AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 11:00   Link #81
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Remember when the P4 anime site first started teasing? It would randomly have clips which showed up at midnight on certain days just like in P4. This is P3, so it uses a moon phase calendar. July 3rd was a full moon, and that's when the site went up. The next full moon is August 1st.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 03:44   Link #82
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Fuck, the internet told me Aug 1 was a full moon. Either that is wrong or Aniplex is being lame, because the Persona 3 movie promo twitter account just teased that "tonight is a full moon": https://twitter.com/P3movie/status/230927037030879233

Looks like we'll be getting an update in a little over 6 hours.
Old 2012-08-02, 10:01   Link #83
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.p3m.jp/

Yup, they updated with the short teaser clip which they showed at the end of the P4 recap movie screenings. Nothing much to see, but there should be another update at the next full moon.
Old 2012-08-02, 16:53   Link #84
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I'm glad that they're adapting Persona 3, but how are they gonna adapt Persona 3 as a movie? Maybe just adapting the key events?
Old 2012-08-02, 17:45   Link #85
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://www.p3m.jp/

Yup, they updated with the short teaser clip which they showed at the end of the P4 recap movie screenings. Nothing much to see, but there should be another update at the next full moon.
That's gonna suck considering when the next full moon is (8/31 13:58).

http://moonphases.info/full_moon_cal...oon_dates_2012
Old 2012-08-02, 21:41   Link #86
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Hmmmm.... the official PR Twitter account for the Persona 3 movie seems to be implying in a post teasing more news in future that the project might consist of more than a single movie. I wonder if they're going to do something like Kara no Kyoukai...
Old 2012-08-02, 22:53   Link #87
OPN

Quote:
Hmmmm.... the official PR Twitter account for the Persona 3 movie seems to be implying in a post teasing more news in future that the project might consist of more than a single movie. I wonder if they're going to do something like Kara no Kyoukai...
Doesn't surprise me at all in the least since i expected it since its kinda insane to do it all in one movie. I predict three movies like mardock scramble another aniplex production.
Old 2012-08-03, 02:27   Link #88
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

the question is that is it canon to the P3 and P4 storyline?
Old 2012-08-03, 13:02   Link #89
Vicious108

Quote:
That would be great. More movies need to go the KnK route to allow for proper pacing and coverage of the events.

Teaser in youtube form for those who haven't seen it yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW4ngVC3LHc

The Evoker looks a bit off, but still a cool teaser.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 13:32   Link #90
Snuffle
likes cute things

I'm hoping there will be a romance interest for the MC this time... Unlike P4 >_>
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 13:35   Link #91
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
The Evoker looks a bit off, but still a cool teaser.
Yah, that Evoker looks way too simple but the character design looks great to me
Old 2012-08-03, 14:02   Link #92
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I'm hoping there will be a romance interest for the MC this time... Unlike P4 >_>
Both Yukari and Aegis were romantic interests for the MC in the main story, so, if they're being faithful to that, he should.

I can't remember P4 as well (and haven't watched the anime), but from what I remember the romance was mostly S-Links exclusive in that one, which may be why they did not adapt it. But as I said in P3 the romance is part of the main story, so they can't really ignore it.

I just hope that if they do go the KnK way then they'll also adapt The Answer. Very underrated conclusion to the story IMO and it was annoying enough that it was cut out of the Portable version of the game.
Old 2012-08-03, 15:26   Link #93
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Both Yukari and Aegis were romantic interests for the MC in the main story, so, if they're being faithful to that, he should.

I can't remember P4 as well (and haven't watched the anime), but from what I remember the romance was mostly S-Links exclusive in that one, which may be why they did not adapt it. But as I said in P3 the romance is part of the main story, so they can't really ignore it.
I'm aware of that, I've played both games. Even though Yukari is the Lovers Arcana, I don't really think she's a core part of the story... unless I'm remembering wrong. However, Aegis relationship with the MC is a very important I'm pretty sure.

In P4 Rise is the Lovers Arcana. The anime adaption did not show her flirting with the MC at all!! (not including the night club event). In the game, there are quite a few scenes with Rise flirting with the pimp MC.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 15:36   Link #94
Vicious108

From what I remember it's true that Yukari's feelings for the MC weren't a big part of the story in The Journey, but they definitely were in The Answer. She was quite jealous of the connection between him and Aegis in that one. But who knows if it'll be adapted.
Old 2012-08-03, 21:57   Link #95
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
I just hope that if they do go the KnK way then they'll also adapt The Answer. Very underrated conclusion to the story IMO and it was annoying enough that it was cut out of the Portable version of the game.
They'll make The Answer an exclusive OVA for the Blu-ray box set!

/me runs and hides
Old 2012-08-03, 23:00   Link #96
OPN

Quote:
They'll make The Answer an exclusive OVA for the Blu-ray box set!

/me runs and hides
Knowing aniplex thats pretty likely .
Old 2012-08-03, 23:23   Link #97
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i hope this time they do show that the characters can fight, since parts of the story demand it that way, i still find funny how they made that change in the P4 anime and then release a fighting game.
Old 2012-08-06, 00:09   Link #98
webkid94
*Author

My guess on what the movies will cover (spoiler tags for those who haven't played the game) or what I want it to

Spoiler for How the possible movies may be stuctured:

Last edited by webkid94; 2012-08-06 at 00:29.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 08:00   Link #99
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i dont think this will be a sequel , the sequel will definitely be persona5 when they release it..........if ever
Old 2012-08-14, 08:33   Link #100
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
i dont think this will be a sequel , the sequel will definitely be persona5 when they release it..........if ever
I thought Atlus wanted to expand their market share with this movie? It wouldn't do them any good if the movie is a sequel not all viewers will understand right?
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote