Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-30, 10:35   Link #161
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
yes that is exactly what I meant. Of course this does include the Garra siblings, but mostly just konoha chuunin exam teams, sensei and kabuto. The only 'new' (post timeskip) characters I cared about were akatsuki and they already died. Madara and the new Kages are interesting, but only as a ruler for Garra, Naruto, and Sasuke.
Yeah. I could do away with the post-timeskip characters, namely the other Kages except for maybe the Raikage because of his relation with Killer Bee, who is in turn quite important in Naruto as he's the only other remaining Jinchuuriki left. Madara needs to be important since he's the main villain but I'd like the story to focus on Kabuto first until his time comes, and then worry about Madara and Sasuke.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 19:25   Link #162
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I'm sure Omoi is weaker than Sasuke was, Omoi is nowhere near that level, just remember Sasuke's battles against Orochimaru, Deidara and Itachi. But he's still elite, just not on that insanely strong level that Sasuke is. Sasuke and Naruto are so much overpowered by now that all this 4th ninja war is just a nice warm up for their fight
Omoi is bee's student. Now, look at how effortlessly bee disposed of sasuke. And im talking before he even needed to use his biju powers. On his sheer swordsmanship and use of lightning element alone he killed sasuke, TWICE(yes sasuke wouldve died had it not been for his team). Its not a stretch to believe then that omoi is at least nearly as powerful as sasuke pre-MS.

Remeber back in the zabuza arc when kakashi said Quote "there are ninja out there younger than you (naruto) yet stronger than me". Well, i've been waiting for 4 frickin years for these ninja's to appear. kishi implied that the Naruverse is huge and full of strong and interesting characters. Im actually glad that he's giving developement to non-leaf ninja. This is after all a Ninja war, not the leaf + 'random weak guys who dont know jack shit about being a ninja apart from throwing kunai's and the occasional explosive tag' war.

Last edited by solidguy; 2010-11-30 at 22:12.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 01:24   Link #163
tkdtiger

You know what would be funny if neji runs into his dad and his dad is like Wtf why haven't you avenged me yet
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 15:34   Link #164
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Omoi is bee's student. Now, look at how effortlessly bee disposed of sasuke. And im talking before he even needed to use his biju powers. On his sheer swordsmanship and use of lightning element alone he killed sasuke, TWICE(yes sasuke wouldve died had it not been for his team). Its not a stretch to believe then that omoi is at least nearly as powerful as sasuke pre-MS.
Until now we haven't seen anything from Omoi that's even near as great as what Sasuke had even before he gained MS. First thing is Sasuke's sharingan eye that gives him a taijutsu powerup, then he has mastery of lighning element shape manipulation, he has great genjutsu ability based on his sharingan, he has high level fire jutsu, and finally there is the Kirin jutsu. Add to that the snake summonings and cursed seal level 2 and the power of the white snake of Orochimaru, indeed he lost that power by now but pre-MS he had all those powers. He was also smart in battles, often tricking the enemy.

In the Bee vs Sasuke battle there were two important advantages for Bee: first Sasuke was so arrogant that he didn't prepare for the fight, even while fighting he was underestimating Bee, secondly Bee was the worst opponent for Sasuke, a natural enemy. Sasuke's genjutsu was useless, sharingan taijutsu was useless because of all those swords, lighting element was useless because Bee had that too. Omoi does not have a cooperating demon to break Sasuke's genjutsu, Omoi doesn't use so many swords that Sasuke's sharinan eyes cannot follow, and finally we can safely assume that Omoi's lighting element is far weaker than Bee's element which was also powered by the demon's chakra. Sasuke could also use Manda as he wanted by using genjutsu on it, i doubt that Omoi has a boss summon of that level. Then there was Sasuke's CS2 transformation.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 17:30   Link #165
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Ah, well that's reasonable. Technically, I guess any jounin could be considered elite ninja. What I consider to be "elite" is someone who's at least roughly on par with Kakashi. I get the impression that Omoi's level is more comparable to the former rookies (albeit the stronger ones like Neji, who is a jounin) than someone like Kakashi. But he could be stronger than that. Like you said, the gap between the very strongest characters and everyone else is pretty large.

That doesn't explain why he chose to give the crow to Naruto (why not Sasuke?) and all the questions to Naruto about his relationship with Sasuke.

And give less attention Sai. He's an annoying, boring character.
I don't understand why do people hate Sai I like him.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion