AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-12-27, 00:25   Link #441
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Just be glad there isn't Kaizouku Musou: Yonku or Kaizouku Musou: Shikibukai or any expansion crap that they always do.

Aw, now you've done it: Just watch the next game be a pseudo-sequel with a title like Kaizoku Musou: Xtreme Romance Edition or something of that sort.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 12:04   Link #442
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Actually, by the looks of it Eneru is a playable character in this game from that video. If that's the case, maybe we'll be able to play as some of the bosses like Crocodile or Akainu~
Old 2012-12-28, 13:47   Link #443
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Aw, now you've done it: Just watch the next game be a pseudo-sequel with a title like Kaizoku Musou: Xtreme Romance Edition or something of that sort.
Maybe with a title like that, we could get the characters and stages from the filler arcs and movies (such as Shiki and Zetto).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Actually, by the looks of it Eneru is a playable character in this game from that video. If that's the case, maybe we'll be able to play as some of the bosses like Crocodile or Akainu~
And possibly our favorite feline, Rob Lucci.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 16:50   Link #444
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

People care about Rob Lucci?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 19:09   Link #445
Undertaker

Why wouldn't you? Rob Lucci was badass. OP don't have too many pure murderous guy regardless of which side they on.

Even Akainu wasn't that cold hearted.
Old 2012-12-28, 21:19   Link #446
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
People care about Rob Lucci?

Boy, you shoulda been around back when Water 7 was running fresh off the weekly chapters. People were practically fapping to him left and right! Personally, I don't care much for him (find him a bit boring, actually), but I can easily understand why he was so well received. Plastic as he may have been, he pretty much got the whole "cold-blooded killer" down pat, as Undertaker mentioned above.
Old 2013-01-03, 10:50   Link #447
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Casualties before Lucci in One Piece : A simpleton that got himself shot by Lucky Roo. Swine's Pirate Crew that Crocodile killed personally. In short : Probably 5 or 10.

Casualties after Lucci in One Piece : 500 kingdom Soldiers, Random Pirate Crew including Captain, Nero. And probably a thousand more that we dont even know according to Spandam's reports. And no one miraculously resurrected later on!

Just when people started aproaring because One Piece is like a child's show that doesnt even have any proper death scenes plus a character that got resurrected after a nuclear bomb exploded near him without any proper reason at all,
The badass Cipher Pol agent appears and slaughters everyone, saving the day! More than enough reasons to love Lucci! No really, I guess I loved determination/power/sadism/awesomeness combined in one villain. That was very rare in One Piece at that time. Crocodile was one thing, but he was a man of his mission and didnt even care to watch Luffy getting devoured by his own sandslide. Lucci however, would wait till the end to catch a glimpse of his suffering.
Old 2013-01-03, 14:45   Link #448
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Casualties before Lucci in One Piece : A simpleton that got himself shot by Lucky Roo. Swine's Pirate Crew that Crocodile killed personally. In short : Probably 5 or 10.

Off the top of my head I can also think of guys like the bandit leader who got eaten by that sea king, that one poor schmuck from Buggy's crew who got blasted to oblivion by one of those cannons, Mr. 11 (who was killed off-screen), those elite castle guards from Alabasta who drank that life-shortening water and died fighting Crocodile, I guess some nameless people who died during the same arc's civil war, etc..... but yeah, I guess 5-10 may be a decent estimate. But then I think of Whiskey Peak where Zoro had apparently killed about 100 bounty hunters (excluding a few people like that one nun and little kid he knocked out), and it really does make one wonder if Oda was actually that lenient with death before the skip.....

Going back on topic, since we have confirmation of Eneru being a boss (and a playable one at that), I guess that means we can assume that more (if not all) of the previous game's bosses are playable, as well? But personally, I'm hoping we get more bosses from the arcs that were skipped (I'd love to be able to play as Moria or Foxy ).
Old 2013-01-03, 18:30   Link #449
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Playing as Buggy would be my priority.
Old 2013-01-04, 17:44   Link #450
marvelB

^Oh, trust me when I say that a playable Buggy would be my #1 priority, as well. But I was talking more about any potential new bosses in my last post there.
Old 2013-01-09, 13:33   Link #451
Kona
Banned

In the first game all of the bosses weren't playable so don't expect anything to change with this sequel.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 14:43   Link #452
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Didn't people say Eneru was playable?
Old 2013-01-09, 16:39   Link #453
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Didn't people say Eneru was playable?
He is because they showed gameplay in the trailer but I was talking about the bosses from the first one. Don't expect to get much content from this game. Guaranteed to leave out the pre skip arcs even though it wouldn't be a big hassle to put them in.
Old 2013-01-09, 20:13   Link #454
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
He is because they showed gameplay in the trailer but I was talking about the bosses from the first one. Don't expect to get much content from this game. Guaranteed to leave out the pre skip arcs even though it wouldn't be a big hassle to put them in.
If the Skypeia arc was included, then we should also get Thriller Bark included. Of course the first game didn't have the Kuro arc so I hope we get that included as well.
Old 2013-01-10, 11:47   Link #455
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
If the Skypeia arc was included, then we should also get Thriller Bark included. Of course the first game didn't have the Kuro arc so I hope we get that included as well.
TB should be included because of how lengthy the Arc is. Kuro Arc would be a nice addition but can't forget about the others. Morgan, Little Garden, Whiskey Peak, Drum Island, Foxy and Jaya are Arcs they can't forget. All of the pre skip Arcs they didn't include should be in this one. Not expected all of them because of their record with content they add in the game. They add more each sequel but it's nothing drastic.
Old 2013-01-12, 03:35   Link #456
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
TB should be included because of how lengthy the Arc is. Kuro Arc would be a nice addition but can't forget about the others. Morgan, Little Garden, Whiskey Peak, Drum Island (That one was already in the first game), Foxy and Jaya are Arcs they can't forget. All of the pre skip Arcs they didn't include should be in this one. Not expected all of them because of their record with content they add in the game. They add more each sequel but it's nothing drastic.
Well, top thing we need to remember is that this is a Musou game. Though arcs like Shells Town, Whiskey Peak, and Davy Back COULD work.... other arcs like Syrup Village, Little Garden, or Jaya just wouldn't work with how these games play. What with the Strawhats only fighting Mr. 3/Miss Goldenweek on Little Garden, and Luffy not only just fighting Bellamy in Jaya.... but defeating him with one punch. Again, gameplay-wise these just won't work in the game. I also have a hard time imagining Syrup Village working in this kind of game seeing as all the fights take place on that one slope.... though there are ways they could easily get around that I guess.

Anyway, I do figure they'd include Thriller Bark since they're adding Skypeia.... and since we might be getting Z, might as well throw Strong World in there too~
Old 2013-01-12, 18:15   Link #457
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well, top thing we need to remember is that this is a Musou game. Though arcs like Shells Town, Whiskey Peak, and Davy Back COULD work.... other arcs like Syrup Village, Little Garden, or Jaya just wouldn't work with how these games play. What with the Strawhats only fighting Mr. 3/Miss Goldenweek on Little Garden, and Luffy not only just fighting Bellamy in Jaya.... but defeating him with one punch. Again, gameplay-wise these just won't work in the game. I also have a hard time imagining Syrup Village working in this kind of game seeing as all the fights take place on that one slope.... though there are ways they could easily get around that I guess.

Anyway, I do figure they'd include Thriller Bark since they're adding Skypeia.... and since we might be getting Z, might as well throw Strong World in there too~
How the following arcs can work gameplay-wise:

Syrup Village- Have the fights on the beach to prevent the enemies from reaching the slope. This arc has to be included since Usopp joined the crew at the end of it.

Little Garden- Adding the challenge of stopping Dory and Brogy from fighting each other and then battling Mr. 3 and Miss Goldenweek.

Jaya- Have Bellamy's crew attacking our heroes before dealing with Bellamy himself.
Old 2013-01-16, 07:21   Link #458
DeathStrike
SLASH!

new scan!

Old 2013-01-16, 08:45   Link #459
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Sweetness. Looks like Thriller Bark is in.
Old 2013-01-16, 10:56   Link #460
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Huh, looks like Kuma is a playable character too. Wonder if they'll give him a DLC costume of PX-Z~?

Tags
ps3, video games