AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 54 41.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 27.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 8.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-30, 01:55   Link #161
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Did Kirino blow off work to play an Ero-game???? It sure looked like she did.
Yes, she did. That is why Ayase was wondering if she was studying... She's half right.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-11-30, 02:05   Link #162
sikvod00

^ More work = more eroge!!!
Despite all of Kirino's personality flaws, at least she has a productive "life": specifically work and extracurricular activities. The same can't be said of Kyousuke, who at times seems like a bum to me. As a parent, I really wouldn't be bothered if one of my kids wasn't great at academics compared to another, but having some kind of job to become more independent and be more responsible is very important. If not a job, join a club you like or something; anything besides lazing around and hanging out with middle school girls in your "spare" time. Is it even normal for a teenage boy in an Asian family not to have a job while his younger sister does? I'd assume they'd be more stricter with those sort of things, I'm sorry, but that's a bit embarrassing to me. I can't imagine my younger sibling getting a job before me and making some extra dough
Old 2010-11-30, 02:06   Link #163
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Yes, she did. That is why Ayase was wondering if she was studying... She's half right.
To each their own and everything but to blow off work for an Ero-game? Even though I understand their appeal and I play some every now and then myself but that is just the saddest thing you could do....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2010-11-30, 02:11   Link #164
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
To each their own and everything but to blow off work for an Ero-game? Even though I understand their appeal and I play some every now and then myself but that is just the saddest thing you could do....
Well, she was just really enthusiastic about a game, and she got carried away. It's a bit disturbing if combined with the shower scene, but at least I can understand that time flies when you're having fun and it's extremely easy to look at the clock and go OH CRAP. ---

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-11-30, 02:35   Link #165
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ho-hum, nothing really happened this time around. Guess its an episode to flesh out the otaku trio's characters? Not that I mind much, as it shows a side of Saori that's only been hinted of before, got to relate a bit to Kirino more because the 'hug pillow in bed' is the same thing I do when I get a moe-overload, and it's just a pleasure listening to Kuroneko. Just too bad nothing whatsoever of Manami; goddamit, Kyou, why didn't you call her? >_>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2010-11-30, 02:40   Link #166
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Kyousuke x Kuroneko

I like manami aloot, but this is just how it has to be.

I think the key development this episode is now knowing Kuroneko's cosplay is just a front to hide her depression. Also is subconciously wanting someone to notice.
Old 2010-11-30, 02:45   Link #167
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Depression? when is she ever depressed?
Old 2010-11-30, 02:53   Link #168
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Depression? when is she ever depressed?
Did you read that diary entry? At the very least she doesn't sound very cheerful about her school life. Depression might be a bit far, but could at least say that before meeting with Saori and Kirino she was pretty lonely. Doesn't sound like she has friends in her class.

Thought the episode was completely win for the Kuroneko moments. Got to see some moments with her sister. The surprise/bit of happiness at Kyousuke calling, how she actually has people that will respond to her diary entries now, etc. Think she's really gained a lot during this series.
Old 2010-11-30, 02:56   Link #169
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I don't think its ever outright stated she's depressed, but I think she's probably going through a bit of a teenage angst thing. I mean seriously, she pretends to be a fallen angel in her spare time. She's actually a lot more appealing when she's not putting on an act.

BTW, one of my firends described her as a cross between a Twilight fangirl and an /a/ poster. Personally, I think she'd need to be into bishounen to really live up to that though.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-11-30, 03:28   Link #170
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I don't think its ever outright stated she's depressed, but I think she's probably going through a bit of a teenage angst thing. I mean seriously, she pretends to be a fallen angel in her spare time. She's actually a lot more appealing when she's not putting on an act.

BTW, one of my firends described her as a cross between a Twilight fangirl and an /a/ poster. Personally, I think she'd need to be into bishounen to really live up to that though.
If Kuroneko is into bishounen of shoujo manga, I am going to slam my head against the wall.

Let's hope that she has never played Persona 4.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-11-30, 03:46   Link #171
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Did you read that diary entry? At the very least she doesn't sound very cheerful about her school life. Depression might be a bit far, but could at least say that before meeting with Saori and Kirino she was pretty lonely. Doesn't sound like she has friends in her class.

Thought the episode was completely win for the Kuroneko moments. Got to see some moments with her sister. The surprise/bit of happiness at Kyousuke calling, how she actually has people that will respond to her diary entries now, etc. Think she's really gained a lot during this series.
She's a poser, he poses a certain persona when dealing with people outside her family life. The phone conversation with Kyousuke is a prime example, how she was caught off guard and took a breath to get into character.

For whatever reason she wants people to believe she's some dark brooding denizen of the netherworld. From my understanding this is fairly common in the subculture world. Like I actually know people, much to my dismay, who refer to each other in real life by online handles, it's really creepy when you find out that they refer to each others as friends but really have no idea who each other are... This is people who are in my age group and higher mind you.
Old 2010-11-30, 04:04   Link #172
taofd

Oh wow. I was seriously considering dropping this series, but ep 9 was just too good!

I'm shipping KuronekoXKyousuke now...

edit: i wonder if the eroge is a direct foreshadowing of mr. oniisan + kirino's relationship

Last edited by taofd; 2010-11-30 at 04:16. Reason: durrr
Old 2010-11-30, 04:45   Link #173
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
Oh wow. I was seriously considering dropping this series, but ep 9 was just too good!

I'm shipping KuronekoXKyousuke now...

edit: i wonder if the eroge is a direct foreshadowing of mr. oniisan + kirino's relationship
-_- Talk like this gets old and annoying after a while. If you're gonna drop a series just drop it, no need for the whole "I was gonna drop it but this one episode changed my mind...."
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2010-11-30, 04:51   Link #174
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post

I don't think she's depressed as well, longly? definitely, but not depressed. (at least not yet, and IMO, her knowing Kyosuke, Kirino & Saori probably saved her from that)

She is clearly a poser and anti-social type, not that she didn't want to have friends, she probably didn't know how. Which would explain her proficiency in gaming, dojin-works, and blogs. One reason might even be her family, she got stuck look after her little sister and was busy all that time. She only got time for her dojinshi stuff after the other sister came back.

Quote:
She's actually not really blowing off work at least not strictly speaking. Her job was a reader-model and unlike Ayase, she didn't sign with a talent agency. What that mean is that the she got called whenever there's a shoot, but can either accept or decline, obviously if you decline too often they won't call you too much. But as it stands, Kirino is supposely fairly popular and that gives her some pick & choose leeway.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2010-11-30 at 05:01.
Old 2010-11-30, 05:12   Link #175
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kuroneko is just going through her emo phase, she thinks everything dark is cool. She'll get over it. Her blog entry was pretty funny actually, it was a parody of the stuff angsty teenagers always write in their diary. Kirino's comment was great: "I managed to read up to 'I was lonely this week'". What a bitch!

And I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but I think some people are taking this anime, and Kirino in particular, way too seriously. For me, this episode was the ultimate proof that Kirino isn't supposed to be a believable character at all, she's there to piss off the watchers and she's doing a damn good job at it. I'm giving up on her, I'm sure it'll make the anime a lot more enjoyable this way.
Old 2010-11-30, 05:13   Link #176
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I go to class for one day and the thread goes into overdrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
[...removed full post quote to save scrolling...]
1. At this point I think the series has made it plainly clear that if they are anything like a traditional nuclear family then it is merely superficial. Again remember that traditional families are considered in cultural and personal contexts, such that we cannot presume to think that they must act in a specific way to reflect a specific accepted family interactive lifestyle. The fact that they aren't functioning as a proper family should culturally speaking already should make us aware that we shouldn't be expecting normal acts from them. Even though I must admit to the extremes of Kirino's behavior, they aren't a good family by any means, and thus similar acts like this are almost expected.

2. Would you immediately expect, with a few episodes in the run left, that Kirino would immediately follow your inevitable conclusion within the span of a few minutes after playing the game? Just because she didn't make the conclusion NOW doesn't mean she WON'T EVER make the conclusion. She's been distant and stubborn towards her brother for what are probably years, and it might be unfair to expect her to realize this within minutes of playing an eroge that presented a carbon copy of her own personality. The mere fact that she displayed annoyance and realization more than a normal person would already suggests that she had realized something. Anger and annoyance is her typical reaction to this things as the series seems to show, yet she displayed a rather atypical one here to a specific character is a specific way. This, in context with her personality, looks to be the first step towards making the conclusion we both would like her too.

3. Yes she's been playing eroge for ages now, but the episode makes it seem like she has never played a character she had so personally identified with until today, hence her atypical reaction to the eroge. This may as well be the first time she has felt such a relationship with a character that practically mirrors her, so much so that her usual immediate reaction to such things is annoyance as I had pointed out above.

4. Yes ok I can concede to her surprise at Kyousuke's angry reaction, but it brings up another issue she may just have to face: what now happens when her brother decides to stand up for himself? They have been fighting or cold shouldering each other for years, and a confrontation like this forces her to rethink just how they've been dealing with each other. This may as well be the first time Kyousuke pointed out to her that she's being insufferable and unmindful of others. This may be the first time that he simply pointed out her faults outright and bluntly. She doesn't get it from her parents that's for sure, so this might be the first time in her life someone simply pointed out that she isn't a picture perfect person, something she has sorely needed since like forever. That is precisely why she sucks at criticism.

5. Again, point number two and point number 4. Just because she didn't doesn't mean she never will, and implications about her life has somewhat showed that she has shown some degree of incapacity at showing some regard for other people. She is, shall we say, emotionally blunted. She's not actually sociopathic, but it is safe to believe that living the life of a modern queen bee as opposed to being a worker bee like Kyousuke has shielded her from more expected social realities you'd want from any person. A brotherly alienation, pampering parents, pampering friends etc etc.

6. I am also not convinced she's supposed to be the villain. If anything, maybe she's closer to the damsel in distress who doesn't really want to be saved. Okay sure she wants her life counseling sessions, but she also seems okay with much of the status quo, when in fact she looks to be so out of tune with the rest of her family and the rest of the outside world that she NEEDS Kyousuke for perspective, perspective she finds difficult to accept from him because her feelings of alienation still separates them.

That's the irony here I think: She needs him but she claims not to want him. The very distance that has grown between them feeds her actions that push him away.

7. The final point, about the context I see. The context finally started coming to light here because much of it comes from Rinko, whom we believe is a reflection of Kirino. I come out of the episode believing that Rinko stands as a good basis for what Kirino is and may possibly become. Rinko reflects Kirino's personality and how the character says that her brother shouldn't start acting like a brother now when they've been apart for so long. Rinko indirectly (and incompletely, sadly) reveals much of what is wrong between Kirino and Kyousuke. It may no longer be a stretch to say that the problem of the eroge's characters are the same ones the siblings face today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
[...removed full post quote to save scrolling...]
I am thankful for this episode for actually reigniting my interest in the series, because initially I was actually planning on dropping the show if episode 9 goes nowhere. Thankfully I am wrong, and I think I have the desire now to finish it to the end. There might exist the possibility that in 3-4 episodes the series might salvage this purportedly central storyline and adequately resolve it.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-30 at 12:01.
Old 2010-11-30, 06:10   Link #177
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm sure people have noticed that she used Kyousuke as a point of reference to answering the questions dealing with Rinko's story route.
Old 2010-11-30, 06:29   Link #178
taofd

Quote:
-_- Talk like this gets old and annoying after a while. If you're gonna drop a series just drop it, no need for the whole "I was gonna drop it but this one episode changed my mind...."
Sorry for sharing my feelings :/
Old 2010-11-30, 06:42   Link #179
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Thank god for Kuroneko because this series would be unbearable without her...Part of me thinks the anime teams purposefully wants us to hate Kirino...

Well its working...In spades. (Although I have fanned over playing a few Visual Novels for the first time so that was at least nice...but the reactions to the Ero scenes were just... )

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2010-11-30, 07:12   Link #180
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Let's say it straight , Kyousuke will never be with anyone of those girls except Manami
Why? Simply , he's not interested and EP 6 already said it all.

Let's just hope that the show won't end on incest ending... (at least for me...)
The coincidence with the eroge increased the possible incest ending though..
Closed Thread