AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-13, 17:35   Link #1
Levski
Banned

I want an anime where the guy isn't a wimp...

Basically i am wondering if there is anime where the main character becomes a badass. I am not exactly sure on the style of fighting however. I guess it can be pretty much anything.

I mean Ikkitousen had sweet fighting. The ecchi was soo much however and they concentrated more on it than on the fighting which i didn't like.

See that is the perfect type of anime type i guess. I was waiting for the guy to kick ass the whole show and he didn't do shit... wtf.

I want to see an anime where the main guy is not expected to do ANYTHING, but he suddenly awakens and starts laying waste to everybody. I mean not Naruto wise where he does something cool, then i a pussy for the next 50 episodes. I want to see an anime with sweet fighting where the main character suddenly finds inner power protecting a loved one or something and after he finds the power he just comes out whooping one ass after another.

TY in advance!!!

EDIT: A love story in there is liked as well. Maybe balance both out in the story, but the guy definately has to win fights and show everybody he kicks ass.
Old 2006-10-13, 18:47   Link #2
MamoruUsagi

There's a lot of series where the main character's boyfriend is strong and cool.

I mentioned this before, but a great example is Tamahome, the main character's boyfriend from Fushigi Yuugi. Tamahome, who later is called Taka, is very strong. Tamahome is the boyfriend of the main character and was born with a symbol on his forehead. When he meets his girlfriend, he fights really well to protect her. He learned that his destiny was for him to be her boyfriend and protect her. He is very strong in battle and a great fighter. He has a symbol on his forehead which lights up when he is in battle. He is a great boyfriend and character, he is strong both physically and emotionally, he has a sense of humor, and he is very protective of his girlfriend. The manga of Fushigi Yuugi is a lot longer than the anime, 18 volumes. The anime only goes up to volume 13, but there are OVAs which continue the series differently from the manga. When he becomes Taka, later on in the series, he must regain his power. He is the boyfriend and later husband of the main character and while he is very loving and romantic, he is also strong, manly and cool.

http://www.amazon.com/Fushigi-Y%fbgi...e=UTF8&s=books

Well, if you read the Ayashi no Ceres manga, Tooya is very strong. However, the anime is very short and doesn't cover a lot of the manga, so if you want to see him in action, don't watch the anime. Tooya is the main character's boyfriend/lover and in the manga his strength is shown. He has a weapon that extends from his hand and he discovers it and uses it in battle. He becomes very strong and is involved in a lot of battles. He is distant, mysterious and cool. The manga has a lot of sex and violence, to warn you. The anime, however, cuts out a lot of Tooya's strength and a lot of the scenes of the plot as well. A particular scene in volume 7, where Tooya and his girlfriend are in a hotel room making out and the company sneaks up on Tooya and tries to kill him, Tooya runs out and chases them all, attacking everyone who is sent to kill him brutally, shocking his girlfriend. This scene, as well as many romance and fight scenes, were not animated and omitted from the anime, he is only tough in the manga.

For a cool character, Yasauki, the main character's boyfriend in the manga series Happy Hustle High.

Sakuya from Kaikan Phrase is also tough.

Yoh from High School Debut.

The manga Mars

The manga Kare First Love

The manga The Devil Does Exist

The manga Wild Act.

The manga High School Debut.

Now, everyone may not agree with me and a lot of others don't agree, but I feel that Mamoru Chiba from BSSM is really a strong character. The anime, 200 episodes, the manga 18 volumes, the live action series. I've seen all versions in their entirety and they are all wonderful. Every version is great. Mamoru is the main character's boyfriend, husband, and destined lover. In the past he was the strong Prince Endymion who protected his lover, Princess Serenity with his sword. He was the Prince of Earth. He dies protecting his girlfriend. He gets reincarnated thousands of years later into the present. When he is 6 years old, his family dies in a car crash and he looses all of his memories. When he gets older, he has a recurring dream about a princess telling him to find a silver crystal and if he does he will recover his memories. In the anime, he falls under strong attacks where he has an alternate personality take over and he fights in battle and protects and rescues his true love, but when he wakes up, he doesn't remember any of it. In the manga and live action version, he does it knowingly and remembers everything, but in the beginning of the anime, he doesn't know about his secret and that he has these powers until he has dreams of it and wonders if those dreams are real. He eventually discovers his identity and is able to transform whenever he wants to. He then finds out the identity of the person he rescues and he protects her. He gives his life to protect her and steps in front of her to take an attack. He is injured, but recovers all memories of his past. Shortly after, he is kidnapped by the enemy he is fighting and brainwashed to serve them. He is put under a brainwashing spell which erases all memories of his past and fills him with dark energy to battle the one he loves. He battles his true love and fights her and nearly kills her. He gets healed and later is reborn. He looses his memories again, but a part of him continues to battle. Eventually, he regains his memories after protecting his girlfriend by using his body as a shield and is able to be the boyfriend of the main character. They are boyfriend and girlfriend for a long time during the series. They are a steady couple and dating for a long time in the series. He is both her boyfriend and her protector. At one point, he has a recurring dream that if he doesn't break up with his girlfriend, she will die, so he makes a big decision, but it all ends up turning out well. He travels to the future and meets his future self, King Endymion, and he and his girlfriend find out that they will be married with a child. In his future as King, he protects both the entire planet and his wife and child. He rescues his girlfriend when she is kidnapped and he protects the world with her. They go back in the past and for a large part of the series are dating, boyfriend and girlfriend and a steady couple. He rescues his girlfriend whenever she needs him. When his girlfriend looses all powers, he protects her and his love and power helps his girlfriend gain new powers. He is very mysterious and reserved and a loving boyfriend. He does a lot of gestures for his girlfriend and he risks his life for her daily. They walk arm in arm, hold hands, hug, kiss a lot and go on many dates. They are a serious and committed couple and deeply in love. He does a lot of gestures for his girlfriend. When it is his girlfriend's birthday, they get into a fight because of a misunderstanding. They make up and he buys her the glass slippers she wanted. However, his girlfriend ends up getting attacked. He protects her and rescues her and he transforms. He faces a battle and is frozen during a battle, while he protects his girlfriend. Eventually, he is freed and is able to battle again. He also protects his future daughter that him and his girlfriend will have. When his future daughter has her heart taken out and is dying, he offers her his life support and energy. Later on, when his girlfriend gets hurt protecting him, he takes a knife and stabs the one attacking his girlfriend. He does a lot of great gestures, he takes his girlfriend to the dentist, he buys his girlfriend clothes. He also has a healing power called pshychometry, where he can heal people with his touch and restore them when they are hurt. When someone tries to seduce him, he stays loyal to his girlfriend. Later on, when the earth is being attacked, he starts feeling pains. He is connected to the earth and when he is attacked, the earth is attacked, he tries to battle, but rests in bed because of the intensity of the pains that are entering him. He is shaking because he is in pain and his girlfriend comforts him. In the manga, he has a golden crystal inside of him, a crystal which will save the world, and his girlfriend helps get the crystal out of him. The golden crystal inside of him is very powerful and strong. In the manga, his kisses with his girlfriend helps give his girlfriend strength many times. In the live action version, he is able to transform into his Endymion form and uses a sword in battle to protect his girlfriend. In the live action version, he is able to transform and merge with his past life's form. He later takes in energy, the energy from the enemy in order to save the planet and the energy later takes over him and he must battle his girlfriend. Later on, he is accepted to Harvard and gives his girlfriend something special at the airport. He does something very special for her, I won't spoil it, but he shows that he will be committed to her for life, as, at this time, he has been dating her for years. In the anime, the plane is hijacked and he tries to battle the villian who hijacked the plane to protect his passengers and to make it back to see his girlfriend. He dedicates his battle to his girlfriend, knowing what his fate will be. In the manga, he gets more powers and is able to use "La Smoking Bomber" as an attack, which is strong, while in the anime he uses roses as an attack, in the manga, he receives special powers and in the live action version, he uses a sword. I can go into more detail, but I won't give spoilers. It may look as though I gave spoilers, but if you see the series, you will know that these are not spoilers, the plot goes a lot deeper. He is in a steady relationship with his girlfriend and they are boyfriend and girlfriend for a large part of the series. He is a devoted boyfriend, husband and father. He protects his girlfriend and future wife as well as his future daughter during battles. His girlfriend calls him Mamo-chan when they are dating. He is very cool. Mamoru is very strong, yet a lot of people disagree with me, but in my opinion he is a very strong and powerful character in all three versions of the story.

My boyfriend is a bad boy and a rebel and exciting and rebellious.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-07-09 at 12:29.
Old 2006-10-13, 18:48   Link #3
mit7059

It's not fighting but it's along the same lines, you could try Initial D, where the main character is always underestimated, Full Metal Panic might apply as would Rurouni Kenshin, maybe even Hikaru no Go, but he goes through a emo-bitch phase.
Old 2006-10-13, 19:20   Link #4
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamoruUsagi View Post
Now, everyone may not agree with me and a lot of others don't agree, but I feel that Mamoru Chiba from BSSM is really a strong character. The anime, 200 episodes, the manga 18 volumes, the live action series. I've seen all versions in their entirety and they are all wonderful. Every version is great. Mamoru is the main character's boyfriend, husband, and destined lover. In the past he was the strong Prince Endymion who protected his lover, Princess Serenity with his sword. He was the Prince of Earth. He dies protecting his girlfriend. He gets reincarnated thousands of years later into the present. When he is 6 years old, his family dies in a car crash and he looses all of his memories. When he gets older, he has a recurring dream about a princess telling him to find a silver crystal and if he does he will recover his memories. In the anime, he falls under strong attacks where he has an alternate personality take over and he fights in battle and protects and rescues his true love, but when he wakes up, he doesn't remember any of it. In the manga and live action version, he does it knowingly and remembers everything, but in the beginning of the anime, he doesn't know about his secret and that he has these powers until he has dreams of it and wonders if those dreams are real. He eventually discovers his identity and is able to transform whenever he wants to. He then finds out the identity of the person he rescues and he protects her. He gives his life to protect her and steps in front of her to take an attack. He is injured, but recovers all memories of his past. Shortly after, he is kidnapped by the enemy he is fighting and brainwashed to serve them. He is put under a brainwashing spell which erases all memories of his past and fills him with dark energy to battle the one he loves. He battles his true love and fights her and nearly kills her. He gets healed and later is reborn. He looses his memories again, but a part of him continues to battle. Eventually, he regains his memories after protecting his girlfriend by using his body as a shield and is able to be the boyfriend of the main character. They are boyfriend and girlfriend for a long time during the series. They are a steady couple and dating for a long time in the series. He is both her boyfriend and her protector. At one point, he has a recurring dream that if he doesn't break up with his girlfriend, she will die, so he makes a big decision, but it all ends up turning out well. He travels to the future and meets his future self, King Endymion, and he and his girlfriend find out that they will be married with a child. In his future as King, he protects both the entire planet and his wife and child. He rescues his girlfriend when she is kidnapped and he protects the world with her. They go back in the past and for a large part of the series are dating, boyfriend and girlfriend and a steady couple. He rescues his girlfriend whenever she needs him. When his girlfriend looses all powers, he protects her and his love and power helps his girlfriend gain new powers. He is very mysterious and reserved and a loving boyfriend. He does a lot of gestures for his girlfriend and he risks his life for her daily. They walk arm in arm, hold hands, hug, kiss a lot and go on many dates. They are a serious and committed couple and deeply in love. He does a lot of gestures for his girlfriend. When it is his girlfriend's birthday, they get into a fight because of a misunderstanding. They make up and he buys her the glass slippers she wanted. However, his girlfriend ends up getting attacked. He protects her and rescues her and he transforms. He faces a battle and is frozen during a battle, while he protects his girlfriend. Eventually, he is freed and is able to battle again. He also protects his future daughter that him and his girlfriend will have. When his future daughter has her heart taken out and is dying, he offers her his life support and energy. Later on, when his girlfriend gets hurt protecting him, he takes a knife and stabs the one attacking his girlfriend. He does a lot of great gestures, he takes his girlfriend to the dentist, he buys his girlfriend clothes. He also has a healing power called pshychometry, where he can heal people with his touch and restore them when they are hurt. When someone tries to seduce him, he stays loyal to his girlfriend. Later on, when the earth is being attacked, he starts feeling pains. He is connected to the earth and when he is attacked, the earth is attacked, he tries to battle, but rests in bed because of the intensity of the pains that are entering him. He is shaking because he is in pain and his girlfriend comforts him. In the manga, he has a golden crystal inside of him, a crystal which will save the world, and his girlfriend helps get the crystal out of him. The golden crystal inside of him is very powerful and strong. In the manga, his kisses with his girlfriend helps give his girlfriend strength many times. In the live action version, he is able to transform into his Endymion form and uses a sword in battle to protect his girlfriend. In the live action version, he is able to transform and merge with his past life's form. He later takes in energy, the energy from the enemy in order to save the planet and the energy later takes over him and he must battle his girlfriend. Later on, he is accepted to Harvard and gives his girlfriend something special at the airport. He does something very special for her, I won't spoil it, but he shows that he will be committed to her for life, as, at this time, he has been dating her for years. In the anime, the plane is hijacked and he tries to battle the villian who hijacked the plane to protect his passengers and to make it back to see his girlfriend. He dedicates his battle to his girlfriend, knowing what his fate will be. In the manga, he gets more powers and is able to use "La Smoking Bomber" as an attack, which is strong, while in the anime he uses roses as an attack, in the manga, he receives special powers and in the live action version, he uses a sword. I can go into more detail, but I won't give spoilers. It may look as though I gave spoilers, but if you see the series, you will know that these are not spoilers, the plot goes a lot deeper. He is in a steady relationship with his girlfriend and they are boyfriend and girlfriend for a large part of the series. He is a devoted boyfriend, husband and father. He protects his girlfriend and future wife as well as his future daughter during battles. His girlfriend calls him Mamo-chan when they are dated. He is very cool. Mamoru is very strong, yet a lot of people disagree with me, but in my opinion he is a very strong and powerful character in all three versions of the story.
I am speachless. That is an amazing block of text.

As to the OP's request, I haven't come across an anime quite like that, though there are quite a few that come close in varying degrees. Anime like Trigun and the already mentioned Rurouni Kenshin. Though, in those cases the main characters are already skilled, just unassuming and underestimated.
Old 2006-10-13, 19:24   Link #5
MamoruUsagi

Did you read it? It doesn't give major spoilers, just summarizes the parts to prove that he is a strong character inside and out. It may be repetetive because it was edited a lot. Still, I wanted to show that he is a strong character, because many fans doubt it, and if it takes a block of text to protve he is strong, then after reading it, the fans will realize that he is more than just the boyfriend and husband of the main character, he is more than just eye candy, he is a strong and important character.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-10-13 at 19:39.
Old 2006-10-13, 19:51   Link #6
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
I am speachless. That is an amazing block of text.

As to the OP's request, I haven't come across an anime quite like that, though there are quite a few that come close in varying degrees. Anime like Trigun and the already mentioned Rurouni Kenshin. Though, in those cases the main characters are already skilled, just unassuming and underestimated.
I guess... I mean i am looking for a male character exactly like the one in Ikkitousen, Girls Bravo, Love Hina, etc. In all of those the main character is kinda wimp and doesn't seem strong AT ALL and is just a pussy to put it simply.

Zero no Tsukaima where the main character becomes kick-ass but almost NO scenes where he shows it. There are basically 2. Really there is no romantic story that developed. I mean the show had potential and i think a second season might be comming.

Suzuka the main character was kinda wimpy. He tried hard, but i mean really nothing showed him being bad-ass. He lost in the end and never qualified.

So no anime where the male character makes a COMPLETE 180 turn. I mean from totaly panzy to totaly asskick?
Old 2006-10-13, 19:55   Link #7
MamoruUsagi

In shoujo manga, the main character's boyfriends are strong, masculine, mysterious, reserved, intelligent, handsome, yet in shounen manga, the main guys are totally the opposite. So, to find strong guys you need to read shoujo manga. Ironic, huh?

Mamoru, Mamo-chan, Darien, Endymion, Tamahome, Taka, Yasuaki, Tooya, Rei, Kiriya, Moriyama, Yuu, Akito, Souchiro, Kouki, Night, Sakuya, Touji

All the boyfriends/husbands in shoujo manga are strong

Shoujo manga has strong boyfriends.

Usually, when the boyfriend is strong, in shoujo series, the main couple become boyfriend and girlfriend early on in the series and date for a long time during the series.

Yasuaki from the manga Happy Hustle High is laid back, quiet, reserved, calm, cool, strong. He stays that way during the series and he gets together with his girlfriend early on and while he becomes more romantic and lightens up, he is still cool, laid back and relaxed. After they have sex, he changes, but still maintains his strong personality. It's amusing how before he and his girlfriend get together, when they fall asleep togther, someone takes off all their clothes, and she freaks out and he calmly responds, "If you get pregnant, I'll marry you". It's cool how calm, cool, relaxed and laid back he is. When they're dating, he loves her, but he's cool, he's her boyfriend, but he's not overly mushy, he's able to be subtle and cool. Yasuaki is a boyfriend from a series you would really enjoy. The series is five volumes long, short, but the couple becomes boyfriend and girlfriend early on, so it moves fast and he remains calm, cool and mysterious and reserved when they are dating.

a picture of strong Endymion/Mamoru, Serenity's boyfriend.

Picture of Tamahome/Taka and his bride

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-10-13 at 20:26.
Old 2006-10-13, 20:18   Link #8
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Not a fighting anime... but you could see School Rumble, because we all know Harima is pure 100% BADASS
Old 2006-10-13, 20:34   Link #9
MamoruUsagi

BTW, I agree, I prefer strong male characters to weak ones. That's why I prefer shojo series, because the couples get together early on, so you see them dating and boyfriend and girlfriend during the series and get married and the male characters are strong, reserved and cool. I like male characters that are mysterious, reserved, cool, strong, serious, smart. I also prefer series where the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series and become boyfriend and girlfriend earlier on or in the middle. I like happy middles more than happy endings. Mamoru, Tamahome, Touji, Yasuaki, all strong male characters.

You'd like Squall Leonhart.

Also, in the other thread, some people said you should not watch KGNE, but Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is a series you'd probably enjoy after the second episode. It's addictive and isn't as tragic as most people say. Though, the cast isn't as likable as every other series, the plot is good.

Anyway, for strong male characters, read shoujo romance manga, where the couple is dating and boyfriend and girlfriend early on in the series, in the beginning and middle instead of just the end.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-10-13 at 22:25.
Old 2006-10-13, 20:48   Link #10
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Berserk, advent children, Hellsing,

DEEBEEZEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trigun, cowboy bebop...
Old 2006-10-13, 21:00   Link #11
MamoruUsagi

To explain the different types

Manga Series with the 'bad boy' characters

Akuma de Sourou

Sensual Phrase

Mars

Kare First Love

Kodomo no Omocha

Manga Series with the great boyfriend, strong, reserved, mysterious, cool

Fushigi Yuugi

Fushigi Yugi

Sailor Moon

Ayashi no Ceres

Marmalade Boy

Happy Hustle High

Peach Girl

Absolute Boyfriend

Pichi Pichi Pitch Mermaid Melody

Bokura ga Ita

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou

Kare Kano and Kare First Love are two entirely different series.

Sorry to get off topic, just explained the two types of strong.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-10-13 at 21:21.
Old 2006-10-13, 21:43   Link #12
Levski
Banned

Quote:
In shoujo manga, the main character's boyfriends are strong, masculine, mysterious, reserved, intelligent, handsome, yet in shounen manga, the main guys are totally the opposite. So, to find strong guys you need to read shoujo manga. Ironic, huh?

Mamoru, Mamo-chan, Darien, Endymion, Tamahome, Taka, Yasuaki, Tooya, Rei, Kiriya, Moriyama, Yuu, Akito, Souchiro, Kouki, Night, Sakuya, Touji

All the boyfriends/husbands in shoujo manga are strong

Shoujo manga has strong boyfriends.

Usually, when the boyfriend is strong, in shoujo series, the main couple become boyfriend and girlfriend early on in the series and date for a long time during the series.

Yasuaki from the manga Happy Hustle High is laid back, quiet, reserved, calm, cool, strong. He stays that way during the series and he gets together with his girlfriend early on and while he becomes more romantic and lightens up, he is still cool, laid back and relaxed. After they have sex, he changes, but still maintains his strong personality. It's amusing how before he and his girlfriend get together, when they fall asleep togther, someone takes off all their clothes, and she freaks out and he calmly responds, "If you get pregnant, I'll marry you". It's cool how calm, cool, relaxed and laid back he is. When they're dating, he loves her, but he's cool, he's her boyfriend, but he's not overly mushy, he's able to be subtle and cool. Yasuaki is a boyfriend from a series you would really enjoy. The series is five volumes long, short, but the couple becomes boyfriend and girlfriend early on, so it moves fast and he remains calm, cool and mysterious and reserved when they are dating.

a picture of strong Endymion/Mamoru, Serenity's boyfriend.

Picture of Tamahome/Taka and his bride

TY for the explanation.

I mean i have seen so much anime where the main character is just kick ass and just beats every1 one (Bleach, Naruto, etc).

I don't think i have seen one where the guy is a total panzy and then transfers to a total bad ass. I mean like in Zero no Takanami the guy was just lost and then he becomes kickass but he wasn't really a panzy or anything of those lines...

Well then an anime where a guy finds a new power and from a normal person becomes kick ass?
Old 2006-10-13, 21:52   Link #13
Levski
Banned

Quote:
BTW, I agree, I prefer strong male characters to weak ones. That's why I prefer shojo series, because the couples get together early on, so you see them dating and boyfriend and girlfriend during the series and get married and the male characters are strong, reserved and cool and not at all like Keitaro. Not that Keitaro isn't a good character, he is good, I just prefer male characters that are mysterious, reserved, cool, strong, serious, smart. I also prefer series where the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series and become boyfriend and girlfriend earlier on or in the middle. I like happy middles more than happy endings. Mamoru, Tamahome, Touji, Yasuaki, all strong male characters.

You'd like Squall Leonhart.

Also, in the other thread, some people said you should not watch KGNE, but Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is a series you'd probably enjoy after the second episode. It's addictive and isn't as tragic as most people say. Though, the cast isn't as likable as every other series, the plot is good.

Anyway, for strong male characters, read shoujo romance manga, where the couple is dating and boyfriend and girlfriend early on in the series, in the beginning and middle instead of just the end.
Again ty for the ersponse. Honestly however i am not looking for a dating anime exactly. I am looking for more of a series where the guy realizes he has powers and becomes a very strong fighter and impresses peers (schoolmates most probably, but works with anything pretty much).

Now as it seems in almost all cases he doesn't become badass, in example Hellsing (Alucard) or Bleach (Kenpachi), but more like Ichigo (Bleach) or Keitaro (Zero no Tsukaima) which are nice, caring, attentive. I mean i like both sides but i wish i see a bit more of a bad-boy side to being a fair person.

I got it. Like Sawamure from Midori no Hibi. That kind of character. He was kind, but in battle and in a lot of situations pretty badass. Impressed his whol school by beating the shit of some punks who challenged him infront of anybody.
Old 2006-10-13, 22:03   Link #14
erien

not too sure if this is what you're looking for but...
- Blood+ - main character isnt a guy, but she starts off as an ordinary girl but gets pretty strong later on.
- Erementar Gerad - in the beginning the main character is all talk, but then after he meets Ren he eventually gets pretty powerful.
Old 2006-10-13, 22:13   Link #15
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Shingetsutan Tsukihime is a perfect recommendation. ^^

Tohno Shinki is t3h badass, and the romance is beautifully ... tragic.
Old 2006-10-13, 22:17   Link #16
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Shingetsutan Tsukihime is a perfect recommendation. ^^

Tohno Shinki is t3h badass, and the romance is beautifully ... tragic.
Damn i watched too much drama and sadness lately
Old 2006-10-14, 03:56   Link #17
maohayato
Evil God

For pure badass main male go watch Hokuto no Ken.

Kenshiro is "DA MAN"
Old 2006-10-14, 09:07   Link #18
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maohayato View Post
For pure badass main male go watch Hokuto no Ken.

Kenshiro is "DA MAN"
That looks pretty cool.

Now i think one of the best looking and coolest fighting in an anime that had A LOT of potential was in Ikkitousen. I mean the drawing was very beautiful. The problem with that anime was there really wasn't a story, a lot of pointless fighting, toooooooo concentrated on the ecchi ( i mean for god sakes every fight there were panties, tities, bras, etc flying everywhere), and too short.

The way the characters were drawn and the way they fought was awsome. I mean it was a bit of DBZ (when they "powered up" and everything, but nothing too super-powery), but in the end it was straight martial arts. I reallllly liked the way they fought. So is there an anime that has fighting that looks similar to Ikkitousen without concentrating on ecchi every single scene?

EDIT: AND there was one of the coolest male characters i have seen in an anime so far. I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting for Kouken to come out protecting and just to beat the living shit of the guy who was attacking her. He was not a panzy nor was he arrogant. He was a guy with a strong opinion and very mindful. He didn't do SHIT the whole series. He was weak the whole time. If possible let the anime you suggest not have awsome characters that don't do shit.

Last edited by Levski; 2006-10-14 at 09:35.
Old 2006-10-14, 12:20   Link #19
miaka

Flame of Recca - may be you have seen it because its old.
Spoiler:

Tokyo Underground - action fight with romance. story pattern is kinda like Flame of Recca too.
** However, both are licensed.
Busou Renkin - currently ongoing a shounen action title with alchemy theme. it looks promising...
Old 2006-10-14, 15:01   Link #20
nolimit

I think this is what you've been looking for

Shingetsutan Tsukihime TV:

He didn't know he had special talent. Then whoop ass all demons!
Closed Thread