AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your Favorite Character(s) and why?
1. A-drei 11 12.22%
2. Figaro 2 2.22%
3. Cain 12 13.33%
4. H-neun 4 4.44%
5. Haruto Tokishima 22 24.44%
6. Kriemhild 5 5.56%
7. Kyuuma Inuzuka 10 11.11%
8. L-elf Karlstein 53 58.89%
9. Ninomiya Takahi 5 5.56%
10. Nobi Marie 3 3.33%
11. Q-vier 4 4.44%
12. Renboukouji Satomi 3 3.33%
13. Rion Nanami 2 2.22%
14. Saki Rukino 52 57.78%
15. Sakurai Aina 3 3.33%
16. Shōko Sashinami 38 42.22%
17. Renboukouji Akira 23 25.56%
18. Pino ala VVV-chan 10 11.11%
19. X-eins 2 2.22%
20. Yamada Raizou 5 5.56%
21. Others (Please Specify) 7 7.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-03, 20:00   Link #21
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Voted for Cain just for the last ep alone
Old 2013-07-03, 21:04   Link #22
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Might as well named the show Valvrave Carmilla: The Liberator Eru Erufu's Revolution, also as well as making Saki and L-elf the respected main hero and main heroine. Other than the 4 main characters and to some extend Akira, nobody seem to give a F about the rest of the character XD
Old 2013-07-04, 15:44   Link #23
DorkingtonPugsly

Voted for Akira not only because I really love girls that look and have a personality like her but because I was and currently am still in a similar situation so I can relate. Her hair is beautiful and her Valvrave's awesome.
Old 2013-07-05, 05:42   Link #24
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Everyone's so awsm here that I voted for all...
Old 2013-07-05, 20:13   Link #25
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
I order of the poll:

- Cain: he is simply a magnificent villain
- Haruto - voted for respect: he is like most mecha heroes, yet ain't (that is, he is idealistic, but not so stupid he would mind killing enemies nor would he hold back on attacking an unarmed enemy, especially if the person he accepted as smarter than him advised it)
- L-11 - 'nuff said
- Saki - liked her sinec ep2, loved her since the ep she became the pilot
Old 2013-07-06, 08:54   Link #26
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I voted for Shoko, Saki, and Akira.

Shoko

Shoko is a cheerful, strong, quirky person who isn't afraid to be herself. She's bold and she's willing to stand up for what she believes in, and she doesn't give up. When she knew that ARUS wasn't to be trusted, she did whatever she could to persuade the others to go along with her. When Akira said she wasn't her friend, Shoko still believed in her and didn't give up on her even for a moment. When Saki bodysnatched Haruto and wrote stuff on the net, Shoko knew Haruto well enough to know he wasn't the person who did it, and didn't doubt him. She's a kind and sometimes attentive person, although she can in her enthusiasm get carried away sometimes and cause distress by accident (for example, when she caused Akira's freak out on the phone).

She has a lot of political promise. Her audacity can disrupt even the best laid plans, and maybe one day she will grow into someone truly formidable. When it came to crunch time and she had to choose between her father and the lives of the people she was responsible for as a leader and friend, she knew she had to choose the latter. It's not as if that didn't hurt her badly, but she was able to make the right decision. She was very impressive. Out of the whole cast she probably has the most potential for growth, whether for good or for evil.

Saki

When she was introduced, I liked Saki's selfishness. She became a Valvrave pilot for herself, not for the sake of anyone else. She's interesting. I don't really agree with, say, her harassment of Takahi while in Haruto's body, but the things Saki does to stir things up for the lulz/her own advancement are certainly not dull.

In the end, Saki turned out to be a kind, independent and steadfast person who is very self-aware. She's gone through a lot in her life, but she's survived it all without breaking down. Resilient is good word for her. When the going got tough in her Valvrave fights, she overcame her fear and fought to protect other people.

She's level-headed and doesn't blame people for things that aren't their fault. For example, even though it seems that Saki likes Haruto and she knows that Haruto likes Shoko, Saki didn't stoop to disliking Shoko because of that. Saki is a deeply lonely person, and in some ways she feels insecure, using things like lines from films she's acted in as a mask she can retreat behind so she doesn't feel vulnerable. But despite that loneliness, she retained enough self-respect toward herself and enough care and consideration for Haruto that she didn't accept his hasty proposal.

I want to see Saki build up more bonds with people as the series goes on. She's the sort of person who has built up walls around herself because she needs to, but she'll probably be happier and even stronger if there are several people she feels she can rely on and who see her for who she really is. I'm looking forward to seeing how she'll grow into her future self, who seemed both strong and kind.

Akira

Her actions in the last episode of the series really impressed me! Despite her crippling anxieties, she was able to overcome them for Shoko's sake and fight back fiercely. I can't wait to see her progress in the rest of the series. She commandeered Boku Ja Nai to be her own, excellent theme song. Really, that was a great fight scene, even though her Valvrave has no outright weapons.
Old 2013-07-18, 00:12   Link #27
Fjoergyn

No wonder that Shoko has more votes than haruto
Old 2013-07-18, 00:14   Link #28
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Voted for Haruto.
Old 2013-07-18, 06:02   Link #29
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

it's too bad that I use my vote chance too fast
I should vote for Akira as well

there are too many hateable character in this anime
but some of them are emerging to be better and become likeable

I vote for L-elf, Haruto, and Rukino... why? because they're likeable from the start
Haruto got development, Rukino got everything she want (lol!!!), and L-elf become badass in every episodes
Shoko is one of bad character at the beginning... but how she cope with the situation make her become a better character at the end
Closed Thread