AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-06-06, 22:10   Link #81
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Problems with Witcher 2 gameplay:

Switching between Silver and Regular swords are slow and unintuitive, leave yourself completely exposed when dealing with humans and monsters at the same time. They need to get rid of this gimmick.

Enemies are stupid easy, you can perma stagger nearly every enemy till they die, just by mashing on the attack button.

Rolling on the ground, OP, you can be invincible just by spamming the rolling, and parrying is useless.

Magic is completely useless, outside of gimmicky uses to deal with some of the bosses.

Using daggers is a pain in the ass, and a waste of time. Having to be locked into place and requiring precise aiming is a waste of time when you have enemies charging at you. Not just daggers but you can go through the entire game without using a single secondary weapon and not feel the need to use any of it.

Going into meditation to drink a potion? you waste like a good minute just by doing that. Talking about pointless.

Menus are slow and laggy, I dreaded everytime I had to go into my inventory.

Terrible mapping system, can't tell which direction I'm facing most of the time.

There's just soooo many things about the game that was frustrating as hell. I found this post outlining almost everything I disliked about Witcher 2; probably explain it much better than I;

http://mygodwhathassciencedone.blogs...witcher-2.html
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 23:05   Link #82
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

^ Although the very first version of the witcher 2 had some game play bugs and issues, none of the stuff that you highlighted was an issue for me at all. I thoroughly enjoyed the combat, it felt challenging and rewarding. This is an RPG, not an action game. Also, the story and characters were superb.

I have clocked 217 hours in the game already, I certainly can't get enough of it. If you didn't like it I don't see you liking the next one.
Old 2014-06-07, 01:31   Link #83
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Switching between Silver and Regular swords are slow and unintuitive, leave yourself completely exposed when dealing with humans and monsters at the same time. They need to get rid of this gimmick.
Are you serious? You can easily switch the swords just by pressing the left(Steel) and Right(Silver) in the D-Pad if you are playing in a Xbox360 controller. If you are on PC you can just click, 1 and 2. Or you can go to the meditation options and select the sword there where the in-game goes to slow motion. This is not a flaw. This is just you nitpicking.

Quote:
Enemies are stupid easy, you can perma stagger nearly every enemy till they die, just by mashing on the attack button.
Yeah no. You can't perma stagger nearly every enemy because every enemy will just block your attack. If you keep mashing the attack button they will just parry it and some of the enemies nearby will just attack you.

Quote:
Rolling on the ground, OP, you can be invincible just by spamming the rolling, and parrying is useless.
Parrying is not useless. You can maneuver the enemy by parrying then attacking them gives bonus damage. You can't just keep rolling on the ground either because you'll have to attack the enemies too.

Quote:

Magic is completely useless, outside of gimmicky uses to deal with some of the bosses.
No would beat this game without using the signs. You can't beat the game without using Quen because it absorbs any incoming damage to a certain point and most enemies in the game can deal massive damage to you especially in the early levels. Some of the boss can even kill you in 5 or 7 hits. Almost anyone who actually played the game will say that Quen is the most useful sign. Igni deals a good amount of damage to the enemies and you can sometimes one shot them if you upgraded the sign and you have a pretty good stat. Yrden is very useful magic trap for any enemies and can be very helpful for larger enemies such as Trolls, Golems, Bullvore, Draugirs, and Draug. Aard is used to stun and push enemies while you can finish the others off. It can also use to destroy some objects that might have some secrets in it. Now i never used Axii in combat but it can be useful in the dialogue options.

So magic is NOT completely useless. In fact, they are very necessary and an integral part of the combat.

Quote:
Problems with Witcher 2 gameplay:
Using daggers is a pain in the ass, and a waste of time. Having to be locked into place and requiring precise aiming is a waste of time when you have enemies charging at you. Not just daggers but you can go through the entire game without using a single secondary weapon and not feel the need to use any of it.
I'll give you that one. Didn't use seconday weapons either unless i need to destroy a nest or some shit.

Quote:
Going into meditation to drink a potion? you waste like a good minute just by doing that. Talking about pointless.
Wait what? You can drink all the potions you need in just 5 seconds assuming you don't need to craft them. The Potions are also very important because they gives health boost, poision resistance, bleeding resistance and other stuff. So no. They are not pointless.

Quote:
Menus are slow and laggy, I dreaded everytime I had to go into my inventory.

Terrible mapping system, can't tell which direction I'm facing most of the time.
Never had any problem with them. It's just you.

Most of your complaints are simply not true and others are just based on preference such as the one in the map and the inventory. I'm surprised the stealth sections were not listed though. They were pretty terrible.

Last edited by Vladrave; 2014-06-07 at 03:23.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 11:27   Link #84
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Are you serious? You can easily switch the swords just by pressing the left(Steel) and Right(Silver) in the D-Pad if you are playing in a Xbox360 controller. If you are on PC you can just click, 1 and 2. Or you can go to the meditation options and select the sword there where the in-game goes to slow motion. This is not a flaw. This is just you nitpicking.
It's not the mapping that is an issue, it's the slow ass animation of sheathing and un-sheathing.

Quote:
Yeah no. You can't perma stagger nearly every enemy because every enemy will just block your attack. If you keep mashing the attack button they will just parry it and some of the enemies nearby will just attack you.
uh yeah, no. Most enemies don't block.

[Quote}
Parrying is not useless. You can maneuver the enemy by parrying then attacking them gives bonus damage. You can't just keep rolling on the ground either because you'll have to attack the enemies too.
[/quote]

Roll > Attack > Roll > Repeat

Quote:
No would beat this game without using the signs. You can't beat the game without using Quen because it absorbs any incoming damage to a certain point and most enemies in the game can deal massive damage to you especially in the early levels. Some of the boss can even kill you in 5 or 7 hits. Almost anyone who actually played the game will say that Quen is the most useful sign. Igni deals a good amount of damage to the enemies and you can sometimes one shot them if you upgraded the sign and you have a pretty good stat. Yrden is very useful magic trap for any enemies and can be very helpful for larger enemies such as Trolls, Golems, Bullvore, Draugirs, and Draug. Aard is used to stun and push enemies while you can finish the others off. It can also use to destroy some objects that might have some secrets in it. Now i never used Axii in combat but it can be useful in the dialogue options.

So magic is NOT completely useless. In fact, they are very necessary and an integral part of the combat.
I already mentioned that magic is useless outside of a few gimmick fights where you need to use magic, like the squid boss.

Quote:
Wait what? You can drink all the potions you need in just 5 seconds assuming you don't need to craft them. The Potions are also very important because they gives health boost, poision resistance, bleeding resistance and other stuff. So no. They are not pointless.
5 seconds? that laggy ass transition into the meditation screen, and laggy ass navigation of the menu, that's hardly 5 seconds. I played the game at 1080p on Ultra with no frame drops, and it goes to shit every time I enter the menus.

Quote:
Never had any problem with them. It's just you.

Most of your complaints are simply not true and others are just based on preference such as the one in the map and the inventory. I'm surprised the stealth sections were not listed though. They were pretty terrible.
Yeah I think you're blinded by fanboyism.
Old 2014-06-07, 18:48   Link #85
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

That's your response? Really? LOL And i'm the one blinded with Fanboyism. Yes, i admit though i'm a witcher fanboy and yet i proven you wrong with your brain dead idiotic responses. At least i actually played the game than watching a walkthrough on youtube LOLOL
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 06:45   Link #86
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Some of the boss can even kill you in 5 or 7 hits.
I was really confused by this for a second then remembered there are modes other than "Dark"
Old 2014-06-08, 07:53   Link #87
deathcoy

Damn excited for Witcher 3 but still long till release date zzzzz, I pre-ordered and have to wait 9 mths.

I forsee the ending with the player having to choose Yennfer or Triss... Gonna be sad but im prepared!!! Wish western games also believe in polygamy hahaha...

Also looking forward to their new IP, Cyberpunk 2077, whole new verse, from medieval fantasy to futureristic dystopian... Have high hopes for this 1.

Last edited by deathcoy; 2014-06-08 at 08:12.
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 12:48   Link #88
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post
I forsee the ending with the player having to choose Yennfer or Triss... Gonna be sad but im prepared!!! Wish western games also believe in polygamy hahaha...
Never read the novels so I do not know much about Yennifer beside her being Geralt's "ex".

TBH I still do not trust Triss. She seems to have "too many secrets" that she is hiding, and is the type to be ready to hide even more - yet I feel she is genuinely in love with Geralt. Geralt on the other hand, I get the feeling that he almost "does not care" about being used as a pawn in whatever scheme.

I might end up picking the lone wolf route...

This also begs the question: what happens after the player has "defeated" (?) the Wild Hunt? What will Geralt do?
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 15:21   Link #89
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well after seeing the Witcher 3 gameplay, it looks like they finally improved the combat system. Hotkeying healing potions is a +, not having to go into the meditation window to switch magics is great, which makes combat much more fluid.

I'll keep a positive outlook on this one, despite my misgivings on the last games.
Old 2014-08-12, 10:44   Link #90
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 11:24   Link #91
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Gameplay Video :

YouTube

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 06:09   Link #92
Sacredus

I bring you news from Poland! Platige Image just confirmed on their facebook page, that they want create new Witcher movie Director? Of course Tomasz Bagiński (nominated to the Oscar Cathedral and all Witcher games intros). And now bad news. This would be not animation, but live action movie so... all my hype died. Last time, when we tried adapt Witcher saga it ended... well see yourself:
YouTube

Last edited by Sacredus; 2014-08-22 at 06:24.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 17:31   Link #93
Sacredus

It's sad to see this topic dead... Anyway.

Ciri had been confirmed as second playable character and they will propably show her Witcher training (good way to teach new players how to play - last new screen). It was in "Blood of the Elfs" book in original saga if anyone is interesed.

Images
(BIG) New screens

Images
(BIG) Panoramas

Source
Old 2014-12-15, 20:53   Link #94
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Nice pictures.

It's cool you will get to play certain sections as Cilla. Should be interesting.
Old 2015-04-10, 10:37   Link #95
Chase

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Official Gameplay Trailer
YouTube
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 11:49   Link #96
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I never liked The Witcher series, primarily because you were constrained to a set path (the combat system too, but probably because it required more work than button mashing I'll have to admit lolz). Now that it is open world, I'm highly considering getting this. That gameplay trailer alone looks pretty sikkkk

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 12:08   Link #97
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

"Drink with me co@! sucka"

XD oh god this game is gonna be awesome..
Old 2015-04-10, 17:10   Link #98
Alchemist007
*Author

Only 50 pages left on the last book for me, feels so timely that they're coming back to the main story after only hinting at it in the first two games.
Old 2015-05-08, 05:36   Link #99
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Latest Trailer before the game is out.
YouTube

And Conan plays The Witcher 3.
YouTube
Old 2015-05-08, 14:30   Link #100
Sacredus

Connan funny as always...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Only 50 pages left on the last book for me, feels so timely that they're coming back to the main story after only hinting at it in the first two games.
I thought that not all books had been released in US... or you're reading fan translations?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher
The Swallow's Tower - 2016 UK (no info on US release)
Lady of the Lake - 2017 UK (no info on US release)

Season of the Storms - no info < it's side story anyway.

And since I checked English Wiki page...
Quote:
In non-Witcher anthologies

Coś się kończy, coś się zaczyna (Something Ends, Something Begins) (2000) – this collection contains various stories by Sapkowski, including two from the Witcher saga.
One of this stories (title "Something Ends, Something Begins") can be considered as alternative Witcher saga ending (or doujin like SAO Ultimate Way).
Spoiler:

Don't ask for spoilers, I dind't read this.