AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 26 23.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 19.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 24.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 16.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 6.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 5.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.70%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-16, 06:04   Link #61
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
First of all, it was a very good episode, as you see that they are sticking close to light novel to the T.

I understand that some non-novel folks is very surprised about all the fan service in this episode but when Touma deals with the RCC/Amakusa,
Spoiler for :
. Also it could be alittle bit fast-paced but when you have to deal with animated version of light novel, you have to leave stuff off or speed things up.
Old 2010-10-16, 06:52   Link #62
gaboratamer

I dont give a SHIT about fanservice. I want BLOOOD AND EXPLOSIONS!!!!!
gaboratamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 07:29   Link #63
HyperCube

Disappointing.

This kind of fan-service is not made for Toaru verse. Sry.

I hope this won't turn into a To Love Ru-kind of anime, where a somehow a SO UNLUCKY guy finds himself with naked girls of all kinds in his bed.

Again..... Disappointing episode.

5/10

Last edited by HyperCube; 2010-10-16 at 08:11.
HyperCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 07:47   Link #64
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

I think im too old for this kind of shows. The cast is expanding at an exponential rate, the girls start to go "strike witches commando" (without skirts) and Touma is dragged from one disaster to the next, be it hard to grasp plot conflicts or naked girls going IYAAAAA all over him. And where the hell is Mikoto????

5/10, give me back my railgun!
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 08:00   Link #65
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Rly why doesnt the church has those nuns/sister in RL... i would have christianize
I met some pretty ones that I had feelings for as a kid but that was sinful pretty much.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 08:02   Link #66
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Episode was solid. The things removed wasn't bad, just some magicbabbles and some other character quirks, that doesn't really lose anything. We're still presented with the main impression of the characters in general.

I can relate to how... awkward the fanservice scenes are, because normally fanservice moments come in transition ( episode per episode, one interludes between larger scenes ), but it kinda just spiked to overdrive in the last few scenes continuously.
This sums up my feeling of the episode as well.
Now that the fanservice and introductions our out of the way, time for some action.
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 08:04   Link #67
Francismeunier
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaboratamer View Post
I dont give a SHIT about fanservice. I want BLOOOD AND EXPLOSIONS!!!!!
Damn right! I want that too! Buddy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I understand that some non-novel folks is very surprised about all the fan service in this episode but when Touma deals with the RCC/Amakusa,
Spoiler for :
. Also it could be alittle bit fast-paced but when you have to deal with animated version of light novel, you have to leave stuff off or speed things up.
I do want to understand the whole Sanctis father thing in the middle of night then sneaking into Touma's bed....does Touma look like her father or a priest?
Old 2010-10-16, 08:16   Link #68
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Face it, guys.
FANFICTION IN EPISODE TWO IS CANON.

Don't make me post the pictures to prove it.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 08:18   Link #69
Francismeunier
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Face it, guys.
FANFICTION IN EPISODE TWO IS CANON.

Don't make me post the pictures to prove it.
Talking about these pics=>
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-16, 08:19   Link #70
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I do want to understand the whole Sanctis father thing in the middle of night then sneaking into Touma's bed....does Touma look like her father or a priest?
That or she has a serious sleep-walking syndrome.

... I don't give a damn about fanservice either, but why not as long it is not too much. We're barely at the tip of the iceberg of what makes Index so fun (and I'm not talking about fanservice here, so please heed my words) to those in knowledge of the novel. Yes I know it's useless to speak about the original content here, but one can never have enough of it getting animated. Heh.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 08:26   Link #71
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
That or she has a serious sleep-walking syndrome.
I see...well that is interesting remark. ROFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
... I don't give a damn about fanservice either, but why not as long it is not too much. We're barely at the tip of the iceberg of what makes Index so fun (and I'm not talking about fanservice here, so please heed my words) to those in knowledge of the novel. Yes I know it's useless to speak about the original content here, but one can never have enough of it getting animated. Heh.
Problem with the fan service goes back to this person's comment which I agree=>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I can relate to how... awkward the fanservice scenes are, because normally fanservice moments come in transition ( episode per episode, one interludes between larger scenes ), but it kinda just spiked to overdrive in the last few scenes continuously.
Which led to this=>
Old 2010-10-16, 08:44   Link #72
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I guess my brain is too stomped by the recent years of fanservice laden anime, considering I didn't mind the fanservice nearly as much as others seem to. Just feels like business as usual to me.

The 'Mikoto or fail' comments though, do seem quite out of place to me. I mean, she's my favorite character too, but for crying out loud we just got an entire 24 episode series centered around Mikoto, god forbid that the series called To Aru Majutsu no Index actually has, y'know, more Index in it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 08:57   Link #73
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, we don't know how the human mind works, lol.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 09:06   Link #74
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
And where the hell is Mikoto????
In USA.

Quote:
5/10, give me back my railgun!
Wait for the OVA, and the very probable second season .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Isn't Touma a preacher?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 09:35   Link #75
mt.andi
Triple agent

Quote:
And where the hell is Mikoto????
You wouldn't see her till ep. 6, stay firm.
Old 2010-10-16, 09:53   Link #76
outerelf

... Why are people saying Index has no Fanservice? Index became fanservice within the first twenty minutes of the very first episode herself! The entire series has quite a bit of fanservice sprinkled throughout it, mostly in the form of Touma walking in on people. But the crawling into bed scene, the naked in the shower scene, falling so that his head was in the nun's skirt- it all happened. In just about that same order as well...
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 10:05   Link #77
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

What made Index AND Railgun stand out for me is the fact its the first Action-Genre Anime since Mai Hime (which was SIX YEARS AGO) that's so energetic, original and creative that it stayed with me for more than 2 days afterwards.

And its also the rare action anime that gives the Warriors so much heart, personality and warmth that you not only cheer for them as they beat the snerd out of the bad guys, but also lets you love them and care for them and their hopes and dreams outside battles.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:45   Link #78
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Does nobody have anything else to talk about? One of the main complaints I've heard besides the fanservice is how 'hard' the plot and it's terms are to understand, in that case why isn't there anyone asking for clarification about any part of it?

In the first place, how difficult is it really ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 11:01   Link #79
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, because it'd not that hard to understand really. Bad guys steal magical tome, magical tome can't be deciphered without certain person, bad guys kidnap certain person, heroes go to the rescue.

Pretty simple, all in all.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 11:10   Link #80
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Spoiler for Ep 2: