AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 27 Rating
Perfect 10 20 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 31.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-06, 23:54   Link #61
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Why Hina is popular?

Tsundere check.
Flirty (with Hayate) check.
Pink hair check.
Loli body check.
Fights with sword check.
Old 2007-10-07, 00:30   Link #62
therationalpi

Good amount of Hina in this episode, she had some good scenes. I probably should point out that she ranks about forth on my list of characters for the series, but I still really like her and think she deserves more screen time.

As far as how this episode fit with the rest of the anime, as the topic has been brought up, I would say that it works well as a satire of combat anime series. Although the whole "Butlers that fight" thing is old hat at this point, constructing a tournament adds another level of absurdity to the whole situation. I have long been of the opinion that if you want to use absurdity as the basis for comedy, then you need to have someone take the absurdity seriously. The Superintendent and her tournament does just that.

And here I am pontificating about the importance and subtlety of comedy. I think I may be channeling Sakuya. Well, nothing wrong with that, I guess. Sakuya is amazing , but sorely missing from this episode.

On another note, the new OP is alright and the new ED sort of irks me. The new OP doesn't have enough Sakuya, and the new ED only has Nagi. Now, Nagi is great and all...but there are other characters in the series (Like Sakuya, Isumi, and Hingiku). The strength of the old EDs was that they featured all the characters in some form or another. Everyone got to see their favorite characters, and there was still a sense of the scenes being in-character for everyone. Nothing against Nagi, but I feel a bit uncomfortable watching the cutesy skipping through the forest thing with the super cutesy music.
Old 2007-10-07, 09:22   Link #63
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Relax. New season, (meaning new OP and ED karaoke, new logo...), several new preparations, quarterly RL issues for some staff members and work on Shakugan no Shana movie --> takes some time.

We (as in Static-Subs and Eclipse) have decided to do Hayate till the end.
God mentar you guys must be stretched thin with clannad, shana, and this...No worries if anythings late I say.

The episode was pretty funny but seeing as ive never been a huge hina fan (Dodges thrown rotten vegetables) it was merely OK. Have to laugh at klaus though barely even making an effort to conceal himself...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-10-08, 00:15   Link #64
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
If this aired during Hinagiku's competition in Saimoe, she wouldn't have a problem winning. That episode was awesome. So much Hina, blushing Hina, Kendo Hina. I really enjoyed this episode even though it was only a filler.
Yeah the lack of screen time in Hayate really hurt her in Saimoe.
Old 2007-10-08, 07:28   Link #65
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
Why Hina is popular?

Tsundere check.
Flirty (with Hayate) check.
Pink hair check.
Loli body check.
Fights with sword check.
This has been talked about before but tsundere means: personality that is initially combative, but becomes loving and emotionally vulnerable. You can clearly see by her appearances that her personality isn't combative to start off with. She is already very loving to start off with and shows a deep understanding of Hayate and care for her friends.

An example would be:

Spoiler for Forgot which ep but it was one of the subbed one:

That kind of insight and warmness, don't usually appear on Tsundere characters early on... In other words Hinagiku isn't a Tsundere, you could say she's like a spunkier version of Kotori from DC with pink hair instead of red
Old 2007-10-08, 07:39   Link #66
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
[FONT="Century Gothic"]God mentar you guys must be stretched thin with clannad, shana, and this...No worries if anythings late I say.
Mentar: Maybe you guys should drop something. I recommend something no-one's watching... like Shana. Ok, just ignore everything I've said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
Well actually... She shows up more in the manga. Why is all the good characters never get much screen time (I.E. SAKUYA-SAMA!!!!)
The problem with Sakuya getting more screentime is that she's ultimately a gag character. An incredibly hilarious gag character, yes, but a gag character nonetheless, and too much screentime could see her become old, quickly. That's why I think the way they're using her at the moment works well; she shows up rarely, but when she does, she has big impact (and I have big laughs).

I swear to god, she gets some of the best lines in this series.
Old 2007-10-08, 08:30   Link #67
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

oh and I thought the new start of new OP and ED does refresh the anime that currently going less interesting as time goes by.

I absolutely like how they are doing something like tournament or some culture festival to make the show livelier.

More Hina, more power~
Old 2007-10-08, 10:19   Link #68
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
even tho this episode was so hilarious and it actually held my intrest throughout the whole show, [sarcasm] I felt empty at the end. I mean who could Hayate be up against in the next episode. I just can't wait any longer, ahhhh! [/sarcasm]

nah seriously tho this episode wasn't that bad, there could've been more action maybe, and it could've been three hours long with no interruptions, yet that beginning was just crazy so I'm satisfied
Old 2007-10-08, 12:40   Link #69
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah the lack of screen time in Hayate really hurt her in Saimoe.
Don't let it happen again. Hinagiku is up for Best Moe today
Old 2007-10-08, 14:49   Link #70
Mentar
Banned

Wow, that was much easier than expected to vote for her. 1 minute and I was done. If I think what a chore it seems to be to vote in Saimoe...
Old 2007-10-08, 15:34   Link #71
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yes that was rather easy compared to Saimoe, +1 for Hina.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:16   Link #72
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Wow, that was much easier than expected to vote for her. 1 minute and I was done. If I think what a chore it seems to be to vote in Saimoe...
Yup, that's the best thing about Best Moe, that it is easy to vote for and there's none of the fake vote and interim vote count crap. You just vote your moe and go on with your life. Of course, that is also less dramatic.

I don't think I've mentioned this, but thanks for subbing awesome shows and doing such a good job. I've enjoyed SnS, HnG, Claymore, SnS Movie, Clannad, and SnS II. Thanks!

Now convince other members of Eclipse to vote for Hina

If it wasn't obvious in my sig:

Voting in Best Moe
Old 2007-10-08, 19:52   Link #73
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Oooo nice system I popped on to vote for Hina and then noticed that her opponent is Eva! Won't say who I voted for *cough cough*

I'm looking forward to how Hayate can beat the masked wonders, I hope he does it by transforming into Neko Mimi Mode
Old 2007-10-08, 19:58   Link #74
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

I put sakuya.... NO ONE IS GONNA VOTE FOR SAKUYA? AM I THE ONLY ONE!!! Bunch of haters >_>
Old 2007-10-08, 20:19   Link #75
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Mmm thats a fairly painless voting system...Although I think I just hurt you more then helped neut...Forgive me.

I dont know why I havent really gotten into her character yet...Probably has something to do with my pesky maria obsession...Honestly wheres the Maid tournament eh?

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-10-09, 01:50   Link #76
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Mmm thats a fairly painless voting system...Although I think I just hurt you more then helped neut...Forgive me.

I dont know why I havent really gotten into her character yet...Probably has something to do with my pesky maria obsession...Honestly wheres the Maid tournament eh?
Now that is a good point, I can't think of any maid as uber as Maria is. I can't get enough of her I'm only 17 issue
Old 2007-10-09, 05:48   Link #77
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

umm can i ask how do i vote for hinagiku? Can someone give me a link or something so I can vote?
Old 2007-10-09, 07:21   Link #78
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
umm can i ask how do i vote for hinagiku? Can someone give me a link or something so I can vote?
Here:

http://moet.anizone.net/index.php?lang=eng
Old 2007-10-09, 12:03   Link #79
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What won me over for this episode was Hinagiku's

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-09, 15:02   Link #80
ellifeedn
Thinker

Was the superintendent and her female butler (aren't butlers supposed to be male? not that I'm complaining) and this whole butler tournament in the manga?
Closed Thread