AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-08-20, 16:42   Link #2201
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
With the success of this show, what is the chances that they would pull out a second season of this?
Old 2012-08-20, 18:03   Link #2202
Awrya
U mad?

Do we know the TV ratings for this show and BD sales?
If it does get a second season, it'd be next year or the one after, using Toaru as an example (two 2cour seasons, 2008-2009 and 2010-2011, only LN adaption I know of that got two 2cour).
Old 2012-08-20, 18:16   Link #2203
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The disc sales are quite decent, hovering around the 10k mark. It's not quite as high as Index or Railgun, but still quite good. I wouldn't be surprised to see it get a sequel eventually, but who knows...
Old 2012-08-20, 20:03   Link #2204
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Do we know the TV ratings for this show and BD sales?
If it does get a second season, it'd be next year or the one after, using Toaru as an example (two 2cour seasons, 2008-2009 and 2010-2011, only LN adaption I know of that got two 2cour).
You're forgetting Shana had three 2cours

Don't bother with TV ratings for late night shows. Sales-wise like Relentless said it's quite decent... Actually I would call anything around 10k to be pretty damn good. And clearly with 12 volumes out there's more than enough material.

All the signs are there, now whether Dengeki Bunko wants a sequel or move on to promote another series, that's anybody's guess.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-20 at 20:13.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 22:25   Link #2205
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're forgetting Shana had three 2cours

Don't bother with TV ratings for late night shows. Sales-wise like Relentless said it's quite decent... Actually I would call anything around 10k to be pretty damn good. And clearly with 12 volumes out there's more than enough material.

All the signs are there, now whether Dengeki Bunko wants a sequel or move on to promote another series, that's anybody's guess.
Or they could extend it like what happened to Fairy Tail at the end of the Laxus arc. However, that would be too optimistic.
Old 2012-08-20, 22:31   Link #2206
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Or they could extend it like what happened to Fairy Tail at the end of the Laxus arc. However, that would be too optimistic.
No, it's impossible. They wouldn't have that kind of funding.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 12:07   Link #2207
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
In case no one knew yet, a second ova will be bundled with the second game.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...t-spring-anime
Old 2012-09-01, 01:23   Link #2208
GundamZZ
残念美人

The second OVA or the second special?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 02:16   Link #2209
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The second OVA or the second special?
That'll be from the あくちぇる・ワールド。specials on the Blu-Rays/DVDs. They're basically like gag comedy omake with all the characters drawn in SD.
Old 2012-09-01, 02:23   Link #2210
Dr. Casey

A hot springs episode... how... original...

Oh well, I'm always down for some more Accel World, and the fact that I like this cast of characters so much more than the usual might make things more interesting than your average hot springs episode.

And Accel World better have a second season, it would be a crime against humanity to end a series this great prematurely.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 12:42   Link #2211
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
A hot springs episode... how... original...

Oh well, I'm always down for some more Accel World, and the fact that I like this cast of characters so much more than the usual might make things more interesting than your average hot springs episode.

And Accel World better have a second season, it would be a crime against humanity to end a series this great prematurely.
Even if it's typical, at least it's being a separate episode and not thrown into the series itself as some random filler episode.

Being an OVA also means they can dedicate it purely to fanservice without worrying about fitting in stuff related to the plot and making it feel forced or confusing.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 08:01   Link #2212
ShiroiRyu

Chiyu loving Haru.
Not her boyfriend.
Not difficult to know.
Old 2012-09-09, 18:38   Link #2213
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

I think a series of OVA's would be more likely. That's what I'd Like to see anyway.
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:43   Link #2214
Shiyumi

Can anyone confirm me that in novel vol 4 , the article Haruyuki read only have Nerve Gear. When I watch anime, it sudden occupied to me, Kawahara said AC is an alter future of SAO. If this world didn't have Amu Sphere, maybe SAO incident this not happened. Then Asuna and Kirito did not meet each other and remain the way they are.
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:57   Link #2215
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyumi View Post
Can anyone confirm me that in novel vol 4 , the article Haruyuki read only have Nerve Gear. When I watch anime, it sudden occupied to me, Kawahara said AC is an alter future of SAO. If this world didn't have Amu Sphere, maybe SAO incident this not happened. Then Asuna and Kirito did not meet each other and remain the way they are.
We actually have a Crossover Thread that may be of interest to you (it's in the SAO sub-forum by chance, but applies to both). It's probably best to ask that question and get the answers there (or perhaps to read the thread and see if it's already been asked/answered).
Old 2012-09-21, 21:35   Link #2216
Kunagisa

I wonder if people will cut Yoshino some slack after this ... nah probably not (even though I really think he's ok if he follow the scripts).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 22:02   Link #2217
judasmartel
*Author

Say, what exactly is all the hate on Haru I've been reading pretty much anywhere? Is it just me or that the haters are simply jealous that a gorgeous girl like KYH falls in love with a fat guy?

Really, those are really depressing. They probably don't know there are people like Haru in real life.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 22:20   Link #2218
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Say, what exactly is all the hate on Haru I've been reading pretty much anywhere? Is it just me or that the haters are simply jealous that a gorgeous girl like KYH happens to be smitten to a fat guy of all people?
Well, Haru wasn't designed to be particularly "likeable" -- he himself is very aware (too aware) of his faults in the story. Because of the way he's been bullied over the years, he comes across as a bit of a whiny crybaby -- which is of course on purpose. The whole show is showing his development as a person (and that development isn't finished even by the end of this first season).

Some people don't like Haru because they think his "loser status" is in too much contrast with his being made a hero in the story, so they consider it unrealistic that someone like him a) gets all the girls, and b) always saves the day (eventually). Some people believe that Haru being a "fat loser" that's good at computers/games is cynically "manufactured" to be relatable by the audience (who may consist of similar "fat losers") -- personally I have some problems with this particular argument/theory. Some people also don't like Haru because he's almost drawn as a chibi-character in the anime, which is in sharp contrast to everyone else (this too is on purpose, but some people don't like it). Some people also didn't like how Haru's character seemed (to them) to revert somewhat with the start of the third arc (though this was remedied by the end of the series).

This may sound a bit shallow, but I honestly think that the series would be a bit better-received in some circles if Haru were more the stereotypical shounen protagonist character (but of course, that'd really change the message of the story). I also think that, assuming the show goes on to future seasons that start emphasizing Haru as he keeps getting stronger and more capable, some of the discomfort may die down somewhat and people may give the show another chance.
Old 2012-09-25, 22:23   Link #2219
judasmartel
*Author

Stereotypical shounen, indeed. But still, I'm more than confident that Haru will take the Simon route and take enough levels of badass to erase all the current hate for him.

So, what if his actual apperance (assuming his current appearance is just a real-world avatar, KYH's net avatar) is actually a tall, lanky guy like Shu Ouma?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 02:00   Link #2220
supermegasonic

i think this anime has a chance for a second season. i mean we still havent heard what her real name is.
and i think ppl, including me, would like more sky raker, and her relationship with KYH.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen