AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-06, 00:20   Link #781
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
THat is one f****p misunderstanding there.
Something to do with a love letter from the previous season.

Quote:
The fact that he's able to breath and speak japanese is nothing short of a miracle.
Well he's not crippled if that's what you're suggesting, he just sees the world is a very special way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
A strong, intelligent male harem lead...

Legend tells of a legendary harem lead whose wooing skills were the stuff of legend. He was so charming, in fact, that the girls would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness!

Keima from The World God Only Knows manages to pull it off.

But that's only because Keima has the awesome power of pure awesomeness.

Hayate isn't too bad either, but Hayate's strength is as the strength of ten because his heart is pure. His ultimate pureness makes him completely immune to almost all romance.

Ranma is also a not too bad harem lead. Sometimes he is dumb, but mainly he's just cursed with a greedy selfish father. That and everyone else is insane. Insane insane.
See, the thing with both Hayate and Keima is that you still have the basic problem of being oblivious to the affection of girls unless they come out clean and say it directly

Yeah they got the charm and the charisma, but that said they still have elements of stupidity to both of them With Hayate saying the wrongs things at the worst times and Keima letting himself get carried away with his 2D love...

I don't remember much about Ranma anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I really think Good Boy Shin'ichiro of True Tears was pretty smart and pretty strong, though I know I won't get much support with that. And of course, TT isn't really a harem series - two girls doth not a harem make, and girl #3 was never in the game. The hard truth, though, is that Baka Test isn't really a harem series either - like TT it's at best a triangle, and I don't really think it's a romance-first series.
Actually, maybe you can include Yoshi's sister and Hazuki...

But like I've previously said- this show is going to be humor first, ESB second, and romance third. At least that's how everybody's gonna advertise it.

Though the Interesting thing about BakaTest's romance is that the other guys get a shot at it as well With most harem stories, the comic-relief best friend gets nothing
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 00:22   Link #782
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Legend tells of a legendary harem lead whose wooing skills were the stuff of legend. He was so charming, in fact, that the girls would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness!

The amnesia of his conquests helps.

Quote:
Hayate isn't too bad either, but Hayate's strength is as the strength of ten because his heart is pure. His ultimate pureness makes him completely immune to almost all romance.
If we're counting the pure, then Negi's got Hayate completely beat in smarts, strength, and harem.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 00:34   Link #783
AzureWrath

Quote:

Ranma is also a not too bad harem lead. Sometimes he is dumb, but mainly he's just cursed with a greedy selfish father. That and everyone else is insane. Insane insane.
Wait, Keima gets a free reset after each route. Totally unfair! We will have to see what happens if/when he has to confront multiple heroines in one route. He can't be considered a harem lead till then!

.....and Hayate isn't really what I think of when you say smart xD. He also falls into the oblivious category most the time (Isumi, Izumi, Nagi, fails with Maria, Hina, Luca?, and I'll give you A-Tan.....).

Now take your generic harem lead and compare him to Usui from Kaichou wa Maid-sama. The difference is night and day. Usui is pure alpha. Aki is......ya. Or even better...how about Ichika t.t
Old 2011-09-06, 00:40   Link #784
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If we're counting the pure, then Negi's got Hayate completely beat in smarts, strength, and harem.
Well unless Negi can retain a romantic relationship with a girlfriend and at the same time still keep a harem, he's really not much different... Plus the whole oblivious thingy is still there...

To that end obviously the best harem lead is NaGARsumi, who could maintain a harem even when engaged to a fiancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
Wait, Keima gets a free reset after each route. Totally unfair! We will have to see what happens if/when he has to confront multiple heroines in one route. He can't be considered a harem lead till then!

.....and Hayate isn't really what I think of when you say smart xD. He also falls into the oblivious category most the time (Isumi, Izumi, Nagi, fails with Maria, Hina, Luca?, and I'll give you A-Tan.....).

Now take your generic harem lead and compare him to Usui from Kaichou wa Maid-sama. The difference is night and day. Usui is pure alpha. Aki is......ya. Or even better...how about Ichika t.t
Really? Usui? See the reason why we don't cross genres when comparing is because different stories requires different things from their characters Shoujo requires them to be perfect, shounen requires them to be imperfect.
Old 2011-09-06, 01:13   Link #785
ZeKeR
Superbad

@Blitz: so far only the Shouko we ever got to see was the cover of V3... inb4 v9.5 has DAT PONYTAIL thar.

also, anyone who is really facepalming (and occasional raging) at Akihisa's stupidity say I.
Old 2011-09-06, 01:53   Link #786
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post

Well, how about Touma? Let's see... He has one of the most powerful espers in the world and OVER 9000 of her clones, the leader of a Japanese Christian sect and her kouhai, the leader of an army of 250 Catholic battle nuns, and several hundred Anglican nuns in training. So yeah, his harem is not only over 9000, but rather OVER 10000! THE READINGS ARE OFF THE SCALE! There's no way it can't be right! [/memeticmutation]

Also, Kuroko or Shimizu? Who wins?

@back to topic:

I see a shout-out to one of Hiro Shimono's roles: the bungee jump for Tadashi from Special A.

WTF? The FFF Inquisitory Squad went up to eleven! Scary!

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-09-06 at 02:09.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 02:50   Link #787
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Looking in hindsight, I'd say the girls are as much to blame as Aki is.

I think the girls want him to confess first. But, they should know by now that that isn't going to happen anytime soon (even if they don't know what circumstances prevent Aki from truly picking a girl), so I think they should swallow their pride/shyness/whatever and go for him themselves. The real problem then is, how to convince him without making him think it's all an act?

Now, we see that Minami gets distraught by a simple misunderstanding (two, if you count the scene where he suddenly leaves her to go after Mizuki), and Mizuki gets heart-broken when what he says isn't what she wanted to hear. As much as Aki should clear up any remaining misunderstandings and be more careful what he says and does, the girls should be more assertive and not let his stupidity get the best of them.

But, this love issue will probably remain a focal point of the series, so I doubt we'll see any resolve in it sometime soon.
Old 2011-09-06, 05:02   Link #788
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I concur with everyone, Hideyoshi is Destiny.

I also am not surprised the arc ended badly and was handled rather poorly. I had no prior illusions regarding the skill behind this anime's team given all prior episodes -- and the previous history of Japan's harem anime. Although I like Minami (unlike this season's Himeji, who alternates between utterly uninteresting and kind of overboard), my lack of illusions dampened much of the potential rage. The rest of it...I was too busy rewinding the confession scene to care. Oh my heart!

That said, the hell is up with the "later novel spoilers" regarding Minami and later romance developments at /a/? Real? Fake? Trollfags? And no, don't tell me here, or with visitor message (people can stumble onto it by mistake), PM if you please.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 05:26   Link #789
Who

^I would like to know as well. /a/ teased me with too many spoilers.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 05:31   Link #790
ShiroiRyu

But fuuuuuuuu !
I love big breasts but i was so much for Minami ... x_x
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 06:25   Link #791
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Aki, was really proven again that he's a really an idiot!
and that with Mizuki was the nearest miss, she really expected that Aki would say that "you really love me" thing... to Minami's POV, its too late too confess what is her real feelings to Aki.

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 06:37   Link #792
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I also am not surprised the arc ended badly and was handled rather poorly. I had no prior illusions regarding the skill behind this anime's team given all prior episodes -- and the previous history of Japan's harem anime. Although I like Minami (unlike this season's Himeji, who alternates between utterly uninteresting and kind of overboard), my lack of illusions dampened much of the potential rage. The rest of it...I was too busy rewinding the confession scene to care. Oh my heart!
I'm sorry, what? If you know this was from the Light Novel, why are you blaming the studio for how things went down?
Old 2011-09-06, 06:39   Link #793
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That'd be a major dick move, since he doesn't feel that way at all. Poor girl's been firmly friend zoned since forever.
Surely you are not insinuating that he likes Himeji more are you? Recently, it seems more like he's considering both girls evenly, esp since this season.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 06:58   Link #794
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Surely you are not insinuating that he likes Himeji more are you? Recently, it seems more like he's considering both girls evenly, esp since this season.
Hmm well not exactly- He has always felt that both Minami and Himeji are cute/attractive, same as how he comments that Shouko and Yuuko are cute/attractive.
Old 2011-09-06, 07:08   Link #795
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm sorry, what? If you know this was from the Light Novel, why are you blaming the studio for how things went down?
The placing of the episodes (cliffhanger + flashback), the speed with which the whole arc was concluded, the little things like arrangement of the scenes -- in short, the pacing and the tone, how the whole thing was handled. Adaptations are not always scene for scene, and Baka Test the anime has always shifted around and changed material as it needed.

If the actual element of the facepalming reset development is from the LN, which I imagine it is, then thumbs down to the author too, in addition to the anime producers not doing a very good job of smoothing over the development. But as I said, I had no illusions they were going to succeed in the first place, so no rage from here.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 07:11   Link #796
Dr. Casey

Quote:
THat is one f****p misunderstanding there.
I have no idea what the starred out word's supposed to be, lol.

edit: Wait, never mind, probably stands for fuckup.

This episode was pretty good btw
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 07:19   Link #797
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
The placing of the episodes (cliffhanger + flashback), the speed with which the whole arc was concluded, the little things like arrangement of the scenes -- in short, the pacing and the tone, how the whole thing was handled. Adaptations are not always scene for scene, and Baka Test the anime has always shifted around and changed material as it needed.

If the actual element of the facepalming reset development is from the LN, which I imagine it is, then thumbs down to the author too, in addition to the anime producers not doing a very good job of smoothing over the development. But as I said, I had no illusions they were going to succeed in the first place, so no rage from here.
You do know that this isn't the end of the story arc right? There's still a ESB with D and B class remember? Which means there's still some development to be made on this triangle front?

I also see nothing wrong with the direction this episode take, everything flowed normally. But this is opinionated so whatever.
Old 2011-09-06, 07:21   Link #798
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Guys, it's not over yet. Anyway, just watch.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 08:02   Link #799
Sixth
Hu Tao

So, Teh ping, is the novel ever stated why Miharu being so obsessed with Minami?

And also, why would Akihisa wants Hideyoshi over Minami? This is the part I never understand. Hideyoshi is flat chest as Minami.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 08:24   Link #800
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

You might need a little tidbit at the end of Volume 3.5. Anyway, if you're lazy, just watch.

As for Hideyoshi, well,

-2nd nicest person to Akihisa (first is Mizuki, kinda swapped sometimes)
-Bishoujo
-It's Hideyoshi. When even the fans lust over him and the author has Hideyoshi as his wallpaper (almost all the time), you know that people want Hideyoshi as a bride/groom/broom/gride/whatever.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen