AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-09-05, 10:16   Link #301
MadModBassist
That funky dude himself

Location: Where it's circular on the outside and high in the middle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanxpr View Post
This means "Guitar is made from cheap basswood". Too bad even the new Les Pauls are still made of Mahagoney but they route out the wood inside making it too damn light, the older LP's are heavy as hell...
Ain't that the truth. I hate cheap guitars nowadays. I mean, it's great that anyone can begin, but I feel I'm doing a disservice to the world by lettign Harmony and First Act to continue making guitars, and all companies like that that create the cheapest guitars ever.
Also, it's kind of funny how Yui actually does play the full size Gibson Les Paul, and does note that it is extremely heavy. Why can't girls be like Yui, huh? Why do they have to have baby guitars? :P

Anyway, even before this anime I wanted Mio's Fender Jazz bass
MadModBassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 23:35   Link #302
DidCart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
If you like them with clothes on why not shed a few skin?

K-on gashapon swimsuits!

Release date : December 2009

Popsicle action Azu-nyan and Mio.
I NEED TO BUY THESE!
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 00:13   Link #303
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadModBassist View Post
Ain't that the truth. I hate cheap guitars nowadays. I mean, it's great that anyone can begin, but I feel I'm doing a disservice to the world by lettign Harmony and First Act to continue making guitars, and all companies like that that create the cheapest guitars ever.
Also, it's kind of funny how Yui actually does play the full size Gibson Les Paul, and does note that it is extremely heavy. Why can't girls be like Yui, huh? Why do they have to have baby guitars? :P

Anyway, even before this anime I wanted Mio's Fender Jazz bass
Well even new LP's are a bit heavy at the neck...

I've been to Japan a few times, and pretty much always looking for a guitar to buy, was there last year in Oct and scored this little beauty

It's an Edwards LP 92SD/QM, got it for about $600. Not sure if you know that Edwards is another branch from ESP Guitars. I tried this to a real Gibson that was probabaly a late 80's model, and truth be told sound wise the Gibson was a bit better, but that was going for $3000. But money was a factor for me so I went with the Edwards, have already done a few cover songs with it and so far loving it!

For some time I was thinking about getting a Fender Jazz Bass but after watching K-On! I knew I had to get the tobacco finish! Luckily found this bass that was Made in Mexico but had some reall great upgrades added to it like a BadAss Bridge II, Hipshot Tuner on the E, and better electronics.

rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 08:20   Link #304
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanxpr View Post
For some time I was thinking about getting a Fender Jazz Bass but after watching K-On! I knew I had to get the tobacco finish! Luckily found this bass that was Made in Mexico but had some reall great upgrades added to it like a BadAss Bridge II, Hipshot Tuner on the E, and better electronics.

Did you rewire the bass strings yourself? It is either the lighting or what, but the strings seem newer than the frame.

I am looking to buy a red Fender Mustang, probably somewhere at the end of this year. It is time I stop taking my friend's Yamaha guitar to fool around with.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 09:37   Link #305
MadModBassist
That funky dude himself

@rockmanxpr: I'd never heard of Edwards. Hey, $600 ain't bad at all. My youth group owns a Fender Jazz made in Mexico that was probably about that much, and I can barely tell the difference between it and the real thing.
And that's some nice gear on that Mex. Jazz.

@SaintessHeart: Good luck with that, seeing as Mustangs aren't made anymore Well, in America anyway, apparently. Looks like they're being made or were being made in Japan...no wonder...
Old 2009-09-08, 04:36   Link #306
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Did you rewire the bass strings yourself? It is either the lighting or what, but the strings seem newer than the frame.
No these are the strings that came with it.

Quote:
@rockmanxpr: I'd never heard of Edwards. Hey, $600 ain't bad at all. My youth group owns a Fender Jazz made in Mexico that was probably about that much, and I can barely tell the difference between it and the real thing.
And that's some nice gear on that Mex. Jazz.
Edwards is a branch of ESP guitars and only sell in Japan due to some models be direct copies of Gibsons and Fenders, etc, etc. Quality is great and so is the price.

Here's the Edwards version of Yui's LP

As for MiM Fenders, the materials, constuction, and most parts are the same as the USA shops, only big difference is the electronics, but once you've switched them out with some quality parts, they hold great any american Fender.

Last edited by rockmanxpr; 2009-09-08 at 18:55.
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 13:43   Link #307
Shadow Kira01

ついに「けいおん!澪」のおっぱいが揉み放題に (NSFW)

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but...

Spoiler for NSFW:

For 3780 yen, this is one of those oppai mousepads featuring Akiyama Mio, one of the two most popular K-ON! characters. I have no idea why anybody would need a mousepad to begin with as that it is unnecessary but perhaps, that only applies to people using optical mice.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 16:23   Link #308
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Those things are really weird, is your wrist supposed to go between her chest or something?
Old 2009-09-08, 16:29   Link #309
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Those things are really weird, is your wrist supposed to go between her chest or something?
Like most "oppai" mousepads.... they're not actually that *usable* at all.

Even ignoring any debate on whether this is an absurd product or not -- the implementation looks somewhat poorly constructed.
Old 2009-09-08, 19:06   Link #310
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
I have little clue but it seems to be that way as Google (NSFW) indicates.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 20:12   Link #311
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Oh well, it's not like there isn't weirder stuff out there.
Old 2009-09-09, 01:43   Link #312
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
ついに「けいおん!澪」のおっぱいが揉み放題に (NSFW)

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but...

Spoiler for NSFW:

For 3780 yen, this is one of those oppai mousepads featuring Akiyama Mio, one of the two most popular K-ON! characters. I have no idea why anybody would need a mousepad to begin with as that it is unnecessary but perhaps, that only applies to people using optical mice.
Yep I mentioned those, not until my photobucket's bandwith exceeded

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1569
Where to buy
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1573
Old 2009-09-09, 12:31   Link #313
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've been pricing Fender Jazz Bass guitars.... ouchies. I think I'll just hit the second-hand avenues and see just how interested I am in picking up the bass again (haven't played since I was a teen). Both my sons are learning guitar and I had this idea of joining in...

It'd be more productive than our Rock Band sessions anyway
Old 2009-09-10, 06:37   Link #314
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've been pricing Fender Jazz Bass guitars.... ouchies. I think I'll just hit the second-hand avenues and see just how interested I am in picking up the bass again (haven't played since I was a teen). Both my sons are learning guitar and I had this idea of joining in...

You should get a keyboard instead for accompaniment. I think your wife should be able to play it.

Me and my high school friends wanted to learn guitar at the same time, but eventually we split up to learn different instruments (I got drums at my behest). You could try the drums too, if you feel that your motor skills are not treating you poorly at your age (no offense, but I am sorry if it hurts).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 10:08   Link #315
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
You could try the drums too, if you feel that your motor skills are not treating you poorly at your age (no offense, but I am sorry if it hurts).
Are you kidding me? The Rolling Stones once played a gig for Jesus and his 12 Apostles, so if those dinosaurs can continue to play, so should anyone else of an older age with an active lifestyle (And I think playing Rock Band counts )...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 16:44   Link #316
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
You should get a keyboard instead for accompaniment. I think your wife should be able to play it.

Me and my high school friends wanted to learn guitar at the same time, but eventually we split up to learn different instruments (I got drums at my behest). You could try the drums too, if you feel that your motor skills are not treating you poorly at your age (no offense, but I am sorry if it hurts).
Heh... I'd toast you in a sword fight methinks so you might want to rethink that stereotype you're playing. But I've *always* sucked at drums, no matter what age. Whats with the age jab?

I'm not sure why you're suggesting the keyboard, I'm looking for a bass guitar to see if I'm still interested in the hobby. I'd rather spend a few hundred bucks to see than a thousand. I played bass guitar as a teenager so it isn't like I'm worried that its "hard" ..... .... ...
Though my wife does play piano... so she might get interested in a keyboard if we three are playing. However, no one can sing for shit -- we'd have to kidnap one of their girl buddies (one sings well enough to star in local musicals).

Rock Band is fun but its really just a sparkly version of "Simon Says".
Old 2009-09-10, 16:54   Link #317
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Very sparkly.
Old 2009-09-12, 00:52   Link #318
MadModBassist
That funky dude himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Dohoho, yessir, that is correct. You want genuine Fender Jazz, made in American? Over a $1000 easily :P

I'd recommend as an alternative the Mexican Fender Jazz. It'll cut the price by about half-, but you still get Fender Jazz tone and everything, or at least in my experience with my church's beat-up MexJazz.

However, if you don't have to get a Fender Jazz, I'd suggest an even cheaper yet more high-quality alternative: Ibanez SDGR or SoundGear. They make a mean low-price bass.
Old 2009-09-12, 03:12   Link #319
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadModBassist View Post
Dohoho, yessir, that is correct. You want genuine Fender Jazz, made in American? Over a $1000 easily :P

I'd recommend as an alternative the Mexican Fender Jazz. It'll cut the price by about half-, but you still get Fender Jazz tone and everything, or at least in my experience with my church's beat-up MexJazz.

However, if you don't have to get a Fender Jazz, I'd suggest an even cheaper yet more high-quality alternative: Ibanez SDGR or SoundGear. They make a mean low-price bass.
Thanks for the suggestions... yeah, I'd noticed the Ibanez - but hadn't had a chance to follow up on it.
Old 2009-09-12, 09:23   Link #320
Snickripep
I like MUDKIPZ! :3

I want chibi Fuwa Fuwa Time figurines.
That would be so cute!
Anyone know if there are any posters out yet?
Snickripep is offline   Reply With Quote