GundamFan1989

Yeah Keep the Yaoi on fanfiction sites
GundamFan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 22:08   Link #2782
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
We've had over 100 pages without much yaoi talk and I hope this doesn't turn into a war but
...but please don't start now, for the love of god. If you MUST know, take it to PM.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 22:16   Link #2783
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
...but please don't start now, for the love of god. If you MUST know, take it to PM.
You're right. PMs would be best.
Old 2011-03-29, 00:45   Link #2784
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
You're right. PMs would be best.
Thank you.
Old 2011-03-29, 01:46   Link #2785
wingzerosnuggles

Did somebody say PMS? xD

Yeesh, anyway, interesting points from Kurage earlier. I wouldn't know about the "fairy" bit but Zechs having a pet name for his daughter is strangely hilarious. I wonder if they're going to pull reestablishing the Peacecraft monarchy again since there are new heirs. Cuz heaven knows how long they pulled that shit with the Zabis and Deikuns in UC.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 08:57   Link #2786
shadowii

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Did somebody say PMS? xD

Yeesh, anyway, interesting points from Kurage earlier. I wouldn't know about the "fairy" bit but Zechs having a pet name for his daughter is strangely hilarious. I wonder if they're going to pull reestablishing the Peacecraft monarchy again since there are new heirs. Cuz heaven knows how long they pulled that shit with the Zabis and Deikuns in UC.
It seems to me that the real zechs does not want that (neither did relena pre frozen)
but some people do

by the way can someone explain to me what the Lanigreen Republic is and what the Mars Federation is exactly?

I wonder if Duo II got to know Naina during the orphanage time
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 14:01   Link #2787
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
by the way can someone explain to me what the Lanigreen Republic is and what the Mars Federation is exactly?

I wonder if Duo II got to know Naina during the orphanage time
It hasn't really been explained very well yet but from what a I GATHER:
The Mars Federation is the government/nation of the entirety of Mars. The Lanigreen was a city/area IN the Mars Federation, which has rebelled and declared independence from the Mars Federation.
How the ESUN fits into all of this, ie whether the Mars Federation is a member of, ally, or enemy of the ESUN I still don't understand myself.

And that's what it seems like. I'm starting to wonder if they're trying to push a ship, there, but... >.> It could just be a sisterly type of thing. No way to know until we get translations I guess.

How're those going, by the way, Deacon?
Old 2011-03-29, 18:28   Link #2788
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Progressing... slowly but surely.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:03   Link #2789
Leave The Pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan1989 View Post
I don't see the Homosexual thing with Quatre and Trowa, in times of war people develop close friendships i:e War veterans keeping in contact
(Sorry to butt in.)

I don't see smexual attraction there either. It's called bromance. One that sprang from Quatre's guilt, remorse and redemption and Trowa's forgiveness and closure.

IMO, the ships were always hinted. Especially in the endings, both series-wise and film/OVA-wise. Duo and Hilde were put together on a scene, and so are Zechs and Noin. And of course, Heero and Relena. The series' last scene was those two. And in the film, despite not ending up with each other (which broke my heart, BTW), their last scenes show both of them looking up from... under the same sky! Haha.

But seriously. Ships are hinted. That's why I never understood 3x4 fangirls. Quatre and Trowa never haunted each other in their dreams, nor did either of them come to senses at the sound of the other's voice, and whatnot. Quatre crying over Trowa's "death", which Quatre caused and later regretted, was NORMAL. It's not a hint of "Baaww! Tru lurve!".

Okay, that's my rant.
Leave The Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 20:22   Link #2790
Obsidiandagger
Preventer 2nd class

Unless....(stepping in to be silly for a moment) Qautre and Trowa ARE gay but realize that they cannot naturally have children thus they decide to make clones of everyone they goddamn know giving us the cast of Frozen Teardrop. (End silliness)

On another note, I wonder if we are gonna get a map of mars to see what lies in control of the Mars Federation, the Lanigreen Republic and what, if anything is loyal to the Earth Sphere/ Preventers.
Old 2011-03-29, 21:51   Link #2791
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Some awesome scans of the latest Glory of the Losers ( ) chapter:

Spoiler for FULL ARMOR SANDROCK:

Spoiler for Heavyarms vs Sandrock:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 22:08   Link #2792
Kitsoru

Oh my god people what do you not understand about take it to PM's holy crap

Also:

Full-Armor Sandrock YES PLEASE

Katoki you sure are not letting us down <3 I can't wait for these modelkits! (nevermind I still haven't gotten around to grabbing the 'scythe ones yet, but..)
Old 2011-03-29, 23:17   Link #2793
Obsidiandagger
Preventer 2nd class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Oh my god people what do you not understand about take it to PM's holy crap

Also:

Full-Armor Sandrock YES PLEASE

Katoki you sure are not letting us down <3 I can't wait for these modelkits! (nevermind I still haven't gotten around to grabbing the 'scythe ones yet, but..)
Your right my bad.
And I concur on Full Armour Sandrock, it was always said that it had the best armor but due to the budget they couldn't show it in the series in as much detail (Right? someone back me up here) this is some awesome art so far in the manga. Heavyarms is also pretty sweet too. Though, nothing beats Heavy arms in EW, IMHO
Old 2011-03-30, 01:12   Link #2794
Kitsoru

REI just posted a blog about receiving her Glory tankobon: http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2479292.html

It looks like it comes with an art print or something..? Can anyone who has/has access to it confirm this?
Old 2011-03-30, 04:15   Link #2795
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

A Full Armor Sandrock?

I didn't think it was possible...I sure wouldn't mind other types of new surprises for the Gundams.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 13:48   Link #2796
kurage

Kitsoru, I knew about the Greek myth (I lol'd at the whole Wind and Fire thing, too. Clearly Zechs is the wind that feeds Noin's fire) but it's still pretty funny XD I Wiki'd Cyrene again and it doesn't say if she's human but maybe she's a nymph or something similar? Not sure if nymph and fairy share the same kanji or not, though. I was probably thinking too much about the Lucrezia/Noin thing. Since he's always called her Noin, him suddenly calling her Lucrezia seemed odd. I guess he's started to call her Lucrezia again after they got together and only refers to her as Noin when they're not together.. Lucrezia during intimate moments and Noin during every other time, I guess XD I have lecture recess coming soon and have been doodling Naina all over my notes so I'll probably have a go at fairy!Naina some day.

I looked at the conversation between Duo and Zechs again, this time with the help of my friend who is actually fluent in Japanese. She's only watched SEED and 00 so doesn't know much about Wing apart from Duo being awesome, and it's past midnight so my mind's a little foggy but I think this is what I got out of it. Do take this with a little grain of salt. This is only two pages and I started halfway through the chapter. I was going to have a go at finding out what the Neuenheim/Noinheim Konzern really is but.. maybe next time. Sigh, I can't believe I stayed up till 5AM for this. Why do I have to love Gundam Wing so much? I am so skipping Organic Chemistry class later. Stuff that I'm not too sure about are in bold.

Spoiler for Teal deer:

Reminder: It's way past midnight and I'm probably not even reading some of the stuff correctly. Don't take everything here toooo seriously yet, but I'm sure at least some of them are right. Like Naina's age. I'll go through what I just typed again after my lectures.

LoweGear, thanks so much for the scans! I love FA-Sandrock! These ver.Ka's are really looking awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on the model kits, myself. They're going to be Master Grade, right? That's going to kill my wallet. I already have two sitting unassembled at home but as much as I want the Deathscythe, my money has to go to Banpresto first. I've been waiting too long to listen to Just Communication again in a SRT game

And imho, EW!Heavyarms is one of the most badass Gundams of all time (OF ALL TIME!).

One more random observation: Sumizawa seems to have spelt Miliardo with one L. I always thought it was Milliardo, with two L's. Isn't that how it's always been spelt?
kurage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 15:22   Link #2797
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Cyrene is a water nymph.

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-03-30, 15:32   Link #2798
Omnicat

Hello AS. After much prodding and poking, wingzerosnuggles has finally convinced me to create an account. You are a corrupting influence, hun. :P Anyway, chiming in to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurage View Post
- Konzern (Concern in English) is actually a german kind of business company, by the way. Not sure how it differs from others but I see the word "German language" mentioned.. I wonder if this makes Noin German or at least has German blood. I know Noin comes from neun but I think she's listed as Mediterranean. I don't know about Mediterranean races in Germany and I always thought that in Europe, Mediterranean races are dominant in Italy, Spain and Greece. Her given name being Italian somehow made me think that she is possibly Italian. This is not important at all. Maybe the family just decided they liked German words XD
Mediterranean means any country that borders on the Mediterranean Sea, so Spain, Italy, Greece, Monaco, Malta, AND the Middle-Eastern and North African countries along the eastern and southern shores. There is a German-speaking minority in the very northern part of Italy, which borders on the predominantly German-speaking Swiss and Austria. So Noin's family using German words while being listed as having Mediterranean origins isn't impossible. I personally have my doubts about this situation persisting into the AC era, but, *shrug*

Also, "wayward daughter"? Duo isn't the only one reminded of early Relena. She told Sally, "I'm his [VFM Darlian's] disobedient daughter" when she went looking for Heero in the hospital in one of the first episodes.
Omnicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 17:09   Link #2799
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Okay guys and gals... I'm slowly coming up to speed with some things here. I'm compiling a list of names that I've glossed over in the novel series thus far. Please advise me if I've missed any.

Angelina Khushrenada
Aoi Clark
Artemis Sedici
Catherine Bloom
Chang WuFei
Chilias Catalonia
Cinquante Khushrenada
Daigo Onegell
Dekim Barton
Dermail Catalonia
Dixneuf Noinheim
Doktor T
Dorothy T. Catalonia
Duo Maxwell
Ein Yuy
Eleve Onegell
Father Maxwell
Heero Yuy
Hilde Schbeiker
Howard
Hundert Khushrenada
Instructor W
Iria Winner
Izumi Tarnoff
Kathy Po
King Peacecraft
Lady Une
Lana Green
Laphroaig Pete
Lucrezia Peacecraft
Malyne/Marleen Darlian
Master Chang
Mille Peacecraft
Milliardo Peacecraft
Naina Peacecraft
Nove Noinheim
Noventa
Odin Lowe
Quaterine Oud Winner
Quatre Raberba Winner
Quinze
Rashid
Rashid's Wife
Relena Darlian
Sakai Masakazu
Sally Po
Seis Clark
Septem
Solak Delbrück
Stella
Sylvia Noventa
Trant Clark
Treize Khushrenada
Trowa Barton
Trowa Phobos
Tsubarov Villemont
Van Khushrenada
Venti
Wind of Cyrene
Zayed Tabla Winner
Zechs Merquise

Old 2011-03-30, 17:53   Link #2800
Kitsoru

Bah, disregard that.

Heero Yuy the original? If he's important enough (to the novel) to note? And also that name Duo was using, James Clerk Maxwell or w/e?

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing