AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-01-15, 13:12   Link #281
JustAsking

I think nothing is wrong with the link, rather there is a problem with the site itself, since the link doesn't work for me, and it gives the same error as last time.

JustAsking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 13:56   Link #282
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAsking View Post
I think nothing is wrong with the link, rather there is a problem with the site itself, since the link doesn't work for me, and it gives the same error as last time.
just looked at my file manager and it turn out that the file is copyrighted thefore can't be shared... strange that it just happen with v0.4 and v0.5.

look like I can't use mediafire anymore, do you know any other good fire sharing site?
Old 2013-01-15, 14:02   Link #283
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Mami Lives Chapter 11
Mami Romance

“Mami and I will be hunting witches today!”

That’s what Sayaka told me when I joined her for lunch on the pure white rooftop of the school. I guess it was to be expected given what Mami had told me yesterday.

If you chose A for M Opportunity Choice 3, read Section Homura is Also Busy. Otherwise, read Section It’s Time for a Break.

Spoiler for Homura is Busy:

Spoiler for It's Time for a Break:

After school, I waved goodbye to Sayaka and wished her and Mami well in their upcoming witch-hunt!

I met up with Sayaka a few blocks from school. She thankfully seemed to be in high spirits, and filled with a lot of energy and enthusiasm over today’s witch-hunt. It’s true that I’ve been busy lately with my bold beautifully blossoming love affair with Madoka. It hasn’t been all smooth sailing, of course, but I’ve nonetheless been very pleased and content with that new aspect of my life.

But I only have the life I have now due to the wish I made to become a Puella Magi. So those responsibilities must always be honored. I am glad to now have Sayaka at my side in fulfilling them. This is especially since this latest witch-hunt is taking us a greater distance than usual.

Sayaka and I walk a long ways, and board various trains, as my Soul Gem draws me to very old and remote sections of the city.

“I hope that Homura and Kyouko aren’t having as much trouble as we are!” Sayaka exclaimed with an ironic smile, and a slightly annoyed tone.

I had agreed with Homura to share my territory with her, so now in one section Homura and Kyouko are out hunting witches, while in this section I work alongside Sayaka. Thankfully, Sayaka is very talkative, and this keeps me from growing bored or tired with this lengthy trek.

Unsurprisingly, we talk a lot about Madoka.

If you chose A for M Opportunity Choice 3, read Section Respecting Madoka’s Wishes. Otherwise, read Section Clear ClariS Dreams.

Spoiler for Respecting Madoka's Wishes:

Spoiler for Clear ClariS Dreams:

After much travelling, Sayaka and I finally reached the place that my Soul Gem had been drawing us to. We’re now just outside the gates of an old, abandoned family mansion, in one of the most unpopulated sections of Mitakihara Town. The mansion was very brownish in color, and its age was unmistakable. Nonetheless, it was easy to tell how majestic a sight this mansion must have been when it was still young.

“That’s pretty gothic and old-fashioned.” Sayaka stated, as her and I stared up at the mansion on a slight hill inside of these exterior gates, “Why, that mansion seems to be older than the city itself is!”

“That’s because it is.” I replied, “This mansion was part of the old town that Mitakihara Town was built over.”

“Pretty amazing for an entire mansion to be left standing as an entire city is built around it!” Sayaka exclaimed, “Just who owned this mansion?”

Then, on a large plate connected to the gates, I read the answer to that inquiry.

“Ushiromiya Family Mansion…” I read from off of that plate.

Sayaka blinked twice as she carefully absorbed what I said.

“Hey, I just remembered where I heard that name before!” Sayaka perked up, “The Ushiromiya family… weren’t they a pretty big deal almost a hundred years ago?”

“Yes, they were.” I stated, “I read about them myself. The patriarch of the family was a miraculously prosperous but very eccentric man. If I remember correctly, his name was… Kinzo.”

“Right! And I think I remember reading about how a major disaster befell the Ushiromiya family on an island somewhere….” Sayaka mused contemplatively.

“Yes, the only surviving heir to the estate was a young redheaded girl… but her name escapes me now.” I stated, “She lived in comfort most of her life, and this mansion was probably the one she lived in until she passed away from old age.”

“Spooky.” stated Sayaka, “You think we’ll face ghosts in here as well as witches?”

Sayaka asked that in a joking tone, but I could tell she was a bit nervous too.

“Well, since we are talking about legends from almost a hundred years ago…” I begin in smiling reply, “Let me just say that I’m not afraid of no ghosts…”

“I’ll have to remember to keep your number handy for situations like this then.” Sayaka said with a smirk.

Who you gonna call.” I replied, in such a way that Sayaka and I started loudly laughing afterwards.

This banter had thankfully served to take some of the nervousness from both Sayaka and I. We then stealthily slipped past the gates of this mansion, and slowly stepped inside its front doors. Once inside, we transformed into our magical girl attire, and prepared to fight through a Witch’s Barrier!

Once inside the barrier, Sayaka and I started sprinting down large, long, lusciously decorated corridors. Even within a darkly corrupted Witch’s Barrier, the exceptional elegance of this mansion shone through. Even as Sayaka and I sliced and blew away rainbow-colored butterfly enemies, we could not help but to be taken in by this scenery.

“This might be the loveliest witch’s barrier I’ve ever seen!” Sayaka exclaimed.

“I share those sentiments, but we must keep our guard up.” I replied, as we slowly walked up a shimmering blood red staircase through an area that looked like an exceptionally esoteric Escher drawing made real.

Sure enough, it was not long until we began to face much more challenging foes.

“Butlers with goat heads!” Sayaka exclaimed, as her sword struck against one of those ‘butlers’ slicing at Sayaka with some sort of sharp arm attachment.

“Not just goat heads…” I replied, as I parried a couple attacks by using a musket like a bo staff.

“But goat feet too!” I exclaimed, as I then somersaulted into the air while raining Musket fire down upon these grunting ghastly goatmen, taking note of their feet while I did so.

Sayaka then released a loud battle cry as she won out in her strenuous struggle with one goatman that she had essentially crossed swords with. After winning that struggle, Sayaka proceeded to cut him down to size with a couple well-placed slices from her blades!

Sayaka and I ended up encountering many more of these goatmen, garbed as well-dressed butlers, as we dauntlessly delved deeper into this witch’s barrier. In mere minutes, each of us must have dispatched at least a dozen of these enemies.

“They’re strong.” Sayaka said, as she wiped some sweat from off her brow.

“And they’re not even familiars.” I said, as I leaned my back against Sayaka’s side, and began to shoot wildly at the several goatmen that were now racing our way.

“This witch…” Sayaka began breathlessly, as I could perceive the slightest sense of second thoughts in Sayaka’s voice, “Must be very powerful.”

“Yes.” I concurred, “It’s a good thing that we’re both here, as there’s little doubt that this witch would be too much for either of us alone. But I’ve never met a witch that could withstand two magical girls, so…”

“Don’t worry, Mami.” Sayaka stated reassuringly, as she then boldly sprinted forward to slice and dice more enemies, “I’m not a quitter! I know that we can’t turn back now. We need at least one more Grief Seed to deal with an even more fearsome witch than this one. To deal with Walpurgis Night!”

“Right.” I answered, as I blew away a goatman that was perilously close to striking Sayaka from behind, “Besides, a witch this powerful must be put down. It can’t be allowed to threaten innocent lives!”

“Exactly!” Sayaka exclaimed, as she jammed a blade into the torso of a goatman that was about to take me unaware.

Sayaka and I then glanced, smiled, and nodded at each other, before we continued to sprint further towards the witch herself. It was very relieving to know that Sayaka and I had each other’s back, and I’m sure that the feeling was mutual.

Given our respective abilities, I’d normally encourage Sayaka to take the lead and engage in close quarters combat while I provided her cover fire from behind. But against a witch this powerful, that would be overly reckless for Sayaka. So instead we were like special agents out of one of those ancient James Bond films. We’d swirl around each other, with our backs and sides frequently tight against each other, to cut down on possible avenues of attacks for our enemies.

Goatmen, butterflies, and rabbit-faced feminine looking creatures in flashy military wear all stood in our way. Those rabbit-faced enemies were the most powerful yet, as they could shoot off white energy blasts that seemed to hone in on us. Thankfully, Sayaka was able to deflect those blasts away with her sword, while I finished these rabbit-faced enemies off with blasts from my muskets.

Finally, we came to the end of a massive hallway, and to the front of a gigantic golden gateway of a door! Off to the side of that door, was a painting of a beautiful blonde woman dressed in a fine, long-flowing dark dress while also wearing a red choker. Sayaka whistled appreciatively at how gorgeous she was.

“The woman in that painting looks a bit like you, Mami!” Sayaka said smilingly towards me.

“I know you meant that as a compliment…” I began in a teasing tone, “But you do realize that you might have just compared me to a witch, right?”

“You think the witch we’re about to fight will be like the woman in that painting?” Sayaka asked.

“No, but it will probably be based off of her.” I answered, “In any event, we’re about to find out!”

Sayaka and I then pushed aside the golden gateway to face a decidedly deadly Golden Witch!

Sayaka and I found ourselves on a large balcony overlooking a vast garden.

“This reminds me of the very first witch I watched you fight against!” Sayaka stated excitedly.

That was a shrewd comparison made by Sayaka. However, this garden had much more color, variety, and size to its various plants than what the garden of that other witch had. The two witches were also very different from one another.

This golden witch was wearing a dress much like the one wore by the woman in the painting immediately outside of where I was now standing. But this dress had an uncanny valley look to it, as though it was drawn in chalk and crayon. And coming out of the sleeves of the dress were not hands, but what looked like malleable noodles for appendages. And the witch's head was a large, thorny, golden rose. Red roses and shimmering golden butterflies danced all about this Golden Witch.

It didn’t take long for this witch to notice Sayaka and I. Once it did so, it voiced an English word in the voice of an older refined woman.

“Perfect-o!”

And then an explosion rocketed up from directly beneath Sayaka and I, causing the balcony we were on to crumble into so much rock and debris! Thankfully, Sayaka and I were able to leap off of the balcony before being hurt by the blast ourselves.

Let’s do this!” Sayaka shouted.

“After you, Leeroy.” I jokingly replied with a grin.

Sayaka sprinted wildly at the witch, causing her to become a bluish-whitish blur to me. Sayaka’s slashes left their mark on the witch, causing it to howl in pain!

“Yes!” Sayaka shouted triumphantly, as she circled around the witch while cutting down some enemy butterflies, “Now, Mami, you finish it off with a Tiro…”

Then haunting, reverberating laughter echoed forth from the witch, making it clear that Sayaka’s hope of a quick victory had been dashed. The sword-cut shaped wounds on the witch’s body magically healed over, while two massive totem pole like structures launched out of the ground with all the force of an erupting volcano! How fitting this was given how these structures then erupted with massive, fiery blasts like they were machines of war!

“AaaaaAAAggggghhh!!!” Sayaka cried, as a blast sent her flying violently through the air.

“GGGGaaaaaahhhhHHH!!!” I screamed, as I was similarly sent flying.

Sayaka and I both landed hard on the ground, now a good hundred feet from this witch.

“What power…” Sayaka stated in shock, as we gingerly rose to our feet.

“I should have supported your opening attack better.” I admitted with a touch of shame, “I was too busy just watching you and sizing up the enemy. I…”

“It’s fine.” Sayaka interjected, “But you’re right that your musket blasts following up my sword attacks should do the trick. So let’s try this again!”

“Right.” I stated, while nodding in agreement.

Sayaka then launched herself at the witch once more, while I called forth eight different muskets, and arranged them in a circular formation. No matter where Sayaka’s sword slashes struck, there would be a musket blast following it up in the same place!

Sayaka cut into the witch once more, making it howl in pain a second time. I then caused a violent eruption of my own, as my muskets all shot off simultaneously. Surely this would be it!

… But alas, it was not.

My face contorted in horror, and Sayaka clenched her teeth in frustration, as the latest obstacle to both her and I now made its presence felt.

Seven flying familiars appeared seemingly out of nowhere to absorb my blasts and stop them from striking the witch. These familiars released high-pitched laughs, lower volume but sharper versions of the witch’s own laugh. These familiars had masses of hair in place of faces, and one I’m ashamed to say had hair much like my own. They were garbed in what looked like a cross between a swimsuit and lingerie. And their arms were shaped like swords!

After releasing a sigh of frustration, Sayaka gained a second wind.

“Ok…” she said, betraying how her stamina was starting to run low, “Third time’s a charm! I’ll take care of these new familiars while you deal with the witch. Are we agreed, Mami?”

“Agreed!” I shouted.

Sayaka’s plan of attack made sense seeing as how these familiars were somehow able to absorb my musket-fire without much trouble. So now I focused on the witch while Sayaka focused on these seven familiars!

I could feel my pulse pounding. I could feel my heart racing! I felt genuine trepidation right now. This witch fight… it was causing my mind to flash back to the witch I encountered at the beach this past weekend. Would I fail yet again? Sayaka said that third time’s a charm, but would it be more three strikes I’m out?

…No! I must be stronger than that. I’m an experienced magical girl. I’ve been doing this for years. I will succeed this time, without needing the help of you, Akemi Homura!

Rarely have I felt such anger burn in my breasts. But now I channeled that anger into more powerful musket attacks, while the witch struggled in vain against the yellow magical strands that I had wrapped around it.

Sayaka, for her part, had already managed to dispatch three of the seven familiars. But wait… Sayaka’s legs had taken nasty slashes! And Sayaka was now starting to become overwhelmed by sheer numbers! Sayaka screamed as she landed with a loud thud upon her back. A pained expression was all about a face now partially covered in dust. I wanted to help Sayaka, but the witch was directly in my way.

Then I saw one of these seven familiars make a diving attack directly at Sayaka’s right thigh. This familiar clearly intends to sever Sayaka’s leg!

If you chose A for Choice M3, read Section The Rage of Mami Tomoe.
If you chose B for Choice M3, read Section Kyousuke Kamijo’s Finest Hour.

Spoiler for The Rage of Mami Tomoe:

Spoiler for Kyousuke Kamijo's Finest Hour:

Somehow I can sense that this is an important day in Sayaka’s life. But for me, it was Tuesday. Tuesday evening, to be exact. And then, at about 8 PM, I heard the phone ring.

Thanks to caller display, I knew that the call was from Mami! I wonder if she had good news or bad news for me?

To Be Continued…

----------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, readers, it's actually an update. And it's an update of a part of this story that I haven't updated in several months.

Mami Romance is back!

In the update itself are links to YouTube videos that I think have fitting music for the writing that comes immediately after that link. Different colors also mean that different narrators are taking over - This means Mami. This means Sayaka. This means Madoka. And default (start of the chapter) is Madoka.

The Chapter title includes a link to the last installment of Mami Romance, from many moons ago. Many may need to re-read some of what came before in order to refresh their memories. I know that I had to in order to write this update.

But in any event, enjoy! Enjoy Kyousuke Kamijo's Finest Hour and/or The Rage of Mami Tomoe!

P.S. If anybody can think of a good file-sharing program, please help out Kimidori. I'm going to try to think of one myself.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-01-15 at 15:09.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 14:52   Link #284
JustAsking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori
do you know any other good fire sharing site?
Dropbox is the best, in my opinion.
JustAsking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 08:44   Link #285
M.o.G S.P

Just checked out the visual novel of your story, needless to say I was impressed despite being only the first 5 chapter, I read more of the chapters soon after
Your story is very impressive and I love how your set it as a visual novel narrative, some parts did seem very weird to me and made me laugh (Madoka referring herself as a lesbian, Sayaka calling Homura hot)
but these are minor and don't affect my opinion so I still look forward to future updates

As for the novel, it does need work, 1 thing is that some of the scenes need to change as they appear as another person's work and the style doesn't match other aspects like the spites or the anime scenes which i favored
(e.g. Madoka and Mami hug in chapter 5, Madoka and Sayaka together in the first ending) if those were you work, then i was mistaking, but should still be changed
also need to be in full screen as i recorded my play through and had issues with editing to get each part aligned and fully sized (they appeared too small)
hope to see future updates for the novel as well

overall, very good for both the fanfic and visual novel, keep up the good work

I've also uploaded the play through to my new youtube channel, so if you want to check out my run just message for my channel name or ill post it for everyone to see if you want
M.o.G S.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 09:53   Link #286
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
If I would've known all it was gonna take for you to post another M&M chapter was changing avatars to a blonde in Madoka's outfit, I would've done it months ago! Of course, that probably would've been funnier if I posted this a few days ago...

Joking aside, let me just start by saying this was definitely worth the wait, so good job.

Spoiler for Golden Blues:

All in all, a well-crafted chapter with a stunning pair of twists... hopefully it won't take another several months for the next chapter, because one of the cliffhanger is quite a shocker

As for the Magical Kyousuke bit, I think it's a nice touch. It's a bit obvious you had been leading up to it for a while now, and it's not as though Kyubey has never once formed a contract with a male in this... so yeah. I kinda like that little plot twist, and not just because it results in a non-crippled Sayaka.

Important Note: Kogetsu is just teasing about the delay, there's no need to go all Report Button-y on this post. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 07:50   Link #287
silvercover
Romance Expert

huzzah!
finally managed to reach the end of this thread. though I havent read all the routes yet(just finished through sayaka romance and madoka alone).

I really applaud you for this amazing fanfiction/VN you created. it is simply perfect in capturing the characters and having great scenarios play out.

as a sayaka fan, I went and finished her route(which is luckily, the first one you finished).
madokaXsayaka is also my favorite ship in madoka magica, this route really was a treat for me. relationships growing slowly is also my favorite. that flashback reminded me of another fanfic of the pairing, except that it didnt have madoka mistake her as a boy . id have enjoyed it more immensely though, if I saw tiger and bunny. the ending was sweet and while I also havent seen lyrical nanoha, ive heard about her enough to know what kind of girl she is ...

I also loved the sayakaXhomura pairing. despite the fact that it was one of the least likely pairing to happen as the main series made it, this one feels quite natural. im having a tough time now deciding if I prefer this one... I originally just thought of this before as a rather interesting crack pairing since I doubted anyone else would ship it. there was all this tension between them, but I also saw that if homura was a bit less narrow minded in saving madoka and didnt offend sayaka so much, these 2 could make a good alliance and potentially have an OT3 with madoka. ah, one of my dreams come true ...

well for now, im going to finish the mami alive branches I guess then go off to search for more sayaka pairings before exploring other pairs. then im off to see if I can get to that homura/sayaka alliance.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 09:39   Link #288
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
I also saw that if homura was a bit less narrow minded in saving madoka and didnt offend sayaka so much, these 2 could make a good alliance and potentially have an OT3 with madoka. ah, one of my dreams come true ...
... And I guess in this little dream, Mami survives the Charlotte battle, reconciles with Kyouko and the two of them end up as a happy yuri couple so no one gets left out?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 18:48   Link #289
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... And I guess in this little dream, Mami survives the Charlotte battle, reconciles with Kyouko and the two of them end up as a happy yuri couple so no one gets left out?
ah yes, that too.

the mahou shoujo madoka magica the different story really got me attached to that pair as well. the ending of it was so sad
Spoiler:

well, after reading that manga, my pairings are now these:

sayakaXmadokaXhomura and mamiXkyouko.

oh and forgot to mention, that sayakaXhomura pairing was also very cute with the whole tsundere dynamic. I could just imagine it... pretty unique as well since the other tsundere we have wont be able to be tsun under sayaka's adoration. kyouko would give out sooner and accept the feelings of sayaka with maybe some words of denial("b-baka"), while homura could still maintain a tsun front while feeling slightly dere inside.
Old 2013-01-21, 18:49   Link #290
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
huzzah!
finally managed to reach the end of this thread. though I havent read all the routes yet(just finished through sayaka romance and madoka alone).

I really applaud you for this amazing fanfiction/VN you created. it is simply perfect in capturing the characters and having great scenarios play out.

as a sayaka fan, I went and finished her route(which is luckily, the first one you finished).
madokaXsayaka is also my favorite ship in madoka magica, this route really was a treat for me. relationships growing slowly is also my favorite. that flashback reminded me of another fanfic of the pairing, except that it didnt have madoka mistake her as a boy . id have enjoyed it more immensely though, if I saw tiger and bunny. the ending was sweet and while I also havent seen lyrical nanoha, ive heard about her enough to know what kind of girl she is ...
I'm really glad you liked it!

If you could send me a PM linking me to the other MadokaXSayaka fanfic you read, I'd very much appreciate it.

Just so you know, the only routes I have completed so far are Mami Lives, Sayaka Romance and Mami Lives, Homura Romance. Well, those and the Madoka is Alone routes.

If you have any suggestions for the unfinished routes, I'm all ears.
Old 2013-01-21, 19:35   Link #291
silvercover
Romance Expert

well for some ideas(though note I havent read all of it so maybe you already made it), how about some OT3 endings?
maybe il get some ideas later, as im going to school now.
Old 2013-01-22, 05:43   Link #292
Kudryavka

Is the visual novel on Renpy?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 20:49   Link #293
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Hey there Triple R. I'm glad to see you back with another update which I'm a week late for noticing. Which is weird because my user cp or email never notified me about this update, and I've faithfully subscribed and followed this thread a year ago. Anyway... Yo! It's back! The Mami romance route is back! Yes! After months of waiting and slowly but surely losing hope of its return, it finally came back.

After reading the Different Story a few weeks ago and coming to love and know Mami, my favourite Magical Girl in new and interesting ways, I'm psyched and ready to go. As usual, I have ClariS playing because they're awesome!

Please note: I'm not comfortable with my words so bear with me as I write this. I really took time to review this. So let's get this party started! Let's rock!

Ahem:

Spoiler for Pink Bunny's Batteries Drain Out:

Spoiler for When the Incubator's Smile:

Grading Time:

Spoiler for Pros:

Spoiler for Cons:

Well I'm caught up and I enjoyed the update from start to finish, so take your time with the next one. I'm going to put my fingers to rest now, so until then dude, until then!
Old 2013-01-23, 08:23   Link #294
silvercover
Romance Expert

damn, mami's route is a lot more difficult and tricky than I expected. I got to the split off between either mami or homura, but ultimately chose mami since it feels too cruel considering the choices we made to reach this point.
I did, however, check out if I accepted homura' confession and lo behold there's a love triangle possibility. going to finish mami's romance first before following this next.

I think I can now see the harem route direction, if there is one.
Old 2013-01-26, 18:46   Link #295
TreacherousFox
As trustful as an armor

Awesome, a new chapter, after all this time!

I have only given it a passing glance for now since I don't have time to read it at this moment, but I wanted to ask something...

Is the witch's name
Spoiler for name:
?
Old 2013-01-26, 19:43   Link #296
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreacherousFox View Post
Awesome, a new chapter, after all this time!

I have only given it a passing glance for now since I don't have time to read it at this moment, but I wanted to ask something...

Is the witch's name
Spoiler for name:
?
Bingo. I felt that a certain famous witch from a different anime show would make a very good opponent for Mami and Sayaka.

Anyway, I hope to have another chapter of this up soon!
Old 2013-01-26, 19:52   Link #297
silvercover
Romance Expert

btw triple r, did you receive my suggestion from a pm?
Old 2013-02-01, 12:57   Link #298
Homucifer
Banned

When is the next part of the Visual Novel coming out????
I finished ReWrite and have nothing else to play.
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 02:30   Link #299
Dr. Casey

So here I am, posting my first PPPL-related review of 2013. I was actually intending to post a review long before now (I made a checklist of things I wanted to comment on a day or two after the update), but I'm sadly a very lazy person. Triple's Visitor Message convinced me to get my rear in motion, though. PPPL is like a warm blanket, just a very relaxing story to curl up and read.

It's a good thing you link to previous sections at the beginning of each new update, because what you said in the afterword about needing a refresher was certainly true. It's hard to keep track of this story's many winding branches even during the best of times, never mind a route that was updated the better part of a year ago. (Speaking of which, I thought it was neat that this update was posted on the one year anniversary of the story. Well... almost, anyway. You should've posted it the day before!) I perked up at the remembrance that this was one of the story routes that involve Madoka having an affair, because I'm a bad person and think that Madoka being unfaithful is hot, though that particular plot thread was of course put on the backburner for now seeing as Ms. Kaname was barely featured.

Without Madoka around, this chapter took on a rather unique nature, since it's one of the few almost completely devoid of romance (or at least, that's the case until the end - but that just goes against the status quo in an even more profound fashion, since it involves romance between a boy and a girl, not a girl and a girl. I was almost starting to think heterosexuals were an extinct species by 2061). Sayaka and Mami make a very entertaining pair; they're both upbeat, cheerful, and fun, and I'm sure that Sayaka considers Mami to be an easier partner to work with than Kyouko and Homura (generally speaking, anyway; Sayaka and Homura were of course a more well-oiled team whenever they were romantically involved). I've never watched Ghostbusters, which I guess makes me the only child of the 1980s to never have done so, but I got a good laugh out of Sayaka and Mami making reference to it.

Do you intend to write about Kyouko and Homura's own Witch hunting adventures, seeing as they agreed to split up their duties in Mitakihara? They would prove one of the most challenging puella magi pairs to write about, I think... Homura's silent and withdrawn nature would make it difficult for Kyouko to have an honest conversation with, and a boring person to try to antagonize. And speaking of potential scenes in the story, I think it would be nice for Madoka and Sayaka (perhaps Homura and Kyouko too, assuming they care) to see Mami at ClariS auditions or even a concert. I'm sure you could spin an awesome scene or two out of the idea, and if you post said update after March it will be able to fill up the idol void left behind by AKB0048 Next Stage.

Minigame 6 time! A Ninja Gaiden-style action game with Sayaka and/or Kyouko (the minigame can be singleplayer or multiplayer) running through the Witch's barrier as they fight against the Golden Witch's army of goatmen, rainbow-colored butterflies, and rabbit-faced creatures in military suits (Are the rabbits also from Umineko? I don't remember them, though it's been a long time since watching the anime). In the 50th anniversary edition released in 2062, the minigame will be souped up into a virtual reality version, where you can fight the Witch and her many minions with me, Kogetsu, Clarami, or any of your other readers at your side (dressed up as Sayaka or Kyouko).

On that note, this witch might be one of the few PPPL witches that I would be willing to fight without hiding in the corner of the room with my eyes covered. The witch has a very neat design and it's an awesome battle as always, but it's too elegant (noodle arms notwithstanding) to come across as menacing and horrifying as some of the others (at least until the seven laughing familiars come out, which thrusts things firmly back into 'Creepy as fuck' territory; whenever I play the virtual reality version with Kogetsu and Clarami, this will be the point where I log out and ask them to take care of the rest).

As for the very final scene of the update, 'Kyosuke Kamijo's Finest Hour'... normally I might say that Kyosuke's too young to say that he's peaked, but honestly Kyosuke was so awesome here that it's hard to imagine him ever having an hour finer than this. Loved the scene, loved Kyosuke's radiance and power; the mental image of him creating a staircase from thin air is a particularly elegant one. Very curious to see what exactly prompted Kyousuke to become a Magical Boy, and am looking forward to seeing how his presence will influence the group dynamics.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 08:01   Link #300
silvercover
Romance Expert

Q: is there going to be a harem route?