AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-27, 14:26   Link #15821
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
From what I can remember May Day Project met its end because of the resources and funds needed were way too expensive,
Actually it was more of a thing of "results weren't uniform & satisfactory", and if we believe what was said in NT, the project itself "rebelled" against it's creators, crushing the whole premise (as in, Kuroyoru getting rid of the staff).

BTW, "clones" and "cyborgs" are officially No Good for the same reason (inconsistent results that aren't worth the bother). The few clones and cyborgs that we have run into are the exception due to an specific circumstance and not the rule to a multi-purpose situation. When it comes down to it AC relies on "Hard Science" as in high end powersuits and machinery when it comes down to it; everything else is not considered within their "official military forces" by themselves (though, they actually don't consider themselves the owners of military force in the first place, but oh well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
So much cliche ship teasing material there, something tells me Kamachi won't miss that chance.
Actually, one of my grips with the series is that Kamachi lets go of my chances like these. For example in the underground date when Mikoto was bantering that Touma "gets on with the whispers of the little sisters" he could have him said that it's with older sisters instead, but nothing like that happened.
Old 2011-12-27, 15:32   Link #15822
Twi

Quote:

The author would avoid them rather than use them too much, just read NT03, there is far less ship teasing material than fans thought it would be when the cover appeared on the net.
To be honest the scale of the volume was far greater than I expected. I'll admit I expected more shipteasing but it was obviously pushed back to fit in content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Actually it was more of a thing of "results weren't uniform & satisfactory", and if we believe what was said in NT, the project itself "rebelled" against it's creators, crushing the whole premise (as in, Kuroyoru getting rid of the staff).

BTW, "clones" and "cyborgs" are officially No Good for the same reason (inconsistent results that aren't worth the bother). The few clones and cyborgs that we have run into are the exception due to an specific circumstance and not the rule to a multi-purpose situation. When it comes down to it AC relies on "Hard Science" as in high end powersuits and machinery when it comes down to it; everything else is not considered within their "official military forces" by themselves (though, they actually don't consider themselves the owners of military force in the first place, but oh well).
Technically, cloning is still illegal in the To Aru universe, so no clones would be placed on the frontlines anyway. Aleister might break laws and treat humans as expendable, but AC can't defend against more than one country attacking it.
Old 2011-12-27, 16:15   Link #15823
leukrota

Quote:
The authoe would avoid them rathern that use them too much, just read NT03, there is far less ship teasing material than fans thought it would be when the cover appeared on the net.
Quote:
Actually, one of my grips with the series is that Kamachi lets go of my chances like these. For example in the underground date when Mikoto was bantering that Touma "gets on with the whispers of the little sisters" he could have him said that it's with older sisters instead, but nothing like that happened.
Tst... I'm afraid you're right, what was I thinking?

Maybe he's leaving that stuff for the Railgun manga, if it ever catches up, which seems quite unlikely at the moment. We can get an idea of how it would be when it reaches the 'punishment game' date.

Another possibility could be that Kamachi is afraid of what the Kamikoto fan's reaction would be to their ship sinking if he teases them too much before the resolution event.
Old 2011-12-27, 16:24   Link #15824
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
but AC can't defend against more than one country attacking it.
Academy city can defend against the world attacking it if Aleister goes insane and just abandon his plans. He needs the cooperation of the world for his plans so his just sitting back in his upside down tube because if he started moving. He might ended up utterly destroying his plan. The power balance was already tilted against his favor and he doesn't want to change it further.

But too bad Bardway is in his tail
Old 2011-12-27, 16:25   Link #15825
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota
Maybe he's leaving that stuff for the Railgun manga, if it ever catches up, which seems quite unlikely at the moment. We can get an idea of how it would be when it reaches the 'punishment game' date.
Seeing as Railgun skips arcs, it won't take THAT long to reach NT3 if Kamachi wishes it. Punishment Game will likely be skipped as well (Remnant Arc was skipped and that one was important for Mikoto and Kuroko).
Old 2011-12-27, 16:52   Link #15826
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Just strategic points to have them acting as antennaes.
But that would still imply them to have a huge Personal Reality... Do we even know if a Level 5 can make them that big ?

Quote:
The authoe would avoid them rathern that use them too much, just read NT03, there is far less ship teasing material than fans thought it would be when the cover appeared on the net.
Lol Romcom? What's that? Have more plot!

Quote:
Why do people keep remember the older sister fetish, but nobody remembers the bunny girl fetish as well?

...Btw, they're both fetishes and not actually preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
To be honest the scale of the volume was far greater than I expected. I'll admit I expected more shipteasing but it was obviously pushed back to fit in content.
When did we ever get alot of shipteasing ?
Old 2011-12-27, 20:01   Link #15827
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Why do people keep remember the older sister fetish, but nobody remembers the bunny girl fetish as well?
Because one is part of a character personality and the second is just about clothing =___=.

Btw, now that Birdway has used The Hanged Man from Major Arcana and Mark used The numbers of the swords and then joined their energy to summon Uriel's power, what kind of card could use Birdway for the next time?
Old 2011-12-27, 20:04   Link #15828
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
This proves it.....

St Nick is a Gemstone....
Ahem, Saint Nick
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-12-27, 21:36   Link #15829
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Ahem, Saint Nick
Then he's both....even more stunning....
Old 2011-12-27, 22:00   Link #15830
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Even more broken than Acqua.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-12-27, 22:11   Link #15831
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
This proves it.....

St Nick is a Gemstone....
What? Do we have him as a character too?

Quote:
The author would avoid them rather that use them too much, just read NT03, there is far less ship teasing material than fans thought it would be when the cover appeared on the net.
Which is sad. I mean I'd like it a bit more if it has a bit more ship to it. Touma has already been paired to tons of girls(is he trying to break James Bond's record?) and he's still clueless....
Old 2011-12-27, 22:16   Link #15832
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Which is sad. I mean I'd like it a bit more if it has a bit more ship to it. Touma has already been paired to tons of girls(is he trying to break James Bond's record?) and he's still clueless....
Actually, if we don't count the numerous 'faceless' Imoutos, the only ones with confirmed romantic intentions are only Mikoto, Itsuwa and 10032.
Old 2011-12-27, 22:22   Link #15833
djmaca
My Girl ↓

What about Lessar?
Old 2011-12-27, 22:29   Link #15834
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
What about Lessar?
For Queen and Country.
Old 2011-12-27, 22:41   Link #15835
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
and he's still clueless....
I don't know, I think half of it is deliberate acting, or not seriously considering it when taking into
Old 2011-12-27, 22:46   Link #15836
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I don't know, I think half of it is deliberate acting, or not seriously considering it when taking into
But mostly it's because there's always some country at stake

Seriously though, I know they would play the clueless card, but thank God it's not so obvious in the face of global crisis.
Old 2011-12-27, 22:46   Link #15837
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Alright guys, I was just glancing over the PDFs that are available on Baka-Tsuki and I've gotta say... some of the earlier-translated novels lack the editing and cleanup that have been done on BT lately. I don't suppose there's a way to get into contact with the person who is in charge of the PDFs so we can notify him of the changes?
Old 2011-12-27, 22:51   Link #15838
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Alright guys, I was just glancing over the PDFs that are available on Baka-Tsuki and I've gotta say... some of the earlier-translated novels lack the editing and cleanup that have been done on BT lately. I don't suppose there's a way to get into contact with the person who is in charge of the PDFs so we can notify him of the changes?

Usually if there's anything Baka-Tsuki related, I usually run crying to Teh_Ping, though for some reasons it takes awhile for him to response... I can't imagine why...

...But pretty much any one of the Inner Circle members would suffice.
Old 2011-12-27, 22:53   Link #15839
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Usually if there's anything Baka-Tsuki related, I usually run crying to Teh_Ping, though for some reasons it takes awhile for him to response... I can't imagine why...

...But pretty much any one of the Inner Circle members suffice.
I'll run it by Teh_Ping, then. He's the one I'm used to dealing with.
Old 2011-12-27, 23:46   Link #15840
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
I'll like to see a fight between him and DMM-Acqua.

Quote:
Because I'm in army like how you used to be? The longest time I think I didn't respond to you was like 5 days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I'll run it by Teh_Ping, then. He's the one I'm used to dealing with.
Well, in regards to that, I'll let CarJ know. Volumes 1-6 should be locked soon.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen