AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-04-13, 14:12   Link #61
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Aw man, I just watched the Railgun S2 opening and was absolutely awestruck by the awesomeness of a Mikoto+Touma+Kuroko vs ITEM fight.

...........................then, of course, it quickly turned to disappointment from the fact that

IT

WILL

NEVER

HAPPEN.

Dang you JC Staff for putting ideas in my head that I know are not to be.

But c'mon JC Staff, of all the places to break loyalty to the manga and maybe a little continuity, this would be the most awesome place to do it.
Old 2013-04-13, 14:47   Link #62
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I mean the fight in Vol.15, before Kakine got a Dark Matter body.
I doubt he'd tank Mugino's attack with his human body.
You forgot his wings acts like an automatic defense system and its not for display. Even if the teachers say that its for kids party which pisses off Kakine

If Touma helped Mikoto on the fight against ITEM. There are lots of things they will destroy in the story. So they won't do it -_- plus it will add to Mikoto's despair.
Old 2013-04-13, 14:50   Link #63
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
But c'mon JC Staff, of all the places to break loyalty to the manga and maybe a little continuity, this would be the most awesome place to do it.
It would also break the continuity with the Index anime, since Touma didn't know about the conflict till the 11th hour, and Kuroko until long after it was over.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 14:59   Link #64
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Clearly the sarcasm didn't translate......
Old 2013-04-13, 15:05   Link #65
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Clearly the sarcasm didn't translate......
I know that feel....
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 15:09   Link #66
tsunade666

oh..... I see. Now that its been pointed out.
Old 2013-04-13, 15:10   Link #67
desrtsku
Nympholept

This feeling when when Kongou-san will never get a proper intro anymore ...
Old 2013-04-13, 15:16   Link #68
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
This feeling when when Kongou-san will never get a proper intro anymore ...
I believe she will still have her part after the Sister's arc, just not as an introduction. Anime Kongou probably still doesn't know that Mikoto considers her a friend already.
Old 2013-04-13, 15:17   Link #69
tsunade666

Kongou-san was already introduced.... let it pass already.

Though they will probably show the part in the manga when she is struggling to make friends.... but that's awkward when she is already friends with the others. Making the cliche? (is the spelling for it cliche because I think I was wrong. What was the word for the group?)
Old 2013-04-13, 15:22   Link #70
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Kongou-san was already introduced.... let it pass already.

Though they will probably show the part in the manga when she is struggling to make friends.... but that's awkward when she is already friends with the others. Making the cliche? (is the spelling for it cliche because I think I was wrong. What was the word for the group?)
Other than the clique thing, I think the rest can be adapted to the anime without much problem.
Old 2013-04-13, 16:41   Link #71
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I believe she will still have her part after the Sister's arc, just not as an introduction. Anime Kongou probably still doesn't know that Mikoto considers her a friend already.
Hahem ... who was the first person who "befriend" her without looking at her as a classy ojou-sama in the anime again? Also they are practically seeing each other everyday and Kongou already knows her name ...
Moreover, didn't Kongou scream something like "don't you dare lay a finger on my friend" before sending off Kihhaaara-kun? I won't do that unless I have full confidence about someone being my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Though they will probably show the part in the manga when she is struggling to make friends.... but that's awkward when she is already friends with the others.
That's the point, that whole chapter from the manga won't make any sense anymore because of that very reason.
Old 2013-04-13, 17:00   Link #72
leukrota

Quote:
Hahem ... who was the first person who "befriend" her without looking at her as a classy ojou-sama in the anime again? Also they are practically seeing each other everyday and Kongou already knows her name ...
That's why it needs to be adapted to the anime, but changing is not the same as skipping.
Quote:
Moreover, didn't Kongou scream something like "don't you dare lay a finger on my friend" before sending off Kihhaaara-kun? I won't do that unless I have full confidence about someone being my friend.
That's how she feels about her, it doesn't mean she's sure about how Mikoto sees her.

Well, whatever, it still is going to be a while before we find out what they decided to do about that part from the manga. Effectively, we won't know until Daihasesai starts, this season or the next.
Old 2013-04-13, 21:29   Link #73
OverNOut
The Obsever

About the clique thing, never heard of a flashback episode?
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 22:17   Link #74
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
About the clique thing, never heard of a flashback episode?
What the devilry is this ?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 23:32   Link #75
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Aw man, I just watched the Railgun S2 opening and was absolutely awestruck by the awesomeness of a Mikoto+Touma+Kuroko vs ITEM fight.

...........................then, of course, it quickly turned to disappointment from the fact that

IT

WILL

NEVER

HAPPEN.

Dang you JC Staff for putting ideas in my head that I know are not to be.

I dunno.. Would be waste not to have that fight. Especially with that nice looking animation.

So what makes you believe they wont include it?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 23:35   Link #76
Sumeragi
Banned

You know, doesn't the OP's Touma seem to be the version of Biribiri vision?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 23:39   Link #77
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I dunno.. Would be waste not to have that fight. Especially with that nice looking animation.

So what makes you believe they wont include it?
Probably because, padding aside, they'll likely remain faithful to the overall conflict of the Sisters arc, and thus Mikoto will deal with ITEM on her lonesome because she's going vigilante and not involving her friends in the conflict, like in Index with the whole Accelerator thing.
Old 2013-04-13, 23:45   Link #78
Destined_Fate

Maybe...

But I'm sure the urge to have Touma there even if just to eat a few hits while Mikoto kicks ass would send the fanbase in full on squeal mode.

Or Mikoto may just be seeing things and Touma isn't there... Which would still make the fanbase happy, especially if they have a scene after where she runs into Touma after the fact.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 23:50   Link #79
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Maybe, but I doubt it. If they want Railgun S to mesh at all with Index, anime or otherwise, then Touma CAN'T be present; he doesn't get involved until after Mikoto finds out that Tree Diagram was destroyed and she's out of options on how to stop the Level 6 program. Getting Touma involved earlier would change the entire thing, effectively making all of Railgun AU to Index.

Even if he's just passing through and comes across Mikoto and Frenda trying to kill one another, it's the new, post-feather Touma, and he wouldn't let things go like that, especially if he knows one of the girls involved. It could work out for Railgun's story, sure, but it wouldn't mesh up with anything else in the franchise.
Old 2013-04-14, 00:09   Link #80
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You know, doesn't the OP's Touma seem to be the version of Biribiri vision?
Wouldn't surprise me... after all, this is the story told from her POV, so of course we'd be seeing Touma in her POV...

And good thing I checked this thread after seeing the OP. With people pointing out that Touma arrives to fight against ITEM (and I assume those were anime-only), I was going "heywaitasec, I don't remember that..."

Would it be awesome? Yes. But, I'll settle for this series hopefully showing Touma taking out Accelerator

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote