AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-22, 23:34   Link #941
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Her Father funded the government who cracks down on rebel scum. Not the resistance.
Oh really?
and she ended up joining AKB0048

wow......
This might set up for some tragedy stuffs, if they're willing to go there, where her dad end up fighting with his daughter
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 23:41   Link #942
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Oh really?
and she ended up joining AKB0048

wow......
This might set up for some tragedy stuffs, if they're willing to go there, where her dad end up fighting with his daughter
Worst case is probably some sort of big evil DES officer who will serve as the turning point that the DGTO/Reapers aren't satisfied with jailing idols but outright killing anyone who is trying to endorse entertainment. He will shoot Chieri's father to set a clear example of hiding sympathizers.

Spoiler for DES Commander Idea:

Last edited by asaqe; 2012-05-22 at 23:57.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 23:54   Link #943
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Worst case is probably some sort of big evil DES officer who will serve as the turning point that the DGTO/Reapers aren't satisfied with jailing idols but outright killing anyone who is trying to endorse entertainment.
Chieri's father doesn't endorse entertainment. His company sells weapons to DES, so you could said that he basically "owns" DES.

Chieri's biggest enemy is ultimately her own father. And that's a very tragic thing in and of itself.
Old 2012-05-23, 00:12   Link #944
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
His company sells weapons to DES, so you could said that he basically "owns" DES.
I wouldn't consider those two things to be the same at all. The military gets weapons from contractors and such, but one could hardly say they own the military.

I doubt he would approve of his daughter becoming an idol, however. I suppose the biggest question about him is how strongly he'll react when he finds out.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 00:30   Link #945
mochichan

If Chieri father find out...or he probably know already, he might turn around and support AKB0048 since a parent can't support a side that might harm his own daughter.
But on one hand that's kinda interesting....since Chieri's father give DES the weapons that killed Kanata and Sonata's dad...

Oh wow..this anime can potentially go a dark route..... if Okada can make it go that direction.

it will end up being some Kdrama storyline tho lol XD
Old 2012-05-23, 00:39   Link #946
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I wouldn't consider those two things to be the same at all. The military gets weapons from contractors and such, but one could hardly say they own the military.
What I mean is that his company seems to be the main military contractor so DES is pretty much dependent on them.

In any case, the main issue concerning Chieri's character is that realizing that her family is part of all that is wrong in her world must be a pretty big blow for her. She wants to be an idol more than anyone else, and her own family is making money out of the people who want to destroy them.... that's like, pretty ugly stuff to cope with, for a little girl like her.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:12   Link #947
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
If Chieri father find out...or he probably know already, he might turn around and support AKB0048 since a parent can't support a side that might harm his own daughter.
But on one hand that's kinda interesting....since Chieri's father give DES the weapons that killed Kanata and Sonata's dad...

Oh wow..this anime can potentially go a dark route..... if Okada can make it go that direction.

it will end up being some Kdrama storyline tho lol XD
Well I think if she had to sneak off to do this then her father isn't the type to be easily turned. Depending on the type of guy he is might just outright disown her and act like he doesn't have a daughter.

From the OP I'm not going to be surprised at how dark this series might get. Though how dark it gets will be up to the series to decide.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:24   Link #948
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
What I mean is that his company seems to be the main military contractor so DES is pretty much dependent on them.

In any case, the main issue concerning Chieri's character is that realizing that her family is part of all that is wrong in her world must be a pretty big blow for her. She wants to be an idol more than anyone else, and her own family is making money out of the people who want to destroy them.... that's like, pretty ugly stuff to cope with, for a little girl like her.
She knows this from the get-go unlike Nagisa, she knows once she becomes an idol. She is committed for a long time and is preparing for the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I think if she had to sneak off to do this then her father isn't the type to be easily turned. Depending on the type of guy he is might just outright disown her and act like he doesn't have a daughter.

From the OP I'm not going to be surprised at how dark this series might get. Though how dark it gets will be up to the series to decide.
Or worse, have her daughter taken in alive so she would be sold to slavery or to be married in a loveless relationship a DES officer.

Quote:
Chieri's father doesn't endorse entertainment. His company sells weapons to DES, so you could said that he basically "owns" DES.

Chieri's biggest enemy is ultimately her own father. And that's a very tragic thing in and of itself.
The reason of the execution is to show how heartless the DES commander would be, showing that not even the most loyal can expect to be spared. A case of collective punishment to show what happens when little girls run away to become idols. Even if the father is completely against it, they must die as well.

Also on a not serious note, from rough kanji translations: Favorite Foods of the Trainees

Nagisa: Tomatos and Mother's cooking
Orine: Tofu and Scallop
Yuka: Deep Fried Food
Suzuko: Potato Chips
Mimori: Cherries
Kanata: Celery and ???
Makoto: Lobster, Cake, Hamburgers
Chieri: Chocolate and Russian Tea Time.
Sonata: Meatballs, Spaghetti and at least 2 litres of Soy milk! (Makes her body grow nice and curvy)

Last edited by asaqe; 2012-05-23 at 01:49.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 01:51   Link #949
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Their training will be hard but they get there
Old 2012-05-23, 01:53   Link #950
Kazu-kun

Quote:
She knows this from the get-go unlike Nagisa, she knows once she becomes an idol. She is committed for a long time and is preparing for the worst.
She may be prepared now, but it wasn't always like this. I mean, when she was a child she was obviously unaware of what her family was doing, and she was a lovely and lively little girl, as shown in the first episode. But at some point along the way she must have realized what her family was involved with, and that must have been a pretty big blow for her. I expect her personality changed so much due to something like this.

Anyway, we need Chieri's backstoy, to see what really happened with her that made her change so much.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:58   Link #951
mochichan

Chieri backstory probably will happen soon when they start working out Chieri issues.

Quote:
Nagisa: Tomatos and Mother's cooking
Orine: Tofu and Scallop
Yuka: Deep Fried Food
Suzuko: Potato Chips
Mimori: Cherries
Kanata: Celery and ???
Makoto: Lobster, Cake, Hamburgers
Chieri: Chocolate and Russian Tea Time.
Sonata: Meatballs, Spaghetti and at least 2 litres of Soy milk! (Makes her body grow nice and curvy)
IDK about the others but Nagisa's favorite food is Maeda Atsuko's too. Even the tomato thing....

:P

The part about Sonata and milk is adorable lol...

btw. AKB0048 iphone case already.. :O

Spoiler for iphone case:

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-05-23 at 12:19.
Old 2012-05-24, 00:39   Link #952
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Wow, from same hairstyle to same favorite food. Indeed Nagisa will inherit Acchan's greatness.
Old 2012-05-24, 09:12   Link #953
Liddo-kun
is this so?

A little late in watching the second episode.

Really liked this one. In personal preference.. Chieri, Sonata and Nagisa are the more interesting characters for now. So, Chieri grown up to be a serious person, who is slightly a tsundere? Sonata is funny, I do wonder why she failed the first test.

And lastly, Nagisa seems to be the overall good girl of the series. The only thing I didn't like about her is that her voice acting seems forced and unnatural at certain situations - but that's ok.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 09:17   Link #954
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Really liked this one. In personal preference.. Chieri, Sonata and Nagisa are the more interesting characters for now. So, Chieri grown up to be a serious person, who is slightly a tsundere? Sonata is funny, I do wonder why she failed the first test.
By the comment in episode 4, it seems she didn't pass the first test because she was under the minimum age.
Old 2012-05-24, 11:15   Link #955
mochichan

Yup~ Sonata is too loli :P
I think she's like 12 or something?
I guess they didn't think it's ok to send a little kids into a fight...tho.....the other members age aren't that much older either.
Old 2012-05-24, 13:07   Link #956
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

She is actually 10 years old.
Old 2012-05-24, 15:24   Link #957
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ha she have 10 years? I would have said more ....
Old 2012-05-24, 16:00   Link #958
Random Wanderer

10 seems about right for Sonata. That's the age I would have put her at, with the others around 13, or so. Well, Kanata and whatshername have been there for two years already, so they're probably two years older than the average for the rest of the group, but I think most of the new kids are probably around 13.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 16:03   Link #959
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Yeah around 12-13 years it seems that
Old 2012-05-24, 19:45   Link #960
mochichan

http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/3591962.html

oh wow..Makoto is actually older than the other girls...even Kanata....
I can't believe I just realize Sumire is the one doing the voice for Mimori....:O

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime