Notices

Old 2007-10-06, 09:46   Link #41
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
All anime series are only made possible through pain-staking efforts by animators, sleeping in their work cabins, working overtime, animating, drawing the cells, coloring.
Well i guess actually seeing it makes us appreciate the hard work just that bit more
From face view this does look like a nice "down to earth" series - hope it gives us some realism and no magical crap! (seen too much of them lately )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 16:08   Link #42
Katapan
俺様祭り

Episode 1 wasn't exactly outstanding, but I enjoyed it. Not really what I was expecting; I kept seeing the mostly female cast & had no idea as many guys would be introduced at once, which was a somewhat nice surprise.
I thought it really was all about the light atmosphere most of the time, and it surely felt refreshing in the middle of the other new series for this fall.

Spoiler for boring seiyuu talk:

In any case, I'll be looking forward to next week after the episode ended with this particular scene.
Old 2007-10-06, 16:43   Link #43
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Yeah, it wasn't quite what I was expecting either. There were parts a lot trashier than I thought the show would be, but I'm kind of surprised (and pleased) by them apparently developing other relationships and plots outside of Kouichi.

OP

Caps
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=388

The ED is really nice too, though still not particularly animated.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 16:58   Link #44
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I agree with most of what Katapan just posted. I liked episode one, but wasn't overwhelmed. Perhaps this will be the kind of series that builds up slowly and has actual interesting characters. They all had something special about them, and the boys and girls seemed equally strong/weak, forward/shy, which was nice. And none seemed like total caricatures, which was even nicer.

I was impressed with Ikezawa Haruna's work as Mao-oneesan. She has been around a while, but the only show I really have noticed her in was Marimite, in which she was/is Yoshino. It interests me that she was born in Athens. She does look as if she might be part Greek, but ja.Wikipedia doesn't say anything about that. Except that she's a good dressmaker.

And of course Tanaka Rie is always riveting. Especially in this case. Here's the screencap that I guess Katapan was referring to:
Spoiler for ep1:
I've seen the special that was referred to earlier, and loved it. For those of us who think nothing to do with seiyuu can be boring, it was a real treat to get such a good visit with people like Koshimizu Ami, Tanaka Rie, Noto Mamiko, Ikezawa Haruna, et al.

And I loved marble's OP. Her ED for Hidamari Sketch was good and I'm glad to see her continuing to do anisong work.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-10-06 at 18:05.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 17:03   Link #45
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

I disagree...The ending for this first ep completely threw me off my chair...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-10-06, 17:06   Link #46
UPR

Well im enjoyed it.

I just hope the main character gets to have a moment like the guy at the end did.
Old 2007-10-06, 17:35   Link #47
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

First impressions: ITA with Deathkillz' points.

Spoiler for Thoughts on ed:
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 17:59   Link #48
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
Spoiler for Thoughts on ed:
Ahh...the classic gin sama treatment Her kind of moe is exactly my type of moe :3

Old 2007-10-06, 18:04   Link #49
cyth
Banned

Well, the first episode looks like the anime has nothing to offer to me. There's not much of a plot, no trigger for it to be overly interesting. Also it looks as if it has nothing to reveal, no mystery to solve, no nothing. I didn't find the characters that amusing; caricatures would've done a better job IMO. About character designs... They remind me too much of characters from Maria-sama ga Miteru and some shoujo series like Aishiteruze Baby. I guess watching interaction between normal and in-no-way-outstanding characters just isn't my thing. I'll be sitting this one out.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 19:14   Link #50
Siegel Clyne

Kouichi's Family Name in KimiKiss pure rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Another two seiyuu have been announced in the KimiKiss pure rouge cast, one reprising her game role in the anime, the other new to the game, er, anime.

Kawada Tomoko: Kawasumi Ayako
Aihara Kouichi: Hino Satoshi

Kawasumi Ayako voices the young teacher Kawada Tomoko throughout the Kimi Kiss / Kimi Kiss Second Season drama CDs, and appears in one of the anime recording session cast group photos as well, so it is no surprise to find her voicing Kawada Tomoko once again in the Kimi Kiss pure rouge anime.

On the other hand, it comes as a big surprise to many to find Hino Satoshi as the voice actor for male protagonist Aihara Kouichi in the anime. (Kouichi is voiceless in the game). Many had expected it to be Mizushima Takahiro, who voices Kouichi in the drama CDs.

Err, Hino Satoshi plays Sanada Kouichi.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 19:22   Link #51
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I'm confused. That doesn't look like your standard harem/hentai game/dating sim/eroge/galge/visual novel/younameityougetit anime to me. I think I'll watch another episode and see where this is heading ...
Old 2007-10-06, 22:13   Link #52
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Wow, this was really good. Definitely my surprise this season. It's a GalGe but done in a manner that totally makes it in line with a more regular romance series. A lot of the galge/eroge/etc conversions feel distinctly like they are those but this feels a lot more normal. The show closest in feel to this, that I can recall, is Sentimental Journey that was animated by Sunrise. I'm definitely gonna check out the next few eps.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 23:04   Link #53
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Flawless victory with episode 1. They did a good job of setting up the pairings pretty early in the show. This is from the POV of a person who hasn't played the game btw

anyone know the cheapest place I can get the game at? 70 bucks on playasia is too much T_T

Last edited by tun; 2007-10-07 at 00:20.
tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 02:36   Link #54
changeup

Certainly the series with the most numbers of popular seiyus this fall.

For male CVs we have Hino Satoshi, Mizushima Takahiro, Fukuyama Jun, Sakuragi Takahiro.

For female CVs we already have Koshimizu Ami, Tanaka Rie, Kawasumi Ayako, Hirohashi Ryo and Nogawa Sakura. Noto Mamiko, Nakahara Mai and Mizuhashi Kaori will also cast in this series.

When I was watching the raw in niconico, the Japanese fans commented that maybe all the money went to the seiyus so that they could not afford an animated OP!!!
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 04:12   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

My opinion on episode 1 can be put in three words and three dots:

Normal... but interesting!

Another "normal romance series in a school setting", it seems.

But it seems fun to watch, so it is OK.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 04:23   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
I'm confused. That doesn't look like your standard harem/hentai game/dating sim/eroge/galge/visual novel/younameityougetit anime to me. I think I'll watch another episode and see where this is heading ...
That would be my impression as well... but I'll have to wait for the sub to verify.
Old 2007-10-07, 06:04   Link #57
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That would be my impression as well... but I'll have to wait for the sub to verify.
It's the usual GalGe setup but it's done in a manner that is more in line with original and manga romance series. It's quite surprising when you get a good staff to work on something that may seem run of the mill.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 09:45   Link #58
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Just into the first 4 minutes of the episode and I'm already making a promise to myself to see through this series. This seems to be my type of show that I tend to get excited about. Will add more once finishing the episode.

edit 1: More I watch, the more I'm convinced that I'll like this show.

edit 2: I'm sold. This episode easily makes the most anticipating show for me from this fall line up so far. Two male lead characters!!!? And both of them voiced by very good seiyuus who don't have those wishy-washy voice. And it has been a while since the last time I've seen a series with Ikezawa Haruno, so I'm very glad to see how easily she gets into Mao's role. I love her...... voice. The other voice to look forward to is none other than Tanaka Rie though I need a little getting-used to this monotonous voice of Futami.

J. C. Staff, you have done it again. Let the fall season begin.

Last edited by monir; 2007-10-07 at 10:20.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 09:57   Link #59
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

And we have another convert!! *pats monir on the back*

Any groups planning on subbing this btw? O.O

Old 2007-10-08, 12:56   Link #60
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Yay, a game adaptation I can enjoy

I usually dislike harem/bishoujo game adaptations (heh, I'm a woman after all), but I was intrigued by the fact they wrote 2 male characters.
I must say the first episode won me over (even if I couldn't understand a thing ). I enjoyed the voice acting, the characters and the mood. And it seems the drama won't be too heavy, which is perfect since it's been so long I didn't watch a fluffy romance

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen