AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-13, 01:58   Link #4381
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0rYn View Post
It was expected, since we were shown that she had a certain air-manipulating power when she used the Level Upper. Now all we need to see is Saten actually leveling up...
A couple Rare Candy's can fix that right up.
Old 2010-09-13, 02:04   Link #4382
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I doubt that Ruiko and the others would be focused upon, but I'd be glad if the manga does.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-09-13, 05:00   Link #4383
Flere821
Lurker

Here's another summary from Vol21:

Ch8 pt7: Accelerator charged in right between Misha and Kazakiri, reflecting them both away. Accel then decided to focus on Kazakiri 1st since his power works on her and only marginally on Misha. Though after he found Misha's the one after him he changed his mind.
Misha then casted the 1st wave of 'The Sweep', a spell capable of destroying half of Earth at once, into a area 2km in diameter with Accel in the centre. It's basically several billion meteors raining down. After being severely damaged and has to rely on his vector ability to get the blood out of his mouth, Accel got back up and flew towards Misha, who declared the 2nd wave of 'The Sweep' will commence in 30 seconds.

Acqua contacted Fiamma, declaring he will stop him. Fiamma merely replied Acqua is the symbol of conflict, using violence to protect people, planting the seeds in the ones he saved and teaching them violence really is the answer. Fiamma stated out of the members of God's Right Seat, Fiamma may be the only one that is capable of stopping Misha in open combat. Since even though she's incomplete, she's still a Archangel. Fiamma taunted Acqua, telling him to do whatever he wants, as Acqua's violence will only work to his favour. Acqua then replied "Then I'll use a method that doesn't rely on violence.", wiping the smile off of Fiamma's face.

Misha's powers suddenly got drained, with a third of its Telesma got absorbed by Acqua due to his alignment with Gabriel. Fiamma realised Acqua is still a member of God's Right Seat regardless, and try to apply common sense onto him isn't going to work - but Fiamma still said all this will achieve is merely self destruction as unless by special circumstances like Angel Fall it's impossible for telesma to be absorbed without side effects.
*Cue dramatic scene of Acqua stabbing down his sword into the ground, Telesma flowing to him and Acqua roaring out in standard power-up howls under the full moon*
Old 2010-09-13, 07:20   Link #4384
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Can I special request abit more detail on Accelerator vs Misha? This would make it the sixth time an attack surpass his redirection power and I'm interested to know more.

And I guess this is one of the rare times Fiamma gets a 'not quite as planned' moment, but it's interesting what he said to Aqua- "using violence to protect people, planting the seeds in the ones he saved and teaching them violence really is the answer." LOL
Old 2010-09-13, 08:48   Link #4385
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Can I special request abit more detail on Accelerator vs Misha? This would make it the sixth time an attack surpass his redirection power and I'm interested to know more.

And I guess this is one of the rare times Fiamma gets a 'not quite as planned' moment, but it's interesting what he said to Aqua- "using violence to protect people, planting the seeds in the ones he saved and teaching them violence really is the answer." LOL
Maybe Fiamma has a point, Acqua has destroyed more than Fiamma did until now coughorleansknightscough.
Old 2010-09-13, 09:30   Link #4386
tsunade666

well Fianmma and Aqua view of morality is totally different. Being a mercenary he would do what he think is right. His the same as Touma and like what Fianma said to Touma they are the same. They would smash anyone who blocks their way. As for Aqua being free from any rules he would rescue who he think fits and kill who he thinks a sinner.

If I compare it Aqua is like Touma doing what he think is right but with violence that is more like Accelerator's path. He can only think of violence to help others. And Aqua wiping out the orlean's knight is the proof of that just to help a little boy rescuing the little girl.

If it's touma he would surely rescue the girl but no one would die.
Old 2010-09-13, 10:24   Link #4387
reaper with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You are not talking about some simple attack here that Accelerator is redirecting, like a nuke or something. You are talking about pure AIM attacks. Besides, Accelerator himself wasn't exactly deflecting Hyouka's attacks with ease. Hyouka's control over AIM is far far greater than what Accelerator can do. Is like comparing Mikoto and Accelerator only this time the one getting beaten down is Accelerator. He'll be fighting a watered down version of Aiwass basically.
You misunderstand me. I agree that Kazakiri should be able to stomp Accelerator's face into the ground. But the summaries we're getting seem to imply otherwise, and that confuses me.

We know Kazakiri was fighting Gabriel. So, she should have been using her strongest attacks. We also know Accelerator should not be able to redirect her strongest attacks.

But the summaries say that Accelerator was redirecting the attacks that Kazakiri was using during that fight, which leads us to two "logical" (and I use the term loosely) conclusions:

A) Accelerator can redirect Kazakiri's strongest attacks
B) Kazakiri was not using her strongest attacks

Neither of these conclusions makes any sense. Therefore, there must be some other factor(s) at play here. I'm wondering what the heck they are. Do Kazakiri's attacks only ignore redirection when she wants them to? Do some of Kazakiri's attacks ignore redirection and some not?
Old 2010-09-13, 10:44   Link #4388
tsunade666

Nope. The answer is simple Kazakiri is going all out against a playful gabriel.

If your asking for a factor that made Accelerator barely redirecting that attack that could kill you if it hits is because his starting to understand the goatskin thanks to persistent asking for deciphering methods.

Accelerator is getting more inhumane each and every volume so it's natural to be surprised but that still doesn't mean Accelerator can win against Kazakiri. Kazakiri is using her energy light sword which is a concentrated attack.

You might think that Accelerator can pull off a total unpredictable win against Kazakiri if he can change the target to miss a fatal hit but even so Accelerator can't attack kazakiri. If you're forgetting that Hyouka is a mass of AIM. Basically she's like spirit so Accelerators attack are useless just like on how he pointlessly attack Aiwass. Their is no physical mass to destroy. So no matter what Accelerator can't beat Hyouka unless Accelerator can start canceling out the existence of Hyouka but that's Touma's ability not his.

If it's a battle of spirit or angel Touma had a better chance of doing some REAL damage but his too busy with Fianma to fight them plus ..... they can fly and touma can't. His right hand wouldn't reach them. And it's a good thing he manage to destroy the remote control of Misha by doing so cutting the link of Misha and Sasha. Who knows what my happen to Sasha if Touma didn't do so.
Old 2010-09-13, 10:45   Link #4389
Inept Forum User

Question

Perhaps there is some kind of safeguard to prevent them from killing one other? (Since they are part of Aleister's plan) (though the circumstances behind FUSE mode are different this time)
Old 2010-09-13, 10:49   Link #4390
tsunade666

Aleister didn't install anything on Hyouka. And Hyouka is currently doing this on her own freewill. Accelerator might be important on Aleister's plan but Accelerator doesn't need protection so his okay. His he freaking strongest esper. Who needs protection!
Old 2010-09-13, 10:51   Link #4391
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Aleister didn't install anything on Hyouka. And Hyouka is currently doing this on her own freewill. Accelerator might be important on Aleister's plan but Accelerator doesn't need protection so his okay. His he freaking strongest esper. Who needs protection!
Good point.

Sorry for making a stupid suggestion.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2010-09-13 at 17:08.
Old 2010-09-13, 12:03   Link #4392
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Volume 11 started!

Touma, I really felt sorry for him here.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2010-09-13, 12:28   Link #4393
Ashaman

I love how his first reaction is that its a trap. Just goes to show his thoughts, right.
Old 2010-09-13, 16:47   Link #4394
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

"Touma is an unfortunate guy." was repeated four times, lol. And Necessarius has passports? That's surprisingly convenient.
Old 2010-09-13, 17:30   Link #4395
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Good point.

Sorry for making a stupid suggestion.
Isn't stupid.

EDIT:
OH, forgot this:

Spoiler for Bardway:

Has anyone got some info about her?

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-09-13 at 18:57.
Old 2010-09-13, 19:10   Link #4396
tsunade666

The organization where Bardway belongs with is The Dawn Colored Sunlight. She appeared in Index SS of dengeki bungko. I don't have info on her but it looks like she and Index new each other.

Can I have a compilation of dengeki bungko's Side story and Also Kaori's Side story?

Wilfri do you have a compilation of it?
Old 2010-09-13, 19:12   Link #4397
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
The organization where Bardway belongs with is The Dawn Colored Sunlight. She appeared in Index SS of dengeki bungko. I don't have info on her but it looks like she and Index new each other.

Can I have a compilation of dengeki bungko's Side story and Also Kaori's Side story?

Wilfri do you have a compilation of it?
Only the first(I have a link available) and the second.... I'm still waiting the other to arrive. If you want I can PM you with the link.

Quote:
And then, he mustn’t go for this trip full of traps, Kamijo thought.
Hideyoshi's world, LOL.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-09-13 at 19:30.
Old 2010-09-13, 20:17   Link #4398
tsunade666

pm pm pm me the link. Even though I'm busy with my design their is always some time to squeeze on to aru verse.
Old 2010-09-13, 20:38   Link #4399
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
pm pm pm me the link. Even though I'm busy with my design their is always some time to squeeze on to aru verse.
OK, I've already send the link.

New pic I got from the next part.

Bardway loves trolling everyone.
Old 2010-09-13, 21:13   Link #4400
tsunade666

Looks like another troublesome and playful character to me. I add her up on my fav list

btw is that the knight leader behind her? eating potato ships -_- I just remember when the knight leader visited the amakusa in the side story.

I wish bardway would appear in the novel too not just on the SS >< I love playful characters.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen