Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-23, 17:22   Link #23081
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
People can hate whoever they want, whenever they want... They just need a rational reason. Though I can't bring myself to hate some characters (i.e: Xingke. The guy is way too loyal and skilled for me to hate him... Even though a certain instance made me hate him at one point.)

The same goes for Kallen. Just can't hate... Though I've read fanfiction where she dies quite gruesomely (because the authors hate her) and C.C./OC is hooked up with Lelouch. Let me say this: No chance in hell

But to each their own, I guess... I'll remain a Kallen fanboy and a supporter of the great dynasty of Kalulu. Lol...

Though I'm not surprised people hate Euphemia, she is rather naive - but so is Shirley. But I can't hate neither, because they are so.. well.. peacefully innocent. xD if I'm making any sense.
No they don't. People don't need any reason to like or dislike a character. Same thing goes for pairings; we don't need a reason to like a pairing or not.
Old 2010-04-23, 17:40   Link #23082
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No they don't. People don't need any reason to like or dislike a character. Same thing goes for pairings; we don't need a reason to like a pairing or not.
Well, most people do like something, because they feel a connection, like this and that, appreciate this and that and so on.
But, a lot of times as well, they just like/dislike a chara, because it clicks or not to them. (and a large amount of the latter category, goes with how pretty a chara is or not. Because someone that really is watching a show and wants to know what it is about, on a subconscious level analyze the actions of the charas, and preferably proceed to like them or not.)
kaizerster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 18:31   Link #23083
Betteroffer

I probably shouldn't say this as a Kalulu fan, but when I saw that picture of her and C.C. fighting, I thought it would be hilarious if Shirley had been shown running off unnoticed while holding Lelouch over her head like a cartoon thief while saying "Yoink!"

@Nogitsune: Should we just agree to disagree on our discussion? It seems more "pressing matters" have come up and it doesn't look like either of us will be convincing the other anytime soon.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 21:45   Link #23084
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
I've noticed that Shirley's fans and Kallen's fans are usually getting along apretty well. Don't know about C.C.'s and Shirley's fans relationship, but the problem really is between yaoi girls/C.C;'s fans, and Kallen's fans. And since Yaoi fans are often C.C.'s fans as well (yeah cause Lelouch is the problem and they just don't see C.C. as a threat for the buttsex) it's the whole world against Kallen's fans.
Well, like I said, I don't really don't venture beyond this forum in regard to Code Geass, so I'd actually be quite interested in seeing all this Kallen hate you speak of (since, you know, this forum is basically a haven for Kallen fans, so it's hard to imagine people speaking otherwise).

Quote:
Wanna create an union between Shirley and Kallen ?
I already did.

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=334

Didn't turn out to be very popular

Quote:
Though I guess it must be nice being a Shirley's fans, she is usually left alone. Maybe too much actually (aka, even in promo she is forgotten...).
Hmm, is it better to be hated or ignored? That is the question. Actually, it might be better to be hated, because then at least people acknowledge your existence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Agreed. While sometimes you can pinpoint a reason for why you like or dislike a character, I don't think it necessarily mean you always need a reason. Sometimes it's just something you feel. As for Kallen, she doesn't do much for me, but I wouldn't say that I hate her (although her butting in on my favorite pairing doesn't help )

All right, I think I'm using too many of these emoticons.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 22:33   Link #23085
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post

All of this reminds me of the awesome war against the three great factions :')
Need to find the awesome summaries which were written of our war by I don't remember who.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

The real Three Kingdoms.

Lol Lolipopo, someone chronicled our Kalulu victories?

Awesome, a coalition of Shirley and Kallen? Joinage~

The reason Kallen and Shirley fans get along so well are probably because they generally agree Kallen is an utter badass, and they are very aware of each other.

Kallen fans Understand Shirley was important to Lelouch, generally liked Kallen and Shirley interaction

Shirley fans understand Kallen is important to Lelouch, usually gets along well with Kallen fans.

It goes like that, I imagine? Wouldn't know since I wasn't around during the Three Kingdoms. xD

Ahem...
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 22:45   Link #23086
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Awesome, a coalition of Shirley and Kallen? Joinage~
Awww. Thanks

Quote:
The reason Kallen and Shirley fans get along so well are probably because they generally agree Kallen is an utter badass, and they are very aware of each other.

Kallen fans Understand Shirley was important to Lelouch, generally liked Kallen and Shirley interaction

Shirley fans understand Kallen is important to Lelouch, usually gets along well with Kallen fans.

It goes like that, I imagine? Wouldn't know since I wasn't around during the Three Kingdoms. xD

Ahem...
Well, personally, I try to be understanding of the situation. I don't think anyone can deny that both of them were very important to Lelouch (though we may disagree in what way they were). So yeah, I don't see any reason we all can't get along, provided we don't rub it in each other's faces

As for the Three Kingdoms wars...eh, to be honest, it's a bit of history I'd rather forget (though I can't deny it did have its moments). We ravaged and got 4 romance threads closed down for the sake of our fandoms.
Old 2010-04-23, 23:28   Link #23087
Lost Cause

In response to Nobodyman9s question: ignored or hated which is better?
Hated! Because everybody loves to talk about what or who they hate!!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 00:41   Link #23088
Sol Falling

lol, that might be true. But Shirley does get hate sometimes, and it was at its peak from the Rolo fangirls right after Shirley's death. To be honest, Shirley hate doesn't make me happy at all--it just kinda fills me with a blind outrage that is dark and dirty feeling. The difference is, of course, that Kallen tends to get hate for, yeah, her success and her happy ending. Shirley hate is more like pissing over the corpse of a dead dog.

As a Suzaku fan, though, I'll have to disagree that his supporters are all mindless h8ters. :P There's some tension with Kallen, of course, but I like to think I give her my respect and that my liking for him is justified.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 00:59   Link #23089
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol, that might be true. But Shirley does get hate sometimes, and it was at its peak from the Rolo fangirls right after Shirley's death. To be honest, Shirley hate doesn't make me happy at all--it just kinda fills me with a blind outrage that is dark and dirty feeling. The difference is, of course, that Kallen tends to get hate for, yeah, her success and her happy ending. Shirley hate is more like pissing over the corpse of a dead dog.
This.

And I think that's why, as far as I know, Shirley tends to get a lot less hate then Kallen does. I mean, the only person I've seen on this forum who seems to hate Shirley is Roloko and even she doesn't go overboard about it. She generally just keeps it to herself (but she sure does spread the Rolo love). Honestly, I can't fathom how anyone could hate Shirley, but I guess every character has haters.

Quote:
As a Suzaku fan, though, I'll have to disagree that his supporters are all mindless h8ters. :P There's some tension with Kallen, of course, but I like to think I give her my respect and that my liking for him is justified.
Well, I just think it's unfair to generalize. Yes fine, maybe a few (okay, maybe a lot. I wouldn't know) Suzaku or C.C. fans bash Kallen relentlessly, but I'm sure there's even more that are very respectful of her character and are fair and not overindulgent in their opinions.
Old 2010-04-24, 03:52   Link #23090
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Let's just all make a union and be epic pwnz0rxz friends. XD

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 05:57   Link #23091
kaizerster
Banned

Um, are we trying to make a couple persons disliking someone as "they hate that character?" Because, neither Euphie, nor Shirley nor any other girl (xcept Nina, and still not to that degree, no one really cares that much) is getting HATE except Kallen.
So saying "oh my chara gets hate" is not accurate, till you see massive trolls or amounts of hating take place, something that when it does concern the females of Geass, only occurs with Kallen.

(btw, keep the thread in topic.)
Old 2010-04-24, 14:19   Link #23092
azul120

I think only irrational hatred is objectionable. I won't name names, but generally no one raises a stink when characters who are already unpopular, and for good reason, are ripped on.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 14:26   Link #23093
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
@Nogitsune: Should we just agree to disagree on our discussion? It seems more "pressing matters" have come up and it doesn't look like either of us will be convincing the other anytime soon.
*nods* Fine by me.
I mean, we agree on something then, at least. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerster View Post
Um, are we trying to make a couple persons disliking someone as "they hate that character?" Because, neither Euphie, nor Shirley nor any other girl (xcept Nina, and still not to that degree, no one really cares that much) is getting HATE except Kallen.
So saying "oh my chara gets hate" is not accurate, till you see massive trolls or amounts of hating take place, something that when it does concern the females of Geass, only occurs with Kallen.
I think it's perfectly all right to say, "character A gets hate sometimes" when character A... well, gets hate sometimes. No one said Euphie was being torn apart by the fandom - just that there are people who can't stand her to the point where they'd happily bash her in fanwork and knowingly make her completely OOC, and that there are those amongst us who find that a little surprising.
Sure, Kallen and Suzaku get positively eaten alive by certain parts of the fandom and generally receive a lot more hate than Shirley or Euphie (as far as I can tell), but at least I've never seen them getting bashed that heavily - and openly - in fanfic. Which, of course, might be due to sheer luck.

Anyway, I don't think there's much of a point in going into detail about character bashing here. It exists, it can be frustrating, but it's a ranty kind of topic that makes it hard to remain focused on Kallen.
Old 2010-04-24, 15:05   Link #23094
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
*nods* Fine by me.
I mean, we agree on something then, at least. xD

I think it's perfectly all right to say, "character A gets hate sometimes" when character A... well, gets hate sometimes. No one said Euphie was being torn apart by the fandom - just that there are people who can't stand her to the point where they'd happily bash her in fanwork and knowingly make her completely OOC, and that there are those amongst us who find that a little surprising.
Sure, Kallen and Suzaku get positively eaten alive by certain parts of the fandom and generally receive a lot more hate than Shirley or Euphie (as far as I can tell), but at least I've never seen them getting bashed that heavily - and openly - in fanfic. Which, of course, might be due to sheer luck.

Anyway, I don't think there's much of a point in going into detail about character bashing here. It exists, it can be frustrating, but it's a ranty kind of topic that makes it hard to remain focused on Kallen.
A couple fanfics =/= REAL trolling hate.
I am talking about constant bashing, and that is Kallen;s treasure. We should not talk about hating sessions when it concerns other charas, with no evidence. No, Euphie does not get hate at all. Nor Shirley. And just in because some fanfics, they get OOC treatment-bad, that does not mean anything.
Anyway, we should probably move on, this goes on circles. I am just feeling a bit of easy to jump to the certain gun, cause i have been a member of Geass community, in a lot of places, and i have seen certain things getting repeated again and again. And one of them, was about how whiny Suzaku was and how bitch Kallen was.
Old 2010-04-24, 15:07   Link #23095
azul120

Actually, Shirley does get bashed for being annoying and useless, the latter of which is effectively without objective merit.
Old 2010-04-24, 15:14   Link #23096
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Actually, Shirley does get bashed for being annoying and useless, the latter of which is effectively without objective merit.
Not more than the usual "oh school girl, Inoue like, bai bai girl." That is not much hate, it is the concept around her character, not massive trolling and stuff.
Old 2010-04-24, 15:21   Link #23097
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
A couple fanfics =/= REAL trolling hate.
I am talking about constant bashing,
Well, I'm not, so that's probably where the problem lies.

Quote:
No, Euphie does not get hate at all. Nor Shirley. And just in because some fanfics, they get OOC treatment-bad, that does not mean anything.
When someone does that and then says, "I treated Euphie this was because I hate her", then I feel justified in saying she gets hate from that person.

Quote:
Anyway, we should probably move on, this goes on circles.
*nods*
I think we've simply been talking about different kinds of "hate".

Quote:
I am just feeling a bit of easy to jump to the certain gun, cause i have been a member of Geass community, in a lot of places, and i have seen certain things getting repeated again and again. And one of them, was about how whiny Suzaku was and how bitch Kallen was.
Ah, I can relate. Fandom can get nasty, though the things that make me jumpy mostly concern Lelouch and maybe Clovis- character bashing/hate I can shrug off most of the time. *pats Kallen and Suzaku on the back*
Old 2010-04-24, 15:33   Link #23098
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
I'm making another ka-shirl-cluclu fanart, just to decide the subject.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 16:52   Link #23099
azul120

Quote:
Not more than the usual "oh school girl, Inoue like, bai bai girl." That is not much hate, it is the concept around her character, not massive trolling and stuff.
I see.

On the flipside, even when you have a really good reason to detest a character, one fan or two will still take exception to it for one reason or another.
Old 2010-04-24, 19:31   Link #23100
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Just saw the birthday PD, and our Kallen had a tear filled voice at the very end T.T
I really need a whole translation of what she said after Lelouch's disparition, as well as Nunally's monologue to Rolo and Lelouch >_<. Nina's was to Shirley btw.

That was kinda terrible, but so, so good.
In short, when it comes to Kallen (I'm too lazy to resume in general, so I'll do it only for Kallen -_-)

Spoiler:

And since I love this pic :

Also, Kallen was incredibly tsun tsun in this PD, till she turned totally dere dere in the end, as usual when it comes to Lelouch.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote