AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-12-07, 16:10   Link #31301
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
The intent is obvious; Beatrice is showing Battler that his failing to remember is literally derailing the plat.
Okay, then I guess we basically agree on that point. The plot that gets derailed was created by both meta-Beatrice (or she wouldn't have shown this scene) and piece-Beatrice (or she wouldn't have approached Battler in that way). Both Beatrices challenged Battler to remember, and both were utterly disappointed when he failed, so much that they ended up taking their own lives shortly afterward.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 21:17   Link #31302
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Okay, then I guess we basically agree on that point. The plot that gets derailed was created by both meta-Beatrice (or she wouldn't have shown this scene) and piece-Beatrice (or she wouldn't have approached Battler in that way). Both Beatrices challenged Battler to remember, and both were utterly disappointed when he failed, so much that they ended up taking their own lives shortly afterward.
I think the ending we saw was, more or less, planned. Likely by then Yasu had already killed everyone except maybe Maria.
The only thing that could have been changed if Battler had remembered was maybe for her not to kill herself and/or give him a way out of the island... although it's also possible that the optional ending she planned was for her and Battler to die together and reach the golden land where everyone else was.
Or maybe not even that.
In Ep 3 even if Beato beats EvaBeatrice, Eva goes on and kills PieceBattler so it's possible a 'bad ending' is always what will happen on the gameboard.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 10:41   Link #31303
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Ryukishi said he would add extra clues in the manga, which is why in EP 8 manga version the game that Ange plays with her relatives is pretty different and filled with clues. However I don't know if he started adding clues right from the first volumes of the manga or in those he gave the manga authors more freedom.

If i don't remember wrong in EP 3 there were clues pointing to Kyrie/Kyrie's gun being the one who shoot at Hideyoshi for example.

That number was required to access to the bank account.
I just find it funny that 1-4 has a so many things pointing to Rosa and even the knock in EP 5, Rosa plays an important role.

I mean for example in EP4 there is the implication that the black witch is the chain of pain and suffering on someone caused by someone else pushing it into to them that can only be seen with love.As in, Ange couldn't see the Black Witch and the chains in Eva because she hated her.
Eva pushing her pain and sadness onto Rosa and Rosa onto Maria yet the very latter is stated to sever this chain with her own magic of happiness which is why Maria mentions her mother is possessed by the Black Witch when shes mad.
As in its the pain Eva causes Rosa that turns her mad. This can be seen in EP 2 where Eva mocks Rosa cause Maria behaves so immature.
What happens next:
Rosa beats Maria.
Then we have that Sakutarou turns quite big when Maria and Beatrice are about to form Mariage Sorcerie while we know Rosa intended to make Sakutarou a Big Plush.
I mean consider that the Alliance of Maria and Beatrice is stated to a groundbreaking magical compendium giving Beatrice immense power being the reason that she gained endless power.

Then consider the parrallel between Maria and Ange and that the latter was part of the Alliance as well yet, her "mother" was also severed by the chains of the black witch.
Ange herself wanted to learn Marias magic."Her magic creates smiles.I want to become like Maria onee-chan too.Teach me magic, Maria Onee-chan."

I mean, it doesn't seem farfetched to me if Mariage Sorcerie was the love between Maria and Rosa the power that "Beatrice" gained being happiness with Maria as the reason for it.
Thus Ange became a member as well but she was supposed to fix Evas pain.
"If a proper witch, who knew white magic were near Eva Oba-san, maybe Oba-san could have been saved (Image of Maria appears) and yet....wasn't that supposed to be me? I had learned from Maria onee-chan a magic to make people happy...if I had saved her with that magic wouldn't we have built a future with a completely different relationship?I've been hating Eva Oba-san all this time until now, that's why I could not notice the black witch by her side, since I didn't have love for Eva oba-san."

I mean if you think about then that would explain Evatrice in EP 3 killing Rosa despite Eva being in her room holding Hideyoshis hands.
her fever began before the incident.
I mean look:
Eva of all people solved the Epitaph then we see Evatrice killing Rosa and Maria over and over.
See it this way:
Rosa was struck by the Black Witch again turning mad.This explains why Evatrice tells the things like Rosa dreaming to become a witch, flying around like a Butterfly and trapping butterflies in webs.
Rosa was reminded about the pain Eva causes on her, however I find it also important that after solving the Riddle Eva is all "Let's not tell the others" to which Rosa applies this is against the Rules.
That's why I see it is possible that Rosa killed Maria but then suicided.
Assuming Rosa is Beatrice then we got a scenario of:
Rosa: WHY DID EVA OF ALL PEOPLE HAVE TO SOLVE THE RIDDLE!?WHAT ABOUT MY DREAMS!
Maria: Come back Mama!
Rosa: Shut up!/strangle Marias.
Maria: You promised to be happy with me....
Rosa: Maria...Maria!Wha-What have I done!?
/suicides.

Think about the scenes where both Rosa and Beatrice appear as well.
Episode 1:
Rosa comes from the Adults conference and gets mad at Maria beating her, but then goes out to search Maria in the Garden cause it was raining.
At that moment, Rosa,Maria and Beatrice were all in the Garden.Matter of fact, everyone thought Rosa was napping.
Maria says Beatrice gave her the Umbrella and the two make up.
Episode 2:
Rosa gets mad at Maria after Eva mocks her beating Maria and crushing her candy and telling Maria to stay there forever.
Maria says Beatrice WILL come for her and appears just when Rosa arrives.
The two make up.
Episode 3:
Beatrice appears to both after Evatrice killed them over and over.
Beatrice apologizes to Maria that she can't be the Golden Witch anymore breaking the promise of getting along with her mother.
Next, Maria is strangled and Rosa ends up on the fence.
Episode 4:
1st Twilight:
Gaap,Ronove,Virgilia,45,410 and 00.
Beatrice is missing when we see Rosa killed and Maria isn't there.
We see Beatrice appearing however when Rosa and Maria had their biggest fight ever.

For me at least, there is little doubt that Beatrice is connected to the relationship Rosa and Maria share.

As for Episode 5:
Rosa is the key to solve the letter and knock as well.
Rosa left along with Natsuhi and Krauss cause she got a fever yet Nanjo said she came to the guesthouse at 1am despite Rosa having left before the drinks arrived (Midnight).

I'm not too fond of Rosatrice yet the Manga puts a clear emphasis on it.
I don't remember this from the novel but:
"We called a rescue ship and took them to hospital but both servant and child died."

Even then what about the call from the man at the time where it was impossible for Shannon and Kanon as they were with everyone else in the dining room.

Perhaps what Lambdadelta said is important cause:
"The Role of the Golden Witch Beatrice, is over!The only roles you and your furniture can play in my game are losers and corpses!"
Sounds to me like:
"In my game you are no longer the Golden Witch, in my game you are merely a victim!"
Potentially implying that the role of Beatrice changed.
As in:
EP 1-4 = Rosa
However Rosa was changed by Lambdadelta from being witch to victim.

"I just need to sacrifice one piece to change the flow of the game to the witch side, thats you!"
So among the 6 sacrifices = Beatrice?
Think about it if you flip the chessboard.
What favours the witch side the most?
If the piece Beatrice/Culprit got taken out themselves.Its impossible for the Human side to win in such way if Beatrice herself was taken out.
"Lambdadelta never shows mercy or consideration!"

"An amateurish magic circle."
"Some human is trying to take the role of Lady Beatrice."
"Such an uncouth murder would only put Lady Beatrice to shame."
Man on the phone:
"I wanted you to be absent to prepare a party for you.You're the guest of the honour, mom!"

Last edited by Kiltias; 2012-12-09 at 16:16.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 19:59   Link #31304
Valkama

If you're going to use the Manga for evidence for Rosatrice you might as well use the whole thing. EP1 Chapter 8 when Battler discovers the corpses Rosa is clearly dead. I find it funny how KNM uses the Anime as evidence all over his videos but doesn't even touch upon the Manga's which should be considered equally as credible if not more credible. The Manga version clearly disproves Rosatrice although through some illogical means you can make Rosa survive in EP1 in both the Anime and VN.

TBH EP1 is written better with Kanon as the culprit anyways. Throughout the entirety of Episode 1 Battler is conflicting about whether or not a 19th person is alive and even considers that one of the people in the first twilight faked their death when in actuality the culprit was in front of him the whole time who he never even considered to be the culprit. With Rosatrice it's just Rosa faked her death and then all locked rooms are solved in a cheap and boring fashion. Not to mention episode 1 is supposed to be solvable on it's own but if you use the Rosatrice solution then literally 5 other people have the same ability of being the culprit and other people, namely Rudolf and Kyrie, would of have even been better hinted at than Rosa. Shannon would be cleaner to turn into the culprit than Rosa. Hell even Gohda is on the same grounds for culprit as Rosa. That's atleast for EP1 which is supposedly solvable on it's own.
Valkama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 22:30   Link #31305
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkama View Post
If you're going to use the Manga for evidence for Rosatrice you might as well use the whole thing. EP1 Chapter 8 when Battler discovers the corpses Rosa is clearly dead. I find it funny how KNM uses the Anime as evidence all over his videos but doesn't even touch upon the Manga's which should be considered equally as credible if not more credible. The Manga version clearly disproves Rosatrice although through some illogical means you can make Rosa survive in EP1 in both the Anime and VN.

TBH EP1 is written better with Kanon as the culprit anyways. Throughout the entirety of Episode 1 Battler is conflicting about whether or not a 19th person is alive and even considers that one of the people in the first twilight faked their death when in actuality the culprit was in front of him the whole time who he never even considered to be the culprit. With Rosatrice it's just Rosa faked her death and then all locked rooms are solved in a cheap and boring fashion.Not to mention episode 1 is supposed to be solvable on it's own but if you use the Rosatrice solution then literally 5 other people have the same ability of being the culprit[and other people, namely Rudolf and Kyrie, would of have even been better hinted at than Rosa. Shannon would be cleaner to turn into the culprit than Rosa. Hell even Gohda is on the same grounds for culprit as Rosa. That's atleast for EP1 which is supposedly solvable on it's own.
Thanks for reminding me.
That part is more than just a tad arguable.
Especially when of all people Nanjo comfirmed solely Rosas death saying she's "probably dead for at least 6 hours".
Sorry for casting my doubts but if anything has been established its that Nanjo is hardly a trustworthy factor.

You are right then again you rather go with an answer that is yelled at your face instead of a real mystery?
Battler said it himself, hiding the corpses inside the storehouse immediately puts suspicion on the Servants.
Where is the mystery in that?
As Battler said thats the answer ANYONE could arrive at.
Hiding the corpses in a place the servants are affiliated with with the key being in the servants room.
It tells us right from the get go that Servants are involved, scuse me for voicing such an opinion but personally I find it simply a solution that is much too simple.
Especially when in EP2 how Rosa goes on and on about trying to pin it on the Servants and on Kanon.
I mean seriously, so much attention is brought onto the Servants only for it to be true?I know Yasu part of the family but I'm sure you know what I mean.
That never struck as odd even once?
With 8 novels altogether it was the most obvious solution from the start?
Sorry but that's just something I cannot comprehend at all that for years the answer is supposed to the most obvious in a novel full of illusions.
Quote:
The Manga version clearly disproves Rosatrice
No it doesn't.Unless you wanna ignore points such as:

"I just need to sacrifice one piece to change the flow of the game to the witch side, thats you!"
"The Role of the Golden Witch Beatrice, is over!The only roles you and your furniture can play in my game are losers and corpses!"

That is clear evidence.Tell me what else did Lambdadelta mean?
She wants to sacrifice the piece of Beatrice, tells her role as Witch is over and someone else is stated to imitate her.
What happens?The sacrifices for the key follow.
And again, there is NOTHING that is better to change the flow towards the witch side if Beatrice herself got taken out, eliminating the culprit of the previous games and a new Culprit being in the game.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 22:39   Link #31306
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Pretty sure Ryukishi put the servants under suspicion so we would think that the servants COULDN'T have done it (after all, why would the possibility that was mentioned within the narrative be the correct answer?). A reverse red-herring.

Plus, as far as the story goes, it would just be absurd if none of the characters mentioned anything about that.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 07:15   Link #31307
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
As for Episode 5:
Rosa left along with Natsuhi and Krauss cause she got a fever yet Nanjo said she came to the guesthouse at 1am despite Rosa having left before the drinks arrived (Midnight).
This is incorrect.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 08:37   Link #31308
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
That's why I see it is possible that Rosa killed Maria but then suicided.
Nope. Regarding Episode 3 you would clearly ignore Red Truth.
Rosa and Maria are dead.
The causes of death are as Nanjo examined them.
The two, Rosa and Maria, were murdered by another person.

Also, Rosatrice would ignore many elements that were presented during the story, making the solution harder than necessary.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 11:28   Link #31309
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Also regarding the servant conspiracy: It wasn't entirely what was suggested in the story. For example, while someone does throw out the idea of Shannon-in-a-dress, they don't suggest that Shannon is the one actively trying to act like she's Beatrice, or that Shannon is somehow the mastermind (or even a murderer). There is a constant unspoken assumption that someone of authority - either Genji on Kinzo's orders or one of the other parents - is putting the servants up to it.

Likewise, Rosa is far more suspicious in Turn than the servants. Yes, she's trying to blame them overtly, but the portrayal of her erratic behavior and unexplained knowledge (she was at the chapel but didn't die, the butterfly landing on her back as she goes upstairs, lying about Kinzo, etc.) and the portrayal of the servants in magic scenes (Kanon defending Jessica with his life) tends to make the reader assume that Rosa is just trying to throw suspicion onto the servants needlessly.

Is it nevertheless a bit hackish that it's sort of true? I guess. But it's not exactly the same thing as somebody guessing the entire conspiracy correctly in the first dozen chapters only to have it pan out exactly as they said seven episodes later.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 11:57   Link #31310
chronotrig

Sorry, I'm a bit out of touch on Rosatrice theories. Does she have the willing support of the servants? If not, a few things don't make sense to me in EP1, like how she got out of the shed and how she got people to lie about Shannon's fake corpse (and why).

Old 2012-12-10, 12:14   Link #31311
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Sorry, I'm a bit out of touch on Rosatrice theories. Does she have the willing support of the servants? If not, a few things don't make sense to me in EP1, like how she got out of the shed and how she got people to lie about Shannon's fake corpse (and why).
Precious few of us are willing to watch a nine hour video to find out, and I'm not sure anyone here is a supporter, but a few people have skimmed it and might be able to give you some answers here. I'm not actually sure myself, just like I'm not actually sure what Rosa's motive is exactly under this theory.

Old 2012-12-10, 12:42   Link #31312
Drifloon

Having watched the whole thing (and agreed with none of it), I can say that KNM's Rosa pretty much never uses the servants as accomplices. He says that he can theoretically see Genji helping out just because of his robotic personality, but he doesn't actually use Genji for much as far as I remember. Also, he believes that Shannon really was dead in that shed and he denies any notion of Shannon and Kanon being the same person.

His way of getting Rosa out of the shed in EP1 is pretty hilarious, he says that she actually broke the shutter from the inside using a tool like Battler did from the outside in EP4's tea party. He also brings up the window as an alternate possibility, though it was specifically stated to be really small in EP4.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 12:58   Link #31313
Wegenbarth

I'll do Renall a fevor and try to summarize the vids again. I fully watched some month ago and will skim throug them again and post it here.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Wegenbarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 13:17   Link #31314
Drifloon

Quote:
Battler is another accomplice in the fifth game.
Uh, this wasn't part of KNM's solution as far as I can remember. Though I think most of us would generally accept it, KNM really doesn't like introducing extra accomplices.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 14:00   Link #31315
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

How did he address the Love Duel and Logic Error? One would think that would be... difficult to work around. There's no way Rosa can do it, which is fine if you just accept Erika doing it... except then what is the point of that dreadfully important Love Duel sequence and the fantasy murders? Why would there be a contest at all between two individual people and... some sort of fantasy of a dead person? Even if you were to accept Shannon and Kanon having a conflict despite being separate people (which for the sake of argument you could do, I suppose), that third wheel of Beatrice doesn't appear to fit there.

Also it's sort of basing itself on the implication that Ryukishi is more clever than he looks, which has been thrown into question time and again. It would also seem to ignore the entirety of Our Confession, which was marketed as a sort of hintbook to how a gameboard murder sequence is constructed. Is he dismissing that as yet more authorial misdirection? Why go to so much trouble?

Old 2012-12-10, 14:02   Link #31316
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegenbarth View Post
I'll do Renall a fevor an
Spoiler:
Well, there may be no absolute proof that Shannon and Kanon are the same, but there's still Shannon's first scene in EP1 to consider. I really have a hard time accepting that Gohda's incompetence was the real answer after all, considering everything else going on in that part.

Old 2012-12-10, 15:32   Link #31317
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Pretty sure Ryukishi put the servants under suspicion so we would think that the servants COULDN'T have done it (after all, why would the possibility that was mentioned within the narrative be the correct answer?). A reverse red-herring.
Yes, even in Our Confession is mentioned that reverse red-herring would be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Also regarding the servant conspiracy: It wasn't entirely what was suggested in the story. For example, while someone does throw out the idea of Shannon-in-a-dress, they don't suggest that Shannon is the one actively trying to act like she's Beatrice, or that Shannon is somehow the mastermind (or even a murderer). There is a constant unspoken assumption that someone of authority - either Genji on Kinzo's orders or one of the other parents - is putting the servants up to it.

Likewise, Rosa is far more suspicious in Turn than the servants. Yes, she's trying to blame them overtly, but the portrayal of her erratic behavior and unexplained knowledge (she was at the chapel but didn't die, the butterfly landing on her back as she goes upstairs, lying about Kinzo, etc.) and the portrayal of the servants in magic scenes (Kanon defending Jessica with his life) tends to make the reader assume that Rosa is just trying to throw suspicion onto the servants needlessly.

Is it nevertheless a bit hackish that it's sort of true? I guess. But it's not exactly the same thing as somebody guessing the entire conspiracy correctly in the first dozen chapters only to have it pan out exactly as they said seven episodes later.
Exactly. No one seems to think the servants acted on their own and well, they've good reasons for this.
Genji served the family through all his life and likely so Kumasawa.
Shannon served it for most of her life.
Kanon and Gohda are relatively new but they work in the family by more than 1 year.
What would they have to gain by starting such thing?
It's not like they can inherit the family fortune.

Of course for Rosa is pretty easy to suspect of the servants. She knows that she's not the culprit and that all her siblings and husband/wifes are dead and she likely know Kinzo is dead as well.

So the culprit is either an extra person, the servants or one of her nephews and really, the servants look like the most likely ones.

Quote:
I'll do Renall a fevor and try to summarize the vids again. I fully watched some month ago and will skim throug them again and post it here.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The problem I have with someone who's not ShKanon as culprit in the gameboards is... well the whole of Ep 7.

I'm fine with a bit of red herring but an intere episode... it would be too much to stomach.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 16:56   Link #31318
Kealym

Quote:
As for Episode 5:
Wanderer pointed this out, but just to clarify, you're probably remembering this part of the story wrong. Rosa was definitely in the mansion, and didn't leave, until 1:00am.

Quote:
Thanks for reminding me.
That part is more than just a tad arguable.
Especially when of all people Nanjo comfirmed solely Rosas death saying she's "probably dead for at least 6 hours".
Sorry for casting my doubts but if anything has been established its that Nanjo is hardly a trustworthy factor.
I'm almost certain Nanjo was speaking for all the people having been dead that long, not just Rosa. Not that Nanjo isn't totally lying, anyways, because lolShannon.

Quote:
You are right then again you rather go with an answer that is yelled at your face instead of a real mystery?
Battler said it himself, hiding the corpses inside the storehouse immediately puts suspicion on the Servants.
Where is the mystery in that?
To flip it around, a mystery still have to be solvable, and the clues HAVE to point towards SOMEBODY. If a servant is the culprit, there NEEDS to be things that suggest that, otherwise you couldn't reason it out. I would still call this piece of Ryukishi's plotting somewhat clever, though, because it plays on the EXACT sort of thoughts you're having - "That's too simple... it can't be true!"

It sometimes pays to hide your sand on the beach, after all.

Furthermore, the somewhat obvious involvement of the servants, in my opinion, is offset by the fact that as of that point in the story, there's NO apparent reason for any of those who remain (Genji, Kumasawa, Kanon) to go on some kind of murder spree. In fact, I'd say that at that point in the story, the best possible theory was that someone was trying to frame the servants.

Quote:
No it doesn't.Unless you wanna ignore points such as:

That is clear evidence.Tell me what else did Lambdadelta mean?
Well, it's evidence of something. Not necessarily Rosatrice. What did she mean? Well, please excuse me since I can't remember exactly when these quotes were given, but I mostly remember taking them as:
1. Sacrificing a single human piece at the right time can make the mystery much, much harder to solve.
2. She didn't seem very interested in preserving Beato's fantasy narrative
3. Must not be the same culprit we're usually looking at.
4. Must not be the same culprit we're usually looking at.
5. Must not be the same culprit we're usually looking at.

Anyway, there's not much indication any of this refers to Rosa, specifically?

Quote:
That would be ... greatly, greatly appreciated. My most honest complaint with KnowNoMore's theory is that he didn't make some sort of transcript or written summary, because I just cannot get through the entire video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Also it's sort of basing itself on the implication that Ryukishi is more clever than he looks, which has been thrown into question time and again. It would also seem to ignore the entirety of Our Confession, which was marketed as a sort of hintbook to how a gameboard murder sequence is constructed. Is he dismissing that as yet more authorial misdirection? Why go to so much trouble?
So, this. This is very true. Ryukishi talks a pretty big game when presenting his stories, but even he admits that he's still an amateur.

Also, even though the discussion has kinda moves on, in regards to Chronotrig asking what kind of gameboard evidence we can use to tie Shannon to the crimes ... well, based on what was said in those posts, I don't really know what kind of gameboard occurrence would satisfy you, other than Battler literally witnessing her murdering somebody. :-/
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 17:11   Link #31319
Jaden

I watched KnowNoMore's videos and I think his theory is impressive. So much better thought out than anything I did. But even then I rate it only as "plausible", because the picture he paints of Rosa as the culprit isn't any stronger than what episode 7 does with Yasu.

Also it has the gross implication that the author is continuing to mess with us and lied in interviews. But just the fact that two completely different culprit theories can be made for the same story that are this detailed, kinda blew my mind. It made me think there's maybe more to Umineko than what we see, and now some part me of me expects Ryukishi to some day come back wearing a huge troll grin as he reveals the true conclusion to the story.

Unrealistic, I know...but it would be damn awesome.

Far-fetched speculation: Maybe the smoke-and-mirrors is continuing on this long because he wants to give manga-only readers time to finish the story and draw their own conclusions.
Old 2012-12-10, 17:49   Link #31320
Valkama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
So, this. This is very true. Ryukishi talks a pretty big game when presenting his stories, but even he admits that he's still an amateur.
Which is funny because the entirety of KNM's theory is making Ryukishi out to be some kind of god of mystery novels who wrote the perfect story.

From what I remember of the theory basically:

The Culprit is Rosa. She kills everyone because she is trying to revive the Kuwadorian Beatrice that she 'killed.' Yasu is a projection of her regret for killing Beatrice. She is in love with Battler in an Aunt sorta way (I don't even know)

There is a secondary Culprit George. George is creepily in love with Shannon and wants to kill off everyone but Shannon then fake his death and start out a new life.

The Accomplice is Nanjo. Nanjo does the little things here and there to make it look like magic. Nanjo is in it for the money so he can save his sick grandchild.

Episode 1 Rosa fakes her death yadayada. Kanon faked his death to try and Battle Rosa only to end up getting shot by Natsuhi.
Episode 2 Rosa is lying to create locked rooms then George kills everyone else at the end.
Episode 3 Rosa is betrayed by George then George is betrayed by Nanjo who then gets killed by George in revenge. Eva only kills Krauss and Natsuhi.
Episode 4 Rosa fakes her death yadayada. She commits suicide similar to how Shannon commits suicide except she just falls on her gun hiding it.

A couple flaws in his theory that he admits to.

Kanon somehow getting the stake to fake his death
The fact that there is absolutely nothing in the story linking George to Rosa.

He also believe that Ange's world is a lie that spawned from the third arc and prime is actually the second arc. Battler also never returns to Ange considering it's a fake reality and instead died in a boat crash fleeing the island. Everything going on is not from message bottles but is actually going on in Battler's head as he slowly dies. His evidence for this is at the end of the Second arc that says no one survived in red.

His main piece of evidence for his theory though is that in Our confessions it states that Beatrice was writing three stories at the same time, one being the magical solution, one being the Shkanon solution and the third being the hidden truth.
Valkama is offline   Reply With Quote