AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 05:58   Link #2001
NeutralZero

Real nice...
More enemies and no additional allies...
Is Raba the next to bite the dust?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 06:13   Link #2002
Meltyred

God damn Kurome stop acting cute to make me not wish for your death.
It is working.... Sadly
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 06:37   Link #2003
kenjtr

I somehow have a feeling that akame wont fight with the angel .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 06:49   Link #2004
NeutralZero

Maybe in the next chapter, Lan's true color will show up and a hint to his allegiance...
Still poor Chelsea... got dissected after being sliced and killed then a partial remain of her carcass was fed to the pet...
Old 2013-03-17, 07:07   Link #2005
Soji

We all know that kurome X Wawe will end badly (one or both of them Die)...Kurome hurt badly and Wawe seem well motivated to do her part as well.
Also I hate to agree with Esdes ....but I do agree with what she thought and seem i was right that Esdes was the one to dissected Chelsea.
And I agree with Mein about Tastsumi is good to see him like this.

I still not like the last part and with more enemy(that can kill teigu user without teigu ).
I really wonder what will next.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 08:40   Link #2006
galdr

Finally, time for Rabac and Lan get some action. They didn't do anything last arc so they better show some cool stuff. Hopefully Wave get a proper fight as well.

The new 4 demons probably end up as relevant as the Three Beast.
Quite powerful and might end up scoring NR kill but all of them end up dying in this arc.

Kurome is pretty damn cute this chapter.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 10:00   Link #2007
OverSeer
Inactive Member

I have this feeling that these new guys the ones without Teigus will be killed off very easily.
could be wrong
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 10:19   Link #2008
NeutralZero

If that bozo can do that to pet girl easily clearly states that they are not some push over characters...
They are veteran in their field so it will be an intense fight...
Old 2013-03-17, 10:26   Link #2009
Soji

^Agree.
Also they told us that they already bring back 5 teigu and have exp to fight and kill teigu user.
Plus I dont think that they earned that kind of name/title for nothing.
Old 2013-03-17, 13:32   Link #2010
Fwarlord

Hi all, I just read this manga to the latest chapter and I love it so much.
When I read a few first pages of chapter 1, I had the impression: "Nah, just another silly action harem manga with an idiotic, happy-go-lucky main character". But little by little, I found out that this manga is nothing like other shonen mangas I read so far. Not entirely realistic, but it surely bring a lot of factors in real life into the story. There are no real "good" people in this manga, only either those who consume by power, greet and delusion or those who did their job because of the believes.
Therefore, I don't agree that the NR's way of thinking about killing the PM will solve everything is right. They belive that the PM is the main culprit that corrupt the empire, all bad things happened because he's in reign and after he was killed, all social problems can be solved easily, the empire will become a country where everyone could live happily. That way of thinking is very wrong from the beginning. There is no way one person alone could corrupt an entire empire, he cannot make the nobles become evil sadist who love to mutilate people or make officers take bribe and frame the innocents. That guy just happen to come into power while the empire corrupted right down to the core. Killing him alone will solve nothing.
And about the Revolution Army, I can't see them as the saviors that will bring peace and harmony to people. Their three-pronged tactic look more like a mutiny than revolution. They compromised with feudal lords to attack the capital in surprise and seize power. What would happen if they success? Will other area easily surrender after the fall of the capital, or they will declare themselves as autonomous states or attack the capital and start a civil war? If the Revolution Army want to oppress them all, lots of blood will be shed and more nobles/tribes the Revolution Army have to compromise with. After that, they must have their share of power and that mean the new government won't be so different from the old one, they just replace the PM with some other guys. Vices and social conflicts still exist, only people would suffer more because of the war and anarchy. History teaches us that those kind of revolution (rely on military power alone, without the support from the masses) will end up failing unsightly or won't be able to achieve their goals from the start (liberation of people, solving socials conflicts...)
And I think it's so weird for Tatsumi to rely on the Revolution Army, who he know nothing about to achieve his dream (creating a country that people can live happily) instead of do it himself. Tatsumi should cooperate with Esdese, who have an army loyal to herself, for military support, then create and political party to spread his ideal and influence to the masses. After building up enough political and military power, he can start a full scale revolution in the entire empire to dissolve the whole old regime as well as the aristocracy and the monarchy. Then he can create a republic country with himself as it's head (president, chancellor, fuhrer or whatever) and Esdese as the first lady.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 14:22   Link #2011
Soji

Seriously?
Coperare with Esdese of all people? The same Esdes that enjoy torture, kill, humiliate and let her men rape the girls of the village that she conquest?
But of course she is pretty and dere dere with Tatsumi so she is the perfect ally and help to solve something like this.

But of course who cares that she is a sadistic and psycho and that if Tatsumi do something like that would destroy his character.

Really I cant belive that many people forgive Esdes,Kurome and even Justice girls only because they are cute.

I mean,dont get me wrong but I think is ironic that people still say thing like that after all this ch.

Last edited by Soji; 2013-03-17 at 15:12.
Old 2013-03-17, 14:57   Link #2012
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Hi all, I just read this manga to the latest chapter and I love it so much.
When I read a few first pages of chapter 1, I had the impression: "Nah, just another silly action harem manga with an idiotic, happy-go-lucky main character". But little by little, I found out that this manga is nothing like other shonen mangas I read so far. Not entirely realistic, but it surely bring a lot of factors in real life into the story. There are no real "good" people in this manga, only either those who consume by power, greet and delusion or those who did their job because of the believes.
Therefore, I don't agree that the NR's way of thinking about killing the PM will solve everything is right. They belive that the PM is the main culprit that corrupt the empire, all bad things happened because he's in reign and after he was killed, all social problems can be solved easily, the empire will become a country where everyone could live happily. That way of thinking is very wrong from the beginning. There is no way one person alone could corrupt an entire empire, he cannot make the nobles become evil sadist who love to mutilate people or make officers take bribe and frame the innocents. That guy just happen to come into power while the empire corrupted right down to the core. Killing him alone will solve nothing.
And about the Revolution Army, I can't see them as the saviors that will bring peace and harmony to people. Their three-pronged tactic look more like a mutiny than revolution. They compromised with feudal lords to attack the capital in surprise and seize power. What would happen if they success? Will other area easily surrender after the fall of the capital, or they will declare themselves as autonomous states or attack the capital and start a civil war? If the Revolution Army want to oppress them all, lots of blood will be shed and more nobles/tribes the Revolution Army have to compromise with. After that, they must have their share of power and that mean the new government won't be so different from the old one, they just replace the PM with some other guys. Vices and social conflicts still exist, only people would suffer more because of the war and anarchy. History teaches us that those kind of revolution (rely on military power alone, without the support from the masses) will end up failing unsightly or won't be able to achieve their goals from the start (liberation of people, solving socials conflicts...)
And I think it's so weird for Tatsumi to rely on the Revolution Army, who he know nothing about to achieve his dream (creating a country that people can live happily) instead of do it himself. Tatsumi should cooperate with Esdese, who have an army loyal to herself, for military support, then create and political party to spread his ideal and influence to the masses. After building up enough political and military power, he can start a full scale revolution in the entire empire to dissolve the whole old regime as well as the aristocracy and the monarchy. Then he can create a republic country with himself as it's head (president, chancellor, fuhrer or whatever) and Esdese as the first lady.
You just spoke what was in my mind and i cant belive there is another person who thinks exact same things as i do , i also belive corruption from citizen and the daily things from we do so if you cant change citizens one by one there is no way you can change a country .

I also thinl esdese is the main pillar of tatsumis dream since she has power , army , she can train him , also she came from a north tribe so if she wants she can help tatsumi create a country in north . Now you will think what esdese cant find support from the people of north but i think thats wrong since esdeses words come to my mind " if you dont want to get crushed just get stronger " she is pretty much like a harsh mother for the people of north .

Esdese only sides with strong and thats her character i wont deny but she doesnt know better so tatsumi should just teach her instead of giving up hope , shirkie and esdese does really recemble each other in that aspect .

Anyway even if the empire changes with revolutionaries people of the north will still suffer no one will save them , also that revolutionary army is really suspicious since tatsumi doesnt even know who is the leader of these guys . I think after revolution its highly likely that tatsumi will be killed and maybe akame will be the one who does that , for some reason i think akame isnt a good person as people think she is .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 16:05   Link #2013
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
You just spoke what was in my mind and i cant belive there is another person who thinks exact same things as i do , i also belive corruption from citizen and the daily things from we do so if you cant change citizens one by one there is no way you can change a country .

I also thinl esdese is the main pillar of tatsumis dream since she has power , army , she can train him , also she came from a north tribe so if she wants she can help tatsumi create a country in north . Now you will think what esdese cant find support from the people of north but i think thats wrong since esdeses words come to my mind " if you dont want to get crushed just get stronger " she is pretty much like a harsh mother for the people of north .

Esdese only sides with strong and thats her character i wont deny but she doesnt know better so tatsumi should just teach her instead of giving up hope , shirkie and esdese does really recemble each other in that aspect .

Anyway even if the empire changes with revolutionaries people of the north will still suffer no one will save them , also that revolutionary army is really suspicious since tatsumi doesnt even know who is the leader of these guys . I think after revolution its highly likely that tatsumi will be killed and maybe akame will be the one who does that , for some reason i think akame isnt a good person as people think she is .
NR might be hiding something, I think they know something Tatsumi don't. They might just show their true colors sooner or later. I've always thought something about NR that just isn't right. Tatsumi and Esdese working together is a possible outcome and I think it will happen, just not the way you guys see it ^_^. She might get betrayed and be public enemy number 1 and NR just might get betrayed by the RA. I never thought of the RA as a force of good. We have nothing to say they are going to be better than the Empire, they might do the same thing. They just might get rid of NR when the powerful enemies are dead like Esdese and the Jagers and PM and move in and clean up. Face it, if RA attacks now they are going to get squashed. The jagers alone can kill hundreds in a short time.

NR might be used by the RA just to clean up the powerful enemies and be cast aside when the job and the revolution are done.

I personally don't think the story is as straight as it looks to be, I think there are deeper meanings and explanations to it. I think there are a lot of things happening behind closed doors.
Old 2013-03-19, 03:13   Link #2014
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I agree this author has a knack for flipping the normal storytelling traditions on their head when we least expect it. I wouldn't be surprised if the Empire and RA were somehow in cahoots, neither one seems to be in a rush to attack the other, choosing instead to fight proxy battles with their teigu users.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 05:23   Link #2015
NeutralZero

In cahoots or not,
It was shown earlier that it is not that easy to have 'her' as an ally...
She has a huge pride... a very huge pride...
But right, the only evil seen is that of the empire and no shred of light has been given to the rebellion army... whether they're good or just like the empire is still up for discussion...
Old 2013-03-19, 05:58   Link #2016
DawnEmperor

This is kind of a nitpick, but am I the only one who dislikes Tatsumi's teigu? I mean I know I should think "cool, armor!", but it seems like they either don't do a lot with it, or it's just not used to the degree Braht did. Maybe I just liked how Tatsumi kept up with just a normal sword in the beginning.

Anyway, I don't really know what to feel towards Kurome this chapter. It seems like a given she'll fight Akame again, but I wonder...
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 07:55   Link #2017
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Yeah I agree that I've been waiting for Tatsumi to fully utilize the armor or start to combine his sword and armor in combos, but perhaps it's being saved for later.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 08:19   Link #2018
OverSeer
Inactive Member

I agree with you ttdestoy, i wont be surprised if the Empire and RA are in cahoots as you said ^^
Old 2013-03-19, 08:22   Link #2019
DawnEmperor

That would be an interesting twist. There's definitely the air of "the revolution will not be villified". We haven't heard a lot from the revolutionary army, and it'd be too simple to just have them take over and have all be well.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 09:20   Link #2020
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Seriously?
Coperare with Esdese of all people? The same Esdes that enjoy torture, kill, humiliate and let her men rape the girls of the village that she conquest?
But of course she is pretty and dere dere with Tatsumi so she is the perfect ally and help to solve something like this.

But of course who cares that she is a sadistic and psycho and that if Tatsumi do something like that would destroy his character.

Really I cant belive that many people forgive Esdes,Kurome and even Justice girls only because they are cute.

I mean,dont get me wrong but I think is ironic that people still say thing like that after all this ch.
Actually, I don't think that Seiryuu should be left alive, she was already broken too much.
But that not the same to Esdese and Kurome.
Kurome is an assassin and controlling corpse is her fighting style, she was taught and trained to do that, it's her way to survive.
About Esdese, please remember that this story's setting is similar to the Middle Age, when killing, torturing and raping war prisoner are normal things to do. They haven't established Geneva Convention at that time. A lot of general did those things and they was called "heroes" by history. People only talk about their victories, no one mention about war crimes they committed. So things can also work out in Esdese's case. If she and Tatsumi can create and rule a country successfully, they will be remembered as mother and father of a new era, no one will give a care about what she did in war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
In cahoots or not,
It was shown earlier that it is not that easy to have 'her' as an ally...
She has a huge pride... a very huge pride...
But right, the only evil seen is that of the empire and no shred of light has been given to the rebellion army... whether they're good or just like the empire is still up for discussion...
Women can choose love over their pride, especially someone as passionate and innocent in love as "her".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Anyway, I don't really know what to feel towards Kurome this chapter. It seems like a given she'll fight Akame again, but I wonder...
I find the couple WavexKurome is so cute.
Kurome has already weakened so much, she won't stand a chance against Akame, now it's Wave's chance to become the knight in shinning armor to protect her.

Last edited by Fwarlord; 2013-03-19 at 09:48.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!