858
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizLestrad View Post
You know thinking about the pairings throughout the series I cant help but feel some sympathy for Perrine. After all:

Minna + Mio
Miyafuji + Lynn
Lucchini + Yeager
Hartmann + Barkhorn
Eila + Sanya
Perrine + ..........

Then again we can always go Perrine + Neuroi-chan as a "consolation prize" LoL.
Perrine + Lynn + Miyafuji. There is always room for a threesome!

*RUNS*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 16:15   Link #859
testtesttest

Manhattan Project is episode 8.

FatMan vs YAMATO
testtesttest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 17:16   Link #860
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I hope they don't switch to 504. The characters look very boring.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume