Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-26, 06:35   Link #221
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
What?

Fuck...

This is why some mangakas need to work with dedicated authors for plot.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 07:31   Link #222
Johnny
Working the bags...

I automatically accept the fact that a manga will have a shitty ending when I start it. So if by some miracle a decent ending has occurred it's like I hit the lottery...

Concerning this one. They should have patched things up with the first arc. The second arc sucked badly and I lost interest part of the way through...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 08:15   Link #223
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Concerning this one. They should have patched things up with the first arc. The second arc sucked badly and I lost interest part of the way through...
Ditto. Felt like a chore reading through it. I was zipping by the pages just skimming the text for the most part.

Manga has left a bad after taste. I absolutely loved Zero and that convinced me the manga might be worth checking out.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 18:16   Link #224
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Ditto. Felt like a chore reading through it. I was zipping by the pages just skimming the text for the most part.

Manga has left a bad after taste. I absolutely loved Zero and that convinced me the manga might be worth checking out.
totally agree first arc was great. They should of just ended things with the first arc.

I totally lost interest in the 2nd arc of the manga
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 10:16   Link #225
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Spoiler for Some thoughts...:

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 08:50   Link #226
careph

I'm late to the party as always.
This is actually more enjoyable than I assumed after reading the first arc, although the mangaka would positively be better off as a satirist. I can vividly imagine him exclaiming "Ceterum censeo Tokyo esse delendam." at the end of each drawing session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz
there are so many other series that deserve to be animated, and your average/below average shounen shouldn't be at the top of the list to get animated.
Indeed, but considering the discrepancy between what should be aired and what is aired, I feel that your average/below average shounen would actually raise the bar (which in and of itself is quite sad, and another topic altogether).

Spoiler:

I haven't yet finished the manga, but if you feel it was somehow inappropriate, why not write an awesome epilogue yourself? I, for one will certainly undertake that foolish attempt
careph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 15:00   Link #227
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Yeah =O i rechecked again and it was indeed something really interesting, i wonder what that exactly means
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 20:24   Link #228
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Spoiler:

@karuroso:
Probably doesn't mean anything more than "they're watching over you". I wouldn't read into it since that dead horse has been beaten.

After the BDs that'll probably be the last that we'll see of the series. Oh, and the Figma.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 01:08   Link #229
Gabi
Gabi-Bibi

Hii

sorry any interruption ><, but already launched the raw of the last chapter (would be the 52 not it?)
Where did you find the raw could send me the link by pm ><?
Thank for your attention ><

Sorry an error in English XDDD I'm trying my best ><
Gabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 21:36   Link #230
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
hey all just finished the anime series and i was just wondering if the manga is set after it? also roughly what chapters does the anime cover?

cheers.
Old 2010-02-04, 23:10   Link #231
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
hey all just finished the anime series and i was just wondering if the manga is set after it?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
also roughly what chapters does the anime cover?
Random flashbacks.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 03:36   Link #232
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Yes.

Random flashbacks.
thanks for that mate.

also am just wondering if Ga-Rei is being published in english by any company?

Last edited by Full Metal Coast; 2010-02-07 at 22:42.
Full Metal Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 06:30   Link #233
Knightrunner

I am kind of wondering where did anybody get the latest chapters of ga-rei 47-52? If they can send a link that would be great If not can anybody summarize the chapters then.

I'm also wondering how did yomi disappeared? did something killed her off again, did she at least show some fighting scenes working with kagura? what happen to nori-chan? or actually what happen to all the character in the end?
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 06:31   Link #234
straferd
Toushi

"Well, Ga-Rei apparently ended, surpisingly.

We’re not dead, yet, but translations are taking an awful long time for Ninjastik to do, most likely because of the heavy loads of schoolwork. If anyone wants to make this go faster (and obviously should know how to translate), join IRC. Nin’s just a guy with Japanese 4 knowledge. Normally a fluent person should have no excuse for a one month delay, but hell, we’ve made it this far.

At least there’s a dead end goal now. If our staff grows enough, we might even pick up the next series from Segawa Hajime. (wishful thinking)

There should be some light of hope in you now!"

51 seems to be the last chapter. still waiting for 47 to be translated.
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 06:41   Link #235
Knightrunner

If anybody can give me a summary on what happen in ga-rei latest chapters i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 2010-02-12, 06:42   Link #236
straferd
Toushi

just don't forget spoiler tags people!
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 15:18   Link #237
Knightrunner

I'm kind of wondering why people like Kensuke? Some people say Kagura is lucky to be with Kensuke (which she is), but I also think that Kensuke is extremely lucky to be with Kagura.
Old 2010-02-13, 03:02   Link #238
Knightrunner

Kagura is lucky to find Kensuke because it is hard to find people that would stick with you through thick and thin. Even though Kensuke gets scared almost sh*tlist some of the time he still stays with Kagura. He is willing to put his life on the line for Kagura even though he hesitates in this thought process sometimes.

Kensuke is lucky to meet Kagura because Kagura can see ghost. Throughout his life he has been alone until a hot girl pops up and can see the same things he did. She even have a better way of handling spirits so that is also what kind of amazed Kensuke also. She is also willing to risk her life for him. Thanks to Kagura, Kensuke improves as a character starting to see thinks from a different angle.
Old 2010-02-13, 04:01   Link #239
Iggy_Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Kagura is lucky to find Kensuke because it is hard to find people that would stick with you through thick and thin. Even though Kensuke gets scared almost sh*tlist some of the time he still stays with Kagura. He is willing to put his life on the line for Kagura even though he hesitates in this thought process sometimes.

Kensuke is lucky to meet Kagura because Kagura can see ghost. Throughout his life he has been alone until a hot girl pops up and can see the same things he did. She even have a better way of handling spirits so that is also what kind of amazed Kensuke also. She is also willing to risk her life for him. Thanks to Kagura, Kensuke improves as a character starting to see thinks from a different angle.
This is what I love about this series. Kagura and Kensuke genuinely care about each other and show it in subtle but loving way, unlike other shonen where couples show it by arguing all the time. Their growing relaitonship is for me, one of the best aspect of the series.
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 05:38   Link #240
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
This is what I love about this series. Kagura and Kensuke genuinely care about each other and show it in subtle but loving way, unlike other shonen where couples show it by arguing all the time. Their growing relaitonship is for me, one of the best aspect of the series.
Before, I use to not really care about Kensuke when Kagura was talking about her past about Yomi but he is only thinking about "what cool thing should I say", his hessitant nature (reminds of Nori weak point), that he isn't really a good fighter (looks like he gets in the way sometimes), and Kagura is usually the one protecting him.

Later on when I analyze his character though the fact is he cares about her, tries to figure out how to protect her, and is willing to risk is life. I can't really ask more from a character than that.lol. Loyalty is always a plus in my book and he showed that well.

lol. I can understand why Yomi would be overprotective to Kagura and try to read through Kensuke. Even though Yomi feels a bit uneasy about Kensuke Yomi can also sense that he is a good guy. It is an older sibling thing I guess.

Tags
action, shounen