Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-05-24, 07:45   Link #161
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ranka, Sheryl, Nanase...

I get yuri vibes from these girls.

If Sheryl is right Nanase likes Alto too. But Nanase likes Ranka also.

Ranka both likes Alto and Sheryl.

Sheryl was hitting on Ranka in the third ep, now she's bugging Alto.

Not your typical harem I must say.
More like bang buddies...

Also...threesomes the best way to solve a love triangle...
Old 2008-05-26, 21:50   Link #162
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
More like bang buddies...

Also...threesomes the best way to solve a love triangle...
agreed
but did Luca owned nanase?

I curious that they allow poligamy there. or is poligamy legal on macross world? in my country poligamy is legal but hmm having two chiks on your shoulder is a great way to messed up your life (especially 'THAT PART'). its look like Alto need more Aphrodisiac

Believe me it totally messed up
Old 2008-05-29, 06:56   Link #163
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
What's the song that plays (during the scrolling credits) after the preview at the end?
Old 2008-05-29, 08:22   Link #164
Liingo
Love Hina?

^Are you referring to the song that Shinsen has in it's sub which plays during their translation of all the ending credits?

I'm not too sure about the other episodes, as I've only got episode 5 from Shinsen but that song is "Voices" and it's from Macross Plus.
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 05:30   Link #165
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Yes, that one. Thank you for clarifying.
Old 2008-05-30, 15:29   Link #166
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

I got a macross question in the first TV series whos the guy with the solid black eyes that appers to be the lead scientist?
only 5 eps in and I have completely forgot the dub =0-o=

just asking because there should be no alien contact before the zentradi.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 23:02   Link #167
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
I got a macross question in the first TV series whos the guy with the solid black eyes that appers to be the lead scientist?
only 5 eps in and I have completely forgot the dub =0-o=

just asking because there should be no alien contact before the zentradi.
He was the chief engineer aboard SDF-1, appearing in episodes 5 and 6, and he was never given a name in SDF Macross. The engineer is completely human, but he was drawn a little differently because he was just a background character. In Robotech, his name is Emil Lang, and he is a much more prominent figure in that story.
Old 2008-05-30, 23:58   Link #168
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
He was the chief engineer aboard SDF-1, appearing in episodes 5 and 6, and he was never given a name in SDF Macross. The engineer is completely human, but he was drawn a little differently because he was just a background character. In Robotech, his name is Emil Lang, and he is a much more prominent figure in that story.
since frontier the solid black eyes I notice more just wonder if there was anything to it.
Old 2008-05-31, 04:04   Link #169
ipernorris

What is the name of the Star Republic home planet?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 04:16   Link #170
ReddyRedWolf

Nobody knows where exactly the Protoculture originated.
Just that they developed their science to intersteallar travel (space fold) and established a Stellar Republic which eventually ended due to civil war.

There are three humanoid races that owes its existence to the Protoculture.

Humans, Zentradi and Zolans.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 04:42   Link #171
glyph

Quote:
Nobody knows where exactly the Protoculture originated.
Just that they developed their science to intersteallar travel (space fold) and established a Stellar Republic which eventually ended due to civil war.

There are three humanoid races that owes its existence to the Protoculture.

Humans, Zentradi and Zolans.
There is a planet Zola, but are there actually native Zolans or just Zentradi settlers? As far as I can remember, the only thing different about them was the pronounced elfy ears, which is now confirmed to be a Zentradi trait.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 06:00   Link #172
ReddyRedWolf

Each Zolan has a Zolan snake look at the Macross Universe thread for more info.
Old 2008-05-31, 16:50   Link #173
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
There is a planet Zola, but are there actually native Zolans or just Zentradi settlers? As far as I can remember, the only thing different about them was the pronounced elfy ears, which is now confirmed to be a Zentradi trait.
Zolan's are like humans.

They have evidence of Protoculture "modification" as to what these might be, is never discussed fully as in the same way it is for humans.

Only that the Zolans were left to develop on their own until they were contacted by the New UN commonwealth.

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2008-06-01 at 04:19.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 00:23   Link #174
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
agreed
but did Luca owned nanase?

I curious that they allow poligamy there. or is poligamy legal on macross world? in my country poligamy is legal but hmm having two chiks on your shoulder is a great way to messed up your life (especially 'THAT PART'). its look like Alto need more Aphrodisiac

Believe me it totally messed up
think of a culture that needs new generations to explore the universe and with the earth gone, the best way to produce more children is poligamy, imo
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 00:32   Link #175
ReddyRedWolf

Earth is around though severly depopulated by genocide and migration.

But now look at all the defense satellites and warships around it.

It also has a unar colony and a Zentradi orbital factory.
Old 2008-06-01, 07:18   Link #176
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not sure people in a tin can floating in space are looking for a demographic explosion, though.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 12:13   Link #177
ZippyDSM

new question for the first Macross tv series, whats with the red hair version of archivist exodol?

glyph/Onizuka-GTO
If you think about polygamy is only "dangerous" when its in a closed society thats within the mainstream society, the main problems I see with current polygamy sects is that they are sects, these sects have other issues like degradating females and what not, if you would regulate them(bascily ensure no under age sex, abuse, insect is going on with 3-6 visits a year from DHS) and let normal people live as they see fit they would not feel the need to join these extreme groups things would improve in the polygamy sub culture.

Now back to polygamy in the fictional environment...I would say its the least of the populations worries, and also i think genre manipulation would be up to snuff to limit mixing families lines and this is more to the the need of people in the population so we mate like bunnies you'll have some "genetic insect" going on down the line from just the shear number of people moving about either ay tho it would be minmilized I guess,every time you get a new ship full of zentradi convents it adds tot eh genetic diversity.
Old 2008-06-01, 12:57   Link #178
ReddyRedWolf

new question for the first Macross tv series, whats with the red hair version of archivist exodol?

As Vlrithwai was genetically engineered for command thus stronger and sturdier than a typical grunt Zentradi.

Exsedol was genetically engineered as living repository of knowledge. Thus he's shorter than most, meaning he's a engineered nerd.

But before 2031,before DYRL movie, Exsedol had himself macronized to a green giant.

In M7 it was stated that Exsedol's reason for not micronizing again is a mystery.

But I do suppose Exsedol is an elder even among his fellow Zentradis changing back to macro size and modifications could indicated that Exsedol wanted to preserve the knowledge in him.
Old 2008-06-01, 13:08   Link #179
ZippyDSM

Quote:

As Vlrithwai was genetically engineered for command thus stronger and sturdier than a typical grunt Zentradi.

Exsedol was genetically engineered as living repository of knowledge. Thus he's shorter than most, meaning he's a engineered nerd.

But before 2031,before DYRL movie, Exsedol had himself macronized to a green giant.

In M7 it was stated that Exsedol's reason for not micronizing again is a mystery.

But I do suppose Exsedol is an elder even among his fellow Zentradis changing back to macro size and modifications could indicated that Exsedol wanted to preserve the knowledge in him.
ah it seems wiki has it,I looked and could not find it, silly me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exsedol_Folmo

not a great explanation but it makes sense, in order to not lose his knowledge he was altered some and to maintain that knowledge he cannot be micronized.

The movie is a retelling of all the events of the first Macross TV show, so if anything its more a parrel story.
Old 2008-06-01, 14:22   Link #180
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
ah it seems wiki has it,I looked and could not find it, silly me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exsedol_Folmo

not a great explanation but it makes sense, in order to not lose his knowledge he was altered some and to maintain that knowledge he cannot be micronized.

The movie is a retelling of all the events of the first Macross TV show, so if anything its more a parrel story.

It could be that after getting genetically augmented like M7/DYRL green Exsedol/Bodolle Zer, or cybernetic prosthetics/implants like Vrilthwai/Mr. Birla, you can't be safely miclonized again, which could be why you don't see miclone weirdos around.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a