AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-17, 01:41   Link #1181
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Actually when Kuro first came out it was a bit of a scare because it wasn't exactly mindblowing. It was good that it picked up the quality in the next novel.
It wasn't mindblowing to you I like Hanekawa and I found Kuro one of the best book in the series Books like Kabuki for example feel like they have too much filler chat to draw things out, and books like Hana throw a character around and fail to make it relevant by the end of the book (although in the long scheme of things it may have a purpose).

Being based only on Araragi and Hanekawa, with some Oshino (plus a little Shinobu), Kuro instead is focused and very intense, and there is a bigger sense of mystery than in later books. It just has a long introduction (although it was very funny), but the rest is all meat.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 02:01   Link #1182
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
It wasn't mindblowing to you I like Hanekawa and I found Kuro one of the best book in the series Books like Kabuki for example feel like they have too much filler chat to draw things out, and books like Hana throw a character around and fail to make it relevant by the end of the book (although in the long scheme of things it may have a purpose).

Being based only on Araragi and Hanekawa, with some Oshino (plus a little Shinobu), Kuro instead is focused and very intense, and there is a bigger sense of mystery than in later books. It just has a long introduction (although it was very funny), but the rest is all meat.
I think the problem was the fact that we all knew the outcome. The conclusion of the novel have been talked about multiple times in the series and the only way it could have been good was the way it was presented. I admit the way Araragi defeated her was really clever but I just couldn't deal with the fact that I felt like i read the novel already before it even came out.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 09:11   Link #1183
Prime

Quote:
I think the problem was the fact that we all knew the outcome. The conclusion of the novel have been talked about multiple times in the series and the only way it could have been good was the way it was presented. I admit the way Araragi defeated her was really clever but I just couldn't deal with the fact that I felt like i read the novel already before it even came out.
And what happened then in Kuro?

-----

Yeah, what you said is true, but being even more fair, you can see from a long distance that he (Nisio) doesn't know what end is more appropiate for this series. If he does, then this last novel just may have been another story about how much Nadeko does love Araragi, and the relationship between him, Shinobu, Hitagi and Hanekawa would be the priority.

That means that at this point, Nisio can't choose between two kinds of love (Hitagi or Tsubasa), or the bad end (Shinobu, whatever it can be).
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 09:56   Link #1184
ubiquitial
戯言遣い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
And what happened then in Kuro?

-----

Yeah, what you said is true, but being even more fair, you can see from a long distance that he (Nisio) doesn't know what end is more appropiate for this series. If he does, then this last novel just may have been another story about how much Nadeko does love Araragi, and the relationship between him, Shinobu, Hitagi and Hanekawa would be the priority.

That means that at this point, Nisio can't choose between two kinds of love (Hitagi or Tsubasa), or the bad end (Shinobu, whatever it can be).
Kitty has nary a chance in hell. Crab however is delicious. Araragi can obtain MIRROR SHIELD as a random drop in a lvl.59 dungeon.
ubiquitial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 18:11   Link #1185
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
or the bad end (Shinobu, whatever it can be).
why shinobu bad end? to me it will be the best true ending
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 07:17   Link #1186
Crimson7

So I spent the whole day reading this thread. (I regret nothing!)

One thing I'm still bothered with what I read on this site, particularly the end: http://canonrap.wordpress.com/2010/1...basa-family-4/

Can someone enlighten me?
Crimson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 08:24   Link #1187
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson7 View Post
So I spent the whole day reading this thread. (I regret nothing!)

One thing I'm still bothered with what I read on this site, particularly the end: http://canonrap.wordpress.com/2010/1...basa-family-4/

Can someone enlighten me?
What exactly is bothering you? Just saying "the end" doesn't really help.
Old 2011-07-22, 05:44   Link #1188
Crimson7

Oh sorry.

I want to know what happens before, during and after that part. Since it's only an excerpt, I want to know how the situation came to be. What's with the "just die" x 9000 part?
Old 2011-07-22, 12:50   Link #1189
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson7 View Post
I want to know what happens before, during and after that part. Since it's only an excerpt, I want to know how the situation came to be. What's with the "just die" x 9000 part?
Spoiler for spoiler about the end of Nekomonogatari Kuro:
Old 2011-07-23, 09:13   Link #1190
Crimson7

Thanks for that. I'm liking the novels more and more! I just wish I could read them on my own.
Old 2011-07-23, 10:57   Link #1191
Prime

Well, when I said that the Shinobu End would be the Bado Endo, I meant that Nisio is constantly trying to say that "the more time they both pass together, the more time they will suffer", and that's something almost explicit in the end of Kizumonogatari.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 16:21   Link #1192
maddest

Hello , is there some site where i can read Bakemonogatari Novels translated to English? I checked Baka Tsuki already - but there's almost nothing translated and translated one's were already in anime. I'm searching for Volume's that happens right after anime , is there a site/blog or something where i can find it? Also it is not licensed so there's no way u can buy it English-translated already so how do you guys know all about these stuff that happened after anime , u are Japanese language master's or just reading some short summary of Volume that u can sometimes find on Google?
maddest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 16:37   Link #1193
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddest View Post
Hello , is there some site where i can read Bakemonogatari Novels translated to English? I checked Baka Tsuki already - but there's almost nothing translated and translated one's were already in anime. I'm searching for Volume's that happens right after anime , is there a site/blog or something where i can find it? Also it is not licensed so there's no way u can buy it English-translated already so how do you guys know all about these stuff that happened after anime , u are Japanese language master's or just reading some short summary of Volume that u can sometimes find on Google?
The only fully translated novel in the series in English is Kizu and that one hasn't been animated yet. For the other novels they haven't been translated yet and I'm pretty sure there is no secret site where they are and just hasn't been discovered yet. (Internet dwellers are good at discovering stuff.) Personally for me I read them in Chinese where they have been translated. I usually give a summary in point form of all the juicy stuff in the latest novel after I've finished reading it. Truth be told I think this forum is the best place to find spoilers since most other places including wikipedia is just taking whatever is said here and placing it there.
Old 2011-07-24, 17:07   Link #1194
maddest

Ok , thank you. Tomorrow i'm gonna take my time and read all the 60 pages , oh man that's going to be hard and time consuming.
maddest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 08:10   Link #1195
Koncho

Hi i just watched EP 12. and all the people was amazed after that Summer Triangle scene , but i don't really get it - they were just looking at the stars and saying things etc (yea that was really romantic btw) - but what's the real meaning behind that scene? i think i don't get it.. could someone explain to me this please?
Koncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 08:58   Link #1196
ubiquitial
戯言遣い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koncho View Post
Hi i just watched EP 12. and all the people was amazed after that Summer Triangle scene , but i don't really get it - they were just looking at the stars and saying things etc (yea that was really romantic btw) - but what's the real meaning behind that scene? i think i don't get it.. could someone explain to me this please?
Don't worry, there is no deeper meaning. Your power level simply isn't high enough to fully appreciate it yet. People who generally read the twilight books won't enjoy Nabokov either.
Old 2011-07-26, 09:26   Link #1197
Koncho

Yeah , but i thought that in Japanese culture Altair and Vega were lovers or something like that , doesn't it reflects somewhat Araragi and Senjougahara? also the ending song is somewhat about Altair and Vega somewhat :

"“That’s Deneb, Altair, Vega…”
you said as you pointed at The Summer Triangle.
As I looked at the sky,
I finally found Orihime-sama,
but where is Hikoboshi-sama I wonder?
Isn’t she lonely?"

I always thought that there is a deeper meaning behind the words of Hitagi and lyrics of Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari , but if you say so...
Koncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 16:22   Link #1198
Shikijin

Quote:
The only fully translated novel in the series in English is Kizu and that one hasn't been animated yet. For the other novels they haven't been translated yet and I'm pretty sure there is no secret site where they are and just hasn't been discovered yet.
Well, the net is still full of surprises. It seems CanonRap wants to translate all of Nise. I offered to doublecheck his translation; he told me people are pushing him to post on BakaTsuki, and I seconded that.

By the way, I even found a guy who is translating Zaregoto (!).
Old 2011-07-27, 07:15   Link #1199
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Summary of Otori
Spoiler:

Last edited by omimon; 2011-11-30 at 06:05.
Old 2011-07-27, 08:02   Link #1200
ubiquitial
戯言遣い

God we need more Senjougahara.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance