AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-17, 04:05   Link #1
Rab
UG'er

Send a message via MSN to Rab
Drama, Romance, Slice of Life

Hey.

So I was thinking about watching a good anime like Clannad or even Toradora. Something that you can relate to slightly, in a sense.

Gonna list a couple I've liked; a brief example.

Clannad and Clannad after story

Toradora

Air TV

That's all I can think of now....

So just throw in stuff that include drama, romance, and slice of life. Pretty much what I'm looking for.
Old 2009-06-17, 05:00   Link #2
jedinat

If you like Clannad and Air you'll proabably like Kanon
Hachimitsu to Clover
Aishiteru ze Baby
Kare Kano
Lamune
Old 2009-06-17, 05:02   Link #3
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Honey and Clover. Bokuga Ita seems good, though I've only watched a few episodes.
Old 2009-06-17, 09:21   Link #4
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kanon. Superior to Clannad in both plot and character development.
Old 2009-06-17, 22:38   Link #5
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Kanon. Superior to Clannad in both plot and character development.
That's subjective In my opinion, Clannad is far superior to Kanon/Kanon 2006 (which I've seen as well.) To me , Kanon had a less impact on me than Clannad did. The only arc that really hit me was Makoto's arc and then the other arcs just didn't make me feel the same.

As far as that goes, that's just how I feel. I still recommend watching Kanon 2006 though, it's a really good anime.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-06-17, 23:02   Link #6
Arkuatic

Yea I'd definitely say clannad is levels ahead of kanon due to actual character development in clannad whereas in kanon things just reveal themselves and the plot goes on. No real development just protagonist regaining his memory over time. Atleast IMO.

If you haven't already you can check out Air Summer which isn't truly a recap but tells the events the precede the finale of the past.

Chobits might be a good one but if you're not a fan of android+human its probably could make it an issue watching it. Its claimed to be a highly rated romance i guess but it never really clicked to me. Boy finds android, falls for it, and uneventful things happen.

Ef-A tale of memories- Definitely a good romance between multiple protagonists giving persepective on each and both. They have the high school manga artist who entangles himself w/ a cute female delinquent and a future confused boy who falls for a girl whose memory resets every day and must keep a diary to remember the events.

Ef-A tale of melodies- its a sequel or atleast its said to be. A completely different storyline in the same word about the violonist, guy in church, manga artist's sister, the mysterious girl dressed like a nun, and a visiting cousin who falls for the violonist. I found many parts of this "sequel" annoying especially the violinist's scenes(simply atrocious time eater) and this ISN'T as light hearted as the previous one was; its much darker and depressing.

Hantsuki-One of my personal favorite. Two teenagers; a girl who has been prisoned in the hospital due to her weak heart and a boy who fell ill over hepatitis meet and fall in love. They go through hardships and reality to obtain love. Really heart warming you'll love it.

Itazura no Kiss- its a romance that develops or at least midway of the series over a girl who had been crazy about the prince of her school but he's more cold hearted and cynical than most male leads. The story starts from high school confession through college and marriage+jobs all in 26 episodes(including bonus). The anime is pretty recent(a year ago) but the story was published in the early or mid 90s-just a minor detail on the side if it has a different feel of romance than current anime.

KimiKiss Pure Rogue-Two best friends going through relationship issues of their own and a returning childhood friend to put a twist in the life of the protagonist. Its a very interesting story and I'd must say its one of the better romances that came out recently.

Spice and Wolf-A definite must watch great animation, trials, and romance. Season two is coming out so this is a must watch if you loved clannad(though different story) you get the same if not more emotional feeling.

Last edited by Arkuatic; 2009-06-17 at 23:04. Reason: forgot S&W
Old 2009-06-18, 05:38   Link #7
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
Hey.

So I was thinking about watching a good anime like Clannad or even Toradora. Something that you can relate to slightly, in a sense.

Gonna list a couple I've liked; a brief example.

Clannad and Clannad after story

Toradora

Air TV

That's all I can think of now....

So just throw in stuff that include drama, romance, and slice of life. Pretty much what I'm looking for.
I've watched those. Pretty good aren't they?

A hidden gem that I absolutely loved was "Only Yesterday". Another Studio Ghibli film:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_Yesterday_(film)
Old 2009-06-18, 06:59   Link #8
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Speaking of Only Yesterday, which I also found quite impressive, Ghibli's I can Hear the Sea is just as good. Both are very atmospheric and subdued. Lovely fims, those.
Old 2009-06-18, 09:53   Link #9
Shadow Kira01

Here are some good suggestions:

Canvas 2
Da Capo
Da Capo II
Futari Ecchi (17+)
Memories Off 2nd
Memories Off 3.5
Myself ; Yourself
NANA
Persona -trinity soul- (17+)
Real Drive
REC
True Tears
White Album
Old 2009-06-19, 00:56   Link #10
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I would say Rec though it doesn't match with examples you stated . But its a perfect slice of life romance comedy .

An upcoming seiyu full of life and bubbly with a Audrey Hepburn fixation , A salary-man who came to the big city and is hoping to find love . One night of need and lust quick starts there relationship . Can this one night stand develop into a mature relationship what problems will they face . Polar opposites a dreamer and eternal pessimist , will love blossom thats what the show is about .

This show also features my favorite kiss scene in anime .

Download : AS

Summary : Wiki

Old 2009-06-19, 01:21   Link #11
Theowne
耳をすませば

As far as I'm concerned, Honey and Clover is the leader of this category.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-06-19, 04:59   Link #12
Rab
UG'er

Send a message via MSN to Rab
Yo! Thanks for so many suggestions and ectera. I've seen most of these in the past...but my memory of them is horrifyingly bad at the moment.

There is one or two I watched like Kanon and REC just yesterday (finishing Kanon today) which really satisfied me in terms of my said criteria for this thread.

Will look into Memories of 2nd since it looks similar with Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. And of course I'll watch Memories Off 3.5 also..
Closed Thread