AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-10, 06:48   Link #21
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I'm surprised a production IG work is getting so little talk.

This could be a sleeper for the spring season.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 15:45   Link #22
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This was supposed to start today, but NHK has announced it is being preempted for disaster news. Eps 1-3 are now scheduled for Saturday afternoon, with 4-6 on next Monday, and the rest one a day from Tuesday to Friday, for a total of ten episodes.

So this is not, as I expected, really a spring show, but will complete its run within the winter season, by going at a rate of one a day rather than one a week. They are still full-length episodes, though.

In fact, this is the winter show I had the most hopes for, and still do.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 23:45   Link #23
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
The US might get a free Moshidora broadcast on cable if TV Japan continues to be free and 24/7 NHK.
Old 2011-03-16, 04:06   Link #24
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Moshidara is something that I am looking forward to, largely due to how much Peter Drucker has had an impact on my own view towards the corporate-nonprofit-governmental relationship. I think I would derail the topic if I were to lament about this too much, but the existence of Moshidara is very much related to the impact this management guru has had.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 04:23   Link #25
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

This was easily the show I had the most hope in for the coming season. Good to hear it will still be aired, looking forward to its appearance.
Old 2011-03-24, 19:55   Link #26
Kenn
Stomp

Moophase and the Fansubwiki list this as starting April 25th. Just a few posts up though... There's a (*) but I have no clue where to read what the asterisk means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
This was supposed to start today, but NHK has announced it is being preempted for disaster news. Eps 1-3 are now scheduled for Saturday afternoon, with 4-6 on next Monday, and the rest one a day from Tuesday to Friday, for a total of ten episodes.

So this is not, as I expected, really a spring show, but will complete its run within the winter season, by going at a rate of one a day rather than one a week. They are still full-length episodes, though.

In fact, this is the winter show I had the most hopes for, and still do.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 02:49   Link #27
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So has this actually aired at all? I've seen no sign of it.
Old 2011-03-27, 05:40   Link #28
TeaAnyOne
Dazzling the Stage!

Send a message via MSN to TeaAnyOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
So has this actually aired at all? I've seen no sign of it.
Yh it starts on 25/04/2011 and I think its still planning to show each episode every weekday
TeaAnyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 06:16   Link #29
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So it switched to April...got it. Darn...
Old 2011-04-01, 23:46   Link #30
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Nyantype
Old 2011-04-02, 04:54   Link #31
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

What a beautiful scans, oh my...
Can't wait the premiere...
Old 2011-04-25, 22:10   Link #32
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well the first episode is out so shouldn't this be moved the newer series section?

First episode was alright, but I felt it was paced a bit too slow. Though it has the potential to get more interesting, but we'll see.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 03:04   Link #33
Taufiq91

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Besides this and [c], this season is gonna be the best season for business and economics students. Seriously, i bet the otakus will be scoring 100% marks for their Economics/Commerce tests in college this spring!

Is anyone surprised that Peter Drucker himself can get himself his own anime, and not Ayn Rand?
Old 2011-04-26, 04:10   Link #34
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
The 2009 novel, whose title has been translated as What If a Female Manager of a High School Baseball Team Read Drucker's "Management"?, [...]
The title that translates to that is the long version of the title which is “Moshi Kōkō Yakyū no Joshi Manager ga Drakkā no ‘Management’ o Yondara”.

Honestly, these overly silly long names need to die out.
Old 2011-04-26, 04:26   Link #35
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The title that translates to that is the long version of the title which is “Moshi Kōkō Yakyū no Joshi Manager ga Drakkā no ‘Management’ o Yondara”.

Honestly, these overly silly long names need to die out.
It will die out once there will be an anime called "Anata wa hitobito wa hontōni nagai taitoru no unzari shite iru hōhō o jitsugen hajimatta bakari kon imidesu ka?"
Old 2011-04-26, 04:29   Link #36
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Is that Fujibayashi Ryou? I'm pretty sure that's Fujibayashi Ryou...

Anyway, I couldn't help but think the first episode was rather bland. I can't say I'm particularly interested in any of the others on any real level. It would've helped of they had better comedy to give it more charm.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 04:39   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The first episode was interesting. The two main characters are very likable. The artstyle is simple but pleasing to the eyes. I'm very curious to find out how exactly a simple manager will be able to lead a baseball team to victory, and how Peter Drucker's management techniques are going to help.
Old 2011-04-26, 05:16   Link #38
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Moshidora - Episode 01

Heck yeah, an educational anime! We need more of these.

It's interesting how Minami tries to translate the business-centered phrases to fit baseball management. This show encourages us to think out of the box and use educational resources that are available in different possible situations than the obvious. Of course business management is the largest field of management, but Moshidora shows us that a lot of useful knowledge in general management can be filtered out from it. The only possible issue is that I hope this show is realistic or plausible in its application of management, which any business students here could easily tell better than me.

Of course, we aren't just left with hard management here. We've gotten a decent amount of character background to garner our interests and care about what happens next. We also are getting an idea of the characters' goals and expectations, which will surely play a direct part in the management aspect of this anime. But what is Yuuki's medical issue that has been hampering her all these years? Is it a nervous system disorder?

Edit: It turns out that there is a brief Economist article on the original novel. The breakthrough popularity of the novel has led to significantly increased sales of Drucker's Management - Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices textbook.

Last edited by Tempester; 2011-04-26 at 09:17.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 08:51   Link #39
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

The episode didn't really stand out.. and at times seem flat. It doesn't help that I'm not really interested in business and economics stuff. But I will continue to watch since it's a best seller. Hopefully the next few episodes will change my opinion
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 11:11   Link #40
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Learns that Minami started baseball management because of a childhood friend... yay!
Learns that said childhood friend is female... aww.
Learns that Jirou played baseball together with Minami (thus childhood friend)... yay!
Learns that Jirou is not the pitcher (usually its the pitcher that 'wins')... aww.

Oh well, Moshidora is interesting enough to have me keep watching it (high school girl uses a book about management to take her team to Koushien?), despite me highly doubting there's romance in it. Damn you Adachi, got me addicted to baseball stories! Making me watch it despite romance is almost non-existent lols... :Heh:

To be fair though, Minami herself is the draw to the show. From wondering to how she'll apply Drucker to baseball, to wondering why she hates the sport itself (big guess its about women not allowed to play baseball with men, but that's just speculation), it's her character that's the driving point of the show. Thumbs up for that.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, production i.g.