AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 20:14   Link #1501
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
How popular was this anime in Japan? Just wondering if we can even hope of getting 2nd season but I'd imagine japanese otakus being all over this anime ..

Aaanyway .. I was rather disappointed we didn't get to see Love Live, considering it's the name of this anime. Still was a very enjoyable watch and I really hope for 2nd season, to see them actually participate in Love Live.
well, judging from how well the Bluray selling and This, there's a chance for season 2 I think.
Old 2013-04-02, 21:13   Link #1502
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
How popular was this anime in Japan? Just wondering if we can even hope of getting 2nd season but I'd imagine japanese otakus being all over this anime ..

Aaanyway .. I was rather disappointed we didn't get to see Love Live, considering it's the name of this anime. Still was a very enjoyable watch and I really hope for 2nd season, to see them actually participate in Love Live.
Basically it dominated winter over there as far as BD sales go at least. If you look at the sales for the first volume not only is it the only show to crack the rather difficult 10K mark but it also managed to crack the 20K mark and looks likely to surpass 25K next week. To put it in perspective the next biggest BD seller was Haganai around 8.5K and after that was Vivid Red Operation and Oreshura at 7.5 each. Basically it is very plausible that by the time all is said and done it will have moved more units of its first volume than the number 2-4 hits from Winter combined. Pretty popular.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 21:54   Link #1503
chaos_animagic

everyone loves Music Idol animes.

Idolmaster, K-ON, AKB, Love Live, etc etc (there's more)

All of them are pretty popular when they were airing.

Especially Idolmasster... you can find references to this anime almost everywhere, it's like one of the "Shounen TOPs" anime (for shoujo ranking)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 22:00   Link #1504
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Especially Idolmasster... you can find references to this anime almost everywhere, it's like one of the "Shounen TOPs" anime (for shoujo ranking)
Spoiler for nsfw:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 22:37   Link #1505
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

hahaha good edit ......... BUT MAKI IS MINE!!!

Images
signatures of all muse's
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Nico
Old 2013-04-02, 23:02   Link #1506
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Images
signatures of all muse's
Aside from Eli, Rin, and Nico (obviously), I can't tell which ones belong to whom
Old 2013-04-02, 23:08   Link #1507
garbage

on the left : Honoka, Eli
next line : Kotori
bottom : Rin, Umi
on the right : Maki, Nozomi
lower : Hanayo, Nico
Old 2013-04-02, 23:09   Link #1508
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Aside from Eli, Rin, and Nico (obviously), I can't tell which ones belong to whom
From top to bottom:

Left Page: Honoka, Eli, Kotori, Umi, Rin
Right Page: Maki, Nozomi, Hanayo, Nico
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 23:19   Link #1509
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
You're right.

Sunrise is better.

By the way, the cg models that transition to animation have been around for LL since the very beginning.

It's part of the art style.
Not with this CG. The models look cheap, move poorly due to lack of frames, making the transitions odd (at best) and unnatural (at worst). That's pretty much cheap-looking CG, in contrast with some of the normal animation which has significant more quality.

Satelight, despite all the problems AKB0048 has, made better looking CG for the song sequences, despite being more limited in coreography. As for Toei, in this department they don't really count as their best efforts are ED of a series (and just two per season, not stuff you put in a weekly series).

The success of the series may lead to another season, and I don't mind as long as they time the story better and don't use the drama gimmick to wrap it up.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 23:50   Link #1510
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Images
Nico
I want one !
Old 2013-04-02, 23:55   Link #1511
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
on the left : Honoka, Eli
next line : Kotori
bottom : Rin, Umi
on the right : Maki, Nozomi
lower : Hanayo, Nico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
From top to bottom:

Left Page: Honoka, Eli, Kotori, Umi, Rin
Right Page: Maki, Nozomi, Hanayo, Nico
That was fast. Thanks, you two
Old 2013-04-03, 00:06   Link #1512
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Images
comic Maki x Nico page 1

Images
comic Maki x Nico page 2
Old 2013-04-03, 02:30   Link #1513
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
As for Toei, in this department they don't really count as their best efforts are ED of a series (and just two per season, not stuff you put in a weekly series).
More than 2 actually when you count the All Star 3D dances they done for some events.

I'm no expert on how CG models work, but as far as I can see, the CG in Love Live works extremely well. Sunrise has the budget for it and they've been working on this for over 2.5 years so I think they had time to figure out how to these dance CG sequences. I can't comment on Satelights work on AKB0048 fully since I didn't watch the whole thing, but one thing sticks out is that the transition between 2D and 3D is more obvious vs Love Live's 2D-3D.
Old 2013-04-03, 02:45   Link #1514
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I dunno, I think the show was alright, and it was entertaining enough.

Also, Maki is so win, and I would so take her home. Also, it looks like Kotori's mom and Maki's mom must have been classmates, given how pleasantly surprised they were to see each other.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 03:11   Link #1515
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Not with this CG. The models look cheap, move poorly due to lack of frames, making the transitions odd (at best) and unnatural (at worst). That's pretty much cheap-looking CG, in contrast with some of the normal animation which has significant more quality.
I thought the stage performances looked great. By that, I mean the performances Muse put on at the end of Episode 3, at the end of Episode 8, at the end of Episode 11, and at the end of Episode 13. All of these performances had a really nice, polished look to them, and the characters felt extremely energetic and dynamic in their movements. I also loved the stage costumes for the first three of these four.

In fairness, I can't compare to AKB0048, as I didn't watch much of that show. But I did watch a lot of iDOLM@STER, and I can't recall it having stage performance dance/song numbers as enjoyable/memorable to me as the ones in Love Live!
Old 2013-04-03, 03:21   Link #1516
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
In fairness, I can't compare to AKB0048, as I didn't watch much of that show. But I did watch a lot of iDOLM@STER, and I can't recall it having stage performance dance/song numbers as enjoyable/memorable to me as the ones in Love Live!
Well, most of the IM@S dance/song numbers are either incomplete, or had lots of cuts out of the actual song & dance number itself.

Though IM@S has lots of memorable song & dance numbers though, like Jibun Rest@rt, which imho still beats out any of the numbers in Love Live due to sheer energy. To me, the most memorable of the Love Live numbers was Start Dash, specifically the very first one.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 03:44   Link #1517
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I thought the stage performances looked great. By that, I mean the performances Muse put on at the end of Episode 3, at the end of Episode 8, at the end of Episode 11, and at the end of Episode 13. All of these performances had a really nice, polished look to them, and the characters felt extremely energetic and dynamic in their movements. I also loved the stage costumes for the first three of these four.

Interesting that I feel the exact opposite when regarding the performances of Love Live vs Idolm@aster. Idolm@ster really struck home with me with the use of the angles, and zero to very little use of cg (or extremely well done cg, since I didn't even notice the transition).

Love Live on the other hand, the cgs make the characters look like plastic, I almost always irk whenever I look at them. In the final episode, it was extremely apparent when the transition happened between the hand drawn art and the cgs.

Regarding the songs, I liked Idolm@ster a whole lot more than Love Live. However, I like Love Live's characters a lot more than Idolm@ster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Though IM@S has lots of memorable song & dance numbers though, like Jibun Rest@rt, which imho still beats out any of the numbers in Love Live due to sheer energy. To me, the most memorable of the Love Live numbers was Start Dash, specifically the very first one.
I feel the exact same way lol. Rest@rt is my favorite song in Idolm@ster.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 03:56   Link #1518
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Well, most of the IM@S dance/song numbers are either incomplete, or had lots of cuts out of the actual song & dance number itself.
This is likely a big factor to me. Each of the Love Live! song and dance numbers felt like a special event to me. This is because each one was presented in its entirety, and there were only a few in the entire show. Each one also represented an important plot/group transition of sorts - The original trio to the finally completed 9 to the the coming fall of Honoka to the big reunion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Interesting that I feel the exact opposite when regarding the performances of Love Live vs Idolm@aster. Idolm@ster really struck home with me with the use of the angles, and zero to very little use of cg (or extremely well done cg, since I didn't even notice the transition).

Love Live on the other hand, the cgs make the characters look like plastic, I almost always irk whenever I look at them.
I know what you mean by "the cgs make the characters look like plastic", but it just never bothered me. To me, it gave things a hyper-polished fantasy look that I felt contributed to the charm and magic of the moment. I'd probably feel differently if there were more of these song and dance numbers in Love Live!, but with only a few of them, I felt it was good to make them look a little fantastical.

To be fair to idolm@ster, I haven't watched it in awhile, so my memories of it are a bit faded. I might sit down at some point and watch some idolm@ster song and dance numbers mixed in with ones from Love Live!
Old 2013-04-03, 06:35   Link #1519
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:

And also there is nothing in the world of anime that can beat the Yukiho wink!
It's one of anime's great moments

Really really did enjoy this series alot, seems Idol shows like these just work for me if done even just well enough.
I guess if you put enough energy into it and it shows, one can enjoy these shows quite alot.
I still hold Idolm@ster as one of the most entertaining shows I've watched and I guess LL is up there with it somewhere.

A great cast with some of them being real favorites with anime. The senpais stand out for me

Bring on a 2nd season!
Old 2013-04-03, 06:48   Link #1520
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
[

Images
signatures of all muse's
They all fit their characters so perfectly!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, music, school life