Notices

Old 2007-12-16, 18:48   Link #1681
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
AC Milan beat Boca 4-2
Well, I should be kind of sad since it's a team from my country, but Boca is my team's (River Plate) historic rival, so I can't help but feel a bit happy over their loss

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 19:12   Link #1682
User65554
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Well, I should be kind of sad since it's a team from my country, but Boca is my team's (River Plate) historic rival, so I can't help but feel a bit happy over their loss
Fair dos. I wish Chelsea the worst in every game they play.
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 03:31   Link #1683
nejielf2
Flying alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK-Pitt View Post
Exactly. Mark Hughes is Welsh (and has managed the Wales)
1-0
His Welsh, my bad

Quote:
And AC Milan beat Boca 4-2, Man U beat Liverpool 1-0, Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0
Milan still too strong for Boca, sayonara Benitez ??? welcome Mourinho???, I still dont feel Avram Grant good enough.
nejielf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 04:43   Link #1684
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Arsenal got lucky because our assassinator is not playing I do not know if its Jose thats a better tactician the AW or we just unable to cope with Drogba before

Also, watching yesterday's match, is it me or do Chelsea never really change their playing style .. It still looks familiar like during Jose's era D:

Granted, this is the 2nd time I watch them play (1st game I've watched them under AG is during their match against ManU) but still.. booooooorrriiinnnggg!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 09:09   Link #1685
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I took some time off to let off some steam, since some of the 'Pool criticism was just getting more and more ridiculous.

The timing of my last response was most unfortunate, as Rafa chose that moment to voice his dispute with the American owners. It was a clash of cultures. The American investor concerned about his investment and the European coach needing to make sure the team is in order. However, never did I once believe all that shit-stirring stuff the tabloid tried to pull about Rafa in the brink of being sacked. Talk about trigger happy journalism.

Well, after 8-0, 4-1 and 4-0 and getting 10 points in the last 3 group games to qualify for the last 16 of the UCL, that'll soften the blow a bit. I personally want to see 'Pool play Real Madrid, so Arsenal can pick a "softer" team, OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Also, don't compare Pool to Gunners please, Arsene made the team from boys and turned them to mens, Rafa bought world classes.
KiNa, this has got to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever seen you made. So you're saying Steven Gerrard is bought? So you're saying Jamie Carragher is bought? OK, maybe it's just these two that are "home grown" at the moment. However, there are certain promising "boys" from South America and Europe that he's bought into the Liverpool reserves lately, so much so that Liverpool Reserves are currently top of the Reserve League. One such name is Lucas Leiva, who nearly scored after he replaced Gerrard in the Merseyside Derby, if it weren't for Phil Neville thinking he's the GK.

And what about Thierry Henry, Patrick Viera and Robert Pires in the early years of Wenger's reign? He needed these experience players to play alongside your boys in the first few years before they can go on their own and become the "men" as you so define.

If you thought I was rude, then I'll gladly apologize for this and for comparing the Gunner with Liverpool, but don't you ever give me this crap about Liverpool buying their success like Chelski again, that just makes my blood boil.

And bear in mind Man U spent twice as much as Liverpool in the summer, and the press expected Rafa either win the PL or quit. Talk about double standards.

PS Congratulations to Arsenal finishing top on "Super Sunday", may you long keep SAF at bay.

Rafa's still got a long way to go to figure out how to beat the Big 3, but he's getting there. Rafa often gets criticized for rotation, but against United, he kept the same side, and still gets criticized for losing 3 points, the guy can't win, can he?

At least he'll be able to tell his American bosses "See? Told you we needed to bring in more quality players."
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 14:49   Link #1686
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Yeah, but none of them are any good .
In a few years time, maybe Paul Ince or Aidy Boothroyd, or some of the other young managers coming in, but at the moment there aren't any great English managers. Good ones, maybe, but with their players England should be one of the best international teams, and to get there we need one of the best managers (then again, club football is very different to international football, and some of the coaches who are good motivators, and don't need much time with their players... But is that a risk the FA would want to take?)
I think Martin O'Neal were a better choice as England Manager, he did a good job at Celtic
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 15:41   Link #1687
User65554
Disabled By Request

And he's Northern Irish
Plenty of good British managers, pity none of them are English
Old 2007-12-18, 14:55   Link #1688
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
And he's Northern Irish
Plenty of good British managers, pity none of them are English
so what, he is still from the kingdom
Old 2007-12-18, 17:11   Link #1689
Bekki
\(。◕‿◕。)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeplayer987 View Post
I think Martin O'Neal were a better choice as England Manager, he did a good job at Celtic
I don't think he would have done a good at England though...It's a completely different level of football. He's doing 'alright' at Villa, but I think Capello was the better choice. He has experience with the big-name players and participation in the big games. I just wish Mourinho would have taken the job. I hate how he used us to get a job in Italy. Anyway what can I say...I support Arsenal, and am so glad they beat Chelsea at the weekend. Watching the Carling Cup right now, and Blackburn have done well to get two goals back. Extra time right now.
Bekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 18:14   Link #1690
User65554
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeplayer987 View Post
so what, he is still from the kingdom
So is Sir Alex Ferguson.
But I see your point (although the national teams in Britain are split up, so maybe it's different)

But O'Neil would have been a good manager IMO. Just not as good as the Speacial One or the Fab One.
Old 2007-12-19, 00:41   Link #1691
nejielf2
Flying alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
I don't think he would have done a good at England though...It's a completely different level of football. He's doing 'alright' at Villa, but I think Capello was the better choice. He has experience with the big-name players and participation in the big games.
I hope Capello won't do same mistake like he did in Madrid. Despite he got the tittle, he still have to realize how important the player he has. I mean I hope he has more heart than ambition.
Old 2007-12-19, 02:58   Link #1692
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by nejielf2 View Post
I mean I hope he has more heart than ambition.
I highly doubt about that. He's always been like this in all the teams he coached. As I said earlier he doesn't care if a player is notorious/credited whatsoever, if he doesn't need him for his own tactical purposes then he won't hesitate to exclude such player from the starting lineup. Heck, even Del Piero warmed up the bench for quite a while when Capello coached Juventus. But if the english players will show him motivation and will to adapt to his tactical schemes and strategies, then he'll surely be more "forgiving" towards them. He's always been like that, and I doubt he's going to change now, since it's a typical trait of his attitude and personality.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 12:12   Link #1693
User65554
Disabled By Request

I think thats a good thing, as it's the sort of thing the England players need to wake them up
Old 2007-12-20, 06:39   Link #1694
arcadeplayer987

Chelsea - Liverpool 2-0
After loosing with Arsenal, Chelsea made a good game against Liverpool and is in semifinal of English League Cup
Old 2007-12-20, 14:42   Link #1695
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

What did you all think of Kaka winning Fifa World Player of the Year (As obvious as it was, that he was going to win ) I fail to see how Messi got more votes than Ronaldo...
Ronaldo done a lot more to deserve the award..imo...
Regardless...Still a worthy winner and just another Brazilian in the long list over the past decade to win it.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 03:22   Link #1696
nejielf2
Flying alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
What did you all think of Kaka winning Fifa World Player of the Year (As obvious as it was, that he was going to win )
I agree he is the right choice

Quote:
I fail to see how Messi got more votes than Ronaldo...
Ronaldo done a lot more to deserve the award..imo...
maybe because he looks like the legend Diego Maradona, that makes voter chose him [/QUOTE]

Quote:
Regardless...Still a worthy winner and just another Brazilian in the long list over the past decade to win it.
yeah, too many talent there....

btw here the list:
FIFA World Player 2007

men
* 1. KAKA (BRA)
* 2. Lionel MESSI (ARG)
* 3. Cristiano RONALDO (POR)

women
* 1. MARTA (BRA)
* 2. Birgit PRINZ (GER)
* 3. CRISTIANE (BRA)
Old 2007-12-21, 11:16   Link #1697
User65554
Disabled By Request

Lawrie Sanchez has been sacked by Fulham, bringing this farce for both of them for an end. Coleman wasn't that bad a manager to be sacked in the first place, and Sanchez was a fool for swapping NI for Fulham. He didn't manage to repeat his NI success at Fulham, and now they're close to relegation.
I hope McLeish is watching.

CL draw:
Celtic v Barcelona
Lyon v Manchester United
Schalke v Porto
Liverpool v Inter Milan
Roma v Real Madrid
Arsenal v AC Milan
Olympiakos v Chelsea
Fenerbahce v Sevilla
Old 2007-12-22, 09:45   Link #1698
arcadeplayer987

Arsenal - Milan and Lyon - Manchester will be the most interesting matches
Old 2007-12-22, 10:16   Link #1699
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

All is well that ends well.

2-1

Thank you.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 18:55   Link #1700
nejielf2
Flying alien

Beckham to train with Arsenal, press said

Wenger said Beckham comes to train only to keep his fitness for incoming England international match. He will come on MLS break time.

What do you think? I feel it weird, I mean why Arsenal not MU, and feel like Wenger the one who wants it.

Tags
football, soccer