3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-29, 00:16   Link #181
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTrain View Post
Is that the reason the Titans hate humans so much they want to break the walls and free their brethren? Have humans been enslaving Titans for millenia this whole time? So many angles . . .
Hard to imagine that they'd be "enslaving" Titans; we all know that a titan - and especially a sentient titan (AKA, Titan Shifter, such as Eren & Annie), is in essence a Person of Mass Destruction as they call it, so that they could be forced to just line up like the people in the church did and just let themselves be entombed like that is hard to imagine. Not saying that it couldn't be done somehow, but it's as I said hard to imagine them lining up like that and be turned into the Walls against their will...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 00:22   Link #182
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTrain View Post
The ending shot was crap, I thought it was colossus there preparing to break down the wall but it seems it was Titans entombed, buried alive in their cities all along. Is that the reason the Titans hate humans so much they want to break the walls and free their brethren? Have humans been enslaving Titans for millenia this whole time? So many angles . . .
Not buried in the Walls. Note the story of the miner where he can't find a weak spot of the Wall.

The implication is that Colossus type Titans created the walls all along. Made from the same crystallized material as what Annie covered herself with.

Note the story of the human exodus. Their lands were being wrecked in havoc by Titans that they leave in ships to a new continent to escape. They already find the Walls already built ready to be inhabited and offering them protection.

Which is why the Wallists are able to sell to the public the Walls are an act of God. Nobody knew who built them nor did they knew anybody with such an engineering feet.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 00:29   Link #183
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Not buried in the Walls. Note the story of the miner where he can't find a weak spot of the Wall.

The implication is that Colossus type Titans created the walls all along. Made from the same crystallized material as what Annie covered herself with.

Note the story of the human exodus. Their lands were being wrecked in havoc by Titans that they leave in ships to a new continent to escape. They already find the Walls already built ready to be inhabited and offering them protection.

Which is why the Wallists are able to sell to the public the Walls are an act of God. Nobody knew who built them nor did they knew anybody with such an engineering feet.
Pretty much this. And just in case anybody asks about that, here's the blog entry detailing the inside cover of every volume since #1.
http://calorescence.tumblr.com/post/...f-the-japanese
Old 2013-09-29, 00:43   Link #184
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Ok, this all sound like being lure into an open experiment den.

For Eren, you became badass after 24 episodes?

At Mikasa: *slice Titan's figers My husband ain't finish with you yet.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 00:46   Link #185
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Ok, this all sound like being lure into an open experiment den.
Well, Eren has been comparing the inside of the Walls as being similar to a cattle pen. He may be more right than he knows...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 00:59   Link #186
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxorMG View Post
Pretty much this. And just in case anybody asks about that, here's the blog entry detailing the inside cover of every volume since #1.
http://calorescence.tumblr.com/post/...f-the-japanese
Basically... SnK takes place in America?

Seriously though, if humans got to a new continent, I wonder how the Titans (which have been the primary concern until Annie transformed) got there as well.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 01:22   Link #187
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Or Australia.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 01:25   Link #188
lateraldeath

Damn that violin version of Call Your Name which they they played it in ep 21 literately triggered automatic tears from me, caught me off guard entirely cause there isn't really any FEELS in this ep. I 'll go with the excuse that I'm crying cause the anime ended. I'm only 5 hours late to watch the ep today and there's already more posts than some of the entire episode threads in the past lol geez.

I enjoyed this episode a lot, fitting for a final ep in theaters. I'm also not as bothered by the changes from anime to manga, though admittedly it was a lot more than I had imagined. I feel it's understandable from the point of the view of the production studio, that their job is to think about how to close the last epi properly and satisfactorily from an anime only viewer 's perspective. In respect to that I think the did a pretty good job. And it seems the anime only viewers on here for the most part all liked it.
That being said, and I understand there are things that can't be helped but here are my thoughts and things I wish I saw from the manga:

1. Eren throwing Mikasa up to cut Annie's fingers off. That was the first real indication of Eren's growth and his ability to work as a team in Titan Mode with the corp. It was a really good development moment for Eren, just like the part in ep 24 where he was assertive about turning Titan.

2. Contrary to Kitten, I actually wanted to see Mikasa's cold unforgiving eyes when kicking Annie down. For someone who only really cares about Eren, it was a good expression because it showed does cares about justice Mikasa despise people who, for a lack of better word, do "evil." (please don't discuss this, I know Annie's not "evil" persay).
However, in this episode, they changed how we should view Annie entirely. In the manga, up til here, all we know is she killed a lot of people. But in the anime Armin gave this extra dialogue that more or less makes us think Annie has a bigger purpose and is fighting for humanity. Because of this the viewers are more compassionate towards her and having Mikasa looking cold just doesn't fit anymore. It's unfortunate they had to change so much in order to end the season. Also I wonder if that dialogue is instructed or approved by Isayama, because that would a confirmation of Annie's role in all of this.

3. Mikasa's shock face at discovering the Titan inside the wall, also a moment I really wish I saw animated. Mikasa has no fear against titans, even the FT. To see her having shocked face in the manga was totally priceless and really drives the craziness of it all.

4. Something completely unnecessary: the anime making it seem like is Annie in the crystal because Eren hesitated. Makes Eren looks like a wuss, again! In ep 24 I understand, they had to drag it out cause of the fillers, but there is NO reason to do it this time. Also it doesn't even make sense, what would have he done if he didn't hesitate? grab her? bite her? cause that'll somehow prevent her from crystallizing? it's just dumb.

5. Which leads me to Levi cutting Eren out. I don't care if he's still limping afterwards but that was just pure fan service which created a plothole, whatever...

6. This is a personal bias but I really wish they didn't make it like EVA as much as they did. The Berserker Eren, the hand hitting next to the leader who doesn't even seem to notice, totally Rebuild of Eva second movie. It's a good scene to drive intensity though, so ppl who never watched Eva will probably love it.

7. My speculation on how second season will resume on dealing with the Titan in the wall.

Spoiler for manga:

8. Mikasa brought food for Eren, and cleaned up after him... yup well on her way to being the perfect waifu, I'll bet she'll warm his bed next. Poor Jean.

9. I feel like I have nothing to watch now...

Last edited by lateraldeath; 2013-09-29 at 01:37.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 01:26   Link #189
Gomer1111

lol fail final episode
Gomer1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 01:54   Link #190
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post

Seriously though, if humans got to a new continent, I wonder how the Titans (which have been the primary concern until Annie transformed) got there as well.
Well, I would imagine the titans got on the RMS Titanic. :X
Old 2013-09-29, 02:13   Link #191
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The really pulled all the stops for the ending, with Mikasa and Levi getting in their best poses, and hints of what Annie is. I hope her coma is not an excuse for "lol we won't tell anything". It's kinda funny how the finale gave more questions then answers. Why is Annie raised and a soldier and can become a titan without anyone else noticing? Are their enemies within humanity?

And of course the Mikasa moments with Eren are great too, though she does come off as a bit desperate. She could learn some suave from Levi, but it seems like she's picked up quite a few tricks which is nice.

Overall a strong episode, but leaving us here is something that I can't tell how it will impact the anime in the long run.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 02:14   Link #192
Theo

Oh yeah, by the way, there's FUCKING TITANS IN THE WALLS.

Buy our Blu-Rays, cocksuckers. This prints fucking money!

Yeah yeah, pacing and cliffhanger and all, but that was just clumsy as hell. We've beaten the dead horse with the manga already, so I'm not gonna bother.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 02:17   Link #193
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
[I]Oh yeah, by the way, there's FUCKING TITANS IN THE WALLS.

Buy our Blu-Rays, cocksuckers. This prints fucking money!
Actually an anime studio/author makes most of the money from merchandise. Especially in America, Japan probably gets 15-30% of the sale price here at best. So buy their figures :P
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 02:41   Link #194
ZeMaverick
The name's Bean.

Eh I won't comment on the episode itself since people already have. Looking forward to season 2. It seems that our less important characters will get some screen time.

Anyway, I wonder what they will do now. Season 2 will happen obviously because of what a big cash cow this series is. If they do another 2-cour season, hopefully they will do something either in-between now and second season or after the second season is completed because of the length of time it will take for the manga to get ahead.

The fanboy part of me hopes desperately that they do some filler character development for random recon corps soldiers, seeing as how the series focuses on soldiers quite a bit. It would be great because then they just replace any random mook in the canon part of the show with that developed character and you watch them die! That's unlikely though.
ZeMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 02:52   Link #195
BatouFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeMaverick View Post
The fanboy part of me hopes desperately that they do some filler character development for random recon corps soldiers, seeing as how the series focuses on soldiers quite a bit. It would be great because then they just replace any random mook in the canon part of the show with that developed character and you watch them die! That's unlikely though.
I like this "Tales of the Recon Corps" idea. I'd like to see more of "Goggles" (don't know if he has a name in the manga, but he has a cool character design, a couple of lines, and managed to survive two FT encounters so far so he must be doing something right), and Mikke (what did he do to earn so much respect from Erwin?) Also, Erwin's cadet years and rise through the recon corps ranks would be an awesome arc. They could populate it with appealing side characters who get killed off along the way, with huge feels, as Erwin learns that soldiers have to die to get a mission done.
BatouFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 03:27   Link #196
ZeMaverick
The name's Bean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatouFTW View Post
I like this "Tales of the Recon Corps" idea. I'd like to see more of "Goggles" (don't know if he has a name in the manga, but he has a cool character design, a couple of lines, and managed to survive two FT encounters so far so he must be doing something right), and Mikke (what did he do to earn so much respect from Erwin?) Also, Erwin's cadet years and rise through the recon corps ranks would be an awesome arc. They could populate it with appealing side characters who get killed off along the way, with huge feels, as Erwin learns that soldiers have to die to get a mission done.
Yeah I noticed that guy as well. Other candidates I thought looked decent include Dieter's sergeant, Sasha's sergeant and Explosives corporal (of course including their squads as well but the main central focus would be on them).

That's a good idea to have episodic side stories. It would be safer than making an entire character arc as well,meaning the production team would be more willing to invest in that (not that it'll happen :-\). I'm not sure they would touch Mike or Erwin though; the mangaka will do that probably. Mike we barely saw but he was probably on hold just like all those other 104th company trainees. Although Erwin's not a main but rather a representative of the human fighting force, he's still is very important so he's off limits.

If feel it would add that personal feel to it if just by looking at the recon corps we instantly recognize a good portion of that force not as nameless mooks but as developed characters. It would make all those sacrifices all the more hard to watch.
ZeMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 03:51   Link #197
ookamigirl

It was fun watching Eren and Annie play tag.
There sure were a lot of casualties 'cause of it.
Damn, their fight was really brutal, but awesome to watch.
This anime still has too many mysteries left...
Hopefully, there will be another season.
Judging by the popularity, it's likely to happen.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 04:33   Link #198
MartianMage

hmmm... I just finished watching the last episode and yeah IMO all the changes they made just made this episode weaker. It could have been better if they stuck with the source faithfully especially with how they handled the titan in wall reveal. It is supposed to be a big reveal... something that should have made a big impact but with the way they handled this it was just weak really.

Anyway.... this series has been a decent adaptation overall. It is entertaining but true there are a lot of things that they could have handled better. My biggest complaint over this series is the excessive usage of old materials to pad out the episodes. Combine this with the summary episode this series is actually just 23 episodes long.

7/10 for the whole season for me.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 05:33   Link #199
Aesthetic Shampoo

They really ruined Annie's character, didn't they.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 05:51   Link #200
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not really. She isn't much changed from the manga.

Eren's the one who lost firsst his will to fight and then his self-control.

And Nile, of all people, got an upgrade.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote