AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-03-31, 11:30   Link #3721
morli

Hey, it's just hit my head that weiss only possess girl with negative emotion, then it's possible the goddess can only possess girl who have love emotion right?
And you know? Almost all girl that possessed by runaway spirit have something she love (track and field, singing, shogi, keima, etc) make it's possible they are possessed by goddess. I suspect the author set it up like that purposely to give all of them a chance to have goddess.

Diana possess tenri in order to help her. Because tenri's love is big, Diana power come back rather quickly. Apollo possess kanon as runaway spirit, and we know kanon's negative feeling is bigger thus make the weiss stronger and apollo become weak. I suspect vulcan choose tsukiyo because she is beautiful, then vulcan become weaker because tsukiyo's negative feeling.

Why vulcan choose tsukiyo? The fact that apollo and vulcan remember about keima make it a proof that the goddess has her conciousness when they possess someone, just like diana when she possess tenri consciously. My assumption is the goddess choose her own vessel, but become weaker due to vessel's negative feeling (the exception is diana).

Just like keima said, "proof before theory". I create my theory based on fact that I found...

Spoiler for My research about the girl's love...:
Old 2011-03-31, 16:20   Link #3722
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

http://animapple.blogspot.com/2011/0...a-of-kami.html
I think everyone here should read this for the sake of the author.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 17:30   Link #3723
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 18:26   Link #3724
D-Gold
Aurum

wow. I never would have guessed the author of Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai would have a story like that. I mean a hikikomori NEET.0_o
Old 2011-03-31, 20:21   Link #3725
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I knew a bit about his background but damn whoever his editor is....he has absolutely no taste in manga
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 20:46   Link #3726
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Wakaki spent years of solitude, training on his mountain of EROGE, until he reached the final stage, the highest peak of the summit.
He finally walked down the path of CAPTURING GOD, a road filled with peril and hard work, years of training, alone in the wilderness of urban OSAKA, where wild animals roam the streets, and blood-sucking tax attorneys linger at every corner, just waiting for you to show just a slight glimpse of your vulnerable neck, so they can SUCK DRY your last bit of saved up money.
It was a hard battle, but he fought well, and then finally, the day came... He looked up into the sky, to the most beautiful sunrise a man of the wild can imagine, the sun glimmering with rays of hope, yes, he knew exactly what this moment meant to him, no, to ALL MANKIND, this was : Kami nomi zo shiru sekai...
This brave warrior hath finally found his calling, and he walks a lonely road, on a boulevard of broken dreams paved by sublime bricks of seraphim.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 22:12   Link #3727
kniteowl

wow... shows how hard it is to do manga... Wow the editors sound a lot more harsh then they are in Bakuman, I personally thought of capturing girls using visual novel game experience as a genius idea and a interesting summary for a manga.

Guess it shows how important it is to get yourself a good editor, like in bakuman.

Although I'd like TWGOK to continue forever, there's also apart of me that doesn't want it to drag after it's peek.

Maybe Wakaki will produce something just as good as TWGOK after TWGOK is over.

Maybe by the time TWGOK is over he'll get enough money from royalties that he won't need to make a another series out of necessity for financial reasons and just do it for story and art, although not that he wasn't doing that already.

Everyone here will hopefully support Wakaki till the end... I'm personally still disappointed how School Rumble ended, hopefully TWGOK won't suffer the same fate.
Old 2011-03-31, 22:26   Link #3728
Shadow5YA

Makes sense. When I read the omake on Wakaki's thoughts on his manga getting an anime adaptation, he seemed very sheltered. However, I had no idea it was that bad.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 22:47   Link #3729
AlaAlba

I know Wakaki had a quite long spell of being a NEET but didnt know it was so tragic.
I hope kaminomi will gain success more, all hail the capturing god!

and lol, he must be one smart person, he graduated from Toudai!!

I hope after this goddess arc, it'll continue on the usual kaketama capturing arcs again, and get lots more chapters.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 22:52   Link #3730
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I read Albatross before. I thought it is interesting, but the storyline is in pieces and it doesn't reflect much on the author.

How a story flows often depends on how the author feels - a confused author makes for a crap story, an angry one makes for a violent one, and a frustrated one often makes for unbelievable tales. I know how it feels like to write or tell a story, it is only real when the audience can feel for what you are feeling.

And he is a Todai grad who made a difference for himself - most of his peers go out and work for MNCs as top level managers, leading a normal life while he carved a niche out for himself. Brilliant.

But why the heck did he draw Shiori being fascinated by Yui being on top of Keima? How can a quiet, innocent librarian girl suddenly become interested in BL?? That is unrealistic!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 23:02   Link #3731
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
I was aware a small bit about his past, but my god that is quite the story there...13 years as a Neet+hikikomori.
His editor is harsh too from the sound of it...
Old 2011-03-31, 23:20   Link #3732
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

That biography is film worthy. He should pitch it to an agency in Hollywood.~

Sure they might exaggerate it a bit but it could turn out to be a fantastic hit!

Holy crap Elsie, what happened to you!?
Old 2011-03-31, 23:52   Link #3733
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
That biography is film worthy. He should pitch it to an agency in Hollywood.~

Sure they might exaggerate it a bit but it could turn out to be a fantastic hit!
Seconded. Someone email Hollywood!

Also, it seems that throughout the entire manga, I somehow felt that Wakaki's two favourite characters are Kanon and Shiori.

Quote:
Holy crap Elsie, what happened to you!?
You mean the cover of his first shot? I know, Elsie's boobs are too big. I am glad Wakaki toned it down...*IS SHOT*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 00:05   Link #3734
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
I know Wakaki had a quite long spell of being a NEET but didnt know it was so tragic.
I hope kaminomi will gain success more, all hail the capturing god!

and lol, he must be one smart person, he graduated from Toudai!!

I hope after this goddess arc, it'll continue on the usual kaketama capturing arcs again, and get lots more chapters.
This just goes to show how much he loves drawing and writing stories. Actually the blog made a mistake, he's actually from Kyoto University not Toudai but it is just as impressive. He can literally get any job he wants if he tried but he kept at it (sorta) stuck with his passion.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 00:58   Link #3735
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I was browsing through some of the omake chapters when I noticed something very interesting for Yui's
Knowing how some clues have been shown in chapters like these before (Luna) I think this is a bit too good not to ignore
Spoiler for The truth:

A secret hint in disguise maybe?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 01:28   Link #3736
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Also, it seems that throughout the entire manga, I somehow felt that Wakaki's two favourite characters are Kanon and Shiori.
to me, I think it's Ayumi and Yokyun Ayumi always made a minor appearance here and there. and Tamiki himself said, the main heroine is Yokyun!

Quote:
This just goes to show how much he loves drawing and writing stories. Actually the blog made a mistake, he's actually from Kyoto University not Toudai but it is just as impressive. He can literally get any job he wants if he tried but he kept at it (sorta) stuck with his passion.
yeah Kyodai is just as impressive. If he applied a usual job now he would be a manager or even higher
Old 2011-04-01, 01:32   Link #3737
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It throughout the entire manga, I somehow felt that Wakaki's two favourite characters are Kanon and Shiori.
Well I don't know about Kanon, but I believe Wakaki stated in Shiori's profile omake that she is his editor's favorite of the girls.

According to his biography, he might not have always been too fond of the fellow, so he might be featuring Shiori a lot to stay on his good side.
Old 2011-04-01, 03:44   Link #3738
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
@ game8910, i hope not
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 11:04   Link #3739
AlaAlba

http://www.mangahideout.com/content....i-128-Spoilers
spoiler pic for 137b.
not 138...